z

Young Writers Society

Hotel of the Dead

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:08 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Tamika shushed the wounded man and turned to look back at Jersey. She eyed him for a moment before gesturing for him to come closer.

"Alright, work your spell. I'm going to check what we have in the box, too- just in case."

She gently set the wounded man's head on the ground so that she could scoot back for room for the box. Cautiously, she grabbed the case from the air and set it on the ground, popping the clutches on it and lifting the lid. Inside were various silver canisters of different sizes but nearly the same shape. She lifted one up and turned it to read the strange label.

"Antidote for Posion Classes A-G." She read aloud, and then grabbed another and did the same. "Skin Binding- Lengthy Wounds, Skin Binding- Deep Wounds. What is this? Jane, do these actually work?"

"All products offered to our guests can be used fully for their intended purposes." She responded with a hint of annoyance."

~~~

"Benji, your name was?" Damascus studied the man, glad to have a distraction from his uneasiness, "what was that ordeal with the bugs?"
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:25 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Mothman shifted uncomfortably.

"Benji's just an alias I'm using right now," he admitted, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm not sure of me before, but my real name's Mothman. They, uh, just like to come near me. I think it's because they think I'm one of them."

xXx

"I'm going to take that as a yes," Jersey said, turning his attention away from the box and to the injured man instead. This commented was responded to by a groan on the injured man's part, though Jersey suspected that the groan was completely unrelated to the conversation.

"Okay, hold tight," Jersey said. He rested his hands on the man's shoulders. This wasn't to transfer the magic - it was to prevent the guy from trying to get away. "This is going to hurt a bit."

He uttered the spell before the man had a chance to protest.

A second later, the man was screaming and frantically trying to get up. Jersey frowned. He really wished he had a better healing spell at his disposal, but, despite its painful side effects, that one was one of the best. This was proven a second later when the wound closed up without any difficulty. The man continued to scream, only to fall silent when he realized that the spell had done its job.

Now he let the man sit up.

The man stared down at his injured and hesitantly poked it. "Whoa," he incredulously said, feeling around what had once been a gaping wound. "You healed it."

Jersey grinned. "Well, that is the point of healing magic!"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:43 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

"Ah, I see." Damascus nodded, not being able to help the amused smile that stretched across his face. "That's actually rather funny. Though I'm sure you're tired of it."

He turned slightly to eye some of the food laid on the table, his mouth watering.

~~~

Tamika watched this play out, taking note of the man's use of a spell and the physical properties of the magic. An expression flitted across her face, display something that resembled jealousy, before dissapearing again.

"Now that you're in a good position to talk," she rose to her knees, "I guess we should start with introductions. I'm Tamika."

"Hey! I'm Sevy." He spoke up and waved from where he was still standing awkwardly at the staircase, next to Corynx.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:09 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He gave Damascus small smile. "It's not too bad when I'm alone. It just gets a little awkward when I'm around other people, especially when I'm trying to keep my true identity a secret."

He also turned his attention to the table. "I don't mind if you eat while we talk," he said, suspecting that Damascus was quite eager to eat human food after being stuck as a cat for so long.

xXx

The man who had healed him pointed at himself. "I might not look the part, but I'm the Jersey Devil. Call me Jersey, Devil, JD - I'm pretty much down for whatever you want."

This had to be some sort of joke, right? The Jersey Devil was just a story; he couldn't seriously be him. He had to be trying to pull his leg, but he looked entirely serious as he waited for the other remaining people - the man with the dragon wings and himself - to give their introductions. He opened his mouth to question the name, but promptly shut it when he realized anything could be possible after what he had been through.

He got to his feet. After poking his once-injured side one last time just to make sure its current state wasn't just a figment of his imagination, he looked around at the people gathered around him. They were strange, to say the least. But, then again, wasn't he as well?

"I'm Adrian Black," he said.
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:34 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Damascus gave a grateful nod and wasted no time in scooting back a tall chair and plopping himself down in it. Grabbing a plate, he started piling a little of every dish into it.

"I can understand that." He said around a chicken leg. "Blending in and having to stay true to your nature is very hard to accomplish."

He finished the chicken and took a long swig of the wine before continuing.

"Something eventually has to give. One thing I've learned, however, is that sometimes being true to yourself and being true to your nature are two different things." He gave a smile at this, which didn't seem to completely cover his weariness. "I've chosen the former, though it's hard most of the time."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:04 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Cornyx extended his hand. "My name is Cornyx. Cornyx Blackthorne. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." As he spoke, he furled his wings, and they disappeared.

~<**>~

Fabian watched her with wide eyes, unable to answer her in his cat form, and unsure about whether or not shifting out was wise.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:45 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Mothman studied Damascus, not quite sure what he was talking about. But instead of asking for clarification, he silently sat down in the chair beside him and poured himself a glass of coke.

xXx

Adrian stared at the space that the wings had once occupied before turning his attention back to the hand Cornyx was extending towards him. It would be incredibly impolite not to return the gesture, and he should have known better than to stare.

"It's nice to meet you, too," he said, shaking his hand.
mage

queer and here.

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:56 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

((May I join?))
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:08 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I'm not the one running this roleplay, @FireRose, but I'm sure @ChristenedPages would be happy for you to join!
mage

queer and here.

162 Reviews

Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:19 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Kira opened a door and stepped through. She stopped when she saw the others.

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:31 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Adrian and Jersey both turned when they heard someone enter the hotel.

"Welcome to Limbo Inn & Suites. We hope you enjoy your stay," Jane said before either one of them had a chance to respond to the newcomer's arrival. Upon hearing her voice - and seeing one of those floating tablets appear - Adrian looked vaguely alarmed; Jersey suspected the poor guy had been too delirious from his pain and injury for the experience to really register the first time.

The tablet came to a stop in front of the newcomer.

"Please press the screen to resister for your stay."

Spoiler! :
@Firerose, could you give a description of your character for us? I don't want to accidentally describe her the wrong way. :) Also, welcome to the Roleplay Realm!
mage

queer and here.

162 Reviews

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:48 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

((Thank you!! Kira is 5'7", long red hair with a black streak in it, usually in a braid, but she has it down now. She is wearing a long sleeve dark green tunic shirt with a cloak and blue jeans. Her eyes are slightly almond shaped and blue. She usually has a few knifes on her, keeps to herself, is shy, and is really really good at martial arts. She also has certain...powers.))

Kira pressed the screen, and then looked at the others, her hair partly covering her face.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:18 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Cornyx watches quietly, his silvery gaze penetrating.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

162 Reviews

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:37 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

((Kira also has a scar above one eye))

Kira looked around, still unsure. She really didn't want to get in the way, and she didn't who to trust. She sat down.

9 Reviews

Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:59 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Damascus focused on eating, comfortable in the silence. When he finished the contents of his plate, he moved to refill it with the platters on the table.

"So, how do you know the other guy, Jersey?" He tilted his head toward the door.

Elisa sighed and rested her chin on her folded hands. She remained hovering a couple of inches above the floor.

"I guess you can't speak like this. That's alright." She paused and peered at the cat. "Are you scared of me? Am I being too much? Blink once for no, twice for yes."

~~~

Tamika's eyes widened slightly as another person came through the doors. At least this one didn't seem to be injured, but she seemed to not want any attention drawn toward her. She cleared her throat softly and walked forward, leaving Adrian with Jersey.

"Um- hello. I'm Tamika. Before you ask, none of us live here or know what's going on."

Sevy watched silently, figuring that he would reintroduce himself again later- he didn't want to overwhelm this new girl.

She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings.
— Atticus