z

Young Writers Society

The Magicians' Guild

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:32 pm
Maybe says...

Arakin led them to the High Lord's quarters and turned around.

"Come out, Sonaine." he commanded. The young magician obediently stepped out of the bushes. Arakin didn't bother addressing the girl as 'Lady'.

"Yes, Lord Arakin?" she asked.

"What were you doing in there? Spying?" he asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Oh no, i was only curious!" the girl protested.

"Well then you wouldn't mind returning to your quarters." he commented.

Sonaine bit her lip. "Can't i come?"

"No. This is between Lady Tamora, Lord Ferskos, and myself." Arakin said.

"Then why's he here!?" Soniane asked, pointing at Ryaka.

Arakin sighed. "Because he snuck out. He was the reason half the city wasn't destroyed."

"So? He's a novice!"

"Arakin, just let her come before she wakes the guild." Lady Tamora said.

Arakin turned angrily and went to the door. He opened it and said, "Fine, she comes, but anyone else that comes knocking will be sent back, no questions asked."

They entered the High Lord's quarters.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:49 pm
Rydia says...

Melody

We entered a large, spacious room that was occupied by some very ornate furniture. Towards the left of the room was a large, mahogany chair that was smothered in eeleborate carvings, jewels and gold paint.

'Why not paint the whole thing gold?' I wondered to myself. 'Or does he wants everyone to know that the base of the chair is mahogany rather than a weaker wood like oak?' By 'he' I meant the man who was seated upon this article. He was tall and perhaps not far past middle aged but his features were shadowed by the hood of his cloak that also hid his hair.

"High Lord Kanask," Lord Arakin greeted the magician, lowering his head slightly in respect. Lady Tamora and Lord Ferskos repeated these gestures. Ryaka though went one step further and bowed deeply after his greeting. Not knowing quite how I should act, I remained still and silent as I observed the man with a mixture of a long, in-bred hatred and facination. This was not just a magician, this was the magician. The High Lord himself.

"This is the girl?" High Lord Kanask asked.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

116 Reviews

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:01 pm
Maybe says...

"Yes. This is Melody." Arakin said, gesturing with a slender hand. The High Lord sat forward and examined the girl with glittering eyes. Finally he looked at Ryaka.

"You did good, novice."

*That's all i've got*
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:38 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

((I shall bring it back to life!!!))

Tamora

I could see Ry's chest swell with pride out of the corner of my eye.

"He was wise to contact me mentally, though most novices aren't allowed to use that technique to speak to Magicians that they aren't Apprenticed to." I said.

"Mentally?" High Lord Kanask asked. "I see. Usually we punish those who use that in the said manner, but due to the circumstances, I shall excuse it. You said he contacted you. Why is that?"

Ry swallowed dryly. "Lady Tamora was the only one I knew amongst the search party, High Lord." He said nervously.

"And what about the novice behind you?"

I turned to look at Sonaine.
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:11 pm
Rydia says...

Melody

Tamora turned to Sonaine and hesitated.

"She was merely interested in meeting the girl, High Lord, and we thought it best to let her. Melody needs people her age around her. She is a little... unstable," Tamora said this last word with a sharp, apologetic glance at me.

"Let me be the judge of that. Come here, child." I stared at him with wide eyes and then stumbled forward as Arakin pushed me from behind. I cast my eyes down and glared at the floor feeling an old hatred rise and with it a fierce strength and courage.

"I am no child," I replied in a clear, precise tone as I raised my eyes to meet his. "And I am no magician. I do not wish to learn your vile practise so show me how to remove this curse and I'll return home."
Writing Gooder

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:54 pm
Dynamo says...

Ryaka placed his hand on Melody's shoulder. "Melody, magic is not a curse. What we practice is a good thing. We only want to use it to help others."

She pushed his hand away and said, "That's a lie! You want to use it to hurt people! Maverhov told me all about you! How you killed innocent people for fun with your vile magic!"

"That guy is wrong, Melody! He hates us for his own personal reasons! We would never willingly hurt others unless our lives depended on it!" He turned to the High Lord. "Isn't that right?"
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

116 Reviews

Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:17 pm
Maybe says...

The High Lord looked Melody in the eye and nodded sharply. Arakin coughed and shuffled his feet a bit. What Ryaka said was not ENTIRELY true, but mostly. The magicians did not hurt people if they don't have to, true. But being a black robe meant inflicting fear and possible pain into those who disobey the laws. But he said nothing of this to Melody.

"See?" Ryaka persuaded. "We do not harm people, unless we absolutely have to. And that is very, very rare."

"What Ryaka said is true." piped up Sonaine. "We try our hardest to help people."

28 Reviews

Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:42 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

Tamora

I knew what Lord Arakin was thinking, but I said nothing. I watched as the Novices attempted to change Melody's ideas of us Magicians. She seemed reluctant to listen, but due to Ryaka's amazing ability to change anyone's mood, she began to giggle.

((All I've got right now...))

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:22 pm
Rydia says...

Melody

"Of course, if you don't join us, that might be reason enough to kill you..." Ryaka grinned mischeviously and I couldn't help but smile and giggle.

"And you think you'd be able to?" I asked.

"Perhaps now but not tomorrow," The High Lord mused. I raised my eyes to study him again and found his brow furrowed in concentration. "Instinct is a wonderful thing is it not and when you combine that with raw magic and a determination to survive..." Arakin coughed loudly and the High Lord blinked rapidly before turning his eyes to the older magicians.

"You may leave me now. Show the girl to a room and she shall make her decision tomorrow," The High Lord decided.
Writing Gooder

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:45 pm
Saphira says...

Sonaine turned to leave with the others as they led Melody out of the room.

'Sonaine i wish to speak with you'

Sonaine breathed deeply and turned to face the High Lord, bowing as she avoided his piercing eyes.

'Why were you so curious to meet the girl?' The High Lord asked his voice givning nothing of his mood away.

'I came from the slums and i was curious to how the girl reacted to the magicians'

He stayed quiet and looked at Sonaine. This time she kept her eyes on his face and tried to hold his gaze.

'Very well, that is all'

Sonaine bowed again and turned to leave, catching the look on his face. She walked out of the room and back to her room. One question was running through her mind. What was the High Lord thinking?
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

28 Reviews

Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:26 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

((What's going to happen next?))

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:28 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

I would write, but I have no idea what to do! Any ideas are welcome, and I'm sorry for my neglect!
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

116 Reviews

Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:03 pm
Maybe says...

I have no idea what to put next. Someone add a weird twist! Lol, i dont know. It's a storybok, do whatever you want!

28 Reviews

Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:06 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

((Maybe Maverhov can plan an attack on the Guild?))

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:40 pm
Rydia says...

That would be fun and then my character could be conflicted as to which side she should be on, having fought for Maverhov until recently.
Writing Gooder

how can i live laugh love in these conditions
— Orion42