z

Young Writers Society

War of Zynar

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:46 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

Cree

I found myself walking around the camp. I had nothing else to do, so playing sentry for a little while would do me some good. I came around to the Head's tent and saw a Native female heading for the woods. I drew my blade and followed...

((All I've got, sorry.))
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:20 pm
Knurla says...

With a wicked grin, it was all she could do not to chuckle at the girl following her. Although, she kept quiet and played dumb. She kept her normal pace towards the forest, without stopping or turning around.

When she reached the tree line, she quickly transformed into her wolf stage and disappeared behind the nearby trees, watching the approaching Rogue. She would wait, and watch, to see how well these creatures were trained, and how they fought on survival instincts.

194 Reviews

Reviews: 194
Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:12 pm
greenjay says...

Mathias

I approached Quin and Tobias quickly, glancing around to make sure that the other one was no where about.

"Listen you two, I have a job for you," I said gruffly and they both nodded, wondering why they had been choosen. "I tried to talk to you at the mess hall, but that one interrupted. Is he around?"

"No sir."

"Good now listen. This is a spying mission, not an assassination. I don't want anyone hurt, and I don't want anyone to even think that you two are Rogues. I simply want information. I want you to find out where the guards are and when they switch guards. I want you to find out where certain people are when, and I want you to find as many ways as possible onto the palace roof. I will give you more details as soon as possible; probably by tomarrow. Don't speak a word of this to anyone!" I concluded and my eyes flashed, enphesizing this last point. They both nodded and I turned back towards my tent. I needed a good nights sleep.
the greenjay strikes again...

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:27 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

Cree

I hesitated before following the Native. Something was suspicious and I readied my dagger and entered the trees.

((Sorry, don't have much time to write...))
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:38 pm
Layleun says...

Quin and Tobias were getting suited up in their tent. Almost dawn and they still hadn't gotten totally ready yet. Quin drew her hair into a tight bun and put on higher peasant clothes. Next to her Tobias slipped into loose breeches and a rough wool poncho. Ina was rolled on her back on Quins cot.

Why must I stay behind? she whined lazily, swishing her tail from side to side, Tucker gets to go.

Tucker, who sat on Tobias's bed, erupted into a gurgling chatter.

Ina's emerald eyes narrowed as he rolled into a crouch, Try me, pipsqueak.

Tucker chattered again and bolted outside. Whitelight and Ayri nickered as the black squirrel ran past their feet and out of sight.

Quin shook her head as she smoothed out her plain dress. "Sometimes I think Tucker is Ina's child."

Tobias turned his head away to look out the tent flap, "What happened again? I don't speak cat."

Quin explained to Tobias what Ina said as the calico stretched and walked out of the tent with a quick farewell and good luck. When Quin and Tobias finished outside they worked silently on their concealed weapons, knives, short swords, needles, the whole shebang.

Quin finished and daintily lifted the tent flap with her white hand. The camp had started to stir, messengers ran down the camps streets and women flapped out laundry. Quin stretched and arched her back, this was going to be a long day. She opened one of her eyes, still stretching, and spotted a white parchment paper nailed to the horse post.

"God dammit, whose been messin' with my property agai..."

She bent down and detached the note. It stopped her cursing as she read:

Meet me at the gate with your horses and coin. I will evaluate your material for your mission.

H

Tobias gave Quin a look as he silently read over her shoulder. "Better get moving."

They quickly tacked their horses with simple speed saddles, two saddle bags and head reins. Tobias got on Whitelight and Quin on Ayri. The wove through the streets to the gate. Two men stood guard as they nodded and rode out into the forest.

Ayri and Whitelight drew their ears back and stopped. Quin squeezed Ayri lightly to urge her to move on. Tobias was about to get off when a knife flew past his nose and landed with a thud in the tree behind him.

"Found you." Head appeared out of the brush and strode up to Ayri. Her ears went up as she put her snout into his outstretched hand.

"Always listen to your horse. She can be smarter than you sometimes."

194 Reviews

Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:26 am
greenjay says...

Mathias

I smiled and stroked the horses nose. Then my face hardened and I looked at the two Rogues.

"I need you to get these things for me," I said as I handed them a parchment. "It is mostly finding out where the guards are and locating certain buildings and such. I have a place arranged for you to stay as well, seeing as it will take you a few days. Memorize this and when you make camp tonight, burn it."

They both nodded.

"Circle around and enter Xnrom from the east. It'll add on a good days worth of travel but it is something you must do...be careful."

Slowly I walked back into the forest, receding into the darkness.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:54 am
TNCowgirl says...

After speaking to Tas Alana walked out of the tent. She looked around and frowned, she was getting bored. She quietly walked towards teh gate and saw two Rouges leaving. The road out, talked to Head and dissappeared.

'I'm just doing what he said.' SHe told Tristian,

'And what is that?' He demanded,

'Staying close to him,' She laughed,

'How is Tas?'

'I think he might make a run for it, I'm not sure.'

'He might be killed for that,'

'I'm trying to ignore that.' She looked back where the three had been talking, the were gone. 'Snap, where did the Head go?'

'I don't know, I wasn't watching.' Tristian laughed at her. SHe leanded against the tree and let her feet dangle off the branch.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

84 Reviews

Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:54 pm
Knurla says...

She remained still in the shadows, Head now moving toward her. Getting to her feet now, she moved quietly toward him, circled around, and sneakily dashed beside him, brushing her tail against the side of his leg. The native girl stopped about five feet from him, just far enough for him to see her.

She let out a short howl, and clawed the ground playfully beneath her, taunting him.
It had been a while since she got to "play". When in her "wolf" form, she was more like a dog, taking after them in her personality, except when in battle; Then it was like blood lust. A mangy mutt, as some people liked to say.

194 Reviews

Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:57 pm
greenjay says...

Mathias

I charged towards the wolf and suddenly jumped, grabbing a branch above me. I launced myself quickly upward, and when I knew she couldn't see me, I took flight, changing into a black hawk. I did not know what she had been trying to do, but she bugged me. I returned to my tent and had lunch.

Soon I would tell the Rogues of the plan...then things would swing into high gear.

110 Reviews

Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:59 pm
TNCowgirl says...

**So is she still suppposed to be staying close to him, I'm lost**
Want a Readers crit???

194 Reviews

Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:07 am
greenjay says...

*As soon as the plan is anounced I can work that out. Go to head's tent though if you want. (Sorry he keeps flying off :P)*

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:16 am
TNCowgirl says...

**I'll just stick with your plan though I think I might have something to where you can choose how to play it out :P **

Alana

'If you want to know if you still have to follow him just ask him.' Trisitan said,

'But I don't think I should be asking him that,' She replied jumpign out of the tree. She walked back to the camp Tristian on her shoulder. She looked at the Head's tent and walked over to it. She stopped outside of it. 'I think I'll just leave it be, he can come find me if he really wants a tag along.' She told Tristian turning around.

'Alana, the best way to keep Tas alive is to keep on Head's good side.' Tristian said,

'Ya, I know but he hasnt' exactly been inforcing the punishment, if it is even that.'
Want a Readers crit???

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:00 pm
Layleun says...

Quin and Tobias rode swiftly towards the city. Whitelight and Ayri were trained speed horses and could cut about an hour or two off their travel east. Plus if they rode into the night they could also cut that out. Quin crouched over her Ayri as they thundered past a farmer and his sheep, leaving nothing but a cloud of dust and a slight breeze.

Tucker, who sat atop Tobias's crouched form, screeched loudly and scampered down Tobias's back to his saddle bag.Slowing to a stop Tobias looked around. Above them a falcon circled down Quin's outstretched glove. It landed and almost fell but regained itself. A small letter was attached to a harness around it's neck. Quin slid the letter out from under it and unfolded it.

I heard you and Toby are out on another adventure without me. The falcon's name is Jack. Be nice to him. He can hunt on his own but he'll come unless you send a letter back to me. I'll give it right to Head. Have fun.
Sirius

Tobias rode slowly forward. Quin tucked the paper into her bag and told Tobias what happened. He nodded, "We gotta go faster if we're gonna get there soon."

Quin nodded and set Jack loose after a few commands. She took the reins and clicked Ayri into motion. They would be at the gate by nightfall.

((I need time to speed up a bit if I want Quin and Toby to get to the city without saying they rode so fast it took them ten seconds XP. If you guys could have your meeting at dusk, that'd be nice. ^^))

84 Reviews

Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:21 pm
Knurla says...

Annoyed, she strode out of the forest after her little taunt with Head. Obviously, she had aggravated him, which was somewhat her goal. She didn't know what to do for now, so she took off to watch the rest of the Rogues.

( What am I supposed to do for now? )

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:11 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Tas sighed, he wished he could find a way out of here. Looking around he saw his gear on a table outside the door. A guard was walking back and forth. Thinking, he thought of a way out of here. "Excuse me, guard?"

"What?" The guard look annoyed like he didn't want to be there.

"Can I have my dinner now?"

The guard grabbed a tray off one of the tables and opened the door. Placing the food in front of him he looked at Tas, "Happy know?"

"Very," bringing his arms out he snapped the mans neck without warning. taking the man's knife he cut his bindings and grabbed his gear. If she hadn't given my arms some freedom this wouldn't have worked. Taking a clock he slipped into the night.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

You'd better wise up, Pony... you get tough like me and you don't get hurt. You look out for yourself and nothing can touch you, man.
— Dallas Winston, The Outsiders