z

Young Writers Society

The Sci-fi Nightclub

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:20 pm
PixieStix says...

"Alright." I said smiling, getting off the stool, putting my gun back into my boot, and started walking.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:56 pm
VampireSenshi says...

After his walking away from his poor attempt at socialization. Paradox was about to exit the nightclub. Only to be thwarted by means of a droid.

Interesting

"Good evening, my fine gentleman. Your face resembles that of a human, yet my scanners have no record of your species. Just what are you?" said the mysterious droid.

Paradox chuckled,

"I Am a human who had the misfortune to fall through a time vortex. Now i am a being that has existed for the entirety of Time and Space, that's technically what you could call me. I don't believe there's a name. I guess you would call it a Me!"

"J.A. Paradox! Nice to meet you! How do you do?"

Paradox shook the hand of the droid rather furiously.
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

125 Reviews

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:58 pm
PixieStix says...

When Iwas walking to the other side of the bar, i passed that phsyco-path. Hes talking up someone else now...I feel sorry for them.

Reviews: 3
Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:15 pm
NicholasStone says...

I sat on a chair in a dark corner, thinking. Stupid droid. Oh well, criminals got away with things every once in a while. I rocked my chair on the back legs. I took off my helmet. Those things weren't exactly built for comfort, and I was getting stuffy. Screw people. I could talk to my A.I. if I wanted to. I turned Charlie on.

"Hello, Don. How can I be of assistance?"

Don. He knows I hate that name. More of a reason to say it. Who knew that an A.I. could be so aggravating?

"Just wanting conversation, Charlie. Watcha got for me?"

Charlie's holographic image appeared in front of me. He rubbed his pixelated chin as he looked around the room.

"There." He pointed to a man. "He should interest you. Go speak to him."

When Charlie said something was interesting, most of the time it meant that it was dangerous or extremely weird. Charlie slipped his helmet on.

"What is he?" I asked. This man was probably a criminal, or some weird shape-shifting freak.

"His Cryphollic aura is strongly linked to the Crab Nebula of Sector 1180.2. There is a legend a legend about a Time Vortex there. Since nobody else lives there, maybe he found an alternate Time Vortex and warpholed to that one. Or maybe he fell into it. But that would be increasingly difficult to do, so I doubt it.

I shrugged. I don't care if he fell through some stupid wormhole, but if Charlie says that he's interesting, he's interesting. I walked towards him.
He stumbled slightly, the limp in his leg still there. He dared not to look at the place he used to call home. He could feel the heat from the fire, the fire that he himself had ignited. He blinked back tears, as he limped away.

125 Reviews

Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:18 pm
PixieStix says...

Now the weirdo has a driod and a person to talk to, that might actally keep him busy. I gestured Mercury my way. I danced through the dancefloor until I got to the other side. I sat down at the bar.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:07 am
DarknecrosisX says...

Mercury

I made my way through the dancing bodies, following the lead of Lola. I was glad to be away from '98, and away from the seemingly doomed left-wing bar area. We both took a seat for the umpteenth time. "Sorry about that, back there. That corner seemed doomed for violence". I took another stare at her beautiful face. "Another drink?" I offered.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:13 am
DarknecrosisX says...

Project 98

A human, falling into the time vortex? Although I didn't doubt the story, it shocked me to discover such a person that would survive something so lethal. My processor couldn't even contemplate what it felt like. The Spartan from earlier had begun to walk towards us, his helmet removed this time. I chuckled, surely he wouldn't be trying to apprehend me? My swift conclusion was corrected, as he joined the gentlemen's and my conversation. "Good evening" I grinned.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

30 Reviews

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:22 am
VampireSenshi says...

The droid took a long silence, a breather if you will.
Do droids breath?
Nah, I don't think so...

The droid remained staring directly into my eyes. I kept his stare, but in the peripheral of my vision I saw a Spartan walking towards us.

Company; his helmet is off, so maybe he just wants to chat. But I can't let my guard down. If I can remember correctly I get along with Spartans.

When the Spartan came to a stop between the to of us, the droid grinned.

I didn't know droids could grin

"Good evening" he said
<YWS>
<NE1>

125 Reviews

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:34 am
PixieStix says...

"Sure." I said smiling. He was staring at me again, I looked down,glaring at him while grinning. "You know I thought there was going to be like mostly robot thingys here, But I see alot of humans.." I said glaring around. I caught the sight of a guy that I reconized from my ship. "shoot..." I said. I hid myself in my Jacket and turned foward. I shot a quick look back, and he was still looking at me. I put my hood up.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:59 am
NicholasStone says...

I tipped my head in respect. "Good evening to you too, droid. And to you, time-vortex person." I put my hand out to shake.
He stumbled slightly, the limp in his leg still there. He dared not to look at the place he used to call home. He could feel the heat from the fire, the fire that he himself had ignited. He blinked back tears, as he limped away.

30 Reviews

Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:06 am
VampireSenshi says...

Spartan - A.I., large resources of knowledge. No reason to assume that he knows about the time vortex because he knows me...

Paradox puts his hand forward and shakes the Spartan's hand furiously.

"J.A. Paradox is the name! This is my friend the Droid, and what would i have the humblest pleasure of calling you my genetically altered friend?" he said, all the while shaking his Baseball mitt sized hand.
<YWS>
<NE1>

Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:10 am
NicholasStone says...

*Paradox... Isn't he a character in the TV show Ben 10?*

"My official name is Don, but i'd prefer it if you called me 182." I flashed the number on my chest. "So... My A.I. tells me you fell into a time vortex or something. How'd that happen?"

30 Reviews

Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:23 am
VampireSenshi says...

A.I. - I knew it, i now owe myself five dollars

Paradox chuckled,

"Hmmm, well to make it plain simple and honest. I was working on a top secret project for the U.S. Military on time rift technology and the possibility of Wormholes. And these time rifts have extremely large gravitational pulls. So, as is to be imagined. I found myself pulled in. Wherein the Time Vortex, i went insane, then sane again multiple times."

Paradox tapped his head.

"I also have mapped out the entirety of space, time, and the universe in my head. Which i guess is the overall secret to time travel. Although my pocket watch does take me where i need to go most of the time..."

Paradox ruffled his hand through his hair once more, waiting for a response.
<YWS>
<NE1>

Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:33 am
NicholasStone says...

*Yeah, definately Ben 10*

That was just confusing on so many levels. I prefer just to stay in the present time, where it really matters. But then again, Charlie was right, this guy sure was interesting. "I remember reading about when the U.S. government collapsed due to the debt to China, because China attacked and left them with nothing. But you actually remember that? So, technically, you could go anywhere, find out anything, do anything, at any time, and all times?"

30 Reviews

Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:39 am
VampireSenshi says...

*Shuddup :D*

"Yeah, Basically. I hope that doesn't make attract too much attention. I mean, I have ended two intergalactic between the humans and th-" he stopped mid sentence.

"Disregard that! Future stuff. Very wibley-wobly, timey-wimey stuff." he said, his British accent flowing well under pressure.
<YWS>
<NE1>

Someday, everything is going to go right for you, and it will be so wonderful you won't even know what to do.
— Hannelore Ellicott-Chatham, Questionable Content