z

Young Writers Society

Hunted 2 *Not accepting*

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:36 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Annie May~

I let Amy hug me, something I'd never have let her do when she first got here. But the island had changed her, much the way it had changed the rest of us. She had realised she couldn't be the Amy she was if she was going to stay alive. In this case, the island had done some justice.

I felt tears weld in my eyes as I realized there was really always an up side and a down side to things.

I hadn't realised Tar had walked up until he cleared his throat. I turned to him, concern on his face, and I could tell he was worried about Domi.

"Are you alright?" he asked. It was only more of a reminder to me that I'd never have someone to care for me the way Domi did--someone to hold her the way Tar does, someone to say those words--the ones that seal the bond. I'd never have that; as realization hit, the tears that were in my eyes spilled over, pouring out and down my cheeks. A sob found it's way out of my mouth, and I felt like I couldn't breathe.

Damon

Even though I knew she was joking, I couldn't stop the chill from running up my spine and a frown setting in. But it was gone before Sam noticed it--or so I hoped.

"Admit it, you loved it, and you love me," I said playfully. I didn't--couldn't really expect an "I love you" from Samantha, but I could dream, right? I wouldn't call it dreaming though, just more a small hope that I had no use of hoping for because I knew it would only stay a hope. If that even made since.

I didn't care to think about it. I kissed Sam's neck, then up her jaw to her lips. For the first time since I first met Samantha, she smiled at something that had nothing to do with causing pain, to others or to me.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:14 am
SisterItaly says...

Domi

Roll over. Barf. Lay back down. Stare up. Repeat.

Morning sickness. That was the first sign of pregnancy. I wanted to tell Tarrion, I truly did. I wanted him by my side for this. But I didn't know firstly, how I would tell him, or how he would take it. I didn't want this to ruin us. To ruin what we worked for.

I hugged my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. Then I heard someone come in. I didn't look up. It was probably Tarrion coming to see if I was okay again.
"I'm fine," I lied.
As I looked up I blushed a bit, realizing it wasn't Tarrion, it was Ryder.
"W-what are you doing in here. You're going to get sick."
"I'm packing my stuff," he mumbled.
My heart skipped a beat, where was he going?
"Why?"
"Moving tents, so this way we don't get sick."
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:08 am
eldEr says...

Ryder

I rummaged around my bags, making sure I had everything. Three of my shirts had mysteriously gone missing, as had a pair of shorts. Great. I stood up, sighing and glanced over at Domi. She really didn't look very good. Her face was green, and the whole tent smelled like vomit.

"You sure you're okay? I could go get Tarr if you wanted..." I trailed off, looking away to hide my wrinkling nose and sifted through a pile of clothes.

"No... no, I'm fine," Domi muttered quickly.

I frowned, but didn't turn around. You'd think she'd be clinging to Tarrion at the moment, but she didn't seem to want anything to do with him. I decided not to worry about it too much. I had my own plans to take care of.

I shoved a random shirt into my bag, knowing it wouldn't fit. It might be useful for bandages and such, as I didn't want to take too many from here. The others would probably need them more than I did. Ammuntion on the other hand...well I had a feeling I should take as much of that as possible. But I'd grab that later.

"Well...do you want anything? We have some medicine..."

"No, I'm fine. Really, I'm fine," she muttered quickly.

I sighed and glanced over at her again, biting my lip. "All right, if you say so."

Samantha

Ugh. I was disgusted with myeslf. I was letting Damon get to me...and I what's worse. I wanted to admit what he wanted me to admit. How disgusting was that anyways? Disgusting because it was true. And here I was, smiling like I wans't going to go ruin more lives in about ten minutes or so.

I was going to say it. I was planning on saying a simple I love you, too. It's what I wanted to say. Of course, what slipped was an, "Unbelievable Damon." Apparently I wasn't able to say those words.

Which was sad, when you think about it. Damon deserved me to tell him, and here I was, being stubborn. Not telling him. His smile faded, just slightly and he kissed my lips again.

How could I be doing this to him? It was pathetic. Three words. Four if I wanted to add the 'too' to the end. Three or four words, and I would have made his day. Or so I was hoping.

But for some stupid reason, I couldn't say it. Instead, I returned the kiss, pulling away and staring at him, unable to stop smiling. Come on Samantha, you can say it...

"I love you, too," I whispered, so quietly I wasn't sure if I had even said it out loud or not. There. Four words...not three. Four words I had never thought I'd say, not since Griff. I had said them... and actually meant them. Unbelievable.

Tarrion

Oh great, she was crying. She was crying and my eyes were misty. My eyes were misty and Amy was sitting right there...watching. But she was crying... and she was like my litte sister. I was feeling dejected as it was, a hug would do me as much good as it would do her.

I stepped closer and wrapped my arms around her, rubbing her back gently. I wasn't sad in the slightest about Kyle's death, but it was tearing Annie apart, so I would pretend to mourn, just for her.

"Annie, listen to me okay?" I whispered, voice cracking.

She nodded, only slightly. I could hear Amy shifting uncomfortably on her feet, but I didn't pay her much attention right now. I needed Annie to feel at least a bit better.

"I know it hurts. I know what it's like to lose somebody you love, but you have to remember that you still have family. Even if we're not quite the real thing, everybody in this camp is here for you, okay?" I let a few tears slip and sniffed a little bit. "I'm your big brother, just remember that. No matter how much is going on in camp, if you want somebody to talk to, I'll make time. Okay?"
Last edited by eldEr on Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

116 Reviews

Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:19 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Damon

Yes, that had made my day. Those four words that came out of her mouth--even though they were whispered. I felt my heart race, but why? Why would those words even mean so much to me if I didn't really love her? But was incapable of the ever loving--that's what I told myself. Like ever falling in love would keep me from killing teens again. Right, and as soon as our love fest was over, I was going to get right on plan... well I wasn't sure which letter we were on now, but it was a low one for sure. An evil smile spread across my lips and I looked at Sam.

"Shall we begin my plan soon?" I asked, hoping she would still say yes, even after all of this.

~Annie May~

All I could do was nod, even though I knew he didn't care that Kyle was dead. If anything, he was happy. But he was also right. I had to stop being so... distant. I had to realize I had a family, and they were far greater than me, even if I wanted to die, I'd have to keep them alive first. They were what I was now living for, and the only thing I could say?

"I'm sorry," I whispered. At first I thought I had nothing to be sorry for, but after this, I knew I had hurt them in a whole new way--a way that would proceed no more. I hadn't realized that my tears were causing them pain--though I wasn't so sure why.
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

66 Reviews

Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:30 pm
SisterItaly says...

Domi

My stomache did flip flops. If I told him... would he tell Tarrion? Of course he would. He's Tarrion's brother. But... he needed to know too. If Tarrion didn't know, then Ryder wouldn't know.

Lay down. Snap back up. Barf.

"You want me to get Tarrion for you?" Ryder asked, sounding a little unsure of himself.
"No! No no. I'm fine," I panicked.
Ryder looked from me, to the tent flap, to his bag and back to me.
"Are you sure?"
"Positive," I murmured, putting my forehead on my knees.
"Alright then..."

He picked up his bag and left the tent, light from outside flickered into my eyes for a moment, sending a throbbing pain through my forehead and temples. I placed a hand on my stomach and wondered... Could it be?
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

384 Reviews

Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:00 pm
eldEr says...

Tarrion

Had she just apologized? I hugged her tighter and shook my head. "No, don't say sorry Annie," I whispered. "We all should have been more sensative to you the past week. Things have been...hard. For everybody."

I let go of her and offered a half-hearted smile, not bothering to wipe away the tears on my cheeks. Camp was falling apart these days, and I had a funny feeling that we'd have to work our tails off to get things back together again. More walls, more buildings, more organization.

We might be able to pull this off yet. Survival wasn't all that mattered here. We needed more than that, so much more. We needed at least a little happiness, a little laughter. Survival was easier when we were at least a little happy and less confused.

"I think I have a plan," I announced, smile gaining some sincerity. Time to take the island for ourselves.

Samantha

He was grinning like a fool, from loving to evil in a split second. Now Damon, he's somebody that completely goes against everything I thought a guy could be. I returned the grin and pecked his lips. "If you get off of me so I can go find the hair-dye, then yeah," I muttered.

He laughed and did as he was told. We were both just finishing getting dressed when Mark walked in, eyeing both of us suspisciously but making no comment. I had to stifle a laugh.

"Mark, while you're here, I'm going to have to order you around," I said, not bothering to wipe my grin from my face.

His eyebrow arched at my over-all too good mood, but he nodded slowly. "Yeah?"

"I need you to get me some blonde hair dye, blue contacts and clothes that aren't..." I glanced at Damon's only slightly wrinkled outfit. "Perfect."

"Umm..."

"Go. Mark," Damon hissed. The man nodded quickly and scurried out the door. I snorted and glanced at the monitor, almost laughing again. Tarrion was crying, which I somehow found funny. Maybe I was just in too good a mood.

"How easily do you lose small objects?" I asked, kneeling beside one of the cabinets and pulling out the bottom drawer.

"Small objects meaning...?"

I pulled out a small ear phone and a speaker, smaller than a dime. "One of them gets stitched into the palm of your hand, so I wouldn't worry about that too much. The other one could definately fall out at any given time." Technically speaking, I didn't have to stitch the mic in anywhere, it was just safer that way. A giant walkie-talkie sticking out of his back pocket would leave some suspicions, you have to admit. Besides, this was much funner.

Ryder

I glanced over my shoulder, back to the tent. I couldn't help but wonder why Domi was so reluctant for help, especially from Tarr. Then again, my mind didn't have its original mental capacity, making it only slightly more difficult to figure things out.

Still, I was genuinely worried. Would leaving the camp really improve anything? What if something happened and they needed me? And what if Duncan kills me in my sleep?

That really wouldn't do me much good either I guess. I looked around the camp, trying to find Gemma. Tarrion was there, seemingly patching things up with Annie. I would have gone over myself, but I was a little preoccupied. Maiara staring into space, also not Gemma. Saph lurking around the trees. Not Gemma.

I sighed and looked to the right to see Duncan and Gemma...talking? No, Gemma's face was slightly scrunched up. A quiet lecture maybe. Did I dare go over there?

Why not? The worst he could do was kill me, after all. I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked over, trying to seem as casual as humanly possible.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:26 am
jemjive says...

GEMMA

It all seemed so simple, just so easy. I thought I could just pack, hide my stuff, and leave, just like last time. Oh boy was I wrong.

I tossed three shirts and an extra pair of shots into my bag, follwed by a sleeping bag, some soap, and some antiseptic. I didn't really need anything else, did I? Last time I hadn't taken anything but the clothes on my back and a sleeping bag. Well, if there was anything else Ryder probably packed it.

I grabbed my bag and headed out of the tent, peeking out of the flap to check if anyone was around. I tossed my bag behind a bush, no one would find it there if they weren't looking for it. As quickly as a person could say "simple", things got complicated.

"Hey Gemma, can I talk to you?" said a voice from behind me, a voice I didn't particularily want to hear.

I whirled around, "There is nothing to talk about Duncan, just go away."

"No," he said firmly, "There is, and it needs to be done now."

I started to say no, but then I had a thought. I was leaving tonight, tomorrow I would be gone. Why not let Duncan humor me with one of his pointless sream-lectures? "Fine. Talk away bro."

"Gemma, I am serious, I just wanted to let you know that I think you are making a huge mistake." he said.

Blunt? Yeah, that would be my brother. I snorted, "And what gives you the right to come to that conclusion? I am nearly 17 years old Duncan, I'm a big girl. I can make my own decisions."

He took a deep breath, I knew he was gearing up for a blowout. "You have been stuck on this island with the same people for months! I understand that it is only natural you would have formed close relationships with them, but honestly, Ryder? What's going to happen when we are taken off this island? I don't think it likely that you will ever see him again. So what is the point of your little fling?"

"Fling? You think this is just a fling? Do honestly think that is what I've got with him?" I said, my tone slightly louder than it should be. My little fling? Ryder and I were the farthest thing from that... We were... we were in love.

From the corner of my eye I could see Ryder, and he was headed this way. The timing in my life was impeccable.
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

66 Reviews

Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:40 pm
SisterItaly says...

Domi.

I couldn't stand it, I was going stir crazy. I tapped my fingers, barfed again, sat up, layed back down. Nothing could cure my boredom. I sat up slowly and pulled myself to my feet, dizziness overcame me. I had to sit back down. Let's try this again. I pulled myself up and walked over to the tent flap. Deep Breath. I walked outside, the light stung my eyes and I was hit with the worst migraine I've ever had in my life.

One. My head felt like it was going to explode. Two. I let go of the tent and steadied myself. Three. I took a my first few steps, which were as unsteady as a baby's. Four. I looked up, took another deep breath and looked up, my eyes met Tarr's. Five.
"Domi! What are you doing!?"
Five seconds exactly. Good job Tarrion. He ran over and put his arm around me, and steadied me. I accepted his help graciously, holding onto his arm.
"Domi, you're sick, you need to lay down."
Wait, Tarrion, NO! He might notice, he might figure it out. He was still droning on.
"Domi, come on, you need to lay down," Tarrion said, giving me a tug towards the tent.
"No." I muttered.

He didn't seem to agree with me. He gave up and picked me up, carrying me into the tent.
"I'm not tired," I protested, but a yawn betrayed me.
"Sleep love."
I shied away from him when he kissed my cheek. I rolled and layed facing the wall, away from him. He hesitated a moment, then left, I felt bad. But, before I could do anything, I fell asleep.

The Book.

384 Reviews

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:38 pm
eldEr says...

Tarrion

I kept my head down, hands shoved into my pockets. I didn't know what I was doing wrong. Was I even doing anything wrong? I bit my lip and kicked at the dirt. What if I really had scared her off? What if she was starting to think that I was just like every other guy she'd ever come into contact with?

I shook my head, deciding to focus on something else for now. She was sick, she was probably just a bit... shy about it. Maybe it was like before, when she was afraid of admitting she was hurt. Maybe...

"Stop it... what needs doing?" I muttered to myself, quietly, so nobody else would hear. Naz... just because she was in a coma didn't mean she didn't need food. Which meant I would have to find and crush berries... that would distract me for a while.

I started towards the forest, already feeling a little better. As long as I had something to distract myself with, I'd be fine. Hopefully. I offered Annie an encouraging smile as I passed, flicking my eyes towards Amy. My attempt at telling her to keep talking. It would be good for her.

I glanced over at Moiara before slipping into the trees. The berry patch wasn't very far from here.

I arrived back at camp, shirt full of blueberries and raspberries. I had been eating a few, just to keep my stomach from churning. At least my hunger issues were getting a little better... and so was my foot. Actually, they had both been a lot better lately...

I passed Ryder, frowning at him. He was headed straight for Duncan and Gemma. Not a smart move on his part. Not a smart move at all. Duncan had been pretty relentless. Ryder was just begging to be sacked in the gut. Nah... he wouldn't do anything that stupid.

I shrugged it off and stepped quietly into the tent, staring sadly at Domi for a few moments before grabbing a small bowl-typed-thing off of the floor and a spoon. I dumped the berries into the bowl, mushing them carefully. I knew how to do this. I had done it for one of my little sisters once.

Ryder

I stepped up beside Gemma and did something stupid. I wrapped my arm around Gemma's waist and actually glared at her brother. Glaring was something I rarely did to anybody, especially people who could rip me to shreds in a matter of seconds.

"Can I please talk to you without getting yelled at or punched?" I asked, jaw clenched tightly. Where the sudden anger had come from, I wasn't quite sure. It was just there.

"Oh, and lay off the insults, too, if you wouldn't mind," I growled. Honestly though, I was starting to scare myself. Only starting. I hadn't quite hit that point yet. No, for now I was just beginning to wonder if that happened to everybody on the island eventually. If we would all go stark-raving mad and start eating each other or something.

Not that cannibalism was on my to-do-list or anything, but one did wonder. And what if it snowed here? If it did, we were in trouble. A lot of trouble.

I blinked, bringing myself back to the present. Where had that come from?

"So? Can we talk without killing each other? Please?" I asked, resisting the urge to kiss Gemma's head. That probably wouldn't go down very well at the moment.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

116 Reviews

Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:39 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Annie May~

A yawn escaped my lips before I could hold it back, and I felt my lungs expand. Everything had calmed down for the evening and I laid in a tree watching as the sun set and the wind rippled the water gently. It was a beautiful sight, one of the best parts of the island. The sky was turning purple where the sun faded behind the water, and, for a second, I didn't ever want to leave this island.

Then I realized that maybe this feeling had been here longer than I realised. Maybe I never wanted to leave this island. Maybe I was glad I was here. Maybe I was happy here. Or maybe I was just crazy. Had I not seen what had happened to Kyle? Had I not seen how happy they were that he was gone? Had I not spent hours on end wishing I could die, or at least get off this island? Had I not avoided opening my eyes in the morning, fearing this would all be real? But that was then. Kyle wasn't ment to be mine, that was clear. That or I wasn't ment to have someone, maybe I was ment to be lonely, much the way I was now. Any way that went, I was happy it had all gone that way.

Now the horizon was gold at the edges and I could see the dim light of the stars start to appear against the dark blue of the night sky. I stretched and laid back in the tree, stairing at the stars and it wasn't long before I was sleeping, dreaming of my life before the island. Maybe I did want it all back...
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

35 Reviews

Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:26 am
jemjive says...

DUNCAN

"So? Can we talk without killing each other? Please?" He asked.

"How about we just don't talk at all." I said.

"Duncan!" screetched Gemma, "I am so sick of this and I've had enough."

"You? You think you have had enough? I have had to sit here this entire time watching you two go all mushy mush. I think I'm the one who has had enough."

"You're so full of-"

"Alright Gemma!" interrupted Ryder.

That did it, "Okay man, feel free to leave any second. You are obviously not needed here. This is between me and my sister."

"No."

"Excuse me?"

"I said no. This conversation may be between you and Gemma but it concerns Gemma and I. I'm not going anywhere." he said.

"Fine." I smirked, "Stay, but I don't promise it will end well."

"Stop it!" yelled Gemma, "I'm am so glad this will be over soon!"

"What do you mean!?" I asked, looking from Gemma to Ryder and back.

"Gemma..." said Ryder.

"Oh no."
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

384 Reviews

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:53 pm
eldEr says...

Ryder

I stopped glaring at Duncan long enough to shoot a worried glance at Gemma. Now what was I supposed to say? Oh, well, I was just going to take your sister, my things and split camp. No biggey really. We'll just scrap it out. I'll take care of her, so you won't have to worry about her too much.

I wanted to keep my head attatched to my body, thank you. I sighed and turned back to Duncan, shaking my head. "Nothing. She doesn't mean anything at all," I muttered, eyes narrowing yet again.

Normally, I'd be willing to forgive and forget and pretend nothing ever happened. Normally, I'd take the insults like a man and refrain from glaring at somebody who was about ready to beat me to a pulp. Normally I wasn't so mad you could see my ears steaming. I had had it up to the eyeballs with the degrading comments and cold attitude. I wasn't going to take it anymore.

"She means something," Duncan hissed, returning my glare.

"No. She doesn't."

"Ry..." Gemma whispered warningly.

I looked down at her and sighed. This was going to be a really, really long day, wasn't it? I'd be lucky if I survived the day without a bullet through the head. I offered her a half-hearted smile before turning back to glare at Duncan some more.

"Look, I'm done dealing with your crap, Duncan. She didn't mean anything that is of any concern to you." I paused for a moment to take a deep breath. I was pissed, but I doubted sacking him in the gut would do me much good, and that's where I was headed. "I love her, okay? I don't care if you don't think we've known each other for long enough, but I do. I would ask what I had to do to prove it to you, but I'm glad to say I won't have to."

I stopped talking before I tipped him off too much. Judging by the look on his face, he was either going to relent or punch me in the nose. I was guessing the latter, and I didn't want to stick around to find out for sure.

"We should finish up," I whispered, suddenly feeling daring enough to kiss the side of her head. So now I really needed to get going.

Tarrion

One more glance over at Domi sleeping and I was spooning mushed up berries into Naz's mouth. One good thing had come out of Suzan getting really sick last winter, and that was my knowledge of how to feed somebody who was unconscious. Thoughts of home and little Suzan sent a pang of homesickness through me. Something I hadn't felt much of in a long time. It probably had something to do with Domi's rejection.

I shook off the thoughts and rubbed under Naz's chin to about the center of her neck. Apparently, it forced them into swallowing. A good method for feeding only semi-conscious little girls and forcing your children to take their medicine when they didn't want it.

I looked over my shoulder and Domi again, frowning a little. Why would she push me away now of all times? You'd think that she'd be wanting some comfort while she was sick. Unless it really did tie into her fear of being cast out and useless. I thought she had gotten over that, but by the looks of things...

I shook my head again and returned to carefully spooning mush into Naz's mouth. It was a long, boring process to get her to actually finish swallowing anything, but I wasn't about to let her die.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:51 pm
Razcoon says...

Naz

After being attacked by that wolf, my last memory was bleeding on the ground in pain, unable to move. It felt as though I'd jumped from that point in time to one where my wounds were closed, a hell of a lot less painful...and my mouth tasted oddly like berries. An awful drowsiness that felt half like the delirium of waking overcame me.

My mouth was forced open, a spoonful of something with a sickening mushy texture forced in. Fingers pressed against my chin and ran halfway down my throat, a feeling at which I could not help but swallow. As much as I wanted to sit up and bitch off to whoever was feeding me mushed berries, the sleepiness had not yet faded from my bones, so I just lay there letting whatever was happening proceed.

A few spoonfuls later, I forced my heavy eyelids just a fraction open to see a blurry outline of Tarrion looking into a bowl and lifting a spoon from it. As soon as he laid eyes on me, however, he froze. My mouth opened in a yawn, confirming that I was, indeed, awake.

Tarrion's eyes widened in disbelief and he dropped his concoction and spoon. He reached down and pulled me up to him with dizzying speed, (or maybe I was dizzy from suddenly sitting after lying down) wrapping his arms around me as mine hung limply by my sides. Weird...
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

66 Reviews

Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:55 am
SisterItaly says...

Domi

I heard movement, and wasn't very asleep to begin with. Tarrion muttered something, wait... when did Tarr come in? I sat up slowly, but a headache still whipped through my head.
"Tarrion?" I asked.

My eyes fluttered open, and there was Tarrion, hugging Naz. My heart bounced with happiness. She was finally awake!
"Naz!"
I tried to jump up and join the hug, but that wasn't going to agree with me, I had to sit back down. Wait, they were hugging? What else had they been doing? And why did the tent smell like berries? I think I'm going to be sick.

The Book.

35 Reviews

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:23 am
jemjive says...

GEMMA

We were barely dodging the bullet here and Ryder had the courage to stand up to my brother, kiss me on the head, andwhisper in my ear, "We should finish up," he said.

"Yeah." I smiled and nodded, "You go, I'll be there in a second." He gave me a concerned glance his eyes darting back and forth from Duncan and I. "It's okay." I said, giving reassurance. Ryder gave one last look in Duncan's reaction and headed to the new tent, hopefully to finish packing. I wanted out of here as soon as possible.

"And what, little sister, is going on? Don't try to tell me nothing." said Duncan.

"You know what. No. That is all I have to say. Maybe there is something going on and maybe there isn't, why should I tell you. You have been nothing but horrible since you got here. You don't deserve it. You will find out what's up soon enough." I said. And i was serious, I meant it. That was the absolute last straw! I wanted to leave, now, and I'm sure Ry would agree. I turned around and walked away without looking back. This conversation was over, Duncan must have thought so too because he didn't object.

When I got to the tent Ryder was packing. "Good." I smiled, "Just what I hoped you'd be doing. What do you say to an early departure. Say, now?"

"What!? It's not even dark out yet? How do you plan on pulling this off?" said Ryder, he was shocked but he didn't sound opposed.

"Com on Ry, no one is even out there, they are all off somewhere else. I am pretty sure that Duncan has stormed off somewhere, and Domi and Tarr in the other tent, and buy the sounds of things they are bust enough. We can make a safe getaway. I promise. What do you say?"

DUNCAN

I don't know how or why but I wasn't really mad. You would think that I would be fuming but I wasn't, I have no clue why. I guess I really did know that I had nothing to be mad about, but when arguments start, I just get going, nothing can stop me. It was stupid really.

I was contemplating what to do with myself now when I noticed Maiara sitting by herself, her eyes closed. "What are you doing?" I asked, making her jump. "Sorry." I chuckled, sitting down next to her.

"Listening." She said quietly, closing her eyes again.

"Listening?"

"Yes. When there is no arguing, it's quite peaceful here." she said.

I laughed, "Yeah, we do that quite often."

Silence.

"Take a walk with me? Please? I don't really know what to do with myself right now." I asked, hopind she'd say yes.

"Alright," she said standing up and brushing herself off, "but no arguing."
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

I regret everything.
— Ron Swanson