Young Writers Society

A House with Many Doors

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:16 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She simply shakes her head in reply. "It's nothing." The look in her eyes tells a different story, but she can't defy the serpent. Not again. Not now. But maybe, just maybe, he can figure it out. If only they could be alone - for five minutes, without Apophis, they could figure out what they needed to do.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:56 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"Well then," said Adamina, squaring her shoulders, "let's look for doors that have only our own symbols on then first."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:39 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Larrel nodded, leaving the book with Adamina this time as she ran over to James, tugging on his arm.

"Let's find doors with our symbol on them," she said, glancing at the various doors lining the room. James looked as well - but not at the doors - at the others.

"So we're splitting up again," he said.

"We've just gotta keep opening doors until we find a way out, or something different," she replied.

James looked at her and nodded, following after her as she headed towards a wall of doors.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:42 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Knowing that Apophis was intent on keeping whatever Auryon had wanted to say secret, he gave her a comforting smile and pointed at some of the other doors. "Do you want to come look for your symbol while I look for mine?"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:38 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Can't hurt," she replies with a hint of a smile. It doesn't reach her eyes, however; she can feel Raphael slowly slipping.

Spoiler! :
So, at some point Apophis will break loose again and probably sooner rather than later but what's our preference for timing on that?

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:12 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Spoiler! :
Preferably when someone accidentally opens a door that unleashes a dangerous beast! xD Real struggles.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:52 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden walked along the side of the room, trying to find a door he could open. He turned around, and saw his symbol almost instantly on one of the doors on the other side of the room.
"Aha!" He ran over, slapped his hand against the door, and it opened slowly. He took a peek inside, before shutting the door again.
"Uh...anybody else found a door?" he asked with a sheepish grin.

Spoiler! :
this could be the door with the beast,
if y'all want it to be. Just let me know, and then it can either be dangerous beast time or embarrassing memory time :D
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

81 Reviews

Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:09 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Spoiler! :
Dangerous beast sounds perfect.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:27 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
We wanted to trigger Apo when the door opened, right?

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:07 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Spoiler! :
@FalconerGal9086 yep.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:16 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Auryon begins to approach the now-open door, and but only takes about three steps before her eyes flash crimson and she falls to the ground, clutching her arm. Her ally's presence is almost entirely gone and Apophis lunges forward to take a hold over her mind.

You dare defy me! her voice thunders. You were warned, Blackthorne!

She keeled over and shuddered in pain without response.

I will deal with you later, she hisses. Stay the Hell out of my way!

Auryon coughed and shook as the room began to darken, lights flickering.

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:27 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"Watch out!" cried Edwin, while Adamina instinctively took a step back. "Auryon?"

At the same time, there was a loud, inhuman roar that vibrated throughout the room and in their chests. It came from the door Raiden had opened.

"Oh no..."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:50 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

The lights go out and the room is plunged into almost pitch black as the creature bellows, ground shuddering and floor shaking beneath the footsteps of some large beast within. Judging from the sound it's either warning or displaying prior to attack.

Simultaneously, Auryon's form shimmers in the shadows and separates to reveal a second humanoid beside her. She's tall and thin - an ideal beauty - with long, ebon locks and a heritage that appears to be Egyptian. She wears an ankle-length white dress and her hair is braided with gilded ribbon in an old-fashioned style that exudes high status. Her make-up is distinctly Egyptian with hues of yellow and gold to complement her honey, vertically-pupilled eyes.

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:41 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

They weren't far from the Raiden when he opened the door. As soon as the roar of the beast reverberated throughout the room, James had his sword drawn and at ready. With a little jump in surprise at first, Larrel pulled out her axe, feeling the sudden presence of nervous butterflies going mad in her stomach.

As soon as the lights went out, Larrel backed up to her brother, with her eyes stuck on the glowing woman that appeared from Auryon's frame. She tapped James's back, to draw his attention to it, but it seemed like he already noticed.

"I should've grabbed a sword or something," Larrel mumbled, fear causing her voice to rise a few pitches.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:24 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden flinched as the creature beyond his door roared.
"SOMEBODY OPEN ANOTHER DOOR!!" he yelled, before something impacted the door. He held on, staring wide-eyed at everyone expectantly. Then the room went dark. Auryon was doing some weird stuff. He was fixated on her as the Egyptian lady...appeared next to her? So it seemed. He wasn't sure what she was doing, but he was sure it wasn't all that good. The beast slammed against the door again, shaking the room even more. Wooden splinters flew from the door in question.
"This door isn't gonna hold much longer," Raiden whispered, reaching with one hand for his knife as he stepped away from the door slowly.

Spoiler! :
So uh, y'all ready for The Beast:tm:?
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
— Carl Sandburg