z

Young Writers Society

Hiding

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:17 am
Howler says...

Jack

These kids...they were WAY stronger than I had expected. They were mutated science experiments, but they were still only kids...how was I supposed to know? It was a tough fight and drive, and I ended up with no success. Not an experiment in my possesion. I was just bloody in my car, crashed into a tree in the forest.

I thought it would be easier to control the fighting they made, but it looked like I'd have to do my own fighting. But first, I needed some medical attention. I quickly wrapped a bunch of me in bandages. The SUV was totalled, but thank god for seat belts. Before I left the area, I grabbed the Gravedigger tasers.

Why were they called this? They were unique. Some of the most powerful and untracable tasers, invented by a serial killer named "The Gravedigger", who knocked people unconcious with the taser and then burried them underground, giving away the location only if they paid the ransom. I was lucky to get those tasers. I also grabbed some GPS chips, with a type of branding gun to inject them with.

I walked off from the SUV and started walking back towards the school. I started mapping out in my mind where I could sneak around from. I was quick on my feet and pretty light, so I could easily go undetected. I wasn't going to kill anybody, but I was going to get a tag on each of those kids. I couldn't kill them or capture them single handedly, but if we had them on a map, we could get as much military as we needed. They wouldn't be able to handle more than 5 guys, I bet.

They've won once, but I wasn't going to let them do it again.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:42 am
kidashka says...

Kaya

I frowned as Zane and Alex set off once again, and saw Kiera poised as if ready to speed off once more. "Oh no you don't," I grumbled, holding onto her. "This time... take me with you...?"
A dubious expression appeared on her face. "...I guess I could carry you."
I grinned smugly, then looked behind, the grin sliding off my face. The car was gone. How were we-
Oh yeah.
"How are we going to find them...?" Kiera asked, apparently on the same train of thought as me.
Woah. Strange images of actual trains. Nonono. Back to current situation.
I smiled at her knowingly. "Why, I'm your own personal GPS. I searched his number plate and we can follow that car wherever. " I paused. "I guess you can't sense it, so you'll have to follow my directions..."
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

Reviews: 2
Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:16 pm
KinetaAlettaThyra says...

~*Silver*~

"Huh...? Five more minutes guys," I weakly said, rolling over. Unfortunetly, I rolled over on to a spicky twig. "ow" I said sitting up and throwing the twig away. Twig? Then I remembered, I was not at the bording school. I was in an unkown forest in an uknown area. I have to get out of here. The stupid govenment agent might come back for me. Maybe with back up. Thank goodness they can't find me here. They want to kill me and the others, and I can't let that happen. I stood up. I have to cover alot of ground today. i sighed and started my journey to who knows where.
Curiosity killed the cat,
But Satisfaction brought it back! :D
If that never happened,
How do you think I'm still here? ;)

Everyone has a right to be Stupid
but that doesn't mean you should abuse the privilege!

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:20 pm
LovelessSummer says...

Zane-
" Are we close," Alex asked nervosly. I was following Silver's scent.
" Close enough," I grumbled. I took a sharp left around a tree and grimaced when Alex's nails tore into the skin of my stomach. " Could your grip be any tighter?" He laughed nervosly.
" Sorry." The strong scent of blood hit my nose. Silver's blood.
" She's down there," I said happily. " Hold on, were making an air dive." Instantly the hands around my waist gripped tighter as I raised up higher in the air.
" Okay. You ready."
" Sure," his voice was shaky.
" Okay! Going down!" I flipped so my head was directly aimed for the ground, and flew towards the ground top speed. The wind whipped my hair across my face and I laughed.
" Slow down," Alex's feeble voice pleaded. I laughed and sped up a notch or two. The ground came into sight and I quickly flipped right side up, landing softly on my feet.
" Okay, ride's over." Alex's shaking body was still plastered to my back. " Come on, it wasn't that bad." I shook my back and stiffled a laugh when I heard his body drop to the ground.
" I h-hate y-y-you," he studdered. I ruffled my wings and folded them neatly against my back.
" You said you were ready." He brushed off his clothes and stood up.
" If I knew you were going to try and kill me-"
" Complain later," I groaned," but now we have to find Silver." I sniffed the air. " She's this way, come on."
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:59 pm

~*Silver*~

"I now officially hate nature" I said, walking into a clearing with twigs in my tangled hair, Mud splattered on my jeans, and holes in my shirt. And my cuts were not looking to good either. One or two big cuts were still super slowly bleeding a bit. I walked through the clearing. In the center, I decided to open my wings a tad, just to cool them off. I opened them a bit, but then retracted them immediately, pain searing my back. The government guy must have bruised them or something. I silently cursed all government people and continued. I wondered when some one would find me.
After a while, I heard rushing water. A river! Hope bloomed inside of me. I was starving, thirsty, and filthy. I could get a drink and maybe there would be some berry's or something growing by it. And i could take a bath and clean my wounds. What a stroke of luck!
I swam around in the lake the river ran into, with my clothes on. For the fun of it, I spread out my wings. For some reason, It didn't hurt like it did before. It actually felt really good. So did the rest of my body. I swam around under the water, my wings spread out to almost full extent, enjoying the feeling of the water against my wings, rushing between the feathers. After a bit, I went up for air. As soon as I hit the surface, my body started aching again, hurting not as bad as before, but still bad.
I got out of the lake and shook off. I winced a bit, but it was bearable. I sat be the lake. This place was well hidden, and I could see all around it. I don't need to continue any time soon. I need to rest a bit...
If that never happened,

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:52 pm
Todaiking says...

Alex-
I hear running water as we land. Looking around a bit I see know signs of anyone only the signs of running water.
I say aloud "Hey Zane it might be better if we all split up cause I can't work well with guys."
Before Zane can respond im off by myself running toward the biggest tree I can find. When I reach the tree then I place my palm on it, I feel the energy radiating off of it.
I then softly say "Where is Anne?"
I feel a vibration from it as if in response and I run off in the direction of the running water hoping that she is safe.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:18 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Sable(Kiera):

I raced through the trees, following Kaya's directions.

"Left!" she called and I veered left. "It's just up ahead."

I put on a burst of spend then skidded to a halt. I smelt something....someone who wasn't an experiment. They smelled familiar.... Vaguely familiar.

I tipped Kaya off me and turned back into a human. She stared at me.

"Run," I whispered. "Hide. I smell something and it's not one of us."

She nodded and took off into the trees. I heard her climbing a tree on the edge of the clearing. I turned back into a panther just before a man stepped into the clearing. I could smell Anne on him....and blood.

I growled and he just stared at me. Who the hell was this guy?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

143 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:34 pm
LovelessSummer says...

Zane-((changes))
Alex took off into the woods suddenly.
" O...kay," I mumbled. I guess it would be best if we split up. I sniffed the air and sent out a sonar scream in all four directions. I got a bunch of rebounds. One from Alex-I knew where he was-, three from the west and one further down east-the direction Alex took off in-.
" Oi." I sucked in air through my nose, the scent of blood hit me strong. Anne's blood, if not a bit dulled by another's blood, coming from the west. Another scent, panther. That must be Kiera, and she must have Kaya with her. Sweet! They found Anne!
" Score one for the freaks," I pratically yelled while lifting myself into the air. I followed Anne's blood scent until I reached my destination.
" Hey guys-" A low, menacing growl cut off my sentence. Why would Kiera be growling at Anne? I sniffed again and a new, stronger smell clouded my senses. It smelled like my old guards. I lowered myself down cautiosly and sniffed again. Oh my... I settled myself into a tree and allowed myself a small gasp.
Kiera was crouching down low, poised in a pre-attack stance against one of them.
" Calm down, kitty," the man said, holding his hands up. Kiera growled louder and took a step forward. I lowered myself down and landed with a thud next to Kiera.
" She doesn't like to be called kitty," I growled. This man had Anne's blood on him. Kiera nudged my leg and I quickly smiled at her.
" Who are you," I snapped. " And why are you wearing my friend's blood?"
Last edited by LovelessSummer on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:38 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

((It's his blood too...))

143 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:48 pm
LovelessSummer says...

((Hai, then changes must be made. Give me a second.))

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:51 pm
ScarlettFire says...

((It's fine. I was just saying that it's Jack , who is injured...and bleeding...))

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:55 pm

~*Silver*~

Silver just watched the lake, enjoying the serenity. I should come here more often. Maybe tell the others about this place too! She thought, smiling, Thinking about how everyone could relax here. She sighed contently. She laid back for what might have been a nap, until she heard something. She immediately straitened up, adrenaline pouring into every inch of her body. She did a scan of the area, then after seeing no immediate threat, she closed her eyes and consentrated on the sound. It was foot-steps, for sure, but whos?What if it's the evil man again? She felt fear at first but then pure rage. She heard the footsteps get closer. She had to hide. She looked at the trees. up there? No, the person might see me. She looked at the sky. There? No, he probebly has his gun again. Then her eyes fell on the lake. She thought about how good she felt there. There. She quickly shot towards the water, and dived. After going down low enough so she can't be seen from the surface, she turned and looked up. She saw the figure of a person, looking around. She saw no clear details, but she couldn't take the chance. She spread out her wings at full extent under the water, ready to fight her way out if she had to. She surged up ward, moving unbelivably fast in the water. She shot upward like a rocket, breaking through the surface. She landed close to the figure and tackled him. What the? This isn't the evil man! She lossened her grip a bit, but still held on to this guy she didn't know, in fear that he might be working with the evil man. He looked at her in confusion and hints of fear. "Who are you? and why are you here?" She asked, still snarling a bit, daring this other teen to try and fight her. She can't take any chances.
Last edited by KinetaAlettaThyra on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If that never happened,

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:05 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Sable(Kiera):

I growled again and shifted back to human, still dressed in my jeans and t-shirt.

"Who the hell are you?" I snapped. The man looked surprised. "And he's right. I absolutely loath being called 'kitty'."

Zane took a step closer to me. "He has a gun," he muttered.

Oh crap. Guns. I hated those. I nodded and didn't dare take my eyes off the stranger.

"So," I said, too low for the human to hear. "What do we do about it?"

Zane shrugged and we both fell silent, waiting for the man to reply.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:31 pm
Howler says...

Jack

What else could I do? They probably were going to kill me anyways, so I figured I'd fess up. Die an honest man, and such.

"Name's Jack", I told them, "and I'm looking for you guys. You're government property, you know"

The experiments all cursed to themselves. They knew they'd been found, and they weren't too happy about it. I wouldn't expect anything less.

"So you just expect us to come with you peacefully to take us back to that torture area?", one of them asked.

"If you'd rather, you could all be killed. There's a SWAT team on their way right now, and you're wanted dead or alive". I had no contact with the government, I was completely bluffing. They bought it, from the looks of it. I had to get the hell out of the woods, or else I'd be dead soon. I came up with probably one fight move that could get me through.

I pulled out the Gravedigger Tasers and zapped the boy and the girl who hadn't spoken yet. The panther girl changed into an animal again and took a lunge for me, while I kicked her in the face as she got close. The people I zapped were unconcious, and the panther girl was in extreme pain. She turned back into a human, and her face was covered in blood.

I pulled out the tracking tag gun and tagged the boy and the girl that I zapped. I cleaned off the tasers and just about fired at the panther girl. But then the girl wiped some of the blood off of her face, and I looked at her. My wife's eyes, my hair colour...I was a little afraid to say it, but I think...I think it was her. I think I just found my daughter.

I had a DNA kit in the SUV, which I didn't think I'd need. I was a bit wrong. I could do a full check if I brought her along with me back to the wreckage. I had to, I felt so sure about it somehow. I was a man who relied on his gut far more than you think. I zapped her with the taser (for safety sake. I'm pretty sure anybody here would resist being carried away by someone like me) and threw her unconcious body over my shoulder. We started backtracking to the SUV.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:48 pm
ScarlettFire says...

((There's just three of us. Kiera, Kaya (who is up a tree) and Zane. The others are either still back at the school or somewhere else in the forest. Oh, and her eyes are green-gold like a cats...*shrugs*))

Sable(Kiera):

The guys name was Jack... Interesting... And the government were looking for us? Ah, crap... I turned back into a panther and growled at him when pulled out the tasers.

I lunged and he kicked me in the face. I backed off and returned to my human form, glaring at him as I wiped the blood off my face. His eyes widened for a few seconds and he looked shocked. What the hell?

I hesitated. He was aiming what looked like a gun at me. I realised that he had hesitated too and growled, scrambling backwards to try and get away from him but it was too late--he turned one of the tasers on me and then everything went black.

The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.
— Patrick Star