z

Young Writers Society

In Search of One's Soul

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:09 pm
Knurla says...

Carly went over to her stove where a simmering pot of soup waited. She grabbed a bowl and filled it generously, taking it over to the injured one. She knelt beside the girl and spoke kindly to her.

"Here, eat this, it will help regain your strength, and you will recover faster." She handed it to the girl, and stood, then spoke to the others. "There is plenty for you all. Please, eat and rest." She smiled warmly; her light pale skin seemed to brighten when she smiled.

Jessie, her large black panther deamon, curled up beside her feet as she spoke to them.

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:57 pm
darchoco says...

Kyles nibbled on his cookie, his appetite all but gone as he felt the uncomortable eyes of the panther watching him and Seline.

you should speak the native girl. Seline whispered in his mind. while the others are busy.
Kyles nodded slightly, but almost made no move to get up. Seline nudged his legs, urging him to move. With a sigh, he stood as the conversation fell off topic, and slipped out behind the girl named Carly.

"May I speak with you a moment?" he whispered in his ear. She whirled around, slightly suprised.

"Excuse me?"

"Please." Kyles almost pleaded. "There is something important that I wish to speak to you about."
Carly nodded her head slowly, a perplexed look on her face. "Umm... okay."

Kyles pulled her off to the side, Seline and her panther following close behind.

"I have to know..." Kyles asked. "Why does everyone hate me and my white tiger deamon so much?"
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?
life is a puzzle. want to put it together with me?

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:26 am
TNCowgirl says...

(Really caught me off gaurd with no ideas. But Kyles left so I guess it will be put off for a later discussion)

Senna stroked Crest's feathers and he hummed with happiness. She watched Kyles and Carly step outside and talk. She had eaten, but not alot. She needed to think.

Whats wrong? Crest asked,

"I don't know." She mumbled, "I think I'm just tired."

Then get some rest. Crest said protectivly.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

84 Reviews

Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:52 am
Knurla says...

Carly smiled, shifting her eyes a little uneasily, and keeping her tone low."The people once believed that this land was ruled by a great and powerful chief," She grimaced, as if she didn't approve and wasn't sure of it, "they called him the 'Great Spirit Warrior'. Our ancestors supposedly saw him change into a great white tiger, and lived in fear of him to this day. Now, they throw hatred upon those with anything to do with those beautiful creatures."

She smiled to Seline, "I, unlike the villagers, believe the white tiger is a beautiful and graceful being. Protectors of their loved ones. I hope you do not judge me by their hateful accusations." Her smile turned into a sad frown as she waited for him to accept that she was nothing like them.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:58 am
sylverdawn says...

ok can I pls join in? I'll post my thing an' if I can't you don't have to thread it into the story.

name: Squall
daemon's name: Wind
daemon's form: Cheetah, albino meaning white fur, with the black spots, and amethyst eyes.
personality/appearance: short around 5,3 with chin length white gold hair, but with a long tail that goes down to her waist, and sun gold eyes shot through with saphire, tanned gold dusted skin. She's sarcastic and insults people alot, but when she does she usually doesn't mean it. A bit bossy and kind of a know it all, with a really hot temper when someone hurts her friends, but with a good heart and loyal, willing to die for her friends. She's also a bit naive. (note: extremely scarred past)

lifestyle: She's a thief for hire, the kind who lives by her own set of rules, she'll only steal for you if you've got a really good reason, like stealing back something that was stolen from you. She never stays in one place for long but part of that reason is because there's a price on her head, a big one.

---------------------------

A a little bit away from the house, the forest was oddly silent, in the lower branches of the tree tops, a girl sat her hand curled into the fur of her cheetah daemon. Wind kneaded the tree bark with sharp dagger like claws. He and Squall watched the house with the stares of unblinking predators.

"They are in there." Wind rasped his voice barely above a whisper, even though no one else could here him. "Why aren't we attacking?"

"I KNOW genius." Squall hissed back. "But two of their daemon's are large cats like you, and the humans aren't bad fighters either I bet. A good thief cultivates patience." She continued loftily.

"Patience? You're the most impatient person in the world." Disbelief was thick in his mind. What's the real reason you're waiting?" Wind asked even though he already knew the answer.

A ghost of a smile flickered over Squall's face. "Fine, we aren't striking because the girl is well guarded. And how do we know that Darci girl really knows where IT is?

Wind stood up stretching as he jumped down from the tree. His white fur blazing in the moonlight. "That gang won't stay in the city forever, if they get her, they'll kill her before we get our answers. It's now or never." His voice drifted as he faded into the shadows.

Rolling her eyes Squall jumped down from the tree slipping towards the house with Wind. Just before they got within hearing distance of the house she asked "And YOU called ME impatient?"

The cheetah gave a soft bark of laughter, before running forward and jumping onto the roof with a soft thump. Wind's voice called back to her as she moved forward, her hands filled with a pair of steel daggers. "Do as I say, not as I do."

110 Reviews

Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:48 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*YAY!!! Maybe it will live again*

Senna froze at the sound of something outside.

"We've got company." She said quietly. Kyles nodded and they quickly drew the windows closed tight leaving just the door to get through.

"Were you expecting anyone to visit?" Kyles asked Carly. She shook her head no.
Want a Readers crit???

66 Reviews

Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:04 am
sylverdawn says...

Wind had gotten in the house through an open window in the roof, now he crouched in the rafters ready to pounce the instant Squall made her move. He studied the daemons below keeping his attention on the tiger and panther. Both cats were larger and heavier then him. And he would bet that the weight difference was in solid muscle.

Outside of the house Squall halted just before jumping through a window. As the shutters were pulled closed, she faded into the shadows, nocking an arrow to her short bow she drew and sent it flying through the glass window. The entire frame went flying out with the glass, and Squall jumped in to the house moments later, blocking a knife as she tucked and rolled.

Wind leapt from the rafters onto the tiger's back digging his fangs and claws in he hung on as hard as he could. Which was difficult as the tiger twisted and turned, trying to shake him off her back. The panther made it even harder when he jumped into the fray, and in no time the cats were rolling around the room, crashing into furniture as they fought.

The cats soon forced the humans to the edge of the room which didn't stop Crest and Alison from jumping into the fray. Swearing Squall fought the much taller boy with her knives. As dozens of small cuts appeared on her from where Wind was getting cut.

"Stop." This came from the boy she was fighting, but the reason she stopped was because she felt pressure at her throat. Squall glanced at Wind out of the corner of her eye, and saw that the larger cats had him pinned, the tiger had her claws at his throat.

Rolling her eyes Squall dropped the daggers, telling Wind. "Told you so. Two big cats IS too much for you."

110 Reviews

Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:03 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Senna's side hurt from where the panter had caught Crest in the side. She stormed over to the girl and pulled her up by her throat. "What do you think your doing?" SHe demanded, Crest landed generly on her soilder and looked the girl over. Kyles had a scratch on his face from Seline's injuries too. The others looked ok, though a little shaken.

"Le...let me go." THe girl hissed, Senna loosened her grasp on the girl's neck so she could breath a little more.

"Why did you attack us?" She demanded, she had never seen this girl before. Her side started to burn even more and fatigue started to rack her body. She fought it and knew Crest was too.
Want a Readers crit???

22 Reviews

Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:36 pm
darchoco says...

*IM BACK!!!! :D *

Senna suddenly grabbed her side, and slowly stumbled backwards. "Oh..."
The groaned passed her lips in a pathetic whisper, the pain searing in her side. Kyles caught her quickly, laying her down carefully on the chair, only to turn back to the girl that had caused the bleeding cut on his face.

He practically trampled her as he approached her pinned body. He dropped to his knees, putting his hand only inches from her face. His palm began to glow crimson. Traces of fire began to lick the edges of his fingers. They curled together into a burning sphere, searing the girl's face and causing sweat to drip. Her daemon growled in discomfort as the heat hit him as well.

"What are you doing here? What have you done to Senna?"
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?

66 Reviews

Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:54 am
sylverdawn says...

"Which question you want me to answer first? Hers or yours?" She kept talking without waiting for an answer.

Putting her hand to the boys chest, she smiled at him. "Here's a few tips, since it's so obvious you're not very experienced in magic. "Lesson one is, don't give away your abilities to an enemy mage unless you're in a life or death situation, it's like telling your enemies how to beat you. Lesson two is 'Brute force cannot crush the wind'.

She pushed lightly on the much taller boys chest, while she gathered the air currents. And he went flying across the room.

Standing she leaned against the wall studying the other people in the room. "I have no interest in her, so why would I do anything to her?" Squall asked coldly, sarcastically she kept talking. "You ask me, she was hit with blood poison. You know, that really expensive stuff, that makes you rot from the inside out the moment you're cut."

"Though since it's so hard to come by, that would mean..." Squall frowned studying Senna.

"Either way, it's not something you'd use against people out of simple prejudice. Somebodys moving in the shadows and by the looks of it they want all of you dead now, not just that girl."

"Like who?" This came from the boy with the fox on his shoulder, he was watching her warily.

Squall let a feral grin curve her lips. As Wind sat up gingerly, and started cleaning his cuts, she reached into her pocket and showed the group the black-silver coin in her palm.

"I lose, I'll answer all your questions. And even throw in an antidote. But if I win, I get answers to some of my own questions."

Squall let her gaze sweep over the room, taking in people and daemons.

"So, wanna bet?"

22 Reviews

Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:04 am
darchoco says...

Kyles gritted his teeth. His hand wavered, threatening to show his real power.

Be careful. Seline warned. She is no ordinary person. The best thing to do is to take the bet.

Kyles's eyes stayed fixated on the girl. Finally, with no one speaking, he finally replied. "I will take the bet. However, I want to see the coin, and no magic is allowed to be used. Cheating is not tolerated. If You do, I won't hesitate to knock you out."

The girl smirked. "Stop being cocky. You don't want to do that. Your girl there is in trouble. But I guess i can agree to that."

110 Reviews

Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:45 am
TNCowgirl says...

Senna clutched her side trying to regain her breath. No way was she going to let blood posining stop her. She was about to protest to Kyles taking the bet but the pain just about made her pass out. Crest laid on her chest breathing hard. She looked up at the others and everything started to blur. She bit her lip. This couldnt' be good, this couldnt' be good at all.

(She isn't dead, that is all i have)
Want a Readers crit???

66 Reviews

Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:07 am
sylverdawn says...

Squall tossed the coin across the room to Kyles, before crouching down by her daemon, carefully she began running her hands over him. Checking to see if there were any serious injuries. Several of the cuts were deep and would need stitches, but the cheetah daemon was perfectly fine.

Kyles caught the coin as it came towards him. The moment he touched he felt the cold burn that marked the coin as a majical artifact. Turning it over he studied the silver markings etched into the black metal. The markings were in an ancient language that no mage had been able to read for centuries, they would tell what the coins purpose was, but since no one could read the markings it was touch and go when it came to majical artifacts.

"The coin is spelled. Isn't that using majic..."

The girl looked up and grinned at him through golden hair. Brushing the strands out of the way she told. "My name is Squall, and before you ask, no the coins ability is not that it will come up heads avery time you toss it. It is a key, to... something. And don't lose it, I went through a lot of trouble to steal that.
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

22 Reviews

Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:37 am
darchoco says...

Kyles could see no lie within her eyes. Unfortunately, with her being a thief, it wasn't much reassurance, but he had to go with it. He flicked the coin back to the girl.

"Fine. I call tails. Now flip, and hurry."

She snatched the coin out of the air. "Fine. Sound fair."

Quickly placing it on top of her thumb, she sent the coin spiraling into the air. It seemed to move in slow motion, taking ages just to clatter to the floor and roll to a stop.

84 Reviews

Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:33 pm
Knurla says...

She could feel a stinging pain in her right cheek, and something cold trickling down her face. She raised her hand to it, touching it gently, and it burned fiercely to the touch. She cringed away from her own hand, and realized that Jessie had gotten hurt during the small tangle. She ran over to Jessie, who was lounging casually on the floor with his head on his paws, and could see that he had two puncture wounds in his muzzle. Apparently, one of the other two had bitten him during the fight.

"Jessie! Are you OK?" It pained her to talk, but more to see him hurt. She clutched the fur on the nape of his neck, but not hard enough to hurt him.Yes. It hurts, but not enough to fret about. She hugged him gently, carefully avoiding both of their faces. She had totally forgotten about the thief.

“Hope” is the thing with feathers - That perches in the soul - And sings the tune without the words - And never stops - at all -
— Emily Dickinson