z

Young Writers Society

Voltages (Closed)

Reviews: 3
Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:40 am
Satan says...

Simon

I shook my hand furiously, and looked around the camp equally, if not two times, as furiously.
I spotted Mince, and my eyes narrowed. I could see his eyes moving around under his lids, faking sleep.

I was about to walk over to him when Trevor came back around.

"I need you to wake everyone, Simon." He says, I started to roll my eyes, but instead listened as he went on, "Have them stay under the shelter. I'm going to check something out with Stella. When I get back, I'll have Nikki take over watch for you so you can sleep."

I nod, and stand up, hoping he doesn't take too long.
I make my way over to Mince, and stand over him for a few moments before kicking him in the side. "Wake up, twinkle toes." I tried to say it menacingly, but my voice had become little more than a croak, due to dry throat.

I go around and wake the rest of the group up, telling them to stay under the shelter, but keep their eyes peeled.
frickdamn, son.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:07 am
ArahAkachi1 says...

Mince

I was cracking up inside. I stood up faking a yawn.The fire flickered as I yawned, but continued burning when I stopped. I noticed everyone was under the shelter, so I sat under it as well.I was smiling sweetly at Simon, acting as if nothing had happened.

"Where's Trevor?" I said when I saw he was gone.
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

Reviews: 3
Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:45 pm
thebookworm says...

Nickie-

Simon woke me up and i mumbled,"My watch?". He shakes is head no and leads me to the shelter, where everybody else was. "I don't know." I responded to Mince.

I look around and conjure a slight breeze to wake me up. With my eyes fully awake I scanned our surroundings. "There's a strange air current coming from over those trees." I pointed.
Last edited by thebookworm on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The one thing I regret about reading is not being able to live the lifes and adventures of the characters. Maybe that's why I want to write; to create a story that somebody else would want to live."- Me

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:27 pm
KingLucifer says...

Nephil

I finally take a stand and brush off my legs, then looked at Mark and Twila and nodded to then that I was going out for my daily walk. I started to walk away as I heard Twila and Mark begin chatting, I didn't mind as long as they didn't get into any fights. As I walk I can see the damage to the town becoming more and more ruined. I knew I was approching where the storm first started. I eventually stop at a house that had a picture frame of a family, two children. One boy one girl and a mother and a father. I put it back down carefully. I didn't even remember who my father or mother was sadly, I continue my walk towards the center of the town. evenutally coming across a fire and a young girl, I walk up to her.

"Do you mind if I take a seat?" I ask.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:33 pm
TheClosetKidnapper says...

Zaen

Tori leaves to hunt and I bring my knees to my chest, the fire dimming slightly once she's gone. I watch the flames, thinking about before again.

"Do you mind if I take a seat?" A boy's voice asks.

I glance up and stand, taking a step back at the sight of someone besides Tori. He waits for an answer, making no move to hurt me, but I remain on alert, the waves behind me rocking a little more.

I study him, wondering if he would understand if I signed. Hands shaking lightly, I sign "no, go ahead" and stay on my feet.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

50 Reviews

Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:48 pm
KingLucifer says...

Nephil

I was taken aback by the fact she signed to me, it's been so long since I had last done it, just before my master past away. I was declared his succsesor. I look up at her as she was still standing watching me, So I decided to show I was no threat.

"So, your, mute, right? I, under, stand, we, can talk, though sign, language." I sign as I speck.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

82 Reviews

Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:51 pm
View Likes

Zaen

He signs. It takes me a few moments to process that and to sit down. He speaks as he does so, watching me.

Who are you? I sign back, Why are you here?
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:04 pm
xXmusicaXx says...

Spoiler! :
I'm sorry about the horribly late post, but my parents were out of town, so I haven't been online much lately. Forgive me guys! ^^'

Mark

We had reached the scene of the event. The place was like a mausoleum, ruined and decrepit. The freak storms had done a serious number on this town. I shook my head, wondering why Nephil looked so irritated and on edge. True, our latest run-in with the loyalists had ended pretty badly. Twila had noticed it too, and she questioned him, but he shook it off.

Suddenly, I understood the look on his face. My sense were assaulted by it too - an animosity tending towards hate - directed solely at us. The foreign element prevailed as Nephil took a breath and ordered me to make up a fire, while Twila took the floor and paced. It was strange - asking a water Hidden to make fire, that is. However, our ranks were limited, unlike the Loyalists.

We rested for a while in the shelter of the ruined house Nephil had lead us to. He got up and looked at us, nodding once. We knew that meant he was off for his nightly walk. Twila, who had finally stopped pacing, sat next to me and chattered happily. My mind was only half listening to her. I was trying to concentrate on sleeping with my eyes open, as we waited for Nephil to come back.
Tonight was going to be a long night.
"Married to music - 'nuff said."
"Freedom is everything to me."

"Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?"
"I shall futterwacken vigorously"
~ Tarrant Hightop, Alice in Wonderland.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:07 pm
PixieStix says...

Victoria

I's a long walk back, the sun was already set over the horizon and I couldn't really see anything. I forged fire my way and light covered me, giving me light. I decided to wait until morning to head back, not wanting to get lost on the way. I sat against a tree and played with my hair for the time being until i decided to start my own fire. I stood and got some wood, right as I lit it, I heard more rustling. I flicked my head to the motion and got my bow and arrow again, just in case. "Wh-Who's there?" I ask, cautiously.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

Reviews: 4
Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:28 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Stella

I could see the thing clearly now, and I started running toward it, dragging Trevor along behind me. It was a person, a girl, to be specific. "She's right over there," I whispered to Trevor, coming to a stop in the peat.

I let go of his hand and crept forward silently. The girl was holding a bow, and her feet and knees were bright--she must have been running recently. I crouched low to the ground, slinking forward at a snail's pace. My fair skin and hair would be easy to spot, but if I moved slowly enough, maybe the girl wouldn't notice me.

The girl took a few steps, and then pulled herself up into a tree, training her bow in our direction. I stopped, holding my arm out in front of Trevor again. Glancing back at him, I saw his face heating up. He trusted me, but he didn't like walking blind like this. He started bouncing up and down, trying to get rid of his nervous energy. I was about to tell him to stop glowing--and then I remembered that the girl couldn't see him like I could.

"Who is it?" Trevor asked quietly.

"I don't know," I whispered. "I've never seen her before."
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

82 Reviews

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:06 pm
View Likes

Trevor

Stella breaks into a sprint, pulling me along with her. I catch up just as we reach the peat and stop.

"She's right over there." She whispers.

She lets go of my hand and creeps forward as I follow slowly, catching sight of the girl just as she does. A bow and arrow... Has to be a Voltage. The mortals stopped using those weapons long ago... Hidden or Shadow though?

Stella stops me again and I crouch down again, bouncing up and down nervously.

"Do we know her?" I whisper. "Who is it?"

"I don't know." She whispers back. "I've never seen her before."

I nod and stand, deciding to make an appearance.

"Stay behind me." I order.

I slowly make my way to the girl, as she trains her bow on me.

"Wh-Who's there?" She asks.

"Relax." I hold my hands up in surrender. "It's alright. I'm not going to hurt you."
Last edited by TheClosetKidnapper on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:10 pm
PixieStix says...

Victoria

Some guy pops out of the distance, "Relax." He says putting his hands up. "I'm not going to hurt you."

I eye him and slowly lower my bow and arrow, slinging it on my back. I sit down again and blaze the fire lighter, using my powers, and summon wind to make it bigger.

"What do you want? Who are you?" I ask, glancing at him.

50 Reviews

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:21 pm
KingLucifer says...

Nephil

I sign back my name and why I was here, the storms tore though most of florida and we had reason's to believe that the storms were conjured by Voltages possibly of the shadow clan. I showed her my mark and everything, but the more I explained the more distant she seemed to get. After giving the full explanation she seemed distant almost resentful towards me, that's when I signed to her asking why she was. But I was like this when I first joined the Hidden, scared not knowing what to do where to report. Almost untalkitive.

82 Reviews

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:27 pm

Trevor

The girl lowers her bow and brightens the fire, sitting back while studying me.

"What do you want? Who are you?" She asks.

"Name's Trevor." I reply.

I show her the mark on my wrist, studying her reaction.

```````````````

Zaen

He signs his name - Nephil - and explains why he was here. Voltage. Hidden. I distance myself from him, looking down and trying to remain open minded. He signs something else and I barely catch it, not sure I should answer. But it's not like I could play stupid anymore. He could sign. He knew now that she could as well.

I hesitantly show him my mark, swallowing, and prepare for what might come.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:32 pm
PixieStix says...

Victoria

Trevor shows me his Mark and I become more relaxed. I hesitate before showing him mine, a mix of fire and air marked on my wrist.

"My names Victoria but you can call me Tori." I reply, poking at the fire.

I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary.
— Margaret Atwood