Dragon Riders

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:32 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Further down so yeah, you'd see her.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:35 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Alice (Yes, I'm evil. And sorry I haven't posted.):

I hiked up my boots. I wouldn't want them to fall off while I was flying. I was thankful that I wasn't wearing my dress today. My black pants and purple corset would work much better than any dress.

I climbed onto Ash and whispered "Lets go find Eighth, girl." Ash breathed heavily and flew into the air. I told her to slow down so we didn't go ahead of Natas. We flew next to each other. I knew he was royal and I wasn't supposed to but I didn't care and neither did he. We'd known each other since we were little, when my parents worked for his parents. Natas shouted over the wind "Where do you suppose she is?" I shrugged and yelled back "I know no more than you do. But the dragons should be able to find her."
Live, Love, Laugh

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:28 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Zara:

"Hey," someone called out, "is someone there?"

I looked away from Roshan and towards whoever it was calling out to me.

I saw a guy and a girl...with their dragons. Ah, hell. Other riders. I sighed and got up, kicking at some rocks close to the edge of the cliff.

Roshan, I called out to her and she sung back towards the cliff.

Yes, little one? she answered, circling round and landing behind me on the cliff.

"There are others," I told her. Roshan looked towards the two others and their dragons.

You wish to stay away? she asked and I sighed.

"No," I said sternly. "We'll talk to them." Roshan blew out a long stream of flames and turned so I could climb up onto her back. "Let's go closer."

Roshan launched herself off the cliff and leisurely flew closer, landing close to the boy.

"Hi," I said and climbed down off Roshan's back. "I'm Zara." I gestured to my dragon. "This is Roshan."

"Kallo," he said. "Avena is the lazy one... And that," he added, pointing to the girl and her dragon. "Is Aster and Rogue."

I nodded and smiled slightly. This is interesting, I told Roshan. She laughed.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:41 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Eighth

I slipped soundlessly through the corridors. I knew some of the Shadow riders would follow me, but they would not be quick enough. I quietly stabbed the two guards outside my father's door, and walked in. Nothing could stop me, no dragon could fly fast enough to reach me by now. I vaguely remembered this room- I had one played on its rug as a very little girl. I stepped over to the large canopied bed, where my father slept. He looked so old, so... fragile. Nothing like what a king should look like. I drew my knife. I wanted him to be awake when I killed him. I shook him, and his eyes fluttered open. The calm of sleep left them, and they filled with fear as he realized what was happening. But there was nothing he could do. His last word was "Eighth?" and then I sunk the dagger into his chest. I smiled as I watched the light leave his eyes, as his limbs went slack. There was no blood. It had been a clean kill. I pulled out my dagger, and wiped it carefully on the white sheets. Now it looked a bit more like a murder. I leaped out of my father's large window onto Phobos's waiting back. Our work here was done; my father was dead, my mother had been dead for years. Soon, they would have to come looking for an heir to the throne. And I, the only heir, would have to take it. A royal enemy one the throne... I chuckled to myself.
As Phobos began to fly away, He Breathed fear over the castle. Not a man, woman, child or beast would go without a nightmare tonight.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:55 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Alice: I urged Ash to go faster and she obeyed willingly. We arrived at Eighth's father's castle. The dragons had picked up her scent. I flung myself off of Ash and bolted. had a bad feeling. Outside of the king's rooms two guards lay dead "Oh no," I muttered. I heaved open the heavy door and my eyes locked onto blood on the sheets.

I tilted my head and stared at the kings wound. I licked my lips and stepped towards him. The want to kill overwhelmed me and my fingers became anxious. I opened and closed my hands repeatedly and stared. Someone came in and yelled "Murderer!" I jumped at him and he fell to the ground. I drew my knofe and slit his throat. My hands shook at the sight of the blood and I placed my hand over it.

My hand was now drenched in the man's blood. He looked at me with cold empty eyes.
Live, Love, Laugh

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:05 pm
Billy says...

Adaer

Lupria craned her head a little, as if straining herself towards the storm, and Adaer glanced back over his shoulder at her for a moment. Then, he looked back to Bree, grinning wildly. "I thought you'd never ask." He said, before pulling himself onto Lupria once again.

"We'll race you to it!" He called over to Bree. That would be a good challenge - Nuk was one of the fastest flyers of all the dragons at the academy. However, Lupria was no slouch herself, and could probably match him for speed if she spent less time doing tricks mid-flight.

Giving Bree and her dragon one last lopsided grin, Adaer gave a long whistle, and Lupria leapt straight upwards, through the canopy. After a quick loop, she spread her wings and began to fly towards the storm clouds.
He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt. - Yossarian, Catch-22

Wide-eyed stupid.

If you're gonna rule the world, you've gotta get up early! - Joel S. Dickens

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:09 pm
kidashka says...

Kallo

Okay. The laughing dragon was possibly the scariest thing I've ever seen. Ever. I was fully aware that dragons had huge big sharp teeth, and didn't need a full demonstration of this. I gave the dragon a wary look.
Then I realised I was being a wuss, and gathered myself. Although maybe if Avena, you know, actually did something once in a while, I would be a bit more used to dragons being all scary and dragon-like. Not just like a giant lazy blue cat.
Zara smirked at me. Damn. Guessed I hadn't hidden that flinch too well.
Aster suddenly piped up, having finished glaring at my falcon-eating dragon. "How about we go for a fly?" she asked.
I paused, shooting a concerned look at Avena. I wasn't sure if she'd actually be able to make it off the ground. But then, she had been pretty agile earlier...
"No, let's make it a race!" Aster corrected herself, giving both me and Zara a daring look. We shrugged simultaneously.
"Why not?" I replied, hoping that for once Avena's sense of competitiveness [if she even had one] would arise.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:13 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Zara:

I grinned and climbed back onto Roshan. "Up for a race?" I asked her.

She snorted and launched herself off the cliff. I started laughing as the wind blew my hair back.

"Catch up, you two!" I called back over my shoulder, grinning.

Roshan sped up a little, heading for the storm clouds brewing out over the sea.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:18 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Brystianne

"Come on Nuk!" Bree yelled, thrilled by the feeling of the wind in her hair. They were already behind.

"Faster," she insisted.

She could almost see Nuk rolling his eyes at her.

The dragon made two strokes with his thin long wings and folded them against his body, going faster and passing Lupria.

Adaer laughed as Bree lay her body flat against Nuk's thin frame.

"Come on Lupria!" He yelled as the other dragon soon caught up.

"Catch us if you can!" He muttered, flying faster.

"Nuk, let's go!" Bree laughed, as Lupria did a flip in mid air causing them to fall behind again. "We can beat them!"
Last edited by WhiteTiger93 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:33 pm
Dragonet says...

>gosh, you guys, I am sooooooooo sorry for taking so long. Usually I'm really good at getting my profile in early. I really haven't been feeling well. I'll try to get my dragon's profile in later today. Again, really sorry.<

I'll be a good guy
Name- Tay (well it's really Taysa, but she insists on Tay)

Age- 15

Gender- girl

Appearance- 5'5. She has really dark brown, molasses-colored hair that is usually tied up in a messy bun. Her blue eyes have specks of yellow, and are constantly sparkling with mischief. Her tan arms are slender and her shoulders show no muscles, but that doesn't mean that she isn't strong, her muscles just don't lump on her arms. She wears knee-high, leather boots. A brown skort (half skirt, half shorts) that is abover her knees. Her hooded, forest green shirt is short sleeved. Leather arm warmers cover her arms.

Personality- She is mischievous, not so much that she gets in trouble but she likes to push on the boundaries. She is daring. She is a tomboy, stuff like dirt and germs don't bother her. She is usually obedient and tries to help, but she hates it when someone commands her to do something without so much as a "please". She doesn't like to fight unless she's protecting something she cares about (then she just can't help herself) or if it's just a friendly competion (she likes showing her stuff) or it's the shadow warriors.

History- She lived in a family of four boys, therefore she is a rough-in-tough tomboy. Her mother thought it a disgrace that a girl should act in such a way, so on her ninth birthday she sent her daughter off to her aunt where she was to be taught to act properly. That night Tay ran away. On her journy she found a sick dragon, she cared for it and nursed it back to health. One day the pair were walking through a village and someone saw the dragon and the girl and he brought them to his cousin, who happened to be a dragon rider trainer.

Dragon type- Earth. She can kind of 'connect' with nature. She understands them. She understands their needs.

Connection with dragon-
She can mind speak with it. She can also kinda sense her feelings. Tay and the dragon are great friends.

Likes/Dislikes- Likes= Heights. Animals. Nature. Running. Showing off her stuff. Riding her dragon. Leather, she is obsessed with leather; she has leather boots, leather arm warmers, and a braided leather necklace. She also has strips of leather tied and braided in multiple, random places all over (it's not the sleek, black leather; it's the old fashioned, tan kind)
Dislikes= Arrogant people. Prissy, girly people. She's usually really good and kind with people but these people she can't stand.

Flaws/Good points- Good points= She's very good at climbing tree's. She's good with the sword. She's good with animals. She's good at hand-to-hand combat, though she can't punch at all, she's good at stuff like kicking and tackling.
Flaws= She's not book-smart. She can't punch for the life of her. Her mind gets side-tracked easily.

Habits- nothing for now, I'll put it in later

Other- She always has her sword on her hip, and a dagger in her boot.
Last edited by Dragonet on Mon May 10, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:25 pm
LovelessSummer says...

Natas-
I jumped off Shadow's back before he was even on the ground, bolting after Alice. I followed her down through the corridor intently, until something else caught my attention. I stopped abruptly and walked into the shadows.
" Eight," I sighed," I know it's you, come on out." She emerged from the shadows soundlessly, the knife still in her hand. I shook my head. " Why?" She scoffed at me and sat down.
" I had to do what I felt was right. Don't go soft on me, Natas, since when have you, of all people, been against murder." I rolled my eyes and proped a leg up on the wall behind me.
" That's not the point, Eight! We already have those kindom kissers on our tail, we don't need official guards after us too! We are, if you hadn't noticed, kind of low on members, don't you think?"
" We can take them, it's not like we aren't powerful enough! Who says they would be able to catch us anyway?" I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, offering the other one to help her off the ground.
" Just keep things on the down low from now on," I paused for a few seconds." It's the least you can do." I heard her snort sarcastically and brush off her pants.
" Whatever, I promise you nothing. Where are the others?" I walked down to where I saw Alice run off to.
" Alice went down this hallway to find you and Toser is outside keeping watch." She nodded and walked in silence. " Were setting off tonight."
" I know." I rolled my eyes and nodded. The king's room came into view and I quickly enetered.
" Alice," I said sternly," were leaving." I looked down at the body of a dead guard and quickly kicked it in a corner. Alice looked horrified as she wiped her hands on the bed sheets. " They'll be time for clean up later."
" Come on, princess," Eight said with a hint of boredom," wouldn't want to run into the other guards, would we?" With that Alice bolted out of the room, headed for the front doors, I quickly followed.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:44 pm
Dragonet says...

>Ok, so here's my dragons profile<

Name: Cilt'ti

Element:Earth

Appearance: Brown with smudges of black in random places. The black makes it look like she has been rolling in silt. Her yellow eyes are amazingly detailed. She, like her owner, is adorned in leather.

Personality: Mischievous. Doesn't think before she acts. Loves playing with other dragons, even though she's middle aged she still acts like a dragon-babe.
Other: nothing much.
Last edited by Dragonet on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

351 Reviews

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:02 am
ToritheMonster says...

(You guys, as there isn't a DT, I just gotta get something straight. Okay, I just killed my father. I was not in the same kingdom as the one w/ Alice's father.It was in a neighboring kingdom, I should have made that clear. I am planning to take over and turn the kingdom against the other. The Shadow riders would be happy, not upset. I also flew off and would not still be there... but whatever. Also, who is in charge of the Shadows? Themselves? I always thought the Ghost Dragons were, but I could be completely wrong. For now, who's in charge? And Alice is not upset, it's not her dad.Since ghost dragons are royal enemies, I figured there needed to be a kingdom that was an enemy kingdom... I don't know.)

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:07 am
ScarlettFire says...

((I...kind of got that it was a different kingdom, Dreamy and I was wondering why your character was noticed when she flew off... Like before they got there... And Alice just killed someone...she's freaking out b/c of the blood, not the fact that the king is her father...when fictionfanatic states that it isn't....))

351 Reviews

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:10 am
ToritheMonster says...

(Oh, sorry.I only skimmed the previous ones. And yeah, apparently character presence confusion happens all the time in SBs, so I just go with it. Let's imagine that there was a time warp and I miraculously came back. And my dragon stayed outside.((can someone please make a DT????))

There is no quiet. There is only Doc McStuffins.
— Ron Swanson