z

Young Writers Society

New Humanity

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:51 pm
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

Stephanie smiled, but it was only a face. Inside she was turning like a stormy sea. She stared at Ame as she edited her novel. It seemed that every few seconds she made a mark on the manuscript. Stephanie trembled. Had she truly made that many mistakes?

Ame looked up and smiled, as if suspecting that Stephanie was thinking about her

Stephanie did not return it. She had a feeling it was only a mockful gesture.
Last edited by AspiringAuthorA..M. on Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

182 Reviews

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:16 pm

*My gosh people, post. I don't like having storybooks die* :(
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:49 am
Knurla says...

Amy thought for a moment, not thinking the question would be turned back around for her to answer.

"Well..." She turned to Rena, "It's up to you guys... But I sure could use something to eat." Amy shrugged, just trying to offer a solution to their temporary stand-still.

"Well, sounds good to me!" Rena piped up, before anyone else could speak. She was getting pretty good at it. It didn't really bother Amy too much, because it meant that she didn't have to talk so much.
Formerly known as AmberAngst

182 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:17 am

As Stephanie slept she twitched as night terrors tortured her.

A corpse was running toward her. Intestines clung to it's side. It's head was eyeless, it's feet bare. Two of the toes on it's right foot were missing, bare bone stuck out.

Stephanie ran as fats as she could. But she was soon surrounded by the running corpses. She froze, gazing around her as the rotting beings closed in on her. She closed her eyes. She screamed when a cold wet hand wrapped itself around the nape of her neck.

She awoke with a blood curdling shriek.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:18 am
Light_Devil! says...

BY THE WAY THIS HAPPENS TO EVERYONE

---

Eveything went black.

Black as coal, black as the night sky without the luminousity of the stars and moon, black as ebony, black as the eyes of the damned. Black.

Everything went black.

As everyone flicked open their eyes they turned to see their opposing teams. In the same place. At the same time.

But the question resting on everyone's lips, whether they be Deva or Harlot, was where were they and what was the time?

For when they looked around the were in the Southern Summer Continent, but something didn't feel right. And that's when it hit them. There were no other people. None at all.

Carus coughed, "So, Harlot's I imagine this is your fault?"

The horrid author screamed back, "NO! This is obviously your fault."

Ren voiced her question, "Where are we?"
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

182 Reviews

Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:38 am

Stephanie was still trembling fiercely from her nightmare. She looked around with shifty eyes. The Devas eyed her suspiciously. Stephanie scowled at them. Who do they thing they are?

Ame gave her a reluctant look.

Stephanie sighed. Ame didn't know what was happening either. Maybe I'm still dreaming. But the way that everyone was reacting to the situation implied that she was in fact awake.

She reached at her side and gasped. She did not have her pack with her. There was no manuscript, nor shotgun. She trembled as the Devas stared her and the other Harlots down.

A tumbled weed rolled in between them.

*Sorry, I couldn't help incorporating a tumbleweed* :lol:

182 Reviews

Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:15 am

Once again, you people seem to have forgotten about this storybook. :(

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:20 am
Kaywiia says...

Ame

The tumbleweed was so uncalled for. It just made me want to shoot something. Wait, was this a dream. Who's dream was it? What was going on??

Then Ame woke up, clutching the edited version of Stephs book. Reading those books always gave her nightmares.

Edward walked slowily towards me, his eyes skimming the Volturi who waited to kill was.

"Bella, love. Do calm down." He said.

"I am not sure if I can." I responded.

I made a few spelling corrections. this was actually getting good. I finished the corrections and handed the draft to the just-woken Stephanie.

"It was actualy really good. And my nightmare wasn't so bad this time. But there was a tumbleweed. And I hate tumbleweed.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:27 am
Kaywiia says...

I will not be here for a while, I am going on vacation. I will be gone for five days.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

182 Reviews

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:31 pm

What's with the Twilight incorporation? Edward exploited in a shower of bone and marble hard chunks of gore.

Stephanie clamped a hand over her mouth. The tumble weed stopped mid tumble. The world itself seemed to have gone silent.

Thunder rumbled. Another storm was about top hit. Ever since the apocalypse storms where an almost daily occurrence. The two opposing sides went there separate ways. Once again, there battle was brought to a close by the Deva's deity.

182 Reviews

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:37 am

*Hello?* :(

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:44 am
CelticaNoir says...

"Where are we?" was the question that came tumbling out of Rena's mouth as soon as they had landed. But she knew in that moment where they were. The Southern Summer Continent. But why did it seem so wrong - so bare?

Then.

A tumbleweed.

Rena stared at it, blinking. Had she or had she not woken up properly? Why on earth was a tumbleweed flying about in the middle of what was probably going to become a battlefield? Why was there not a single person in vicinity?

The tumbleweed stopped rolling and disappeared in a flash of flames. The other Devas turned to her, surprised.

"Don't tell me you've finally lost it, Ren." Carus was the first to untangle his tongue. But Rena didn't look at him, merely at the place where the tumbleweed had last stood.

"We've been set up."

Opposite her, a certain brown-haired Harlot smiled, caressing a small squirrel on her shoulder. This was going to be fun.

Very fun.
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:12 am
Light_Devil! says...

Carus

Carus looked at the Harlots, hate burning in his eyes, "Did you do this?"

"Yeah right! Why the hell would we want to be stranded in the middle of the Southern Summer Continent, with the likes of you guys?" screamed one of the Harlots.

Carus looked to the others, a frown on his face, "Then what the hell are we doing here?"

For once, both the Devas and Harlots were in the same position. There was nothing, there was no one. Except them. And they were together. It seemed like an impossible situation. Almost so unlikely that it had to be orchestrated.

The ticker counted down. Reality was prepping up to start its change.

Carus sighed, "So, no one knows what seems to be the problem?"

Everyone gave him a blank, flat stare, and he rolled his eyes, "I'll take that as a no. So, I'm putting this into the open air. Since neither of us, not Devas nor Harlots, had their hands in this, perhaps for once we could call a truce?"

Several of both groups laughed. Carus' eyes grew cold, "I know it'll be of advantage to work as a team. And this truce would only be for both of our convenience. Learn weakness, flaws, both sides can gain something. And all together we could figure out where the hell we are faster."

Some of them still didn't look convinced, Carus rubbed at his forehead in annoyance, "Think about it like this. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Sound good?"

He raised an eyebrow at them.
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

182 Reviews

Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:35 am

"I remember that line on the old video game Modern Warfare 2," Stephanie Myer said.

Carus shrugged. A lightning bolt struck in-between them.

Both sides gazed around nervously. Stephanie was by no means a gun expert, for the most research she ever did was look something up on wikepedia; but she knew that water was not good for fire arms. She hoped that the bag that held the shotgun would stop the rain from having any adverse effects on it. She and Carus had some settling to do. She smiled at him.

He stared back with cold eyes.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:42 am
CelticaNoir says...

(Sorry if I made this a bit long, I couldn't help it. :D)

Rena readied herself, no matter what Carus was saying. It was obvious that not many of the Harlots were convinced that they should work together - in any case, not Stephanie and not the quiet girl at the back, whoever she was. She seemed completely unmoved by Carus's words and simply stared at the Devas like they were her meal.

Frankly, it was unnerving.

And yes, Rena didn't know her name. It was hard to do so when your opponent barely uttered a word.

Rena stepped forwards, switching her stare from the brunette to Stephanie, who looked as stupid and rash as usual, in Rena's opinion. "Stephanie, you can't mean to start fighting now. We've been set up by someone - surely you can see that?"

Stephanie shrugged casually. "I'll take my chances. And anyways - Carus and I have a score to settle. Step out of the way, fire-doll."

"No, I won't. You're being irrational." Personally, Rena was itching to let an arrow loose at Stephanie. "If you see reason, maybe I will."

"I said step out of the way."

"I said I won't."

"I'll kill you if you don't."

"I'd like to see you try."

Carus cut into this monologue. "Ren, please step out of the way. You're making it worse."

It's was Rena's turn to snap at him. "Shut up, Carus. I'm handling things here."

"I can see you're going to be an excellent diplomat."

Rena just gave him a withering glare.
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

First you broke my moustache, now you break my heart.
— MaybeAndrew