z

Young Writers Society

A Wolf's Howl

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:14 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

** :shock: Guess what happened today!! I kinda expected it, with him behaving as he was (holding my hand, putting his arm around me, and tickling my knees), but STILL!!!! My boyfriend kissed me after church today!! He walked me to my car, hugged me, and then KISSED me!!! :shock: **

Jay caught several glances, from Cole, Joel, and Mike especially. He shrugged at their puzzled or enthused expressions, and acted like he didn't care about their opinion.

Wait a minute. What? Since when did he not care about their thoughts and opinions?

He returned Joel's knowing stare with one of confusion and uncertainty. Maybe Joel could read the plead in it: tell me what's going on.

Joel nodded discreetly, and the two let it pass for now. They focused on the football game.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:35 pm
View Likes
C.J. Mustang says...

*he KISSED you?? Yay!!!! Ok, was it like a peck on the lips/cheek, or a full on Frencher? haha, sorry for being so nosy. :wink: *

ok, you post kind of confuses me. explain a little, please?
Sorry, I don't have any leeches on my speed dial.
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:16 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

***It was just a peck, but it was SO FREAKIN' CLOSE to my mouth! Wow! I thought he was going for my lips for a minute! lol I don't mind nosiness. I'm kinda nosy, too. lol

Uh, okay. Basically, Jay is confused about why he's acting so strange - being friendlier and more open than usual - and used facial expressions to ask Joel to explain what Impression is like. Okay? ***
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

38 Reviews

Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:22 am
C.J. Mustang says...

Julia tried concentrating on the football game on TV, but she was super aware of how close Jay was sitting next to her. She stiffened, self-concious of how she looked.

What the heck? I've never been self-concious of myself before! What the heck is this guy doing to me? I've never been attracted to someone like this before!

*ok, sorry. All I've got right now.*
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:23 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Jay felt her stiffen. He heard her little gasp of some form of shock. What was it? What had her upset? Was it him? Or...something else? Was it even safe to talk about?

He sighed, shaking his head. This was getting annoying. So many mixed emotions ran through him, making him think and then doubt himself. He needed to get away, to relax, to calm down, to think.

He met Joel's gaze again, nodded, and stood. "I'll be right back," he whispered to Julia as he went. Joel was right behind him.

164 Reviews

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:40 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Joel followed Jay to their "hideout" - a depression they had turned into a miniature fortress when they were younger, and sat across from him. He watched his fellow werewolf, studying his features closely.

"Joel, what's wrong with me? Why am I acting like this?" Jay finally spat out, not even hiding the uncertainty in his tone.

Joel shrugged. "It depends on what you mean. How are you acting?"

Jay thought for a moment. All the protectiveness, the contentment, the thrill of being near her...even the way her voice made him calm and gentle. He relayed all the mixed emotions to his friend, keeping no secrets. He told him of how he had been drawn to her that night at the races, how he had noticed her above anyone else in the hallways since he first saw her.

"What is going on, Joel?"

Joel was quiet, obviously mulling through all that he had heard. Jay waited, almost impatiently, and watched Joel's face for any give-aways. What would he say? What would he diagnos? Would it be good? Or would it be damning? Jay literally trembled in anxiety.

"Joel?"

"Sounds like what I went through with Lizzie. It's still too soon to tell, but I think you're Imprinting."

38 Reviews

Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:06 am
C.J. Mustang says...

**Sorry it took so long for me to post! I, uh, got grounded again.... :oops: ** :lol:

Jay sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Imprinting? Are you sure? But it's so soon."

Joel laughed, amused. "Yeah, that's what me and Lizzie thought at first. But then, well...I guess you can say we got used to it. Not to the wierd feeling we got whenever we were around each other, of course."

Jay cocked his head, his wolf senses kicking in. His nose twitched, smelling something. If he was in wolf-form, his tail would have been wagging furiously. Watching him, Jay couldn't help but give a huge dorky smile. "Looks like Julia's coming out to look for ya," he said.

Jay returned the grin. "Yeah, and she dragged Lizzie along with her," he replied.
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:39 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Jay and Joel were still smiling when Julia appeared, Lizzie by her side. The girls hesitated for a moment, watching the two curiously, before finally coming forward.

"Hey, guys," Lizzie's voice had a special growl; Jay saw her eyes light on Joel. Yep, they would disappear momentarily, probably heading out to Joel's place...

"Jay," Julia greeted him shyly. Jay's heart skipped a beat at the sound of his name. If he were a wolf, he would be licking her all over her pretty face. "Are you okay?"

Before he could respond, Joel clapped him on the shoulder, winked, and walked off. Even before they were out of sight, Lizzie slipped her arm through his and bounced along beside him.

Jay felt awkward now. Damn that Joel...leaving at such a dire moment! He swallowed, turning back to Julia. "I'm fine, thanks. And you?"

38 Reviews

Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:50 am
C.J. Mustang says...

Julia's eyes lit up with excitement. "I'm fine. I was just kind of worried, because, well, you looked kind of upset when you left..."

Jay was shocked as he stood before Julia. "Upset? No, I'm sorry, not upset; just...well, I've just got a bit on my plate right now, is all. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you worry like that."

Julia suddenly jumped, surprised by the hooting and hollering from inside of the house.

"Uh," Jay chuckled, wrapping an arm around Julia's shoulders. He blushed when she beamed up at him. "Um, do you wanna get out of here? You probably don't wanna stick around here; the pack gets kind of competitive when it comes to sports."

Julia's eyes lit up. "Sure!" she exclaimed.
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:48 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

**Update on my social life! I have TWO new best friends (since my OLD one has become a total bitch with a negative influence on me) AND my boyfriend FINALLY KISSED ME!!! TRUE kiss!!!! Wooh!!!!!! :lol: **

Jay smiled, keeping his arm around her as he walked with her. He led her around to the back of the house, where an old logging road was illuminated by the moon. It stretched on for a halfmile before turning and vanishing behind the forest. Jay knew it was safe. And it ran parallel to the freshwater spring's runoff, which was beautiful at night.

Once they got to it, he released Julia's shoulders and took hold of her hand. He liked the feel of her fingers entwined with his. He unconsciously stroked the back of her hand with his thumb.

"So...how are you doing?" Jay asked, voice sincere. "I mean, after last night?"

38 Reviews

Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:01 am
C.J. Mustang says...

Julia's chest tightened and she stiffened. Last night? She hadn't even thought about last night, not after she entered Jays bedroom that morning. She still wasn't sure what went on that night, really...

"Um," she croaked. "I really don't know. Maria talked about it with me but I don't think it's really clicked just yet."

Jay looked down at the ground in front of him and chewed on the inside of his cheek, thinking. "Hmm...I see."

They stayed silent for quite awhile, walkindown the dirt road. They walked towards the runoff and sat on a log next to it, watching the water flow under the whiteness of the full moon. They sat close to each other, Julia's arms wrapped around Jays waist, her cheek resting against his chest. He had his arm around her once again, this time with his lips resting on the top of her head.

Julia inhaled, completely entranced with Jay's scent filling her nose, even though it wasn't as keen as his. "Um, Jay? Can...can you show me again? Your, uh...wolf-form, I mean. Please?"
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:51 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Jay sighed, stroking her back softly. "If I could, I would. I'm not well enough to transform."

He felt her emotions, the sorrow and the uncertainty and the embarassment. Of what? All she said was, "Oh."

He pulled away from her, gently lifting her chin so that their gazes met. He stared at her for the longest time, just taking in her beauty. To others, she could pass for plain; to him, she was rare, special, perfect...

"Julia... I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I'm sorry if I...scared you or if I was mean to you."

38 Reviews

Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:06 am
C.J. Mustang says...

Julia smiled softly, lost in Jared's gaze. He made her heart melt completely, and her legs felt like jello; if she wasn't sitting down, she would have fallen over. "Oh, it's okay. I understand why you couldn't tell me before, and I understand why you were a little mean."

Jared suddenly frowned and stood, gripping his hair with both hands. "Grragh! That's just the thing! don't want to be mean to you! I don't want to make you cry, unless you crying is because your happy; I don't want to make you sad, or angry--!"

He turned back to Julia and got on his knees so his face was close to Julias'. He placed a hand on her thigh, and pet her hair with her other hand, putting her hair behind her ear. "All I want to do is to make you happy. Extremely happy. I don'tknow what this feeling is, Julia, but I know I love it so much that it hurts," Jay whispered.

Julia's breath caught in her throat, almost making her choke. She was very aware of his hand on her thigh, making in between her thighs ache. When Jay's sweet-smelling breathe hit her face, it did something to her that she couldn't explain.
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:49 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

***Getting explicit, are we? :lol:

GUESS WHAT! Well, I got to go on date #3 with my boyfriend David, and it totally rocked because Twilight rocks, and the relationship is great, and...we finally made out! Like totally! XD We've been together three months as of...yesterday!! WOOH! :lol: ***

Jay felt her tense, trembling, burning to the touch. What was going on? Had he done something wrong? Nonetheless...he liked it. He liked seeing her so frail, so vulnerable to him.

But he was also vulnerable to her. Those eyes, so clear and bright, read him like a book. He held no secrets from her, not that he could. Her presence tore down all his defenses, leaving him - mind, body, and life - bare and unprotected. Her trust of him made him feel safe, wanted, appreciated...loved, almost.

As he stared at her, a sudden sensation came over him. He swallowed. Hard. "Julia...c-can I kiss you?"
Last edited by AyumiGosu17 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

38 Reviews

Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:36 pm
C.J. Mustang says...

*you made out? Yay!! lol Good for you! I'm not trying to get too explicit lol*

Julia blushed, giggling. "You don't have to ask," she laughed. "Of course you can kiss me!"

Jay chuckled as Julia bent down a little, and he met her most of the way. Julia slid off the log as their lips met, and Jay wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her close to him. Julia wrapped her arms around his neck, trying to get as close to him as physically possible.
~Jacob Black

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
— Albus Dumbledore