z

Young Writers Society

Two Unlikely People

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:30 am
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Aiden laughed. He sat down beside her and stuffed his face. He was so hungry. He hadn't gone to a full day of school in a while. After lunch they headed to the rest of the classes. He acted the same way in all of the classes. After school he smiled at Sola.

"How'd I do Princess? Surprised bad boy also has a brain?"
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:32 am
TNCowgirl says...

Sola crossed her arms eyes narrowing. "Don't. Call. Me. Princess!" She growled. "And yes I was surprised." She turned and started towards the house.

"That it?" He asked.

"No, come on, your going to help at the barn. Maybe dad will see your not a complete loss." She replied with a smile back towards him.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

79 Reviews

Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:07 am

Aiden chuckled. "Whatever you say princess."

She slapped him on the cheek. He burst out laughing. Suddenly his cell went off. He answered it and stiffened when he heard his sister crying. He growled.

"Hold on. Go into the safe room and lock the door. I'll be right there." He looked at Sola desperate. "Do you have a car or horse I can borrow? Like now?"
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:29 am
TNCowgirl says...

"Come on." She said running to the garage and opening it. "Get in." She said pointing to the black mustang with blue racing stripes.

"You can't come." He growled.

"Get the hell in or your walking." She hissed. He looked at her surprised. "Get in." He got in and she jumped in without opening the door and started the engine tearing out of the garage and shifting into first gear tearing otu of the drive way. "Buckle up!" She yelled over the engine. He buckled up as she shifted into second and then third as she flew down teh back roads before spinning the car into his driveway and stopping.

***She likes fast things. :P She isn't totally innocent. :D ***
Want a Readers crit???

79 Reviews

Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:55 am

**Lol.**

Aiden looked over at Sola. "You're staying in the car when we get there, understood?"

"I'm coming with you."

"No your not! You don't know my dad!"

They pulled up then. He jumped out of the car and rushed in. His dad was cussing and looking for Amelia. He was raving drunk. Mark was always like this. Aiden was so mad. He headed to the safe old and knocked.

"Lia, it's me. Please open the door."
His sister sniffed and opened the door for him. He pulled her tightly into his arms. He saw the marks on her face and hissed. If he ever got the chance, he was going to kill his dad.

"Let's go."

Just as they were walking out, they met Mark in the hallway.

"Hey kids, where ya going?"

Aiden glared. "Somewhere safe."

Lia started whimpering and crying. Aiden hit him squarely in the jaw. Lia ran out the door towards the car. Aiden wasn't satisfied. He started to pound on his dad til Sola came in and dragged him off telling him enough. They all climbed in the car and Aiden held Lia.

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:32 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Sola spun the car around and sped back towards her house. She paid more mind to the speed limit this time though. When she pulled up in the garage she climbed out and looked over at Aiden, then his sister.

"Come on inside." She said motioning them out of the car and inside the house where Sola pulled down the first aid kit and started working on the younger girl's face.

"What happened, Chile?" A big African American woman with a rich southern accent asked walking over. She was their house keeper and Colt and Sola's 'Mammie' after there mom took off a long time ago.
Want a Readers crit???

79 Reviews

Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:01 pm

Aiden was so angry. He couldn't even look at his sister and her scared face. He couldn't believe he had left her alone. He couldn't believe he let this happen! He wanted to kick himself. He knew better. After all the years with dealing with his dad, he knew better than to let that happen.

He pounded his fist against the wall in frustration and Lia trembled. He sighed. "It's going to be okay, I promise."

She sniffed and just looked at him with big eyes. She was only 15 and had already learned about physical and sexual abuse. Aiden knew his father touched her. He just wouldn't admit it. Aiden knew that Mark had done things to her, but neither Lia or Mark ever spoke of it.

Aiden looked thankfully at Sola. He had no idea what he would have done without her help today.

The maid just kept starring. "Someone going to explain?" She demanded.

Aiden sighed. "My dad drinks a lot. When he's drunk...he gets mad. He never actually faces off with me. He knows he's too weak to beat me up. Time has taught him that. I wouldn't take it passively any longer. However, he's decided that my sister is a perfect target now when I'm not there. We have a safe room in my house that I take my sister to when he gets in his moods, but sometimes he finds a way in. Lately, I had actually been happy and let my guard down. He's decided that was the perfect time to beat up my sister." Aiden sighed. He faced Lia and addressed her. "We're not going back home, okay? We'll find an apartment just you and I. How about that? WOuld you like that?"

She smiled brightly and nodded. Aiden couldn't help but smile in return. He loved his sister so much. He just couldn't believe this had happened to her. He was used to this treatment. He had been getting it all his life, not only from his dad, but from gang members. His sister on the other hand, was so innocent. Or she used to be. He just couldn't believe he had let this happen to her! He vowed right then that his dad would never touch Lia again.

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:15 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"You can stay here." Sola said as she put the final touches on Lia's face. "We've got an apartment above the barn that no one uses, it'll need a little cleaning up, but it's nice."

"We...." Aiden started.

"Nope, you can help in the barn to pay for it. Otherwise stay in school and your good to go." She smiled at Lia. "Do you want to go riding? We've got a mare that is sweet as honey." Lia looked at her brother and Sola turned around her arms across her chest.

"I'm not asking. It's my day, remember?" She asked her arms crossed eyes firm. She wasn't going to let them move into any of the ratty apartments around town when they could stay here.

"What about your dad?" He asked. Mammie laughed,

"Chile can get her father to do anything she wants, all she has to do is push out that lower lip of her's. She never does unless she really wants something. You won't win. When Sola sets her mind to something, she does it. She's like her mother in that way." Mammie smiled. "Now, y'all will eat before you go riding." Mammie turned and walked to the kitchen pulling out bread and stuff.

***Mammie is more like a motherly sweet figure. :D ***
Want a Readers crit???

79 Reviews

Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:00 pm

Aiden smiled happily at Sola. "I don't know how to repay you! Thank you so much Sola!" He swung her around in his arms, her giggling the whole time. Then without thinking, he bent down and gently pushed his lips against hers. She felt like velvet beneath him. He loved the fell. Her lips were so sweet...so soft. He couldn't think. He just wanted to keep kissing this angel who rescued his sister.

He finally pulled away, a little shocked and surprised. Then it dawned on him what he had done. He felt like an idiot. "I'm so sorry." He started babbling. "I didn't mean to. I was just do happy...and Lia...And...and...I wasn't thinking. I'mso sorry!"

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:30 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Sola rolled her eyes and turned towards Lia. "Lets grab some food and get riding before your brother comes up with a million ways to babble." She smiled steering the girl towards the kitchen. She glanced back at Aiden and smiled. "Are you coming?"

"Y-ya." He said as he quickly caught up with them.

"Now, you know that didn't happen, if it did no matter how much I beg I won't be able to get dad to let y'all stay." She said locking eyes with him. He nodded and she smiled. "GOod."
Want a Readers crit???

79 Reviews

Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:42 pm

Aiden wondered what went through her mind as he kissed her. He shook his head and followed her out to the barn. Just when they were about to reach the barn, a squad car pulled up and out got her dad. The glair that he gave Aiden was harsh.

Aiden sighed and looked at Sola desperately. What now? What would he do? What would he say? He sighed heavily and held Lia tight against him. She cringed away from the man in front of her. She was scared of men. It came from her father. "Shhh, it's okay Lia."

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:17 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"Go on to the barn, ask Cy to get Besty out for Lia." She said pointing them towards the barn as she walked over to her dad.

"What is he doing here?" Her dad demanded.

"He's staying in the apartment above the barn with his sister." She replied like it was common knowledge.

"I didn't approve of this." Her father replied.

"You also didn't see the shape Lia was in after her father got ahold of her." She replied her hands on her hips. "I did, I was the one that cleaned her face off."

"How do you know it wasn't her brother?" He demanded.

"He was with me when she called him." She replied. "The deal is that they are going to help in the barn and will stay in school and they can stay. Think, dad, what will the town think if Aiden turns his act around while living here? You can influence him, long as your not yelling and bossing."

"Aiden better pull in good grades or I'll send them home." Her dad replied walking towards the house.

"They'll be eating with us too." She called after him. She saw him barely nod and she smiled as she ran towards the barn with a smile. "How do you like Betsy, Lia?" She asked.

"She's beautiful." Lia smiled.

"She's a sweet heart too. Don't be nervous about my dad. He's all bark and no bite." Skylar smiled. "He wouldn't hurt a girl if his life depended on it."
Want a Readers crit???

79 Reviews

Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:07 pm

Lia bit her lip and nodded. "Okay. Ride now?" She demanded, looking at the horsey.

Aiden chuckled. Lia was just way too cute. He loved her to death and didn't know what he'd do without her. She was his pride and joy. He spoiled her rotten too. He didn't treat her like his little sister. He treated her like his daughter. He loved her so much.

They all just had fun riding. Afterward, Sola showed them totheir new apartment. He couldn't stand it. He really loved this girl. Everything about her was driving him insane! He sighed and tried not to think about her. This was the best offer that they got. It had been a long time since something good came their way. He wasn't going to mess it up because he was madly in love with Sola.

"Thank you so much for this. It's really nice." He whispered behind her into her ear, his hands aching to hold onto her tightly, to show her how much he loved her. But he knew her dad would kill him and throw him out. So he resisted as much as he possibly could.

110 Reviews

Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:06 am
TNCowgirl says...

"It's a place to stay." SHe smiled looking back at him. "Dad says you have to keep your grades up or your out."

"That won't be hard." He smiled back at her.

"Good, then your set." She smiled as she ran a hand over her face as she yawned. "Dinner is at 6 sharp. Dad doesn't like it when anyone is late.
Want a Readers crit???

79 Reviews

Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:42 pm

He nodded and watched the way her hips swayed as she walked out of the room. He wondered if she had any feelings for him whatsoever. This girl was driving him crazy!!! But this apartment was the best thing that ever happened to them, and he was determined not to ruin it for them.

Aiden and Amelia headed down to dinner. They sat down. It was a bit awkward with her dad sitting there starring him down. He just tried to ignore it. Until he addressed Aiden.

"How was school?"

"Fine." Aiden shrugged.

"What did you learn?" Her dad pushed.

"Nothjng much." Then he lurched into a logical debate about the law and constitution and where the country was headed. He hid a smirk as he saw the shock on her dad's face. Now that was fun.

In short, Mrs. Pontellier was beginning to realize her position in the universe as a human being, and to recognize her relations as an individual to the world within and about her.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening