z

Young Writers Society

The Marked Ones

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:10 am
Chupatoasta says...

**Hey guys, I'm sorry, but I won't be on tonight, and I don't have a lot of time so I won't be able to post! I'm sorry!**
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:18 pm
eldEr says...

{{{I'm just gonna do a little short post here....Sorry...heheh}}}

JAXTON

I sighed and looked around. Wasn't much, but I guess it wasn't nothing either. Fee seemed alright, but I automatically hated Lolli. The others...well I wasn't quite so sure about them.

I sorta just stood in the corner, watching everybody talk. I wasn't one for starting conversations, or for walking up to somebody I had only just met and start blabbering. I sighed loudly.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:33 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Kylie

I slunk over to Jax. Seemed nice enough. I curled up against the wall.

"I know it's not much, but Fee's really great about keeping his word. I've slept in worse places."

I smiled fondly, remembering the gang that had taken me in that had lived in an alley. Sweet kids, really.

"I haven't," he said softly. I shrugged.

"Different people take different paths. I didn't have a family to go back to. You did. Simple." I said, hopefully not sounding cruel.

He smiled. "Guess so."

I smiled back.

He was the first actually bearable kid in our group. Nova seemed still shaky. Kerli was always experimenting. Lolli? That was obvious. Setji scared me. Carley was probably runner up, but those clones...

So Jax would be acceptable.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:10 pm
SisterItaly says...

CARELY

I decided i wasn't about to use my powers in front of normal people. Last time i did they tried to use me, making me bring other Me's up to do their bidding. My Me's had feelings too! They didn't like being used. I looked over at Kylie, she was talking to jax, everyone seemed to be talking to somebody. The guy who had answered the door came and sat beside me.
"You look lonely." I leaned forward, resting my elbows on my knees and my face in my hands.
"A little, don't you have anything better to do?" I asked him, he creeped me out a little.
"Na don;'t be like that. A friend of Kylie's is a friend of fee's" He said gesturing at himself. Was he trying to flirt? That was unbelievable. People like him irritated me. I made a second me and she tapped his shoulder, then i evaporated her. I giggled when he turned to see no one.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Kylie

I glanced up and saw Carley messing around with Fee, who, being the idiot (lovable, albeit, but still an idiot) he was, was trying to flirt. I shot her a thumbs up and returned to my conversation.

Jax, once he got into the conversation, was quite a good talk-buddy. He would tell me about times his powers had been the ultimate entertainment; I, in turn, would tell him about life in the city. I demonstrated a few voice changes for him (he said if I ever got the chance, I would be the best actress Hollywood had ever seen). When I changed to Fee's, I actually got a confused look from said gangster and his crew, and many smirks of approval from my own crowd.

I almost wanted to stick with it for the rest of the night, but someone would've caught on, and I couldn't risk that. Kerli was ecstatic about her developments; she could now lift heavier objects straight off the ground. Lolli had basically passed out on her cot, as she had (of course) claimed the only actual piece of furniture available. The rest of us stuck to our hammocks, which we had strung between whatever we could find. Nova was talking animatedly to Kerli as she practiced, and even Setji looked pretty content. Tate was leaned against the wall, chatting with Nova and Kerli casually.

We actually looked like we were home.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

384 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:04 am
eldEr says...

JAXTON

I grinned at Kylie, throughly ammused. She wasn't so bad, plus she was easy to talk to. Oh yes, and she was actually sane.

I yawned loudly, feeling rather exhausted. "I'm gonna hit the sack. I need sleep, horribly," I muttered, mid-yawn.

Kylie giggled. "Alright. I won't stop you."

I smiled sweetly, deciding that now was as good a time as ever to go all gentleman. I wasn't a flirt, so I hope nobody took it the wrong way. I took Kylie's hand and bent over, kissing her knuckles lightly. "Lovely to meet you. 'Night." I turned, somehow not blushing and crawled into one of the hammocks.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

57 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:27 am

Kylie

I blushed furiously, squeaking something along the lines of "Sleep... yeah..." before launching myself into my hammock. My ears were buzzing and my heart wouldn't shut up.

Kylie! Listen to yourself! Shut the heck up and get some sleep! my subconscious (we'll call her Connie) screeched.

I groaned. Connie was right. I had faced nearly seven foot tall, probably on steroids guys and killed them- and I was freaking out over a knuckle kiss?!

I truly was insane.

I curled into a little ball in my hammock and watched as Carley bid her clones farewell, Nova hugged Kerli, Kerli excitedly swung her hammock towards her, Setji slipped into his hammock, and Tate hopped into his hammock casually. I curled up tighter.

I felt my face. Burning hot. And I knew it wasn't fever. Curse you, Jax. I thought furiously.

Connie piped up. But it was nice...

Yeah, I kind of- whoa! Connie, bad girl!

I mentally slapped my subconscious and squeezed my eyes shut before Connie could say another word.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:52 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kerli~

I wasn't tired after all the sleep I got before, so I just sat in the hammock and thought. Today had been fun. I yawned, and laid down. I was bored, but not tired. I rolled off into the floor, looking around and smiling. That was fun. I sat up, and began playing with the dirt again.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:07 am
Jas says...

Nova

I was starting to like these people. I was practicing taking the energy out of a little blade of grass I had found, watching it turn brittle and gray, then pushing the energy back into it. Kerli was holding the blade above my head with her powers and Tate watched as the floating piece of grass turned yellowish-gray, then green over and over.

"I'm so sleepy, but I don't actually want to sleep," I said. Kerli's confused smile seemed genuine.

"Why don't you steal someone's energy then?" Tate replied.

"Because it gives me headaches and a bit of energy just isn't worth it," I answered.

"That sounds suckish. So, what's you're story?" Kerlie asked.

"Oh, um. I don't really know that much. Just the you know, typical raised by crazy scientists, have a X tattoo on my neck like some assasin and got freed a couple years ago. You?"
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:20 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kerli~

"Born in a small country called Estonia, they shipped me off to the US when I was three to live in an orphanage"--I didn't go into detail about it, and I'd rather leave some parts out--"scientists took me away shortly after, and now, I'm here." I could tell some of them were amused by my accent. It was priceless, and not many people had one like me.

I left out the part where I ran away, living on the streets for years on end, and I got caught using my powers. They could do without those parts. It wasn't lying if I left it out, just not telling all of the truth. As if they cared anyway.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

384 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:02 pm
eldEr says...

JAXTON

I chewed on my lip, staring up. Staring at what exactly, I wasn't sure, just staring up. Tot seemed to be against me sleeping, whenever I finally started to drift off, he would slither against my face or my neck. Oh, hello Tot. I don't see what you could possibly gain from keeping me awake like this you filthy sleep-ridder. Please just let me sleep in peace, I'll be much happier with you tomorrow that way.

Eventually I ended up taking off my shoes and shoving him inside of one. They didn't stink, which was a plus. Well, unless you put your nose right up to them, but at least they wouldn't be stinking up the whole room.

Satisfied, I let myself drift off, trying to stay positive. I was safer here than anywhere else, Fee was hospitable, I actually met a semi-sane girl, the hammocks weren't so bad when you got used to them...

I ended up dreaming about being locked in a dark room with an unkown girl (she was masked), magically gaining ninja skills from some sahpire hidden within the wall and busting us out. Good dream overall, less strange than most.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:09 pm
Light_Devil! says...

*WOW. I don't post for like two days, and I'm totally lost! :D Hmmmm. Can someone pull Setji back in please? :)*
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:19 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Hm... If you don't mind Lolli going outside to smoke and running into him and pulling her crap, I'd be happy to XD.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

351 Reviews

Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
ToritheMonster says...

Lolli-

When you wake up drunk, you know you have severe sleep-walking (/drinking) issues. But my head was buzzing pleasantly, so it was okay. I grabbed the packet of cigarettes I had stashed under my bed and went outside. Fee kept giving me crap about them, so I had to get my kicks outside at night. I could change his mind if I wanted to,but I honestly didn't feel like it. It was more fun to know you were breaking a rule. I lit up and took a long drag. The smoke was like a best friend that I hadn't seen all day. I sat down, but the sound of footsteps made me immediately stand back up.

"Who are you, and what the hell do you want?" I slurred, ready to incapacitate anyone who was a threat.

"It's me, Sejti." he said, stepping into view. I sighed. "God, Sejti, go ahead and scare the crap out of me. I though you were some government agent, coming to take me in. Where the hell have you been, handsome?" I asked, giggling. He took two steps away from me. "I got lost. I ran into one of Fee's guys in an alley, he saw my X and told me where you all were." he said. "So, I'm going inside now, if you don't mind." He said, starting to walk past me.

"Awww. Sejjjjie. Sejjie. Don't be a killjoy. Stay out here." I said, blowing a smoke ring at his face. At a speed faster than I could see, he whacked the cigarette out of my hand and stomped on it. I cranked my powers up to full blast and tuned in on him. "Don't ever do that again." I said. He nodded. "Now punch yourself in the nose. Hard." I commanded. He did, giving himself a rather pleasant gushing nosebleed. I smiled. "Lovely. You can go now." I said, dropping my hold on his mind. His eyes deglazed. "Why am I bleeding?" he said as the blood dripped onto the pavement.He glared at me. "Did you...?" I smiled sweetly. "Go on inside to your little friends, gorgeous. Tell them I say hi." I said, lighting up a new cigarette. He went in, clutching his nose.

351 Reviews

Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:40 am
ToritheMonster says...

Okay, I accidentally called him Sejti instead of Setji. Just ignore that, I'm too lazy to change it.

“All stories are true," Skarpi said. "But this one really happened, if that's what you mean.”
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind