z

Young Writers Society

Autumn's Beginning, Autumn's Breeze

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:53 pm
Maybe says...

Riley-

"But what should happen if one of the effected should try to leave?" i asked.

"I will lay a spell on the door." Alex replied.

"But we have a mage among us."

"Is he effected?"

I nodded.

Alex heaved an exasperated sigh. "The spell will hold them."

I said nothing else, but entered the room that had been provided. Isabella, Trent, Ariana, and Val followed me.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:16 pm
Bella says...

Isabella~

I watched as Max lead Natan away to the next room. Alex had not said that we couldn't go with them, but his face said enough. So I was forced to follow the others into our room. I could see by the look on Val's face, that she was going just as unwillingly.
----------
Val~

As the others slipped into the room, I slipped back out, into the group of "effected" people.

"Were you effected?"

"No," I answered the mage simply, hurrying to catch up to Natan.

"You can't go in there then."

"But..."
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

116 Reviews

Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:52 pm
Maybe says...

Riley-

I turned back to the door just to see Val slip back outside. I knew she wouldn't leave Natan's side, no matter what.

I went after her, catching her just as Alex did.

"Are you effected?" he asked coldly.

"No"

"Then you can't go in there."

"But..."

"Come on Val, he'll be fine. Don't worry." i coaxed, grabbing her arm gently and pulling her back to the room. She finally gives up and follows me.

After a bit of talking, we all end up falling asleep. Ariana was curled up against my chest. Isabella, Val and Trent slept in their own beds. After making sure they were all asleep, i myself fell int to restless sleep.
Last edited by Maybe on Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:00 am
Alice says...

Ariana

I waited until Riley fell asleep to open my eyes. I gently slid away from him and slipped out the door. I hurried down the staircases around corners and out until I made it to the stables. hope they don't mind me borrowing this.[i] I thought as I climbed onto the back of a great stallion. "Heiya!" I urged the horse onto a fast run getting far out of site before I slowed down.

[i]Good girl,
his voice rang in my head like thunder.

Where do you want me to go?

Just over the ridge up there, I'm hiding in a cave.

You followed us?

Of course I did.

Horrified, I headed that way.
I just lost the game.

116 Reviews

Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:17 am
Maybe says...

Riley-

I jolted awake from a dream i could not remember, breathing heavily. I looked around the dim room and saw that everyone was still asleep. I laid back down and was just about to fall asleep again when a sudden realization struck me. I sprung up and cursed.

"Ariana?" i whispered loudly.

No answer.

Cursing again, i went to wake the others.

"Have you seen Ariana?" i asked worriedly.

"No, i've been sleeping." Trent replied dully.

Where could she have gone!?

"We'll find her, Riley," Isabella reassured me. "Don't worry."

But i couldn't help it. I had to worry.

I opened the door and looked into the corridor, trying to see Ariana. Nothing moved and nothing seemed out of place.

The rest of the search was a blur to me. We went all around the tower, searching for Ariana. We ended up splitting up, and i went upwards, though i already knew what had happened. The only thing i could not understand was why?

I rounded a corner and stopped dead. I sucked in my breath, stared for a moment longer before backing away slowly.

A hooded head turned towards me, an amused smile stretching across thin lips.

"Hello, Riley." Nathaniel said. The light of the moon from a nearby window shone on half of his face. "Looking for someone?"

"Uh...n-no." i stuttered. His smile widens.

"I know where she is." he said quietly.

"Then where?! She's your niece! Tell me where she went!"

He says nothing but simply pointed out the window. I raced forward and stared down into the darkness of the woods. I cursed.

"You will never find her without my help." he whispered. "Especially now that Natan cannot help."

I looked up at him. "How did you know?" i demanded.

He waved the question away. "That is not important. The question is, Riley, will you accept my help?"

I looked away. What choice did i have?

"Fine."

270 Reviews

Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:29 am
Alice says...

Ariana

I kept riding on and on the ridge still didn't come into view.

Am I going the right way?

Yes. Just keep going that way.

What are you going to do to me?

Punish you for leaving, then reward you for returning.

I didn't like the sound of those two words.
I just lost the game.

142 Reviews

Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:27 am
Bella says...

Isabella~

I stopped short when I saw my father talking to Riley.

"Oh Gods..." I muttered, turning back around slowly.

"Isabella, dear, I wouldn't do that if I were you," Father called, his voice taunting.

"H...hello, Father," I stammered, walking toward his instead. I did not make eye contact until he forced my head up with a quick jolt of magic.
----------------------------
Valentina~

I was a few paces behind Isabella, and did not move when Nathaniel's eyes flickered to meet mine. The anger in them was unmistakable, and I wondered why my legs weren't moving.

116 Reviews

Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:34 am
Maybe says...

Riley-

I stepped between Isabella and her father.

"Leave her alone! She's your daughter!" i shouted at him, my hands clenching into fists.

Nathaniel shrugged. "So you'll accept my help?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I already said yes," i growled. "Now can we go?"

Again, Nathaniel shrugged. Imitating my voice, he said, "Fine."

I glanced back at Isabella and Val. Their eyes were wide. Val's with fright, Isabella's with confusion.

I remembered Nathaniel being slightly cocky and sarcastic, but never a jerk like this...

I brushed the thought aside and followed the black-robed man down the stairs and out of the tower.

142 Reviews

Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:36 am
Bella says...

**Switching tense for a moment**

Val and Isabella exchanged glances, nodded to each other, and ran after Riley and Nathaniel.

116 Reviews

Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:55 am
Maybe says...

Nathaniel-

I led the three of them out of the tower. On our way down, we had met another of their friends, one i didn't recognize, who had joined out procession.

Once we finally got outside, i turned to Riley.

"You can fly then, i assume?" i asked.

He spread his wings and replied sarcastically, "No, these are all just show."

I rolled my eyes. "Fly ahead of us, if you want."

He instantly launched into the air. "Which way?"

I silently pointed to the northeast. He took off.

"What about us, father?" Isabella asked, standing a good distance away.

"We're not doing anything. YOU are going to follow Riley. I will catch up. I need to go see to your brother." i said. Before they could say anything else, i snapped my fingers and was instantly whisked away back into the tower.

270 Reviews

Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:00 am
Alice says...

I could feel my horse's movements starting to slow, and didn't urge him to move faster.

They're coming, hurry up!

I barely kicked the horse to make it move faster.

They're going to find you and when they do, you're all going to die.

No they're not dying!

Yes they will.

No, if they find me I will send them away.
I just lost the game.

116 Reviews

Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:14 am
Maybe says...

Nathaniel-

I teleported to the hallway leading to Natan's door. Of course, i already knew where they were staying and who else was with him. Finding these things out was no problem at all.

With a few quick, measured strides i came to stand in front of the old oak door. A shimmering blue pulse of electricity raced upwards as my hand neared the knob. I cursed.

"Damn Alex." i muttered before shoving my palm against the wood. Electric pulses shot through my body. My head jerked back, my hood slipping off.

Moments later the younger magician appeared, still struggling into his robes. His eyes turned to me and he blanched.

"Master Nathaniel." his voice was a whisper.

"Remove the spell," i said, speaking through gritted teeth. He stood rooted in the spot for a moment longer before hurrying forward, waving his hand over the door, and speaking hurriedly. The electricity stopped. I dropped my hand to my side and sighed in relief.

"Master Nathaniel, forgive me."

I glanced at him. "Leave, now."

Alex bowed and disappeared. I reached again for the knob and turned the cool metal before stepping into the darkened room.

Riley-

I shot over the trees, flying low so i would be able to spot Ariana.

It took longer than expected. Apparently she had gotten a much better start then i had thought. She was just about to ride over a small ridge when i swooped down, snatched her horses' reins and landed in front of the animal. It shied away instinctively.

"Ariana," i breathed in relief.

270 Reviews

Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:16 am
Alice says...

Ariana

No! No no no no!

Looks like he's the first to die.

NO! NO! NO!

"Riley you have to go!" I begged starting to sob. "He'll kill you!"
I just lost the game.

116 Reviews

Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:18 am
View Likes
Maybe says...

Riley-

I looked around. "Who?"

I drew my short sword reflexively.

"No, Riley, you have to get away! Please!" Ariana cried.

"Who!? Who is coming!?"

270 Reviews

Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:22 am
Alice says...

Ariana

I'm coming Ariana, if you are not alone over the edge of the ridge before I get there he will die.

No! Please!

He will.

"Riley," I said, "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Forgive me."

"For what?"

I punched him between the eyes and knocked him down and I sent the horse into a gallop over the ridge. please don't hurt him. I begged.

Is he with you?

No.

He'll survive for now.

Thank you.

I jumpped off my horse and faced the demons of my past, the shadow of my nightmares, the one we had sent out to kill.
I just lost the game.

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
— We Bought A Zoo