z

Young Writers Society

War of the Tsurekin

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:27 pm
TNCowgirl says...

(((Sorry, I've been out sick the past couple of days and it's knocked me back off my feet and killed my brain writing wise.:S )))

Skylar shifted her feet and looked at him taking a deep breath. "I'll trust you, but I'm not going to trust them." She replied crossing her arms.

"I understand that." He replied with a nod. She looked down and shook her head.

"I don't like it, Kai, they've been fighting us for as long as we've been a group. What'll make that change now?"
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:44 am
Dynamo says...

(I know how it feels. It's even worse if you're in college. You need all the time you can get just to finish all your assignments on time. You can't afford to take half a week off to recover. I hope you're feeling better at least.)

"Alex said it himself. Jirran has been acting especially irrational ever since he stole that stone. Maybe Alex has weighed his options and believes joining us would keep him safer than if he stayed with Tsurikansen." Kai closed his eyes and sighed. "But I know how you feel. That's why I'm going to be keeping a close eye on them myself."

"I still don't like it..." Skylar said.

"I know you don't, and I know it's asking for a lot for you to go along with this, considering our past dealings with them. So, I was thinking I could make it up to you somehow. Why don't I take you out for dinner tomorrow night after training?"
Last edited by Dynamo on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:25 am
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar frowned and crossed her arms. "Is that the only reason you are going to take me out, cause if so my answer is no." He laughed softly and shook his head.

"You know it isn't." He smiled. "Just a good excuse."

"Fine. They'll be training with us tomorrow, won't they?" He nodded and she frowned then shrugged.

((Almost all better. Now to get my posts back to good.))
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:41 am
View Likes
Dynamo says...

Kai nodded. "I'll be watching them, so don't worry. Now come on, the others are probably wondering what's taking us so long."

"Right." They both walked back to the mansion together. However, Ryukin and Tala stayed behind for a moment.

"They sure do seem to be getting along well," Ryukin commented.

Tala nodded in agreement. "That they do."

"Has Skylar ever had any boyfriends before she met Kai?" Ryukin asked.
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:18 am
TNCowgirl says...

Tala laughed. She had to. "No, you know how Skylar isn't trusting, well that didn't start when she met y'all. She doesn't trust anyone. Never has given a guy the time of day even if he had the guts to approach her. She normally makes sure they know she wants nothing to do with a boyfriend so they don't even bother to ask her out." Tala replied with a smile.

"Ah, really?" Ryukin asked.

"Yeah, She is protective of her feelings and her heart and I think that the reason she was so distant to the idea of a boyfriend is because someone else can kinda control how she feels."
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:46 am
Dynamo says...

"What about Kai?" Tala asked. "Has he ever had a girlfriend before?"

Ryukin laughed. "Kai was the exact opposite of Skylar. He was too shy to even approach another girl. Every time he tried he would get nervous and run away. He's changed so much after meeting you all, it's almost hard to believe he was ever the shy type. To tell you the truth, I'm still surprised he made the move on an aggressive girl like Skylar."

Tala couldn't help but chuckle. "Aggressive is an understatement."

"So, what do you think their chances of becoming a couple are?" Ryukin asked.
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:58 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Tala shifted on her feet and paused to think. "They've a good chance I think. Just because Skylar trusts him. She doesn't tend to trust many people, which means she'll let her guard down around him. That's a good thing, she's less.... aggressive that way. She just thinks she is vulnerable with it down so she doesn't really every let it down unless she feels safe." Tala shrugged.

"I can see that. But I've not seen her let it down around him."

"That's because others are around that she may not trust or she just doesn't want to be vulnerable around a group. It's her defense in a way." Tala laughed. "I don't see it unless it's just me and her. Or when we lived with her grandmother she always had it down around Gram and me. What do you think they're chances are?"
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:08 pm
Dynamo says...

"I think they have a good chance as well," Ryukin said. "Skylar is the closest thing Kai has ever had to a girlfriend. He's a smart kid, he won't be doing anything stupid to mess that up."

"Tala, come on!" Skylar called from the mansion.

"We'd better get going," Tala said with a smile.

Ryukin nodded and followed the wolf inside.

(You can do a time jump to the next day when they confront Alex and the others to tell them their decision, if you want. Unless you have something else you want to add.)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:59 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"What were y'all talking about?" Skylar asked when Tala jogged up to her side.

"Nothing." Tala said as she ambled next to Skylar. "We didn't feel the need to rush in." She shrugged and Skylar rolled her eyes. Tala was lying, but she was twice as stubborn as Skylar. Skylar had never convinced Tala to tell her something that she didn't want to.

"Right."

Skylar didn't like any of this. She was standing to Kai's right Sean was on his left. Alex stood in front of them with Harry and Brittney standing behind him.

"So what did you decide?" Alex asked. Brittney crossed her arms and Skylar watched her out of the corner of her eye. The two girls made eye contact and held it for a few seconds before Brittney looked away when Harry elbowed her.

Skylar waited to see how Kai would give Alex the news. She wasn't looking forward to hearing it again, or seeing the gloating looks that were sure to be on at least Harry and Brittney's faces.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:33 pm
Dynamo says...

(Let's say our characters are behind the school right now.)

After a moment, Kai answered, "We've decided to let you join us. You're the only person who can tell us who this new person is, and your strength will indeed be helpful against Tsurikansen."

Alex smiled. "Glad to hear it."

"Can we go now?" Brittney asked. "The heat out here is killing me."

"I hear you," Harry said. The two of them began to walk away.

"However," Kai said, grabbing their attention again. "We have our own condition that you have to abide by if you're going to join us."

"Fair enough," Alex said. "What might that be?"

"As long as you are a part of The Aushalten, you are forbidden from performing Soul Possession with your Tsurekin."
Last edited by Dynamo on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:46 am
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar looked at Brittney pointedly. This was something that they were not going to budge on. Period.

"Why not?" Brittney demanded, it took every ounce in Skylar's body to keep from snapping at the girl. But she had promised Kai before they got to school that she wouldn't say anything.

"Because, it is doing more harm then good and is hurting your Tsurekin." Kai replied calmly. "This is something that must be agreed on."

"Alright, we have an agreement then." Alex replied nodding.

"WHAT!" Brittney gasped. "That isn't fair though!"

"It is perfectly fair. Obviously they have learned soul fusion, why can't we?" Alex replied looking at her pointedly. She shut up and frowned.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:43 pm
Dynamo says...

"It is possible for you all to learn how to use Soul Fusion," Kai said, "However, it'll take you even longer than it took us because you decided to follow by Jirran's example and use Soul Possession."

"If it means becoming as strong as you, then I'll endure the wait," Alex said with a smile. "Now, I believe it's my turn to hold up my end of the bargain. Follow me."

Kai and Skylar followed Alex back into the school. Harry and Brittney, on the other hand went somewhere else. They arrived at the science hall just as everyone was getting their stuff from their lockers before going home for the day.

"Over there," Alex said.

"Where?" Skylar asked, staring into the crowd of people.

"The girl three lockers to the left of room 253."

Kai and Skylar looked a little closer and saw the girl he was talking about. She was short and looked to be a year or two younger than them. She had short blonde hair and wore glasses, a black T-shirt, plaid skirt, and knee high boots.

"Her name is Katherine," Alex said. "This is her second year at this school."

"So how did you find out about her Tsurekin?" Kai asked.

"Her Tsurekin follows her to school everyday, just as yours used to."

"I don't believe you," Skylar said. "If her Tsurekin follows her to school everyday, me or Tala would have caught its scent."

"That's because it hides in the dumpsters out back."
Last edited by Dynamo on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:13 am
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar frowned and nodded. "That's smart actually."

"Yes, she looks young and everything but that girl is smart. Her Tsurekin is too. When you approach her, you better be careful. If it's out of school I wouldn't suggest you have your Tsurekin with you or her's will feel threatened." Alex said.

"She sounds like someone I'll get along with." Skylar said looking at Kai. She looked back towards the girl. She did seem a tad careful, but she blended in just fine. Skylar took a deep breath to try and pick up the scent of her Tsurekin, but it seemed to be hidden very well.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:55 am
Dynamo says...

"How long do you think she'll be safe for?" Kai asked.

"Jirran doesn't know about her yet so she's safe for the moment. He does have his suspicions however, so I wouldn't suggest waiting too long," Alex said.

Kai nodded. "School is already finished for the day, so we would be wasting time if we were to approach her now. We'll wait until lunch tomorrow before introducing ourselves. We need to handle the situation delicately, we don't want to risk scaring her off. We'll try to befriend her first, then tell her who were are."

"And what about her Tsurekin?" Alex asked. "She is new to the scene, as is her Tsurekin. Even if she comes to trust us, there's no guarantee the Hydra will."

"Then we'll send Ryukin and Tala to try and befriend him."

(You can do a time skip to the beginning of training for that night if you want.)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:23 am
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar got her homework done quickly and then took a quick nap before evening training. She walked outside with Tala at her side. She'd been thinking about the girl at school all day.

"I think Kai is right that me and Ryukin should talk to the girl's Tsurekin." Tala said as they walked outside.

"I think so too." She replied. She frowned when she saw Brittney, Harry, and Alex.

"They are apart of us now, we have to act civil." Tala said.

"Are you trying to convince me or you?" Skylar laughed stiffly.

"Doesn't matter." Tala replied shrugging.
Want a Readers crit???

The only way of knowing a person is to love them without hope.
— Walter Benjamin