z

Young Writers Society

The Opression

Reviews: 1
Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:20 am
Rasi says...

Galina had already heard this news, but knew that she could not reveal her plan until the time was right. She would be thought insane, told not to do it no one would believe in her. Who ever had anyways? " Flin, I need you to lead me to the axe. Trust me, and we have to leave now Errol will never go for this. He is coming now, so we must hurry."
I would rather you hate me, than love me.
If you never really know me.

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:38 am
Dark Lordess says...

(Sorry Jules. I took you out of it now. I misunderstood. :oops: )

It wasn't hard for Seyla to find the Dashuben camp. It was only several miles from the bloody battlefield were she'd heard they were slaughtering the elves. Soldiers were packed around fires, nursing their wounds and sulking about the sudden change in the battle.

A huge man with an mace was berating a soldier in the center of the camp. This was obviously their leader. Seyla recognized him immediately. Last time she had seen him he had been an aspiring young soldier, determined to make his way to the top. Seems he has, thought Seyla.

Seeming satisfied terrorizing the soldier, he stalked off to his separate campfire. Seyla followed, sticking as close to the shadows as possible.

"Hello Faj."

Faj sprang to his feet and grabbed his mace, "Who's there?"

"Sit down, you buffoon," Seyla snapped, "And put that thing away. It's me, Seyla."

It took a moment before Faj remembered her. "Seyla? Weren't you a captain a long time ago?"

"Yes... a very long time ago..."

"You coward!" Faj suddenly shouted, "You ran off before the raid on Withered Fields! Not that we ended up needing you anyways."

Seyla's glare was so icy it could have stopped a man's heart. Even Faj seemed to grow uncomfortable. "I may be many things, a liar, backstabber, murderer, thief, and a plunderer, but I am not a coward."

Faj grinned, "Well then, welcome back soldier."
Last edited by Dark Lordess on Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you have to ask me why I write, you would never understand...

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:22 am
Nutty says...

As Flin ran through the trees, he had called back to the following Galina. "You know, I could just get it meself."
Galina didn't reply, so Flin kept talking.
"Everyone knows what good a thief I am... And humans are never observant."
"Flin, hush."
"But..."
"I said hush."
Flin stopped. He fixed Galina with a piercing stare, All cheekiness gone.
"I know I'm small. I know I'm irresponsible. But that dosn't mean I have to be cast aside! I'm just as good as any of you!"
Galina gave a frustrated sigh.
"We don't have time for this." She beckoned for him to continue.
"You can salve your wounded pride later. You must trust me."
Flin gave her one last long look and continued through the dense foliage. He sighed and called back; "As long as you understand that."
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:05 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I'm having difficulty following the plot line.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:47 pm
Rasi says...

(( The plot line is hard to follow, But it will work itself out... I think ! ))

" Flin we arent stealing the axe, just disarming it. I was not trying to discard you, or wound your pride. But you must trust me."

Galina continued to follow Flin, hoping he knew where he was going.

Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:56 pm
Rasi says...

As Galina and Flin approached the edge of the camp, Galina sent Mareen ahead to survey the situation. " I need to get Beare alone Flin. Do you know anyway we can do that?" Without waiting for a response she said " Flin, go back to the village find Errol, tell him were I am and tell him to send an army, in a days time."

" You cant convince me to leave m'lady. Even if you could, Errol would kill me for returning without you."

Frustration pulsing from her Galina said " Flin leave now. Dont ask questions, dont argue. Just go, if you dont I will die in this camp."

Galina turned and dissapeared walking closer to the camp, hoping that Flin would obey.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:44 pm
Jules the jester says...

(Please darklordess. Please dont write my character into it. As i have myself written he is not at the camp and is not a soldier but a hired fighter. Anyway sorry for that.)

Beare cursed and stamped his feet. He was heading back towards the lines and the safety. Damned Elves had doubled patrols and an elite battalion had entred the area. Not one to back down from a challenge Beare had attempted to continue on. After Remik and the other one had died he had come to the decision to give up.

He had lost his shield somewhere and hoped to the Overlord that the elves didnt see it. For if they did Beare stood no chance of surviving. Night was closing in and Beare couldhear what he wanted. The sound of water running over rocks floated to him like a petal in a midsummer breeze.

Picking up pace Beare began running. Behind him came the sound of hooves. Swearing he continued on. Upon reaching the river Beare threw himself into the water and began swimming, screaming at the top of his voice. At the other side a patrol of mounted archers drew near.
"At the other side!" Beare screamed. He finally made it across the river. "Mounted elves. Kill them all." The captain pushed his horse forward. "Gove me your horse man. I shall pay for it." Beare threw a bag of silver at the man who quickly dismounted.

Mounting Beare quickly rode back to the main camp. It was in an uproar men ran about grabbing weapons and struggling into armour. Beare swore, it was too late.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:32 pm
Nutty says...

Flin was moving through the trees, moving at a steady trot.
"What am I gonna do? I left Galina alone. Galina. The king's going to eat me for breakfast."
He reached the edge of the forest and skirted around the village, searching for the gryphon.
"Psst."
Errol looked up, almost slopping water on himself.
"Errol..."
Flin crept out of the trees.
"What do you want? Hey, wasn't Galina with you? Where is she?"
Flin shuffled from one foot to the other.
"Well, about that..."
"Oh... You didn't leave her behind?! How could you?
Errol reared up onto his hind legs and flared his wings in anger.
"Let me explain! It's not my fault this time! She sent me to tell you to bring troops to her. She's..."
Flin explained the location, while Errol settled down onto all fours.
"Very well. You get back to her now, Or I'll be having a word with you."
Flin turned on his heel, and with a curse for all difficult royal members, disappeared into the forest.

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:07 pm
Dark Lordess says...

It was barely dawn when Seyla saw it. Galina’s hawk. The fool! What does Galina think she's doing here?! Seyla could have slapped her, the King's niece or not...

Unfortunately, the other soldiers found Galina first. They drug her up to Faj, bound and gagged, with a bloody lump on her forehead.

"Captain, we found her sneaking around the edge of camp. She's an elf."

"Well, well. What do we have here?" Faj growled. "Tie here in a tent.” He grinned menacingly, “We’ll have a little chat when she comes around.”

Seyla strode up to Faj. “Quite a catch you have there…”

“She might be worth something.” Faj was obviously put in a much better mood by this lucky chance.

“Something? So you don’t know who she is then?” Seyla sneered.

“And I suppose you do then?”

“Hmm… seems a little vague, but for the right price, I’m sure I could remember something.”

“Or you could tell me now if you prefer your head attached,” Faj said, playing with the handle of his mace.

Seyla, unconcerned, examined her fingernails. Deciding she wasn’t to be persuaded, Faj snapped, “Alright,” and tossed her a bag of gold, “Who is she?”

Seyla opened the bag and bit a piece. Soft – so it was real. Seyla knew why he had so easily given it up; it wasn’t his. Dashuben captains were infamous for shaking down their soldiers. He could easily “earn” it back.

Seyla was quiet for a minute, “She’s the King’s niece,” she said finally.

Seyla stared at the stars. This would be so simple – until tomorrow morning. She crept along the side of the tent. Faj was gone. Chasing after some elf scouts, but she knew he’d get them and be back soon. He always did, which is why she knew she had to hurry.

There was only one soldier guarding Galina. Seyla crept up behind him and silently slit his throat. Grabbing his knife, she slipped inside the tent.

Galina glared at her when she came in. Doubtless she knew it was Seyla that told Faj who she was. Seyla shrugged it off. He would have found out eventually anyways.

Seyla slit Galina’s bounds and tossed her the guard’s knife, “I can’t get you back your things but I think this will work. As soon as I’m gone slit the back of the tent and run.”

“The guard will hear.” She shot back.

“He won’t be hearing anything anymore.”

“You killed him? He was only a boy!”

“I did what was necessary. Anyways, it’s better than what would have happened to him when Faj finds out you’re gone. But I didn’t kill him. You managed to get free, steal his knife, kill him, and escape. I did nothing.”

Galina still glared at her. “Oh and one more thing,” added Seyla, “that man with the enchanted axe isn’t at the camp. They'd have no magic to protect them. You could attack it now and destroy it before they gather reinforcements.”

And with that, Seyla melted back into the shadows and was gone.
If you have to ask me why I write, you would never understand...

Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:07 pm
Rasi says...

ahh, Flin and everyone else. treat me like Im five why dont you.... and where is this Beare.... I will just have to wait for Flin, then we will find him.... but attacking the camp is the kings business, I must inform him... but I will not assist him. My work is with Beare, not the Dashuben.

Galina watched the skies and listened as she headed towards the village,
I hope the king has not heard of my ventures....

280 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:47 am
Nutty says...

Flin came to where he left Galina, and stopped. There, there and there. Scuffle marks. They had taken her!
Flin ran back to the village, mind blank in panic.
Flin dropped to the ground in a heap.
The one thing he had been trusted with. And he had failed. Now Galina had paid the price. He had ran. Again.
Flin curled into a ball and wept. By Halfling years, he was still young. He cried for Galina, now certainly dead, for his family, if not dead, wishing they were, and his second failure in his young life.
A hand rested on his shoulder.
Flin jumped, span around and drew his kukri all in one fluid movement.
"Where did you take her you filth- oh... Galina? how?"
Flin hastily wiped his face and tried to give her a grin.
"Gave them the slip, aye?"
Galina gave no indication she had seen Flin in his grieving state, and gave him a small half-smile.
"Come. We must go."

75 Reviews

Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:56 pm
Jules the jester says...

Beare had decided enough was enough. The attck at the bridge had been forced back and a superior elven force was on its way. He walked through the camp pushing men out of his way.

Spotting a yound man in black robes Beare ran after him. Ctaching up he spun the man around. "Beare you old dog." The young man's face was heavily scarred on the left side. He once had an eye but now it was gone, ripped out in some fericious battle in the past.

"I need your help Ark." The man sighed. "It wont get you killed."

"The last time you said that Beare i got stabbed twice and thrown in a river." Beare laughed loudly.

"I just need you to communicate with Him." Ark shook his head. "Fine then. I shall take my axe, which you knwo fine well is the only thing keeping the elven mages away from here. And go." The man swallowed hard.

"Fine. What do you want me to say?"

"Tell him to come here right now. Tell him his revenge may be at hand. Also a few battalions would be nice." Ark smiled and moved off.

Beare looked around at the small camp. This was only one of many platoon camps scattered within a few miles radius of the bridge. With hope the Sightless one will arrive in the next few hours. Beare spat and moved towards a tent. He stepped in. Three men were sat around a small crate, there was several empty bottles of beer about the place. On the crate was a stack of cards and the men were in teh middle of a game. One looked up at Beare.

"Who're you?" he asked. Beares foot lashed out and caught the man in the face. Another tried to rise but Beare's fist cracked against his and threw him into the canvas of the tent. The third man was speeachless, he just sat there staring.

"I need money!" The man quickly threw his pouch to Beare, Crouching Beare stripped the two men of their pouches. Grabbing a bottle of beer he left.

Beare stretched. He needed to blow off steam and beating some soldiers up is always a good way to relax. The beer was good and Beare sighed as he casually walked through the small tent town.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:48 am
Griffinkeeper says...

It was called "Golden Arrow."

It had taken a long time to organize the one hundred gryphons assigned to the task, but the results were nothing short of impressive.

Of 20 objectives, 17 were attacked successfully. Five convoys were annihilated, a few messengers were intercepted, and several senior officers were killed, including the general.

An attack on a royal caravan was thwarted by a valiant defense on the part of the royal guards, but several wagons were destroyed.

Among the messengers intercepted one was sent to ask for three battalions of reinforcements, two of which had no commanding officer.

A stalemate emerged. Both sides went into defensive positions, trying to figure out how to eliminate the advantage the other had.

Errol was circling the battlefield, searching for Galina. If they were to accomplish their mission, they would have to leave while the enemy wasn't so aggressive. The window was a short one and they'd have to leave quickly.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:24 am
Rasi says...

Galiina had led Flin to the edge of a battle field, the battle was not going well. " Why do you insist on trying to get yourself killed Galina?" Flin asked shifting from foot to foot.

" If you are so nervous go back to the village Flin. It will only get worse from here... Theres Errol." Galina stepped out of hiding only long enough to signal to Errol. " He's finally coming, Flin did you tell him to attack the Dashuben camp, as I asked??? "

75 Reviews

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:00 pm
Jules the jester says...

The sightless Ones fortress was nothing less than impressive. The forty mages who travelled with him had used their powerful magic to construct the building from thin air.

Beare stood on the left rampart beside him stood Ark, both held bottles of beer. "I didnt think you would be so foolish as to send a human messenger. Why didnt you send a shadow hunter?" Ark Stuttered and spat out his mouthful of beer.

"I dont know what you are talking about." Beare laughed and slapped the man on his back. If there was anyone in the world Beare was truely friends with it was Ark.

"I know all about the Shadow Realm and the beings you have Called back. I dont actually care about it." Ark smiled.

"You are smarter than you look, Beare." Beare spun, his hand flashed down to his axe. The Man who Beare had met not more than two weeks ago stood. The Sightless one. he had climbed up teh steps silently.

"Now tell me you ogre, How do i claim my revenge?" Beare threw his empty bottle over the edge of parapet.

"I know of a way that we can travel into the heart of the Elvenlands. But first i must deal with a problem." Beares hand lashed out and grabbed Ark by the throat.

"What are you doing, Beare?" Ark asked, with fear in his voice.

"I dont know how you could do this to us, Ark." Beare lifted him from his feet. "I know that you have been slipping information to a political opponent of His." Beare pointed at the Sightless one.

"Ah Beare, it seems you are doing what i have hired you too do." The sightless one smiled at Ark.

"I am ashamed in you, Ark. I was your friend and this will pain me to do what i am about to do." Beare simple threw him. The man sailed out for a few feet then began to fall down towards the hard earth. The sightless one slicked his fingers and Ark burst into flame. His screams echoed throughout the area.

"Now my lord we shall travel into the Elves land and Eliminate them once and for all!"

Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances.
— Maya Angelou