z

Young Writers Society

If I Had a Heart

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:18 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Morrick did blanch at that, and he shuffled closer to Ainsley. "I can help you avoid things," he said, addressing Ainsley. "I don't know where they've hidden the keys to Migh'nur's heart."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:46 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

Ainsley nodded. He was really going to have to get used to vocalizing instead of gestures when he interacted with Morrick. "Okay, that's great," he affirmed.

Morrick would be able to guide them through the caverns, thankfully. It almost felt like they had a fighting chance, and hopefully they would be able to make some progress with minimal bickering. (He wasn't so sure about that one, though.)

However, Morrick had just introduced a new factor to their quest: keys. This whole ordeal was obviously more complicated than Ainsley originally thought. "What do you mean, keys?"
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:00 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Mel watched as the group interacted with this Morrick man after Ainsley seemed to get him to agree to be their guide. Although Aumrauth seemed to make the name up on the spot, it was nice calling him by something other than "blind toothless hairy miner man."

She pursed her lips in thought when Morrick seemed to give clues about finding the heart.

"Who's Migh'nur?" she asked before he could answer Ainsley. "It's just a statue, right?"
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

saint carina, patron saint of rp
—SilverNight

115 Reviews

Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:37 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Morrick shook his head at that immediately and went completely silent. Elias gave Mel a look.
"I expect that is a question we would rather not know the answer to," he said coolly. "Perhaps we should focus on what he mentioned previously?"
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:06 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Mel stared at Elias with a protesting pout, but then dropped her gaze and sighed. "Well, I thought it was important," she mumbled mostly to herself, letting Ainsley take control of the conversation again.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

saint carina, patron saint of rp
—SilverNight

32 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:39 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

Ainsley glanced at Mel. She looked defeated after the little interaction with Elias. “I’m sure we’ll get to that later on,” he assured her then looked at Morrick, who had fallen silent. “But Elias is right; Morrick, could you tell us more about the keys?”

Ainsley assumed the keys were the, well, key to finding and restoring the heart of Migh'nur, and it looked like they were going to have to search for them. It was unlikely to happen but he hoped they wouldn’t be going on a wild goose chase
atlast

previously AtlasWut

115 Reviews

Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:51 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He shifted uncomfortably. "I only overheard a few things. They each have a rune, and they're needed to find and carry the heart. I think one was...a satchel, maybe. A bag? I only speak some of the language."
"We have a satchel," Elias realized. He unslung it. There was indeed a rune in the center of the flap. "Is this it?"

she/her

32 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:52 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

Ainsley examined the flap. The rune on the inside flap was clear as day. Too bad Morrick couldn’t see it. Ainsley didn’t recognize the rune; he never paid much attention when his mother tried to teach him about them. If only his past self knew what he’d be getting into.

“It must be,” he guessed.
atlast

previously AtlasWut

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:19 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Well, it seemed like Nikolai wasn't the only one to be slipping up with names. That was more than a little odd.

He looked from Raptor to... Aeshan. That was an interesting name. He guessed it wasn't common from where he came from. What had Aeshan called Raptor? Something told him it was something based on his appearance. Maybe even something calling Raptor bad.

Nikolai nodded, seconding what Raptor said. "He's called Raptor," he said, gesturing towards him. Hopefully the emphasis on that would be enough to convince Aeshan.
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

115 Reviews

Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:36 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Aeshan repeated the name, rolling the "r" sharply. He seemed to have little trouble with either of the names; the hard consonants in them were obviously familiar sounds to him. His own name sounded as if he were trying to insert harder letters in between the softer sounds, like he hadn't spoken it in a very long time.

she/her

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:42 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Our satchel does have a rune on it," Aumrauth confirmed. "It might be it. Do you know what else is needed to find and carry the heart?"
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

115 Reviews

Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:43 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Morrick had begun licking his fingers to get at more of the veggie brick. He paused on his left ring finger, thinking. "The Arena," he said finally. "There's something in the arena, but you need a key to get in there."
Keys, keys, keys. Elias was beginning to hate the word.

she/her

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:46 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Are the keys literal keys, or are they runic items?" Aumrauth asked, pressing for answers.

"Also, you'll have to lead us to the arena. We've no idea where that is."
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

115 Reviews

Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:56 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Morrick was growing increasingly anxious as he was questioned, and this time he didn't answer. He edged away from the group slowly.

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:17 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Raptor glanced back at the chamber the monster had come from.

The immediate crisis had been averted. They had fended off the monster that had attacked them. Raptor had revealed what he had underneath his armor, and both Aeshan and Nikolai had been surprisingly accepting. They even introduced themselves to Aeshan and vice versa.

...But there was still one more monster.

"Should we turn back?" he asked Nikolai. "Or should we go in there and see if the monster is guarding anything?"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Mudwesterner
— BlueAfrica