z

Young Writers Society

The Hunger Games - Done

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:53 pm
Dragonet says...

I'm going to be gone on vacation in Washington DC. (My first time going, I'm so excited!) So I won't be back until Monday. Cal, you can put my character on the top of the list, when I get back, there are going to be a lot of posts and I don't think I'm going to want to read them all to catch up. So just kill my character.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:33 pm
Junglelover says...

Sorry I didn't post! I was just about to when my internet did something, and then I had to go. Lucky I was able to save it!

Ryan Hunt--5
I heard names being called, and I waited silently for my name to be drawn. When my name wasn't drawn I began to worry, Izzy's name was already drawn for district 5, along with another guy who looked scared to death.
"That's it, no more spots open. But, would anyone want to volunteer?" A man called out to the crowd. I raised my hand, "Yes? Who will you be volunteering for?" He asked.
"Bob Johnson, district 5 ." I said, almost forgetting his name. Bob ran out into the crowd, and hugged a woman, who appeared to be his mother. I walked up to Izzy and stood beside her,"That was close."

I stood besides Izzy, and tons of other people, who I didn't know. Just standing there, waiting for the horn to blow. "Now, remember what I told you? What are we going to do? Who are we with?" Izzy quizzed me.
I sighed, "Yes, yes, yes, We--" I was cut off by the sound of the horn. Izzy looked at me hoping I didn't forget. A gave her a Yes-of-course-I-remember-we-gone-through-this-hundreds-of times! Oh, of course I remembered! The plan was I go through the stuff while Izzy holds them. And then after wards, we were to meet a girl by the name of Chase Smith! I thought as I ran towards the tables.
As soon as I got to the tables, Izzy began to fight the others off, and I began picking out our weapons. People fell to the ground all around us. I heard Izzy scream, "Are you okay?"I asked.
"Yeah, I fine." She said with gritted teeth. So far I got a dagger, something that looks like a ninja sword, and cooper wire, which I put in a shack. If only I could get my hands on a bow and some arrows!
A boy came up besides me and punched me on the jaw, and I few to the ground What? Where Izzy, she's supposed to be guarding me! Well,that was it for me, I ran off in search for Izzy.

Izzy Fox--5
I heard my name called, and I walked up to my spot, and waited for the other name to be drawn from district 5, "Bob Johnson." I looked at Ryan, and he winked. After everything was done Ryan volunteered for Bob. He cam up besides me,"That was close." He whispered.

"Now, remember what I told you? What are we going to do? Who are we with?" I quizzed him.
He sighed, "Yes, yes, yes, We--" the horn blow, and he was off, giving me that look.
I followed Ryan to a table where I stood behind him,fighting of people who might take what he's trying to get his hands on. I saw a girl running towards the table, so I kicked her. But wasn't very happy, and she punched me in the face. I let out a howl of pain.
"Are you okay?" Ryan asked.
"Yeah, I fine." As I punched the girl back, and then she ran away. I saw a boy with blond hair running off with a bow and arrows, Ryan sure would be happy if I got him that! I took off, leaving Ryan to fend for himself.
I ran up to the guy and jumped on him, pinning him to the ground. "I'll take that!" I said, hitting him in the stomach.
He let a gasp of air,"If you weren't a girl!" He threatened.
"Go ahead, don't let me being a girl scare you!" I said before hitting him as hard as I could, putting him out cold. If only I had a knife!
Ryan came running up to me, "I thought you said that you were going to protect me!? Look what I got!" He said pointing to his jaw.
I let out a laugh, "I need to protect you?"
"Well, it didn't come out like I wanted it to,"
"I know, I'm sorry, but I got you this." I said pulling the bow and arrows out from my back. He stared with awe, and took it from my hand. The moment was wrecked by a guy tacking him to the ground. "Wow, Bows popular." I said as Ryan and the guy rolled around on the ground.
After Ryan had fought off the guy, we ran off in search for or allies.

And could some one please tell me what's happening?
Hope this is okay!
Last edited by Junglelover on Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:10 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

Ivan Istor

Andi and I made it to our destination with plenty of time to spare. We picked a small room that looked to be in the best shape and proceeded to barricade up the door with random shelves and the like that we could find around the room. There was no bed, but an old rotted sofa. Neither of us really wanted to sleep on it, so we used it for the barricade.

When night fell, the entire park went completely dark. Andi and I stumbled to the nearest wall and sat down next to each other. Everything was silent except for a small buzzing noise that could be heard from outside. The night also brought a cold chill that was just cold enough to keep us awake. We each took a small swig out of the jug of water and prepared for a long night of doing nothing.

"We should have grabbed the sleeping bags." Andi said in the dark.

"Yeah. I think nobody took them, so we may be able to get them tomorrow. I just didn't want to weigh us down." I replied.

"Yeah." We were silent for a few minutes before Andi spoke again, "So, is there anybody you are worried about in these games?"

"Just one. My fellow District 1-er. Samantha. She's been trained as a markswoman."

"Weren't you two supposed to be in an alliance of some sort?"

"Yeah. I mean, that was how we were trained. I was trained to even out her weaknesses in close combat while she was trained to even out my weakness in ranged combat."

"Why aren't we with her then?"

"Long story short, I met you. I never really got along with her, and when I suggested taking you in, we fought about it and decided to part. She thought you'd be a liability, and I thought that you'd be the difference between life and death for me. Even though we were trained not to kill each other, I always feared that she'd kill me in my sleep or something."

"So you wanted a witness." Andi said.

"Maybe I explained it wrong. You see, we get along well even though we both know that only one of us will survive. I never had that kind of relationship with Samantha. I always fight with honour. I would never kill someone in their sleep like Samantha would, and I can trust you enough to do the same when the time comes." I said. Andi was silent for a moment.

"When do you think that time will be?" Andi said.

"I'm hoping to stay together until the final 5 at least." I said slowly, "Then we will have to part. With a deal of course, we give each other a day on our own before we attempt a hunt for each other. What do you say?"

"Sure." I wasn't very convinced with that answer, but as long as she knew she could sleep easy while she was with me, all I could hope for was the same courtesy.

"I expect Samantha will be hunting us. She will see me as a threat as well. If I can corner her before she has a chance to snipe me, there is no doubt that I can win that fight. Until then, we are going to have to stick to the enclosed spaces and low to the ground. She will try and lure us out to the open spaces or take the high ground. We cannot let her do that, since that is where she is at an advantage."

"Before we think of that, we should get some sleeping bags so we can sleep and recharge." I nodded. It was a good idea. We needed to be well rested for what lied ahead.

"Yeah." I said, "We should try to get some rest now as well."
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:12 pm
Calligraphy says...

Well, I would like you to post a little more to catch up to the time zone of everyone else - night.

57 Reviews

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:23 pm
Junglelover says...

okay, I guess I'll just read all of it,then post.
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

57 Reviews

Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:24 am
Junglelover says...

I kinda glanced through the posts, so if if miss anything important, tell me.

Izzy Fox-- District 5
"Alright, what you got?" I couldn't stand it anymore, I had to know what he got.
"A dagger, a ninja sword, and cooper wire."
"Hmm, I wonder what Chase got? Let's see, you can have the bow and arrows, I'll have the sword and the dagger. You can have the wire." I said, flashing a smile.
"Why do you get the dagger!?"
"We'll she what Chase has before I give a small boy a dagger."
"Why? Does this Chase person have a bigger role then you?"
"No! You know what I mean. Come on, lets go find her." I said.
"Yes Sir!"
"Don't you forget it." I loved it when he did that.

Ryan Hunt--District 5

The terrain was all green, and slimy, "How could anyone stand this?"
"I can, I love it." Izzy said.
"And that's why your gross!" I said teasing her.
we started a conversation, trying to get my mind off the green stuff. We were walking and talking, walking, talking, walking, talking until we came across a crying girl.

"You guys, why didn't you call out to me?" She said whining.
"Chase! What's wrong?" Izzy called, running over to her. I ran after her and rubbed her on the back. So, this is the girl Izzy was talking about....Wait, why am I rubbing her back?! She began laughing, and rolling all over the ground. Of course I stopped rubbing her back. What was wrong with her?
"You......Guys.........are so....funnnnnnyyyyyyy!!!!!!" She said between laughter.
Izzy smiled,"That's Chase." My cheeks burned hot red with embarrassment. "Ryan, this is Chase, Chase, this is Ryan."
"Nice to meet you, Ryan." She said, and then began to laugh again.
"Yeah, sure." I said, still not recovered from her stunt. "So, what did you get?" I asked rudely. She stopped laughing, and turned serous.
"Water, and two daggers." She said with a straight face.
"See, Ryan, you get a dagger." Izzy said.
"Hehe, great, But what about Chase? What does she get?"
"Well, I don't know. She can have both daggers, besides you won't use it."She said, Boy, she knows me pretty good. "Are we good?"
"Yes...."
"Good, we should try finding a place to sleep, it's getting dark."

Ah, I can't do any better then this. I have to go to bed. I don't know how much I'll get done tomorrow, but I'll try really hard!

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:37 am
pinkangel54123 says...

Chase

I'd told them some of the things I have, and I immediately regret it. Do I really want them knowing what I have? I ask myself. I'd let the weak girl act slip for a while, but I put it right back up. Patting my body, I pretend like I've lost something.

"What're you looking for, Chase?" The boy from District 5 asks.

"I'm so sorry, guys. I spilled all of my water and I must've dropped my daggers while I was running." Without glancing downwards, I push the dagger that fell out of the way. It doesn't seem like they noticed it when it fell.

"Did you check your bag?" the girl from 5 asked.

Suddenly, I burst into tears. "I'm just sorry, alright? They gave me this stupid empty bag, and I didn't know it was empty, and everything was so confusing up there, so just don't kill me right now. Please. I can be a big help like if you gave me the bow and arrows and the sword we'd never be hungry again. I'm from the hunting district after all. Anything you want I can get if I have good weapons. I swear," I babble. My bottom lip slips into a pout. I can taste the tears on my lips, but that doesn't stop the tears from falling. I can see the pair wavering in their descision.

I always was good at playing make-believe.

Echo

By the suns position in the sky, I can tell that it's a while after eight thirty. Me and Kace trudge closer and closer to the castle. Suddenly, the sky turns pitch black. Kace screams out my name, but I stay silent. The dark is nothing to be afraid of. A slight buzzing sound meets my ears and I shudder in apprehension. Immediately, what feels like millions of bugs are upon me. Scratching and biting me in too many places to count. Now I can't help but scream out in agony. I slip the sword out of my belt and start to swing it in eery direction, hoping to kill some of the bugs.

The cloud of bugs won't thin. I began to sweat from the exertion and a frigid wind blows through my clothes, chilling me to the bone. Things weren't faring too well for me after all. I can't stop my teeth from chattering as the wind keeps whipping around my body. My legs collapse beneath me, and I don't resist when my legs curl up beneath me and my arms wrap around my legs.

**Echo could use a blanket or something to keep him from getting hypothermia since he's sweating. Maybe a gift from his mentor?**
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Random avatar

Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:25 am
Calligraphy says...

Sometimes a person will not give something because it is near by. If you can pull through this night somehow you will here the game maker announce in the morning that at the cornucopia there is three sleeping bags. Guys this is for everyone! Everything else has been cleared away.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:42 am
ultraviolet says...

>Can we post about the next day? Cal, I think you should tell us when night is over, that way we're not too confused. Just 'cause, I don't want to rush to the next day if no one's posted to the night yet<
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

Random avatar

Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:48 am
Calligraphy says...

ummm, I am pretty sure that everyone has posted about night. Or at least they had their chance to, so I will allow you to post about the morning. If someone has not posted about night just include both in your next post.

45 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:51 am
TheGreatIthy says...

Leon Echelon

I must have dozed off a bit during the night, because it seemed that as soon as I close my eyes and opened them again, it was light out. The areas where I was scratched and bit still stung and upon looking at them, they looked like bad mosquito bites all over my torso, arms and legs. I took a second to take in my surroundings. I was in a hallway with a dead body face down in front of me still clutching a large spear and still had the large piece of glass sticking out of his neck. The blood had flowed right to where I was sitting so my shorts and legs were soaked in it. I then slowly began to undo my shirt bandage around my hand. The cut had scabbed over thankfully and wasn't infected. It still throbbed, but I guess I was in the best case scenario at the moment.

I got to my feet and staggared a bit. I was really thirsty. I took a swig of my not-the-best-but-still-better-than-nothing water and felt a little better. It definitely wasn't going to last long, but did the trick when I really needed it. I then took a look at what the tribute had on him. It wasn't much. A candy bar, an empty packsack and the spear. I filled the pack with my stuff and ate the candy bar. I put my blood stained shirt on and swung the pack over my shoulder and gave the tribute one last look. As I looked I got light headed and dizzy. The pain from the bites became distant. I thought I was about to feint, but I regained some control at the last second.

Close call, eh?

"Who's there?" I croaked. No answer. It sounded so real, yet I knew somewhere in my mind that it wasn't real. Couldn't be real.

Didn't you hear? There are sleeping bags at the cornucopia.

I looked around, then settled my gaze on the spear. Was that it? I shook my head. No. The stress and lack of sleep and lack of water and no food was just getting to me. That was it.

Too late anyways. You are at the monorail station. No need for sleeping bags, eh?

I realized I had my eyes closed. I opened them. I was staring at the sky. My throat was soar and dry. The pike was still clutched in my hand. My pack was lying beside me on the ground. I struggled to my feet and took another small drink. I didn't have much left, but I had to keep moving. Just ahead of me was a large buiding with a monorail track running out from it. I must have wandered off lost in my mind again. Hard to believe I made it that far without collapsing. Well, I guess I did collapse. My muscles were soar, the bites ached and my mind seemed to be on vacation and I was talking to a spear.

I went to a small fountain and made some more semi-filtered water. It still sucked, but it was something.

You should sit down.

"Yeah. Probably." I walked up to the building and sat down in the shade clutching the spear close to me as if it was my safety blanket. I probably looked dead to any passerby what with all the blood and grime on me, but I didn't care. I was the chameleon.... Weeeeeeeeeeeee...... The world went black and I was out like a light.

*Just to let people know, while he was wandering, he was talking to the spear the entire time. In fact, most of what was thought was also said out loud without him really knowing. So, if anybody wants to use that, I think it would be pretty funny. :smt003 *

Will review for food!

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:48 am
ultraviolet says...

>I'm just going to post for Acacia, since they're together right now<

Acacia Lane

We decided that no one was going to travel through the gnat-things and make it to us, so we wrapped the tarp around us as went to sleep, using each other's body heat to keep warm. Still, I stayed up maybe an hour, just to make sure no one was coming around. Even if they made it to us after that long, there was no way they would be in any condition to fight us. Or even open the door, most likely.

When I woke up, my head was leaning against Jeremy's forearm--I didn't even reach his shoulder. Lucky for me though, because he was drooling onto his shoulder, and I probably would have killed my valuable ally if he had drooled on me. Literally.

I flicked his head.

"Wakey, wakey, I said in mock cheerfulness. How can I use you to my advantage today? I thought. Hey, I was in it to win it. And if that meant toying with his fragile, immature boy mindset, who was I not to?

He woke with a start, most likely having forgotten that we fell asleep in such close contact.

"Come on," I said. "Time to go."

The buzzing had stopped, and outside looked clear through the window. We gathered up our stuff and left, glad that it had warmed up considerably from last night.

As we walked, where the bugs had bitten me it hurt a lot, and I could see little scabs forming. Good, I thought. Scabs meant it was healing. I hoped.

We went to Animal Kingdom to check the traps, but were disappointed when we got there. The bugs had eaten the rabbits caught in the traps, and, while there was still rabbit left, it was all gnawed out with flies swarming it.

"Crap," Jeremy said.

"Watch you language," I teased. "Children are watching." Even I had to admit how absurd that sounded. Of course, I was only manipulating the audience, sponsors, and him, but hey, if I make 'em laugh, I make 'em laugh.

"It's a good thing we left some rope with Falco," Jeremy said. "Speaking of which, I wonder how he's doing."

"He was inside, and, unless he ran into trouble, is still there. We're the ones we should be worried about."

"You're probably right."

Duh.

A few deer scamper by about ten yards away.

"Didn't you say that the animals were about nonexistant yesterday?" I asked.

"They were," Jeremy said. He looked confused.

"Interesting."

Why would they be here today and not yesterday? What changed? Why would they all come to one place. I hadn't noticed before, but there were animals everywhere, of every kind. What would draw them to their enemies?

I snapped my fingers. "Of course!"

Jeremy looked at me like I was crazy.

"Tell me, oh skillful hunter, what one reason would animals be desperate enough to face their enemies for? Why would they all congregate together?"

At first he looked confused, but slowly understanding dawned on him.

"Water."

"Yup."

Sure enough, when we found one of the lakes, the water wasn't gross and sticky, but clear and drinkable looking. I cupped my fingers and drank a bit.

"It's clean." I couldn't even taste minerals in it. It was like a fresh stream in the mountains.

"You're brilliant," Jeremy told me as I filled my water bottle.

"I know," I said. "Feel free to bask in my glory."

Just then, the Gamemaker's voice echoed throughout the arena:

"Tributes, three sleeping bags have been added to the Cornucopia. I repeat, three sleepingbags have been added to the Cornucopia."
Last edited by ultraviolet on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

57 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:48 pm
Junglelover says...

Ryan Hunt--5

"I'm just sorry, alright? They gave me this stupid empty bag, and I didn't know it was empty, and everything was so confusing up there, so just don't kill me right now. Please. I can be a big help like if you gave me the bow and arrows and the sword we'd never be hungry again. I'm from the hunting district after all. Anything you want I can get if I have good weapons. I swear,"
"Where not going to kill you. Ryan, give her your bow and arrows. That's all you can have, I'm keeping the sword and dagger." Izzy demanded.
"What?! Why? There the only thing I have, I'm really good with them! You can't just take them away!Why don't you give her your weapons?"
"Ryan! Chase is from 9, she's a hunter! Give her the bow!"
"No! Can anything good dome from district 9?! Besides, if she's really that good of a hunter, she won't need weapons!" I can't believe she's taking her side! I was her best friend!
"Ryan!" Izzy said, getting more, and more frustrated.
My whole body tightened up, I clenched the bow in my hands. I stated at Izzy, then at Chase, who if she been sucking, would of looked like a tut. My anger built up inside of me, I wanted to do something extreme. "Ahh!" I let it all out, and through my bow and arrows to the ground. Chase let out a smile, but then turned to the way we found her. I stormed off, I was mad. But not mad enough to go far away. I turned around, and came close enough to hear their conversation. I stayed there till morning, through the cold night.

Izzy Fox-- 5
"I'm sorry for his lack of manners. He's really a nice guy, I'm sure you guys will get along fine, you can trust him. Now, do you remember where you dropped the bag, maybe we can looked for it in the morning."
"I don't now, every tree looks the same, to me."
"Well, that's okay, we'll do fine with what we have. We better bed-down for the night."
I woke up with bugs biting all over my skin, that burned like fire. I looked at Chase, she too was covered with them. Then I looked around for Ryan, he was no where insight. I got up and began itching myself. My arms, my legs, my face my neck, all over the place. Chase was tossing and turning, "Chase, wake up!"
Last edited by Junglelover on Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:08 pm
Calligraphy says...

- Ultraviolet, in your last post could you mention the announcement that I said the game maker was going to make.

Everyone remember that the nights get very cold, but from morning tell night it is really hot and sunny. By now those of you who aren't really an probably will be seeing the signs of sunburn.

A. S.

45 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:33 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

Ivan Istor

I was sitting next to Andi who had, despite the cold, managed to get some sleep when the light came back. As soon as the light came on, a booming voice announced from what seemed to be everywhere,

"Tributes," It said, "3 sleeping bags have been added to the cornucopia. I repeat, 3 sleeping bags at the cornucopia."

Ah shoot. Now, everybody is going to go back for them. We would need to be fast. I roused Andi and told her about the announcement.

"We better start going." She said.

"That's what I was thinking. Come on, get some apples to take with us, and I will take the water." I said.

"Yeah."

We were lucky to have stuff like that with us from the beginning. We have been rationing off the water and the apples and we still had a little over half of the water left and half a dozen apples. I would like to be finished in these games before we ran out.

We went back outside into the heat and sunlight. It was so bright that I had to squint for a couple minutes before my eyes adjusted. I was still tired, but the sight of the sun helped somewhat. We looked at each other and nodded. We weren't that far from the cornucopia so in theory, we could make it there and back before anybody else showed up.

Will review for food!

I didn't know beards could do that ;)
— ShadowVyper