z

Young Writers Society

Journey to The Safety Zone- Started - OPEN

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:42 pm
View Likes
brittbritt12347 says...

Can I have a spot for a female survivor?
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:30 am
winterbites says...

Gabriel

"What's with your arm?" Caroline flung her arm out at Gab, pointing to his bandage arm. He realized how bad it must look, seeming as he had a past of well, cutting.

"Wow. Urm, my chainsaw ripped at my arm, while I was sleeping last night." I tried to smile.

"Right..." Her eyes darted from his face to his arm. The bleeding had started back up, it looked gross. "Doesn't that hurt..?" Caroline frowned and sat beside Gab.

"Nahh, I have analgia.." He turned his body to look at her.

"You have what?" Her frown deepened.

"It's just an illness, I can't feel physical pain." Gabriel nodded. Her disappeared to a smile.

"That's so cool!" Gab laughed. She hadn't been effected by mutant attack, which was good. Gabriel was told by Z, that wasn't allowed to fight, so he had just stayed here on this log.

"It is pretty cool." Gab laughed, "It can also be very dangerous." Gab looked at her serious. She nodded.

"Gabriel," Caroline whispered.

"Yes?"Gab asked.

"... Could I take a look at your arm for you. It could turn into gangrene.." She was right, it did need to be looked at again. He nodded and let her unwrap the bandage. She made a face, "That would of killed. Well, if you could feel anything.." She got out her medical kit and swabbed it. It seemed like the fact that Gab wasn't flinching or anything was intriguing her. She threw the used cloth into the low burning fire near us. She rewrapped it with a fresh bandage. "There you go." She pushed my arm back to his chest.

"Thanks." Gab smiled down at her.
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

Reviews: 0
Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:31 am
View Likes
ninjacookies says...

Spoiler! :
brittbritt12347: Sure just put your profile in a spoiler and jump in. Oh and you might want to check the DT. If you want to catch up to everything then that will probably help :)

27 Reviews

Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:08 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

Spoiler! :
Name: (Only one name is fine.) Regina
Appearance: Regina has blondish brown curly hair to her shoulders. Her eyes are a dark green and she is really skinny at height 5'5.
Personality: She is a very sneaky Bi***. She always gets what she wants, some people love her while others hate her for reasonable reasons. On the other hand she starts off sweet and innocent, if she doesn't like you, you'll know.. soon!
Skills: She is good with a bow and arrow, also she is a good swimmer and knife thrower.
Up For Love: Yes
Other: Regina is the ex of Jeydon. They went through a lot together and they knew each other ever since they were 2. They dated for almost 3 years and she broke his heart. In her heart she still loves him and he was the only thing that meant anything to her but she had to make him hate her because she was going away and couldn't stanf long distance. Now she is back.

27 Reviews

Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:38 pm
View Likes
brittbritt12347 says...

Regina

Lying on the ground, I hid under some tin, it had started to rain. "Darn it!" I yell. I layed there thinking. Coming back to this town, ugh. I never should have. Jeydon is the only reason I came back and now I don't even know if he is alive!!! I say in my head. Poking my head out I seen no one was around so I got up.

Walking down a road I see a paper saying "The Safety Zone." but I snickered a little. "No way there is really a safety place in this town." I say. Still, I went through and followed it. It kept going and going. I eventually came to what looked like a camp site and there was a few people shooting guns and bows. "What is this?" I ask. A girl comes over to me. "Hello. We have been expecting you. I am Q." she replies. "This must be The Safety Zone." I ask. She shook her head yes and pulled me over to the group. I look around and all of a sudden I spot someone who looked like Jeydon. "OH MY GOD!" I scream and run over to him. "It's you!" I say. He looked at me and his eye brow went up. "Regina. Remember?" I ask. He smiled a little as to say yes. "Hey, long time no see." he says. Then hugs me.

"No hard feelings?" I ask. He knew what I meant and said, "Nope."

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:54 pm
View Likes
barefootrunner says...

Ayumi

Ayumi clamped her mouth shut and marched away, fingering the hilt of a knife, still poisoned, in her pocket. Jeydon was really getting on her nerves. He could not, could never know what she felt each time she looked into those deceiving, beautiful eyes. Hot hate and fear coursed down her spine like a river of fire. And Alison was falling right under Jeydon's spell.

"It's you! Regina, remember?"
Ayumi's head snapped up. After the mutant attack, the pressure in the camp had risen to a new level. They would soon have to move, and everyone was on edge. A new girl had stopped just short of embracing Jeydon. He looked at her for a while and gave a small smile.
"Hey, long time no see."
Then they hugged. Ayumi's cheeks became suffused in an angry red. Another victim.
"No hard feelings?"
"Nope."
Ayumi stood and strode past the couple. Jeydon looked around sharply.
"Where are you going?"
Ayumi spat at his feet. "None of your business."
Jeydon looked as though he wanted to stop her, but she pulled her ice pick from her pocket and leveled it at his throat.
"Keep your fat ass out of my sight," she snapped. She passed them without looking twice. As she marched through the ruins of the fire, kicking up sparks, Z stopped her again.
"You can't go wandering off without telling anyone," he said levelly, looking her straight in the eyes. She shouldered past him, shivering at the touch of her bare skin against his. She was still only wearing a crop top, after all. Not looking back, she said loudly, "I'm going for a walk. Ten minutes."
"Don't go too far!" Z called. Ayumi was in no mood to humour him.

She broke into a run as soon as she was out of sight, weaving around rocks and bushes. Once she reached the beach, she slowed and sat down on the dry sand, pulling out her Beretta Nano and removing the magazine. She snapped it back into place with the heel of her hand, clicked off safety and racked the slide. Then she removed the cartridge and started over. Tick, tap, click, snap. A pause. Tick, tack, click, snap. Each movement had its own rhythm. She held the gun as Jason had shown her and aimed at the sea. Then she placed the barrel in her mouth.
How would one commit suicide? she wondered. Then she realised how crazy it was and removed the gun quickly with shaky hands and clicked the safety back on. Removing her pack, she stowed the gun deep down in her pack and extracted the Lunocet. She undressed her pants, folding them neatly beside the pack. The fin strapped on comfortably, and she crawled into the cold water and waited for a wave to take her out. With a small breaker she rolled her spine and swept her legs down. She shot forward into deeper waters. The monofin worked like a tail, lending her more grace and maneuverability than she had ever possessed before. She spun around, forgetting the cold and diving deep down into the water. There was nothing that could stop her here. Nothing at all. She arched her spine and sent ripples of power down her legs, propelling her forward. She broke the surface like a dolphin and fell back in bliss. This was too easy — it was fantastic.

All too soon, the ten minutes were up and she made her way to shore as promised. She stripped the fin off her feet and started to grab her pants, but found that she could not see them. She looked beneath her pack. There was nothing there, either. Neither were they in her pack, though her Beretta gleamed with an oily light amid the bundles of necessaries.
This had to be some horrible joke, she decided. Somebody, probably that bastard Jeydon, had taken her pants. She now possessed not a single piece of decent clothing.
"Hello?" she called. "Anyone there?"
There was no answer.
"This is not funny!"
A breeze stirred the grass and Ayumi shivered in her wet underwear.
"Please — please give me my clothes back!"
But there was no answer. Ayumi pulled the Beretta out of her pack and clicked safety off.

Spoiler! :
Anyone up for the game?
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

Reviews: 2
Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:01 pm
View Likes
Nightnotes says...

Hey, is there any chance I can still join this storybook? I know that it has already started but I would really be interested in joining!

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:07 pm
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Jeydon

"Joy." I say to myself. Walking away from Regina I walked over to Q. "Hey." I say. She looks toward me blushing a little, "Hi." she replies. "I take it you know the new girl?" she asks. I shook my head yes and rolled my eyes. "Why are you doing an eye roll?" she asks.

"She is my ex, I thought we were done for good, like I'd never see her." I reply. She looked a little annoyed but still put on a smile. "You have a beautiful smile." I say.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:14 pm
View Likes
littleauthor says...

Q

I don't think anyone was ever said that I had anything beautiful before. Q thought after Jeyson told her that she had a beautiful smile. She blushed and that just made her smile more. A was pretty pissed that she had yet another girl to compete with but at least Jeyson had noticed her in the first place. She looked over at the annoying girl eyeing Jeyson and Q carefully and turned away.

"She can be a bit over protective." Jeyson said keeping his voice low. Q nodded and reached down for a piece of bread Z had left for her.

"Want some?" Q asked tearing off half. Jeyson shrugged so gave him the ripped piece of bread and they ate, still aware of the girls staring eyes. After they finished Q heard a snarky voice behind her.

"hey guys, what's up?" She asked in a very rude voice. Q put on the sweetest smile she could manage and she turned to face her.

"Oh nothing, we were just talking." Q said her smile showing all her teeth with her eyes sparkling. She could feel Regina's annoyance so she kept going on. "You know, like how FREINDS do."

That's it, Q had cracked her. Regina stormed off and left again. Q went back to her normal self and Jeyson ignored what just happened. It was almost like when she started to talk, Jeyson shut her out. Q yawned and pulled out her knife to clean it off. Sliding the blade against her shirt, the gooey blood came off leaving it clean and un-touched. She and Jeyson eventually left, going different directions. Q went to Z and they just sort of sat. Everyone was tired so they all went to bed as Q and Z stayed out.

"you should go to bed." Q yawned to Z as he shook his head.

"You go." He replied. Q leaned against him growing more and more tired. "How about we both stay out and went we get tired, wake the other up."

Q nodded and Z volunteered to take first shift. Q laid down in the grass, using Z's leg as a pillow, and fell asleep.
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

35 Reviews

Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:53 am
View Likes
winterbites says...

Spoiler! :
I'M UP FOR IT! barefootrunner JUST LET ME GET MY POST UP xD

Gabriel

"Please — please give me my clothes back!" She called. Oh, this was hers? Gab looked down at the clothing he had been using to wash the upper part of his arm, where blood had been splattered . Soot!

"Uh.. Was this yours?" He called walking out, "Oh.." He turned around.

"You bastard!" She hissed and looked down at the blood stained piece of clothing..

"Woah, hey." Gab said with his back to her, he put up his hands, "I didn't think anyone was out here... I didn't know this was yours."

"How could you not you it's mine! You probably followed me!" She accused.

"No, I didn't!" Gab shot back.

"I need my clothes!" She cried.

"Look, Ayumi.. I'm sorry.." Gabriel shuffled through his pack.

"What are you doing?" She asked loudly.

"Looking for something to cover you!" She huffed at him. Gab pulled out a sheet looking thing... Why would they give my one of these? He shook his head. "Here.." He turned around with one hand over his eyes. He put out his hand passing a small sheet looking thing to her. She snatched it and wrapped it around her body.

Well, she is probably going to kill me now...

Spoiler! :
Hope it's alright!
Last edited by winterbites on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:45 am
View Likes
therealme says...

Spoiler! :
If you want guys I'll post next :)

~Alison~

Alison couldn’t believe how stupid she had been.
There she stood, looking at Jeydon as he smiled at the new girl’s approach – using the same beautiful smile he had given Alison.
"It's you!" the new girl shrieked with delight, running over to the campsite. "Regina. Remember?" she said.
Alison saw recognition flood into Jeydon’s eyes and watched as Regina flew into his arms. Jeydon gave her a warm hug.
Alison continued to watch as Jeydon turned away from Regina and made his way over to Q.
Q blushed up at him with an admiring look in her eyes. The same look Alison had given him just before.
Alison found it difficult to hear what the two of them were saying, but she managed to catch the tail end of their conversation.
"You have a beautiful smile," Jeydon said to Q, looking deep into her eyes and casting his spell.
Alison felt reality slap her in the face like a tone of bricks. Her heart drop to the cold, hard ground like a heavy stone. As if waking up from a sweet dream, Alison came to her senses.
Time seemed to slow down around Alison as she observed the scene playing out in front of her. She felt separate from the world, completely invisible.
For the second time that day, insecurity crashed into Alison like a tidal wave and drowned her in negative thoughts.
How could I have been so naïve? Jeydon is a player. Besides, as if anyone could ever be interested in me. I could never be as pretty as Q or Regina. What chance do I have competing with them? Why do I always have to be such a fail in life?
Tears stung Alison’s eyes, and she blinked them away furiously.
“Hey, are you alright?” someone asked.
Alison forced on a fake smile and turned to the person who had spoken.
Ash.
“Yeah, I’m fine.” Alison was thankful for her expertise in persuasion, knowing Ash would believe her. That’s the ironic thing about me, I feel so much yet express so little.
Shockingly, Ash saw right through Alison’s brilliant acting skills. She gave Alison a skeptical look.
How could she tell I was lying? No one can tell when I’m lying.
Fortunately, Ash didn’t say anything more about it, and left to go do other things.
Everyone was packing up the camp and getting ready for the long journey ahead of them. Alison watched as the tents came tumbling down. The fire had been put out and the camp was almost non-existent.
Overlooking the busy camp, Alison decided she needed some space to be alone for a little while.
Slipping behind the trees, Alison ventured deep into the dark shadowy stillness of the forest. She didn’t stop moving until the sounds of camp faded to a hushed murmur in the distance.
In the daylight, the forest didn’t look nearly as scary as when she’d collected firewood the night before. In fact, this new day forest showed almost the exact opposite effect.
The thick canopy of leaves seemed to protect Alison. Branches arched over her head like loving arms, holding her and making her feel safe. The slight breeze travelling through the lush greenery whispered calmly to Alison, telling her that she would be okay.
But nothing was okay.
Why didn’t anyone like me? Q had completely righted me off the first moment she’d seen my face. Jeydon had toyed with my feelings, obviously not caring about the outcome. Regina had introduced herself to me with a death stare. Am I really that terrible to be around?

Alison took in a deep gulp of air, letting it soothe her feelings ever so slightly. I should get back. The others are probably wondering where I am.
Leaving the peaceful forest, Alison headed back to the camp.
As she reached her destination, an unbelieving shock swept through her body.
Gone.
All traces of the camp had vanished, apart from Alison’s belongings. No one else could be seen.
They ditched me.
The relisation burned itself into Alison’s mind as quickly as the panic took hold. Alison tried her best to ignore the hurt she felt.
Grabbing her belongings off the ground in one fluid movement, Alison sprinted in the estimated direction of where her fellow survivors would be. The others might not want me around, but I have to get to the Safety Zone, whether they like it or not.
Last edited by therealme on Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

35 Reviews

Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:50 am
View Likes
winterbites says...

Spoiler! :
**Nods like a mad person!** YESH!

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:09 pm
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Jeydon

While everyone packed their bags and got ready to leave I decided I should stick around a while. I don't need to be here. I can protect myself. Besides I can't take Regina's crap today or any other day. I say to myself. While sitting in a tree, I saw Alison appear from the woods, she looked disappointed, as if everyone abandoned her. I was going to say something but decided it would be best for her to go alone.

Alison looked around for a moment before walking into the direction the people were in. I knew where they were going. My mind kept going back and forth back and forth. Alison has pretty eyes, a beautiful smile and she is brilliant to talk too. Q is sweet and a good person to talk to and had a beautiful smile. I know they like me, but I'm not like they assume I am. I thought to myself.

I looked around once more and then hoped out of the tree and walking into the direction everyone went to. Spotting Alison, I ran up to her and stared at her. She looked at me a little disappointed and was about to say something. I grabbed her by the hand, pulled her close, then kissed her. Afterwards I smiled and ran off. She was so stunned she didn't know what to say or do so she just stood there.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

27 Reviews

Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:35 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

Regina

I got what little stuff I had, so that the group could all leave. When we started walking, I realized not everyone had came with us, such as Jeydon and Alison. Storming back through where we came from I went to find them. "Where the freak are they???!!" I yell. Oh my god, I sound like im obssessed with Jeydon, No, this cant be! I thought to myself.

I saw Alison walking towards me, she was looking right at me but yet still didn't see me so I hopped into the woods and watched. While I was watching I seen Jeydon walk up to Alison, she looked sadly into his eyes and was about to say something but he kissed her and ran off. "What the hell?!" I scream to myself. Reality swept through me, that I couldn't get him back.

I won't stop Jeydon, I won't. NOT until your mine again. I start saying in my head. I continued watching Alison, it was like she was in shock, "What have you never been kissed before?" I say but in a low voice. My heart ached like never before.

I walked back and met the group, I seen Gab and I walked up to him. "Hey." I say. He looked at me and smiled, out of no where I take him by the neck and kiss him then just walk away. "Ha." I bet that made Jeydon jealous. Looking back, Gab was just staring at me and I looked to see where Jeydon was but still no where in sight. "Dangit!" I yell.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:32 pm
View Likes
littleauthor says...

Q

Q stood there as Jeydon kissed Alison and he didn't even notice Q was standing right next to her. Q was as stunned as Alsion was and they just stood there looking at the exact spot the Jeydon once was. Regina ran over seconds later to kiss Gab but then she cursed under in her breath once she realized Jeydon had ran off. Q, alison, and Gab stood there all trying to register what had just happened. Q was the first to snap out of it and she walked over to Jason who was near the front. Holding back tears she stood with him. She held her bag tightly under her arm and walked in between Z and Jason. She held her head high trying to seem stronger than she was feeling and didn't say a word.

After several minutes of walking Z finally pulled her forward so they were ahead of the rest of the group and said in a low voice. "Q, what's wrong?"

"Nothing," Q replied calmly trying to accept the fact that they aren't her for love, they're to fight.

After an hour more of walking they stopped for a lunch break. Q sat on the hard lacked ground next to Z and they ate in silence. She took out her knife and picked up a stick she had found and started to carve more arrows. She had done half of one by the time they had finished eating so she kept doing it as they walked. The group walked over a hill and found that at the bottom of the hill was a giant mob of mutants.

"Get ready to fight!" Q yelled back at the rest of the group as she pulled her bow out. She aimed and fired at 2 mutants killing them with one arrow. She smiled as the mutants looked around confused then smelt them out only a minute later. The rest of the group had pulled out their weapons and stood next to Q and Z ready to fight.
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

have u ever noticed how ugly rosy-lipped batfish r? and not like in the “aw ur so ugly ur cute” way that like opossums r — no they’re just hideously ugly beasts that should never have existed and r the epitome of evolution fails. the stupidity, blank look, head emptiness. they’re horrible n everyone who likes them r horrible too. they truly have the worst fan-base >:[
— Shady