z

Young Writers Society

Survive Them - Started, Accepting

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:50 am
Calligraphy says...

deleted
Last edited by Calligraphy on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:57 am
Camulaeus says...

Tim

"I think death is a bit or an over reaction. There has to be a way out of here." I said to the slightly recovered girl. She had drawn her knees up to her chest and rested her head on her kneecaps, her hair fell around her. I scanned the room and saw nothing other than more of the suffocating dirty gray concrete. "And besides if there's not, I'm sure you and I will do fine"

She glanced up and offered a wry smile to match the goofy one still plastered to my face. "Great, I needed an optimist around"

"Well then, I guess we should get to know each other a little better" I said as I extended my hand, "I'm Tim"

"Juli" she replied, and grasped my hand to pull herself up off the floor.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:48 am
RedBird says...

Kili Burkke,

Turning from observing Claira hack open the gatorade machine with her knife, I see Vince not-so-casually take some Zebra Cakes from the food vending machine and start stuffing them in his pockets. He looks up, and the expression on his thin face is comically surprised. I glare at him, drawing my sword, yet again.

"Care to share? Or were you planning on taking all the food for yourself?" I say, holding out my hand for the cakes, "All the food gets shared equally."

"Hell no," Vince snarls, backing away from me, "I got them; they're mine. Fair and square."

"Oh, I see," I say calmly, "Then I guess all of this gatorade is ours, since we're the ones who worked to get it out. Fair and square."

Vince pales slightly.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:34 am
Jenthura says...

Edgar

I stepped around the corner and goggled the group of people. Eating, drinking.
Suddenly, a loud rumble eminated from my over-sized stomach. I hoped they didn't hear that...

(Sorry, I'm rushed)
Last edited by Jenthura on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
-ж-Ж-ж-

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:44 am
SisterItaly says...

Juli

I pulled myself up and stumbled a step. I almost stumbled right into him. That would have been embarrassing. I considered asking him if he knew what was happening, but he seemed just as lost as I was. The air was thick with silence and it was almost suffocating.

"Do you think we're the only ones?" I asked shyly, my voice was still hoarse.

Before he could answer I heard the dull and distant voices down the hall. They seemed to be arguing over something. Were they dangerous? Would they hurt us? Or kill us? I felt myself trembling violently, and my breathing ceased for a moment. I stumbled back against the wall and let myself slump against it.

"Juli? Juli!? Are you okay?" he asked, squatting down beside me and lifting my face to look into my eyes.

I inhaled sharply and gave myself time to catch my breath.

"I-I'm," I swallowed back the dryness in my throat, "fine. I have a panic disorder... t-this happens often."
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

350 Reviews

Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:32 am
Jenthura says...

Edgar (Back to make a proper post)

The group looked up simultaneously at the sound of my stomach and I tried to grin. Maybe it came off as a sneer...
"Hi..." I said uncertainly. "Do you-"
"Know where we are?" one of them finished. "Not a clue. Go check out that door if you wanna see something really crappy."
He gestured to the other end of the room and I followed his finger. A large metal door, looking like something ripped out of a Navy battleship, stood like a menacing monster. I decided not to try.
I looked back to the group and figeted. It would have been very awkward if one of the girls hadn't stuck out her hand and voluntered her name. I could barely keep my eyes glued to her braces as I shook her hand.
"I'm Kili," she said. "He's Tobias-" the kid with the failed hairdo "this is Claira-" the pony-tail girl "and this is-"
"Vince." the punk hairdo-guy finished. "You got any water?"
Great, braces, fail-do, pony-do and punk. What a collection of losers to get stuck with. Then again, they probably felt the same about the fat kid, hmm...
"Nope," I said. "And if I did, you think I'd share it with you?"
Suddenly, I noticed he was holding a bunch of Zebra cakes in his hand.
"Where'd you get those?" I asked, feeling weak again.
"You think I'd share it with you?" he said testily, though he glanced nervously at the group at the gatorade machine.
I scrunched my nose up and glared at him. Big kid like him thought he could boss me around, eh? There wasn't much I could do, though. Guys like him used to give me wedgies all the time.
And then, I suddenly remembered I was holding a crowbar.
Oh yeah, suck on this, Vince.
I approached the machine and stuck my crowbar into any convenient crack, prayed I wouldn't look like a fool and pulled down as hard as I could.
-ж-Ж-ж-

61 Reviews

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:09 pm
RedBird says...

Kili Burkke,

Well, this is just wonderful. Claira and Tobias aren't so bad, but Vince is unbearable. And this Edgar kid, well, let's just say that I hope his appearance hides something better. 'Course, I'm smart enough to see that they're all thinking kind of the same thing about me: "Great, I'm stuck with the braceface." Well, I'm gonna show them. I'm gonna show them all.

Which brings us back to the food/water problem. Edgar is now trying to pry open the food vending machine with his crowbar, and when that doesn't work, he just starts banging on the plexiglas with it. Just as he's about to bring the crowbar down again, I hold his arm

"It's not gonna work, mate," I say, matter-of-factly, "Vince here has already tried that, mate."

I flash a brace-filled grin at Vince. Per usual, he glares back. Edgar sighs and slumps against the wall. I roll my eyes and turn back to Vince.

"Fine, you can have your stupid Zebra Cakes. But we're hacking into this food machine and then SHARING, which isn't something that I'd expect you to understand."
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."

Random avatar

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:22 pm
Calligraphy says...

deleted
Last edited by Calligraphy on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:35 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Tobias

Not feeling too hungry yet, I left the squabbling over the food to the other guys and only vaguely realised that our group had grown about the same time that kili handed me a zebra cake and I looked up and saw these new people. Huh. There was a girl, pretty enough in a pale sort of way, who was just standing there quietly, probably grateful that she'd found some other kids. Kids. We were all kids or teens, maybe that was important. Huh. And yeah, the other was a kid too, rather chubby and happily stuffing his face with one of the zebra cakes, while trying to hang on to a crowbar as well. Idiot. Why doesn't he just put his weapon down? Then again, why am I still holding mine? Wait. Why am I still holding mine? It's a friggin crossbow that could take someone's leg off if I forget about it even for a moment. Except it's not armed, yeah. At least I didn't stick any bolts in it already.

"Alright so standing around a vending machine all day isn't going to get us out of here," I said as I took a big bite out of the cake. Mmmm. I was starting to feel more awake now. "So let's empty the thing and get moving."

"We already tried that, where were you when I was getting these out huh?" Vince snorted in disgust and chucked his empty wrapper on the floor. I decided to ignore him since he could probably take me in a fight and all and picked on the fat kid instead.

"Move out of the way, I'm about to make all your dreams come true." I pointed the crossbow at the fat kid who was standing in front of the machine and waited for him to scramble out of the way. I fitted a bolt. And I fired it through the glass which shattered loudly and exploded across the floor. I yelped as a small piece struck my leg and leapt back. "Stupid, shitty thing!" I complained.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

61 Reviews

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:28 pm
RedBird says...

Kili Burkke,

Right. Note to self: I need a crossbow. Anyway, Tobias has shattered the plexiglas in front of the food machine, and the bolt from his crossbow is embedded in a bag of Fritos. I pull the bolt free and open the bag, gulping all of the chips down in as few bites as possible. After a few gulps of gatorade, I feel energized and ready to go. I turn to the group, who are also eating and drinking and generally seeming more content than they did a few minutes ago.

"Okay, now that we have some food in us," I say loudly over the sounds of munching and slurping, "Let's find out more about where we are. We know that this building seems to be in the middle of the fricking desert and that we each seem to have a weapon, plus some other stuff." I push my fire-starting kit further down into my pocket, "Any ideas about what to do next?"
~Snape, AVPM

Random avatar

Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:31 pm
Calligraphy says...

I am going to quit this storybook. Sorry.

61 Reviews

Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:32 pm
RedBird says...

Oh, no! Why? I loved having Vince as a character!
~Snape, AVPM

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:56 pm
Camulaeus says...

sorry, I'm on a vacation and Internet is a rare occurrence. Puzzler, feel free to post for Tim if you want to keep the SB moving
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

350 Reviews

Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:34 pm
Jenthura says...

Drat, you guys are no fun! ;)

Edgar

"Who died and made you chief?" I retorted to pony-head. "Anyways, we should just stay here until someone finds us. If we go out into that heat it'll kill us in five minutes!"
"And you know that from previous experience, I guess?" she replied.
"Of course," I said, snapping my fingers. "Ever played Dune?"
I hadn't either, but it was the only video game that seemed remotely related to a desert. I hoped no one else in the group had played it before.
"Are you telling me you would base your survival on a video game?" she asked, flabbergasted.
"It's better than nothing," I said. "And besides, you probably didn't take Wilderness Survival 101 either."
"Just shut up," the guy with the punk-do said, kicking me. "The more you talk, the stupider you sound."
I scowled and would have replied, but suddenly the whole room shook. If it was an earthquake, it was probably a 50 on the Richter scale, or whatever big earthquakes rated. For a few moments, we all hung on to whatever was available. One of the machines fell over and landed with a crash in the middle of the room.
And then, blessed silence.
There was a small thin voice from the other end of the room.
"I vote we move outside."

(Yes, I know a 50 on the Richter scale is unbelievably unreasonable, but Edgar isn't the brainiest of guys. ;) )
-ж-Ж-ж-

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:05 am
View Likes
Teardrop says...

I'm really sorry, I'm on vacation from school now, and my family has a lot of plans so I probobly won't have a lot of time. So, just wanted to let you guys know.
And are the doctors dancing in, while the ambulances sing. Another boy without a sharper knife. The moment, that's where I kill the conversation, wrap this up with a knife that loves to feel. How do you know how deep to go before it's real?
- Yeah Boy And Doll Face ~ Pierce The Veil

You are all the colours in one, at full brightness.
— Jennifer Niven, 'All the Bright Places'