z

Young Writers Society

No Redemption

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:54 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Taleon

The two were alright. They were good thieves, certainly, and more than that I actually felt I could get along with them, something I had never actually had thought was possible in a long while. I had long since left behind friends and such... but maybe they could be.

But I was getting ahead of myself- it was one heist, and I hadn't known them for too long. They still had time to show their true colors, or anything else.

Eventually I was able to fall asleep. I tried to block out the memories of those who I had used to be friends with. Because Hunter and Keiko, however great they were, would never be Elle and Ret.

I woke up the next morning. I wasn't thinking about them.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:30 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Hunter

I saw Tal get up and rub his eyes. He ducked into the bathroom and I could hear him splashing water from the basin onto his face. I glanced over at Keiko. I sighed. I knew the poor girl hadn't slept at all.

"Twitch, hun, you should get some sleep." I told her, sitting up.

"No," she said simply, and promptly opened her third can of energy drink in two days. Seeing as one usually lasted a full day, I was beginning to worry.

"Twitch, c'mon! You'll die of exhaustion soon enough, and-"

"I said no, Hunter!"

And I don't want to lose you.

She apparently didn't hear my painstakingly sappy thought, because she drained the can in less than fifteen seconds and starting brushing through her hair. I thought I heard a sniffle coming from the bathroom, but I didn't pay attention to it. Keik straightened her stuff out on the sofa (I had taken the one across from her) and pulled her hair into a ponytail.

I was contemplating injecting her with a sleep-inducing serum when Tal walked back in, hair damp and in a new outfit. "We can hang out here for the day, I guess." he said, his mind obviously still on other things.

"Cool," I heard Keiko say absentmindedly before toying with her butterfly necklace.

Good Lord, what would it take for her to relax? A scowl flickered across my face and I started talking to Tal about something.

I would make that girl sleep, even if I had to steal the King's crown to do it.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Random avatar

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:36 pm

Taleon

While I talked with Hunter, I noticed a few things that I would have to remember about them both.

One- They obviously have a hard past with the group they used to be in. Its effecting the girls sleep, which makes me think its more serious than at first glance.
Two- Hunter obviously has some very thinly veiled feelings for Keiko. Not quite sure how she feels about him.

I would have thought of more, but I heard a rapping at the door and a sudden voice saying, "Open up please. Sarla guard speaking."

I narrowed my eyes. What were they going to... "What is it," I called out in a voice that I made sound so sleep-ridden that Keiko and Hunter stared at me in surprise. "Hide the stuff," I hissed. "And yourselves if you've been caught before."

I turned back towards the door as they said, "Sir, we just need to have a quick inspection of your room. There's been a robbery, and-"

To buy them some more time to hide all the evidence, I said quickly, "I just got out of the shower. Can I get dressed before I open up?"

"Make it quick."

I turned to Hunter and hissed, "Is everything hidden?" he nodded once.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

57 Reviews

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Keiko:

I pulled my hair up under my beanie, and Hunter pulled on his jacket. With a gasp, I took off my necklace and stuffed it in my pocket. I nodded to Hunter, who scurried into the kitchen. I lounged on the couch and stared at the fire. All our haul had been safely stowed in a compartment under Tal's bed.

I faced away from the door, trying not to panic. My thoughts basically consisted of many, many swears and the word 'guard' repeating over and over, very quickly. I shot Tal a thumbs up and sank deeper into the cushions. My knuckles were going white, and my eyes were flickering nearly every five seconds to the kitchen entry. If that boy gets caught... I shoved away the thought. Tal opened the door.

The guard swept over the room, while none of us breathed. He walked into the kitchen, at which point I sprang up and half-ran after him. Too late. He had already seen Hunter.

"Do I know you, son?"

Hunter managed to calm his voice (I always knew when it was about to go squeaky) and said casually, "Don't think so, sir."

"Huh. Weird." the guard said before turning out of the kitchen. I wanted to melt with relief. He walked back out to the living room.

"Well, looks like you're clear. Have a good day, son- and young lady- and if you see anything suspicious, report it immediately." he said, and left. I ran to Hunter and hugged him within inches of his life.

"Don't you scare me like that!" I hissed, slapping his head as hard as I could.

"I'm glad I'm still here too, Twitch," he said, rolling his eyes. I promptly hugged Tal too- he saved our skins.

I returned my necklace to its place. As I twisted up to get another energy drink, a spot on my left hip screamed in pain. I dropped to the ground and laid a hand over that spot.

That bruised scrape.

The last place dear Daddy had beat me.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Random avatar

Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:07 pm

Taleon

I jerked my head to look towards Keiko. Hunter did the same, but he seemed to understand what it meant. I didn't. "Are you alright?" I asked her quickly. She was trying to hide the look of pain that had flashed through her eyes, and she was failing. Hunter was at her side in an instant.

"I'm fine," she said through gritted teeth. "I'm fine."

Hunter looked towards her worriedly. I had been right, he did care for her. Hm, it was interesting. How I could still remember Elle and yet when I saw how Hunter felt about her, I didn't feel any recognition at all. I could be wrong about Hunter but... I didn't think I was.

As usual I was on my own even when I wasn't on my own. I had a group now... but they had a connection that I had lost so many times.

Interesting how things go. I quickly switched my attention back to Keiko.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:16 pm
SisterItaly says...

DAVIS

I took claire into the woods, it would be safer in here with all the arrows flying. I made her walk beside me, my dang leg was acting up again. I hated this, getting older sucked, i looked over at Clare, so young, so beautiful, so stupid. She still had no clue of her past. She didn't know i killed her father, and now her sick mother is left defenseless. I frowned, it was his fault, her parents were blocking me from her. I heard people talking, just what we needed. I put my hand on my dagger, ready to draw at any second. I saw Clare tighten her grip around the loot. She had never been one for violence. I wondered if she had found out i was wanted for the murder of her father. I did my best to hide these things.

CLARE

Davis tensed up, and i mean more then usual, if his hand was any tighter around mine he'd crush it. I tightened my grip on the loot, i didn't want to get in trouble. Maybe it was a beggar. They could use the money more then i could. We came into the clearing, and there he was before us, the prince. Davis drew his dagger, i noticed the mute girl, and the other girl to. I pulled his hand down and he scolded me, shoving me off to the side. Not behind him, defenceless on my side. I had the dagger but i would never use it to hurt someone, the prince looked unimpressed. I curtsied slightly.
"Your majesty." Davis looked over at me, letting one hand drop off the dagger in desperation.
"Clare!"
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:29 pm

Keiko

Pain. Searing, knotting, bone-breaking pain. All right in that one baseball sized area. I clenched my fist. Realizing the consequences, I quickly reopened it. But I was too slow- Tal saw the bruise.

"What happened, Keik?" I glanced at Hunter with teary eyes. What do I do?!

"Tell him, Twitch." he said softly. I swallowed.

"My dad was... violent. This was the last thing he did to me... before I ran..." I was getting a little hazy.

"Twitch!" Hunter cried. He grabbed a half full can of some energy drink (names didn't matter, as long as they were effective) and poured it into my mouth.

My senses sharpened. "Right. Abusive Daddy. Well, that's why I don't sleep well. Nightmares." I finished. "Now, will you please help me up?"

Tal hauled me up and put me on the counter. He lifted the hem of my shirt. I bit my lip. He grunted, tossed me a bag of ice, and said, "Keep it over the shirt. Too cold plus too close equals more pain." He squeezed my hand briefly and started rummaging around in the pantry for breakfast. I strapped the ice bag on and looked at Hunter. He shrugged.

It was incredible how easily these silent conversations transpired.

After a few minutes, I called, "Tal? You 'right?", swinging my legs.

"Yeah," he answered, giving me and Hunter each a blueberry muffin. "Just thinking."

But there was something in his voice that made me think maybe it was a touchy subject.

I didn't ask, he didn't tell.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Random avatar

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:35 pm

Taleon

So an abusive dad... looked like we all had pasts here, huh? They seemed to know something was wrong, but I didn't elaborate. If they asked, I would... maybe. But I wasn't going to willingly volunteer information about my past. About a past I wished was still here. We sat there in silence.

"Tal, grab the jewels, you idiot!" Ral's sharp voice came from behind me.

"Shut up, Ral, what do you know?" Elle said, annoyed. "Just leave him be, alright? He knows what he's doing."

A crash of glass, and suddenly the guards were there. Ral-

I shook myself out of my thoughts. I didn't want to remember what had happened next.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:37 pm
eldEr says...

SHANAELA

Oh good lord, not these two again. I stumbled to Garrett's side, Raven following closely. All three beasts started growling at one. I tapped Shanti's back with my fingers and she quieted. I was vaguely aware of the other two scolding their own pets, I was too busy eyeing the daggar in Clare's hand.

"You have any reason to be carrying that daggar?" Raven asked, obviously noticing it too.

She blinked and shook her head quickly. "N-no..."

I eyed the bag in her hand, probably something she had stolen. Davis grabbed the daggar and I became immediately weary.

"What do you plan on doing with that?" Raven asked, glaring at him.

Davis eyed the prince quickly before throwing it--right at him. My eyes widened and I quickly grabbed Garrett's arm and tugged him to the ground, wincing. The knife landed just behind us, hardly making a sound as it hit the moss. I had my sword unsheathed and ready to use. Raven helped me to my feet and turned to Garrett. I glared at Davis, having a hard time believing what I had just seen.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:48 pm
SisterItaly says...

DAVIS

Crap! That was supposed to hit him! Stupid girl, i froze for a second. Clare shoved me, not hard but a shove.
"Davis what the heck! He never did anything to you!" She turned to run over and help them up but i grabbed her arm.
"Clare we have to go, run, now!" She looked between me and the other two, clearly unsure of what she should do. I pulled her to me and she slapped me away. I lost it, i didn't even think. I pushed her roughly,
"I said run wench!" She stumbled onto her feet and ran over to the prince. Helping him up, then the girl.
"I'm done listening to you! You claim you love me but you never do anything to prove it!" She stood between me and the prince, pointing her finger at me as she yelled.

CLARE

I walked over to the spot where my dagger landed and picked it up. I threw it at him, the end that didn't have the blade. I waved my arms, tears coming to my eyes.
"I'm done with you Davis bloome!" (random name) I turned and looked at the prince about to apoligise but he cut me off.
"Davis bloome?" heard davis swallow hard.

DAVIS

Did he know i was wanted for murder?
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:51 pm

Hunter

Tal closed his eyes and shuddered. Me and Keik (the only suitable nickname for her besides Twitch) exchanged looks and both transferred ourselves to his couch.

"Tal," Keik said softly. He opened his eyes. "Yes?"

"Are. You. Oh. Kay?" she said, shooting me a glance. Tal nodded.

"I'm good." he said, but his hoarse voice said otherwise. He lifted his head.

"Really, I'm fine guys. Just remembered something. C'mon, I have cards, let's play something,"

"How To Successfully And Adequately Injure A Man With The Ace Of Diamonds?" Keiko asked hopefully. Tal inched away from her.

"I was thinking more along the lines of War or Speed."

Well, one thing was good: Tal was learning how to deal with Keiko properly.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Random avatar

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:08 pm

>Ninja, when are we going to do the plot?<
Taleon

The whole day had passed by mostly uneventfully. The sun was setting and the whole room was silent. I would usually be ready for the escape sleep gave me, but being with other theives had brought back memories that I was worried would enter my dreams tonight. I felt a bit like Keiko....

...who had shared her past with me. And I was so cowardly I couldn't even tell them about Elle and Ral. I trusted them, yet I didn't say a word.

I could barely remember anything about their appearances. My last memory of Ral was when he had been killed by guards on a heist. My last memory of Elle was when I had seen her being taken away by the guards.

But I needed to live in the present, not the past.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

57 Reviews

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:33 pm

Keiko

Tal looked up from his lunch. I had spent a magnificent total of five minutes making us some sandwiches pb & j, like Tal and Hunter loved.

"Guys? Well, guy and girl?"

"Uh huh?" me and Hunter said at the same time.

"It's time you knew. C'mon."

Me and Hunter exchanged looks (there was a lot of that going on lately) and followed him. "Sit." he ordered, pointing at the bed. Hunter and I obeyed.

"Before I started living here, I had another group. Their names were Ral and.... Elle." He said her name like it was a dying man's chance at life.

"We were unstoppable. As good as you guys. Maybe better, but I won't push it. Well, Ral decided we could move up from just small bank robberies. He convinced us to try and go for the bigger jewelry shop further away. We planned for weeks. The night we went, it was all going so well. But then..." He choked up.

"The guards came. They.... took care of... Ral.... and then they took my Elle. I tried to get her back, I swear on my life, but they just wouldn't..." A tear slipped over his cheek. He didn't bother to wipe it away. "I didn't see her ever again after that. I know she's in the dungeons, but I can't... get to her."

"Dude," Hunter said in a low voice, looking at him with concerned eyes. Keiko squeezed his arm.

"We can get her back, Tal. Tonight. I know Sarla like I know my name, including the palace. I know how to get to the dungeons, and we all know how I am with locks. If she's still as good as you said she was-"

"She will be."

"-then we shouldn't have a problem." I finished my proposition.

"We can get my Elle back." he whispered. My Elle. How close had they been?

He looked up, with a determined grin on his face.

"Let's do it."
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Random avatar

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:46 pm
View Likes

>That had to be the best post I've ever read. Wo-ow, Ninja.<

Taleon

So we were going to finally get Elle back. Although I was trying and succeding at sounding optimistic, inside I was writhing with worry. What if she wasn't alright? What if she was- I wouldn't say that accursed word. She was absolutely fine, and no one would convince me otherwise. Right?

Eventually we reached the castle. Keiko knew a secret entrance- sometimes I wondered about that girl- and it seemed safe. But as I stared towards it and sucked in my breath, I wondered if this was going to work out.

It would, I told myself. And I stepped in.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

57 Reviews

Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:17 pm

Keiko

I led them down the corridors, trying my best to ignore the moans of the prisoners. When I was positive there weren't guards, we would softly call, "Elle? Answer us, Elle!"

We were nearly to the center of the labyrinthine dungeons when we finally got a reply. "T-tal?" a voice called, to my direct left. Tal ran to the cell like a dog to meat and gripped the bars.

"Elle! Keiko, do your thing." he said, tossing me my lock picking kit. I snatched it out of the air.

"Cover me," I whispered to Hunter. He nodded and stood in front of my back. I knelt and toyed with the lock. It was astonishingly simple for a prison lock. I had the door open in about four seconds. I dodged in and repeated the process with her cuffs.

"I'm Keiko. Your-er- well, Tal took us in. Me and Hunter, I mean." I explained as I opened the cuffs.

"Thank you," she breathed. I smiled and bowed.

"My pleasure, milady," I said, and led her out. She ran up to Tal and hugged him tighter than- oh,forget it. There are no similes to describe how tight she hugged. Let's say Tal's lucky to be alive and leave it at that.

We were almost back at the entrance when there was a shout of, "INTRUDERS!" Hunter swore under his breath just as we al bolted out the entrance. Elle stumbled a lot, and Tal eventually just picked her up.

We still had a small pack after us when we reached the hotel. Tal grabbed Hunter's wrist, and he grabbed mine, and our human chain whipped into the alley next to the hotel.

"Climb!" Tal hissed. Elle went first. Tal was right; she was just as good as she had been. He crawled up after her, and I slithered up after him. Hunter took up the rear and shut the hatch after us. We were in Tal's room the next second. After panting a bit, we started laughing. I leaned my head back and Hunter shook my shoulders. I looked at Tal.

"Now, tell me that wasn't more fun than a game of speed."
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

'The Answer to the Great Question... Of Life, the Universe and Everything... Is... Forty-two,' said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy