z

Young Writers Society

A Teenage Life (DEAD!)

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:49 am
Mizzle says...

Delilah:

Smiling at Jaqi, and the mango lollipops that had just been placed in front of her, her mood lightened, and the regular Delilah was back. That was, until, Libby slapped the girl who had just given Delilah her happiness back. Jaqi rushed out, crying, and Delilah's face immediately heated. She wasn't one to normally fight, but when she stood, with a sneer on her face, three snotty girls came up behind her to back her up.

"Girls, I'd like you to meet Libby, the female dog of the group." Delilah glowered, took a mango lollipop out of her mouth, and stuck it in Libby's hair.

"Oh, I'm the female dog, am I, Delilah?" Libby was shouting, and trying to yank the mango lollipop out of her hair to no avail. The girls behind Delilah burst out laughing, and nodded to Libby. Yes, she was the female dog.

Delilah looked at Sam's shocked face and shrugged.

"Libby, I'd advise you to watch yourself next time you decide to slap someone. Especially if that someone is my best friend. And also if that person just gave me mango lollipops." Delilah gave a light grin, but her eyes were cold as she turned on her heel and strutted out the door, leaving her girls behind to finish dealing with Libby.

"Jaqi!"

The girl looked up at Delilah with teary-eyes.

"Thanks for the lollipops. I'm not sure Libby enjoyed them as much as I did, though, seeing as I just stuck one in her hair," Delilah grinned and reached out to hug her best friend, supplier of lollipops.
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:57 am
View Likes
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Jaqi

I cried into Lilah's hair, with my feet sore and shoulders heaving. Lilah kept whispering in my ear, and I eventually stopped crying. After a few hiccups and removing my Converse (what good they are for dancing, aye?) and sat back on my heels.

"Are you- hic- going to come -hic- to the -hic- showca -hic- se?"

Lilah giggled and nodded, rubbing my arm and handing me a water bottle. I drank it gratefully. Improvised exerting dance plus hiccups equals massive need for water. I wiped my eyes and glared at my glistening fingers for a second.

"Y'know, I really wish I was sixteen too."

Lilah laughed. "No, you don't."

"Hm. Maybe. Did you really put a lollipop in Lib's hair?"

"Haha, yeah."

I laughed, then wrinkled my nose. "I feel kind of bad. I shouldn't have snapped at her."

"She shouldn't have snapped at you."

"Well, I dunno. She looked like she just had a bad day."

"Jaq, we all have bad days. No excuse."

"But what if everyone had bad days on the same day?"

There was a pause. Then, "Then that would be really bad."

I snorted. "Yeah. Yeah, it is."
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:59 am
SisterItaly says...

Libby

I felt a tear escape my eye. I looked over to the others. Clenching my fists.
"C-could you tell Derek. That I left... and tell Mr.Baker I'll have to do detention another day." I covered my eyes with my arm.
"Libby..." Someone started. I turned my back on the group,
"Just shut up!" I yelled, running down the hall. I knew exactly where I was going. Danny's, the small restaurant. Danny, was like a second father to me. Mr.Baker tried to stop me as I kept running.
"Elizabeth!" I stopped one second.
"I'm going. Don't stop me." I hiss. He reach for my shoulder, but I took off running again. When I was safely, OUT of the school, I stopped running. I walked along the side of the road. Danny's was only five blocks away.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:11 am
Sidd-chan says...

((i don't like it when you guys use my character, so please don't. JAy is mine, so don't make him say or do anything; that is for me to decide. And i wont be on for a bit, so dont' go too far ahead in the RP please! you all post too fast for me!!))

Jay wiped the paint off of his fingers, rubbing his paintbrush against the bottom of the sink, watching the paint stain the clear water. He had been painting a mural on the face of a cabinet for the teacher like some of the best artists to pass through the school did; it would be his lasting mark that people could admire. It was a picture of a Japanese dragon, roaring and twisting along the long span of the cabinet, claws splayed and teeth bared. It was masterful, and he was very proud of it. Art class was tough, though. Jay never really got along with most people, and his style put up a few barriers, and his skill made them frustrated. So, as usual, he was lonely in art class.

But the bell had rung, and it was lunch. He smiled, tearing off a square of cheap paper towel to dry his hands, tossing it into the trash bin and throwing his deflated backpack over his shoulder to head to lunch. He loved lunch time, the best time of the day to hang out with friends and cool off. He hadn’t encountered any of his friends yet, so he was apparently out of the loop when he saw the sour expressions on their faces. Frowning, he arranged his things on the floor under his seat with his friends.

Jay hardly got more than a few words in to show that he at least was in a cheery mood before Libby lashed out at Jaqi. He blinked, caught off guard by Libby’s sudden hostility, though it wasn’t much of a surprise coming from her; he loved Libby to death, but she was violent. But Jaqi was sensitive, and that had clearly stung.

He pushed his coppery hair out of his eyes, then gently held Libby’s shoulders in his hands and pressed his cheek to the top of her head, “Hey hey, that wasn’t nice, love. If you want to vent, I’ll take a few hits.” Straightening and smiling sweetly, he weaved his way around the table to retrieve Jaqi.

“Where do ya think yer going, lass?” Jay chuckled, catching Jaqi around the waist from behind and giving her his best hug. Everyone claimed his hugs were amazing and snuggly and made you feel like the center of the universe. “Come on, you know Libby; she didn’t mean it. Lets go back”
NOTICE!!!

By the time you notice this Notice, you will notice that this Notice is not worth noticing!!!

66 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:14 am
SisterItaly says...

libby is halfway to danny's
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:15 am

And Jaqi and Lilah are in the dance studio.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:40 am
untameabletiger says...

~Katrina(Kat)~

My life was great at the moment, but i wait wasn't sure how long it would last. I shoved the rest of my school stuff in my locker, and walked out the school as the final bell rung. Living near the school sucked, I had to walk home. I turned my phone on, and a message from my mom came up, it read: Hey hun, I know you didn't want to take dance, but I signed you up anyway, don't kill me for it. love ya, Mom.P.s. practice is after school.

I groaned, my mom was awesome, but she did get annoying, I mean, who's mom doesn't. I walked out of the double doors, carrying my zebra print bag. I started to walk to the studio, which wasn't to far away either. The only reason I knew where it was, is because I used to live here when i was little, but back then, I was home schooled.

57 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:48 am

Jaqi

I pleaded again. "Please, have mercy, Li! I really don't wanna do it!"

"Do it."

I groaned and hit play, launching into my routine. I ended it a few minutes later, and Lilah burst into applause. I smiled and bowed, blushing all the while, ponytail disheveled. School ended ten minutes ago after end of the day homeroom, the class I had with Lilah. Mixed age class. I had bolted for the studio, she followed.

Lilah was starting on her sixth mango lollipop when a girl with hair more colorful than mine walked in, looking grumpy. Lilah stiffened and bit down on the lollipop stick. She grabbed her bag. "I have to go, Jaq. That was great."

She was almost to the door when I realized that this must be Kat, the girl Lilah was fuming about. I grabbed my bag and ran after her, jazz shoes starting to come untied and ponytail halfway undone.

"Li, wait!" I yelled after her, gently pushing aside the girl as I raced to catch up with my best friend, leaving a still-angry Kat back in the studio.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:41 am
brittbritt12347 says...

Brayden

I was just about to walk out of the school and walk home when i bumped into lilah and jaqi,"whats wrong Lilah?" but she just pushed me out the way and ran down the hall. I looked at where they exited from and I heard music so i slowly walked in to see what or who was in there..When i seen who it was i fell and hit the floor,I groaned,"that is gonna leave a mark,"then i got up and went behind the bleachers so I could watch Kat as she danced around.
When I wasnt looking I heard someone wisper my name from the corridors so I looked and it was Sam so i walked over to him and said,"hey whats up?" he looked and me and just pulled me out the doors so we started walking to the gym to get a good work out. He started talking to me about Kat and i found myself getting jealous, or more than that furious,it was so strange and i thought to myself,"I wonder if this is how he feels when i talk about her,"then i just joined in on the conversation telling him my likes and dis likes about her.
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:35 am
Yuriiko says...

Andrew:

The sound that the basketball made as it bounced against the hardwood floor echoed throughout the gym. The place was so calm and Andrew felt a little bit happy. Having this gym entirely his own for at least less than an hour pleased him quite a bit. He wiped down his sweat rolling over from his head to neck. He got into his position then shot the ball into the hoop.

"He shoot, he scores," thought Andrew as he went towards the ball which was rolling on the floor again. Reaching down the ball, he heard silent conversation near the red bleachers. Walking near to it, with the ball on his hands, he spotted a girl and a boy.

Looking at the boy narrowly, he noticed it was Sam.

"ey, Sam!" Andrew called out loud his name, Sam and the girl who was with him jumped a bit and tilted his head. Sam smiled as he saw Andrew, who was few meters away from him.
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

27 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:49 am
brittbritt12347 says...

Brayden

A few minutes later after the work out I left the gym about to go chill out alone in a corner and drink a bottle of water,but before I sat down I saw delilah and jaqi walking down the halls going back to the dancing studio because jaqi had to practice a lil more for her showcase. I jumped back up and asked lilah if she was ok and she yelled,"Brayden,LEAVE ME ALONE..I dont feel like talking to you right now," but just then kat walked out and i could have swarn I was about to fall over but I managed. Kat walked up to me and I smiled,"hello," she wispered. I just looked at her then shook my head and said,"Im sorry but I gotta run..well bye." before she could say another word I ran off into the dance studio after deliah and jaqi.

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:37 am
Yuriiko says...

Fox: do we have our DT for this already?
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:03 pm
Mizzle says...

Delilah Hawkins:

Delilah stopped running, defeated-looking, with tears welling up in her eyes. She gave a heavy sigh, trying to keep from crying, and watched as her best friend took a seat next to her. Lilah felt bad that she had run away from the studio and Jaqi just because Kat had entered--Kat, new girl and the object of boy obsession. But she was glad Jaqi had followed her out.

"Li, you didn't need to leave just because Katrina came in," Jaqi sighed.

"Yeah, I did. Because where Katrina goes, Sam and Brayden follow, and I don't like they way they fawn over her like she's the next best thing." Delilah sniffled. "It makes me sick."

Jaqi nodded somberly. "I didn't even know the girl took dance."

"Neither did I," Delilah murmured, and pulled out her seventh lollipop of the day, sticking it in her mouth and giving a lopsided grin.

Confidently, Delilah declared to her best friend, "I have a plan."

Jaqi gulped.

The two best friends ran back to the dance studio, Brayden yelling out, "Li, what's wrong?"

All he got was a, "Leave me alone Brayden! I don't want to talk to you!" and a glare from Jaqi.

He ran after them.

Delilah did a happy dance when she realized Kat was gone. Jaqi laughed, and soon both friends were holding their stomachs from laughing too hard.
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

27 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:26 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

Brayden

I watched as delilah and jaqi walked back in the dance studio after Kat walked out and i decided just to walk in and see what they were doing,I thought to ask Delilah what was wrong but i decided it wouldnt be such a good thing to do. I watched them for a few minutes then i walked out to my car and drove over to the Art Studio,I began to draw..not knowing what i had drawn until i actually looked at it. It was a beautiful painting of delilah and it was the best painting,I of course, have ever drawn in my life..then i heard someone walk in and i tried to hide the painting.

It could be anyone

66 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:23 pm
SisterItaly says...

Libby

I finally reach Danny's, as I pushed the door open, a bell rang. Announcing my arrival. I was happy no one was here. Danny looked over, and smiled brightly when he saw it was me. I wiped my eyes and tugged on the lollipop again, he shook his head and walked over.
"Libby, what did you do this time." He grabbed the lollipop and ripped it from my hair. I hissed and put my hand on the side of my head.
"I slapped someone and Delilah put a lolly in my hair." I muttered, looking towards the ground. He shook his head and lifted my chin with his finger.
"Who was it this year." I pushed his hand away and looked away from him.
"Jaqi..." He put his hand on my shoulder.
"Little Jaqi?" he asked. I just nodded. He sighed and grabbed a Danny's apron off of the rack by the front door. "Are you going to hang around? You should just apply for a job, at least then I can pay you." He said leaning his head to one side.
"I'll hang around. But I don't want a job." I often came and volunteered at Danny's. It was relaxing.
"I was hoping you'd say that. I'm still going to pay you, and we need a waitress on the floor. Lynn called in sick." I nodded and put the apron on. Nobody from today better show up. I sat in a booth and talked to Danny, about my mother. They had been childhood friends. Finally someone came in.

*could be anyone*

The Book.

If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.
— W. Edwards Deming