z

Young Writers Society

The Opression

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:22 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

I don't think that's reasonable Jules. At this point, it seems like the storybook is escalating between the two of us. Overpowered characters are a bad thing and having 40 mages build something out of thin air?

If this continues to escalate, I'll ask Rasi to make a decision.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:28 pm
Jules the jester says...

Ahh yes, i see your point. Ok, I shall edit it as soon as i have the time. I Have two minutes before i miss my bus. Sorry Griff

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:06 am
Griffinkeeper says...

While we're at it, can we set up a central plot?

I know we all have interesting characters, but we're not really showing them off in the best way. Characters like ours need a situation so they can show themselves off, instead of showing off and then making a situation.

A few ideas I have for a central plot are these:

The group forms up and goes on a quest to get more help for the Elvish side. Beare could be tracking them or be trying to get his own support group, but a more interesting idea could be to have a traitor join the group; in a non-obvious way of course (maybe Jules would want this character?)

This drags our characters away from the battlefield and closer to a quest type story.

This is just my opinion still, we do need something to unify behind.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:24 am
Nutty says...

I agree. we have lots of little plots between all the different characters. Flin with Galina, Galina with Seyla, etc.
I'm assuming it's because we all only have one or two characters and can't god mode others, making it a bit limited.
So yes, I agree. We need something to bring the characters together.

(Halflings rule! Even insecure ones!)
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

75 Reviews

Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:30 am
Jules the jester says...

Aye. i agree. Perhaps we should began anew?

280 Reviews

Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:15 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Sounds good here. I was working on a sheet on Elain's stats. (She has a great fear of crowds and is terrible with army combat- a good assassin, in short, but a crappy soldier :lol: )
ohmeohmy

75 Reviews

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:32 pm
Jules the jester says...

So Rasi. tell us what you thik we should do. you began this storybook. :P

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:49 pm
ELven-Maiden says...

Is it okay if I add another characer? If not, then just delete this post.

Name: Dria

Race: drow

looks: basic drow appearence; white hair, ink-black skin, red eyes. She perfers to wear dark clothing and never comes out during the day.

Talents: Normal drow magic (fire balls, infared spectrum, darkness spells [unable to levitate, though. Only noble drow can levitate]). excellent with a sword. convincing liar.

Weaknesses: light, especially if it's sudden. The suns heat is unbearable to her. Gives in easily to flattery and bribes.

Extra information: like every drow, Dria carries a vehement loathing for all surface creatures, especially elves and humans. She'll work with humans for the right price and respect, but will kill an elf on sight.

background: family was killed because they fell out of favor of Lolth the Spider Queen, the drow goddess. Dria, for some miraculous reason, escaped with her life to exile on the surface. She'll do anything to regain Lolth's favor.

And, of course, being a drow, she is hated, so she keeps her face hidden behind a mask. All you can see are some red dots when she switches to the infared spectrum.

(Dria's an evil character. muahahaha!)
Give me time, i'll crit your work XD I promise.
GO HORACE!
I have some IA on Venus, but I don't know how long it'll last. my com's getting crushed.
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."~Carl Jung, psychologist and psychiatrist.

Reviews: 1
Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:08 pm
Rasi says...

Ok, I would prefer not starting over. But I agree, that we need to form a group and it would help.

Ok, any ideas? If we start over how would you like to start it? If we dont start over how can we regroup? Griffin your idea would work if you want to bring it into reality.

And Elven Maiden, if we restart I would gladly welcome you. But if we dont it may be best that you dont join in the middle. It is harder to keep track of characters.
I would rather you hate me, than love me.
If you never really know me.

75 Reviews

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:35 pm
Jules the jester says...

Perhaps the good fellows can be forced back and all take refuge in the same village where things begin to form. Whereas the evil people are beginning to get confident and big headed. They send a force without any proper support which is destroyed. A small group of bad guys hide out.

TheGood guys hear of a rumour of a cache of legendary weapons that will help them defeat the dashuben. so set out on this search. whereas the bad dudes see them, going and say Ah ha we shall follow them.

So wam bam. we ourselves a nice little story =]

P.S this is only a rough plot. by god do change it old boy/gal

280 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Nutty says...

Jule's idea is good, Well I like it anyway...
So, Rasi? It's your storybook. Do you like that idea?
If we start again, It will take a while for everyone to redevelop their individual characters, That's the only problem I can see with a re-start.
(I've noticed quite a few characters are getting quite complicated, which is great to read, not so much fun to re-write)
But all in all, it's Rasi's final decision. :D
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

280 Reviews

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:17 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

I'm up for anything. Won't be posting too often, one of my typing fingers has been injured and I'm trying to "ration" typing time. :P If you do restart it, be a dear and send me a PM, k? Thankses :)
ohmeohmy

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:01 pm
Dark Lordess says...

I like Jules idea too, or something along those lines. I really don't want to start over. I don't like rewriting.
If you have to ask me why I write, you would never understand...

Reviews: 1
Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:29 pm
Rasi says...

I agree, I like Jules idea, and REALLY dont want to rewrite. So I will try and work the plot a little and post soon, probably on Saturday as Tonight I have to write an essay and tommorow I will be busy. Sooo, I will try and get it up, Saturday the LATEST ....thanks for the idea, it will be something along those lines.
I would rather you hate me, than love me.
If you never really know me.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:46 pm
ELven-Maiden says...

okay. ignore my post.
Give me time, i'll crit your work XD I promise.
GO HORACE!
I have some IA on Venus, but I don't know how long it'll last. my com's getting crushed.
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."~Carl Jung, psychologist and psychiatrist.

The sun can square up and fight me. Apollo is just another bi disaster, and I could take him.
— AlmostImmortal