z

Young Writers Society

Metal Hearts (starting, not accepting)

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:22 pm
Eniarrol says...

Gretal

After Gretal had finished reading the story over and over she realized she had been left while the others made a shelter.
There was no one in sight from the pile where she stood.
"Hello? Hello!" She yelled with all her might, she couldn't believe she was lost googling her eyes over a stupid fairytale.
A hero isn’t defined by winning. Loads of heroes die in the effort. Most of them never get any recognition. No, a hero is just somebody who does the right thing when it would be far, far easier to do nothing.

~Previously SweetMoments

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:07 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

Eli
Sorry about the length, got a great idea and had to write write it.

Almost everyone had chipped in their thoughts except Eden, so naturally I walked over. "C'mon Eden, you're the only that hasn't placed any input in," he looked down and I could tell he was super hot. I mean, he kept fanning himself with other people's hands! I was hot too, but I didn't show it. I wouldn't let people think I was a wimp, especially not Bree. But at the moment I realized that she was just laying on the ground, not looking through the clothes so I came over, leaving Eden I swore I could see a look of relief on his face, but maybe I was just seeing things. When I got to Bree I tried to convince her to get out of those rags, "Hey, you should really get some real clothes on, they're much more comfortable." I nudged her up and she went to the clothes. She grabbed the first things she saw and left. When she came back to the group she was wearing an old shirt and running shorts. I was about to comment but I heard Eden blurt,

"Well, we could try and build a shelter. You guys are worrying about some scientists but what about us? Did you guys already build one or am I behind the times? Because, if you haven't, I think I got the perfect place!" He flew off, leaving us way behind. I must have missed some of the conversation, because he mentioned the scientists.

"Wanna race?" I said, to Bree, hoping to get her spirits up.

"Sure," she smiled almost a devious smile. I found out why a second later. She took off, going at least 50. I tried to keep up, but the rest of us got left behind. By the time I got to the site, I was out of breath and sweating like a pig. Great. But I did have to admit, the spot was perfect, you know, except for the fact that we're living in junk. It was flat, on the top of a hill. I started to go grab materials, but I heard Kaiter and I stopped.

"Ok, Eden, you and me can fly about the junk yard to look for things that my be needed. Boards, wide, flat palates for walls, bedding, and stuff like that. Bree and Eli, could you guys help us get the supplies back here after we've located it? Achillies and Gia, I need you guys to stay here to help set everything up and put it together."

She took off, and I commented, "Who put her in charge?" I go a few laughs and a few dirty looks, but I liked the idea of a "house". I headed to where Bree was and we set off.

After a while, Bree asked, "So, what's up with your arm, if you call it an arm?" she glanced to my gun-arm.

"You know, I'm not actually quite--" I was cut off by the same pain in my head as before. I gripped my head and screamed, "AHH!" I started to float away again, back to the past. I was back in the past, in the lab. The two scientists were hunched over my body. I heard the main scientist say to his assistant,

"A military grade one, huh? Impressive."

"Not quite," said the assistant. "He failed his tests, apparently too human. He wouldn't last on the front lines." The head scientist looked mad, probably because he lost a lot of money creating me. I started going back to the present. This flashback wasn't as long, but I bet Bree was flippin' out right now. I was right. I saw Bree next to me. when I got up, she looked at me like I had four eyes. "I'm fine, just a little flashback," I said, grinning. "Hey, can I have a hand up?" I asked, my head was throbbing painfully. Bree came over and I grabbed her hand. She helped me up and I told her all about my flashback, except the part where I failed my tests, that would sound bad. We stated walking and grabbing supplies. After a while, we had most of hour stuff at the site. Then I saw a girl walking towards me, I din't know her, or did I?
Last edited by DaSpetsnaz on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:51 am
Dragonette says...

Ahhh! I just realized that I forgot to give Gretal something to do. Sorry Sweet!
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:16 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Despetsnaz, I think that maybe next time you shouldn't post as much of other people's reactions. It's kind of god-modding. And from what I read about Bree's personality, I really don't think she's the type of person to start crying. Besides, the point of storybooking is to have a bunch of people posting in one story, not to have one person controlling everything.

Gia:

After I cut the holes in Kaiter's shirt, I listened to him as he gave everyone orders on what to do. I was glad he had given me the assignment to just organize, because I still had to find some clothes.

"I'll be right back." I muttered to Lilly and Achilles, as I walked over to the pile of clothes someone made.

Quickly, I found a vintage, black, concert t-shirt, a pair of worn out dark shorts, hot pink knee high socks, and combat boots.

After I walked around the corner where I couldn't be seen, I quickly pulled on the shirt and shorts, slid the leather jacket on, and yanked the pink socks and combat boots on. The pink socks peeked out of the combat boots maybe and inch. I tied the shoe laces around my shoes started back.

Before I came back to Lilly and Achilles, I spotted the girl named Bree and the boy named Eli. Bree seemed very very familiar. As if I had known her really well.

She seemed a little awkward with the boy, so I decided to go over to them.

"Hey Bree," her name sounded so familiar on my tongue, "You look a little bit tired Bree, how about I go hunting with, um, I don't know his name,"

"Eli!" He interrupted.

Waving him off I continued "Yeah yeah. Well how about I hunt with him and you go organize with Achilles and Lilly. Sound good?"

Her eyes silently thanked me as she nodded and ran off towards Achilles and Lilly.

I squinted my eyes at the boy, Eli, and looked him over. He looked a little disappointed. I refrained from laughter.

"Don't worry lover boy, I'm sure you'll live."

Then I began to walk around, not caring whether he followed me or not.

Quickly, I picked up the supplies that had been found and carried it back to Bree, Lilly, and Achilles.
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:33 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Oh, P.S, I did clear that with Allygrl
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:53 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Enzo:

I saw a girl with dirty blonde hair walking right towards us. I couldn't recall meeting her today, so figured she must have gotten left behind.

I jogged towards her, meeting her half way.

"Hey! My name is Enzo."

She gave a confident smile and said "I'm Gretal."

Nodding my head towards the others, I said "We're all making a house to stay in. You can join my group if you'd like."

"Thanks" She said with a polite smile.

It was then that I had realized that I hadn't changed my clothes. When I looked over to her, I noticed that she hadn't either.

"We found some clothes and most of us have changed. I was about to go do that really quickly, you could too if you'd like."

With that, I turned on my heel and headed towards the clothes pile, waving her over.

I snatched up a black t-shirt, a pair of jeans, and some sneakers and socks then found somewhere to change.

I waited for Gretal to finish changing before I headed back over to the others.
Live, Love, Laugh

30 Reviews

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:11 pm
Dragonette says...

Uh, Fiction? Kaiter is a girl. Lol. You probably got confused because of the clothes I put on her, but she's a tomboy and she wears stuff like that. :D

And you shouldn't be so hard on Despat. He did do a little bit of god modding, but you probably shouldn't get involved, if Ally felt like her character was being used, she can say something.

73 Reviews

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:39 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

I fixed it, so it's better. And since I did something wrong, it's good that someone let me know so I could fix it. No hard feelings fiction. :D
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

84 Reviews

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:01 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Sorry about mistaking Kaiter for a guy Breakaway! And Aly did have a problem with it but she didn't have the time to say something herself, so I helped her out with it.
And DeSpetsnaz, thanks. I didn't mean it to be anything rude, I was just trying to help out my friend.
Live, Love, Laugh

73 Reviews

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:47 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

YAY! The feud is over! :mrgreen:

-Queen

73 Reviews

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:15 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

Eli
When she got to us the first words out of her mouth were,"Hey Bree, you look a little bit tired, how about I go hunting with, um, I don't know his name."

"Eli," I let her know. She just shrugged me away,

"Yeah yeah. Well how about I hunt with him and you go organize with Achilles and Lilly. Sound good?" Bree nodded and we started to head off. I must look strange because she laughs, "Don't worry lover boy, I'm sure you'll live." I try to think of a come-back, but I got nothin'. Man, she's good! She grabs something and I catch up to her.

"Hey!" I say, I show her my arm. "Do you know what I'm capable of?" I try to sound threatening, but it doesn't work.

"Yeah, but I know you're not going to, and even if you did, you would never be forgiven. Now, are you going to help or not?" She could read me like a book! I take the board off her shoulders and start to carry it. It was strange listening to someone other than Kaiter, but she was a born/made leader.
Last edited by DaSpetsnaz on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Queen

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:48 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Lily

"Hi. I'm Achilles." The boy next to me said. he was much older then me.

"Lily." I mumbled. "What should we do, anyways?" I asked him.

"Wait for some people to get back with stuff. Can you lift heavy things?"

"Not really. Sorry." I admitted. "But I can... figure out where to put things?"

"Maybe." he sighed. "Bree? Is that you?" A shadowy silhouette came walking up a hill.

"Yes. Have we met?" She asked him.

"I'm Achilles." He said. She looked over at me.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Lily. I was with Cy and Adrian." I explained. She nodded.

"I'm Bree." AS she spoke, the first group of people came over to drop of some wood. We set off to work.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:42 pm
Eniarrol says...

Gretal

I sorted through the clothes, putting different tops, pants and dress's into piles that I thought would fit my different forms. I was now aware of Enzo staring at my ever growing mound of clothes.

"I thought they were over reacting when they said how big a girls wardrobe is but..." Enzo spoke gesturing towards the clothes. I blushed a deep pink.

"Uhh I have to have um different clothes for me to um fit." I was painfully aware of my stuttering as Enzo raised his eyebrows.

"Okay, that's... cool" He turned towards the others. "See ya around"

I shoved my head into my hands, what was I doing?

I went to search for a place I could change, when I came across a abandoned shed that seemed to be crammed with junk. I scooped up my clothes and went into there, pulling a blue dress over my head.

A cowboy hat hung on a coat rack by the door of the shed. I put that on too and giggled at my reflection in a half broken mirror.

I better get back to the others, I thought as I made my way to the group of freaks, that were us, standing around a pile of supplies arguing over what sort of design should our shelter be.
A hero isn’t defined by winning. Loads of heroes die in the effort. Most of them never get any recognition. No, a hero is just somebody who does the right thing when it would be far, far easier to do nothing.

~Previously SweetMoments

30 Reviews

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:59 pm
Dragonette says...

>DaSpat, you forgot to put your character's name at the top of your post again. :lol: I will break you out of that habit if it's the last thing I do. Lol<
Cy

I rummaged through the garbage piles, looking for something that we could use for the new home. I was totally pumped up about having a house. I mean, an actual house! For the longest time --well, my whole life really-- all I had for a home was a cage. Now I was going to be living in a house that was scientist free.

I pushed aside an old, ripped up sheet and discovered a bike tire underneath, "cool!" I grabbed it.

"Okay guys, we have as much as we can carry, let's start heading back," a guy named Enzo said. I caught up with everybody else on my team. Everyone had their arms full of stuff. Adrian's arms were full of bed sheets and old pillows, Enzo had a bunch of dishes and silver wear, and Gretel was carrying some flash lights. "what did you find, Cy?" Enzo asked. I lifted up my stuff. "Some Christmas decorations? Party hats? And a bent up bike wheel? Cy, what are these?!"

I shrugged, "Stuff for our home. See? The bike wheel could be used for a Pirate steering wheel. And the hats could..."

Enzo sighed, "No, Cy, that's not the kind of stuff we're looking for."

"But-"

"Maybe we can return for it later." Gretel said, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Why don't you help Adrian carry the bedding."

"Okay." I dropped my stuff sadly.
Last edited by Dragonette on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:13 pm
Apple says...

This is going to be short because I have to the lake soon and everyone is getting impatient. AUSTRALIA DAY, PEOPLE! :D Everyone else excited?

Eden:

Kaiter and I left the dust covered ground, the wind whistling through our hair forcing it to whip our shoulders. It didn't take us to reach bird's eyes view of the whole junk yard, the smell a little less repugnent from where we were positioned. I glanced down at the mounds of rubbish on either side of me trying to find anything that would look good for a house.

"We gotta find something cool," I said more to myself. Kaiter flipped over me, her metal wings screeching as she dived down onto the other side of me, scanning the rubbish. "You know, not something stupid but something hot! So we can proudly say: 'hey, that is our house!'."

Kaiter laughed, "I don't think we could find anything like that here!"

As if on cue, a large sheet of metal caught my eye. Bits of insulation sponge were thrown over it, dripping dirty water. I pointed it out to Kaiter who nodded in agreement saying that it would be perfect for our new 'dream house'!

"Race you down?" I asked, poking my tongue out the side of my mouth.

"You're on!" Kaiter shot out in front of me before I even realised what was happening. She flew in an arc towards the sheets of metal, her pony tail fluttering wildly behind her back. I shouted something though she didn't hear, her sights set on the prize.

"Dammit!" I shot after her, laughing loudly though not before a bug flew into my mouth. Looks like dinner was off the check list!
I spy!

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
— Solomon Short