z

Young Writers Society

The Hunger Games - Done

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:14 am
Dragonet says...

Um... I guess, I don't know. In the DT Cal wrote what I thought was the begining post. I was just following that.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:56 am
View Likes
TheGreatIthy says...

Ivan Istor -- District 1

The stage was finally set. My parents would not keep me out of the Hunger Games again. I had made sure of it. Normally, they would bribe other kids in the district to volunteer before I had a chance to after someone was chosen, but I had made sure that that was no issue. And just to be sure, I had put my name in 100 more times than normal. I didn't need the money that came with the added chance of being in the games, I just wanted the glory. I had been training my entire life for this.

The name was called:
"Ivan Istor."

I glanced at may parents and smiled. They were stunned at this. They frantically looked for someone to volunteer in my stead, but no one did. I used the money I got from putting my name in 100 times to bribe them to not speak out when I was called. Or when they asked for any volunteers. The games were mine.

--------

As the plateform raised to the arena I had this feeling of pure excitement. I felt as if the entire world was looking just at me. Expecting me to win as did many others in my district. I was not going to let them down. I couldn't. I had to prove my parents wrong. I was ready for this. I looked around the starting place. I saw some minor weapons just ahead of me, but the ones I wanted would be hidden near the cornucobia. I looked to either side of me. Andi was nearby looking back at me. We nodded to each other and looked back out to the arena. Andi was my ally in these games. We had met in training and struck up a friendship. We both decided that it would be mutually beneficial to both of us if we stayed together until the endgame. She would be my ticket to the best weapons and supplies.

The arena seemed to be a theme park of some kind. A rundown one at that. The cornucobia was hidden from sight inside of a large round building that looked to have seen better days. It was an off-white colour and panels had seemed to have fallen off over the years revealing black pits where they used to be.

We waited behind the forcefields for a few minutes before we were released. I immediately bolted ahead of the competition towards the 6th ring where my weapons would be. I could faintly hear Andi close behind me. I was able to stay ahead until around the 5th ring before I slowed down a bit. I had endurance, but there was sure to be a fight where the weapons were and I wanted to be ready. Andi caught up.
"They should be just ahead" I said to her. She nodded and we continued farther into the arena.

Leon Echelon -- District 6

The day of the reaping was the worst in my life. I had made it until the last one I would have to go through before my name was called. All I had was one more year. That was it. Well, no use living in the past. I now only have a 20% chance of surival due to my skills or lack there of. I just hope smarts are enough to make it through.

--------

I did all of my calculations before the games even started. I had a 100% chance of making it to level 1. 90% to level 2. 70% to level 3 which is where some face paint was. Something I needed to hide it all out. There was some more at level 4, but I only had a 55% chance of making it there. Farther than that, and I was tempting fate. The horn blared without me even noticing. I was lost in thought, and when I finally broke out of it, the other tributes had already started.

There was fighting all over ahead of me. I ran forward and grabbed some rope, a tarp, a backpack and a small container of face paint. That got me to level 2. The fighting seemed to be ahead of that severly limiting my chances. I grabbed a pocket knife and turned around and ran back into the park to look for a hiding spot. I had a better chance for survival if I stayed away from everybody if I could.
Last edited by TheGreatIthy on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:59 am
ultraviolet says...

Oh, I haven't been following the DT. Okay then.

Acacia Lane

The horn blared, announcing the start of the games.

I raced forward, half bent over, which helped not only with my speed, but with pushing past and dodging other tributes. It also helped with grabbing stuff. I picked up some sort of tarp thing that was right in front of my stand. It'd come in handy--watching year after year of the games had shown me that.

I spotted a backpack about five yards from me and I dashed to it, scooping it onto my shoulder, shoving the tarp into it. As chaos warred around me, my small size made it easier for me to avoid the trouble, and I jumped, dodged, and ducked my way through the war.

I refused to leave the Cornucopia grounds before I found a weapon, and so far I hadn't. I saw a dagger and ran for it. As I was flying towards it, something long and hard struck my back, pushing me to the ground. I thudded to a stop a few feet from the dagger. Half looking back, I scrambled for the dagger as a girl about 15 stalked towards me, eye on the same prize.

She got to me right as I got to the dagger. I yanked it from the sheath and stuck it in her leg, then kicked her over. I snatched the dagger and shot up, searching for more useful things. I saw a reed-like thing and grabbed that, along with a jar that was sitting by it. I shoved everything into my bag and turned around to leave the place. On my way out I reached down and grabbed a water bottle and a flashlight, putting them into my bag.

By the time I was far enough away from the battle that the screams were mere white static, my breathing was getting heavy. The hot, humid air was weighing down on my lungs.

Taking a slightly slower, though still fast enough, pace, I made my way to Hollywood studios, home of the Muppet show place, where I was to meet my two allies.

Jeremy Michaels

As I waited for the horn to blow, I scouted my surroundings. I spotted a bow and arrows fairly close to the globe. I would get those. They were my best weapon.

When the horn blared, I sprang forward, and dashed for the bow. On my way I grabbed anything that came into my path. As I neared the table, two guys were fighting over my bow. One of them died. I shuddered. That was the first murder I had witnessed, and it wouldn't be the last. Suck it up, I told myself. There's more where that came from.

After the guy ran off, I got to the table and looked over its contents. I grabbed a bow and left, satisfied with it and whatever the heck I had grabbed on my way there.

People were fighting everywhere. I jumped into a fountain that was squirting noxious-smelling green sludge. As I got to its edge, some crazy looking guy jumped up, wielding an ax. He slashed hazardously, so wildly it looked like it might cut him simply from momentum. He neared me and chopped his ax downward. I jumped away just in time, and the ax lodged itself into the fountain. I hesitated then lunged my spear into the ax maniac.

I took the spear and unlodged the ax and ran away, tears forming in my eyes. I had killed a human. I had killed a human. I had to keep running, or I might just not be able to live with myself.

Now to Hollywood Studios to meet Acacia and Falco. I was glad to have people who I wouldn't have to kill.

Walking the streets of Hollywood Studios was creepy, on a major level. I could imagine back to when it was a happy place, foliage free with parents tugging along small children, who were holding cotton candy and lollipops. I, myself, had never had such a treat, but I had heard of it.

Glancing around, I entered the Muppet place, into the theatre-like auditorium. The two old guy muppets were hanging eerily in balcony seats, half decomposed, looking like plush zombies with their stuffing falling out.

Neither Acacia nor Falco was there, so I took a seat on one of the rundown seats.

Please come, I inwardly pleaded. If Acacia or Falco didn't come within 24 hours, I was to assume they were dead. I gulped. Please...
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:50 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Andi

OOOOH boy. This was not Quincy Auto. Not by a long shot. I was small, if noticeable, and the fact that no one had grabbed the things I thought most useful was definitely working out. I saw a bar of soap and lunged towards it, grabbing it and stuffing it in a pocket, and then... chaos. I wriggled into a knot of people shouting and writhing over a bag with sunglasses and tweezers. I managed to get a hold on it- at the same time someone else did.

I didn't stop to think. I just bit down on the person's hand until their grip sagged. I snatched the bag back and ran several, several yards to the right. I spat out several lumps of blood mixed with saliva and skinned my knee once or twice before finding a few small brawls over.... toothpaste.

Bingo.

I grabbed at the bag, screaming bloody murder, and with my teeth bared. A hand latched onto my wrist and twisted -hard, hard, hard- until I couldn't tense my grip anymore, and the little bag just... fell. I took in my breath and sprinted away, holding my twisted wrist to my chest and locking onto Ivan's back. With sunglasses, tweezers, and a bar of soap, I sprinted to almost certain doom.

Falco

I watched Andi's fiery head grow smaller, a little dumbfounded. She hadn't teamed up with me? We were cousins! And she hadn't even gone after what would keep her alive, and Acacia and Jeremy wouldn't want me to help her, most likely. I frowned. I glanced around.

Not much, really, that wasn't being mobbed. I spotted a tarp that only had a few scrawns fighting over it- I could snap them in half. I stalked over, grabbed the tarp, and knocked the little dorks out. A map lay forgotten -I didn't see what of- and I snatched it.

I sprinted to Hollywood Studios, only easily making it about a fourth, The next two fourths were labored, and the last one I was nearly puking along the way. I spotted Jeremy and toppled over by him. I swallowed and ran a hand over my face.

"So. How's it going, Jer?"

*Is this okay?*
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

262 Reviews

Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:39 am
ultraviolet says...

Jeremy Michaels

I sighed when Falco entered; at least I wasn't completely alone.

"Great." I smiled at him. "Look at the stuff I picked up." Honestly, I hadn't looked at it myself. Mostly I just sat there nervously for what seemed like hours but was really a few minutes.

Spreading my goods out, I say a pocket knife--not the cool kinds, but it had a good blade--a steel pipe, some thin rope, and the ax and spear from my scuffle. I had really lucked out.

Falco had found a tarp and a map of Downtown Disney, which was invaluable, really.

Just as we were deciding how to split the stuff up, in case we got separated, Acacia walked in.

Acacia Lane

I walked into the meeting place, out of breath. The first thing I saw were my allies, which I was glad to see. Next to them were their supplies, laid out. They got some good stuff; I knew there was a reason I partnered with them.

No nonsense, I sat down by them and dumped my backpack out. A tarp, a pair of sunglasses, a pair of tweezers, a dagger, a water bottle, a flashlight, and--the reed-like thing turned out to be a dart gun, and the jar held poison, or so the label said.

I was kind of disappointed I didn't get more, but I knew that getting away was more important.

I looked up at the two boys, who were staring awestruck at the amazing supplies we managed to grab. I wasn't; it was all in the strategy, the planning. You had to know what to go for and how to get it.

"The two most important things to survive the game," I said, launching into a strategic mode. "Are water and food. But water first. Anything out in the open mine as well be poison-- it's awful. So, I'm going to take the pocket knife, the dart gun and poison, one of the tarps, and the water bottle. I'm going to go look for drinkable water--without it, we'll be the first to go.

"Jeremy, you take the spear, dagger, sun glasses, the other tarp, and the rope. Go hunting; I've seen some animals from Animal Kingdom roaming, and I bet some of them are edible.

"Falco, you get everything else. Hold down the fort. Maybe look around. You're a mechanic, see if you can make something from this outdated technology. If anyone comes around and you can't get rid of them, jam the tweezers into the door."

I spread the map out.

"If that happens, we'll meet up at Downtown Disney, at the Disneyquest Emporium."

I folded the map and picked it up along with my other things. "Any objections?"
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:19 am
pinkangel54123 says...

Echo

God, I think as I look around at all the other tributes trapped in force fields. I can see my ally, Kace, feeling the force field around him. Briefly, a small smile lights up his face. Wierd, I think hoping that I haven't gotten stuck with the crazy one. I know that it is possible for kids that aren't completely put together to be chosen, but it would be just my luck that I made him an ally.

I know that there will still be a few minutes before they open the force fields, so I look around. The size of all the parks and the part with the stores surrounds me. I haven't heard of this place before and I certainly don't know what the layout is. My eyes wander far away to a castle in the distance. I can just see the tall-tale glimmer of fresh water and decide that's where me and Kace should start off. I mean there was just so much ground to cover and it seemed far enough away that maybe we could lay low for a while.

I caught his eye and looked pointedly in the direction of the castle, but still tried to be conspicious enough as to not give anyone a clue. He nods subtely right as the force fields go down. I'm not sure if he nodded after all, but I don't care. If I lose an ally because he was too caught up in the moment, then that would be his problem not mine.

Just a few feet in front of me there is an empty water bottle and a few inches away from that is a bar of soap. I instantly lunge for them now that the force field is down. I'm fast, but I'm not sure if I'm fast enough to reach any of the bigger weapons. It's not like I know how to use them anyway. I learned a bit about swords in group training so I think that that is my best bet. In the split second that these things have run through my mind, I'm sprinting.

There are some things I see that I know how to use, and before I think twice, I scoop them up. Before I know it, I'm running into the think of things, just to grab a stupid sword that I barely know how to use. I reach for the pocket knife but someone gets it before me, and I ran away before they could attack. My heart plummets as I run farther into the thick of things. I barely cringe when someone cuts me, but I grab a sword and dagger that are right next to each other before sprinting away towards the castle. I can feel the blood dripping from places that I hadn't even known I got cut in and my head feels heavier than I remembered.

I leaned against a monorail post and with the last bit of my strength climbed into a tree hidden by the monorail track. Dark blots began to spot my vision as I strapped myself to the branch with some of the rope I'd grabbed. It was more comfortable than I thought it would have been, and almost as soon as my eyes were closed a dark oblivion overtook me.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:54 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Falco

I nodded and turned my hands over.

Make something.

I utter a strangled yelp, and Acacia looks at me strangely. I clear my throat. "Uh, sure. Go ahead. I'll..." I don't finish my sentence. No promises of anything. I'll probably rig a pulley system up- while my cousin is probably going to make... I dunno... an army of metal ants, or something. I don't know where she is, and it scares me. My dad had given me an awkward pat and told me to 'keep an eye out for the redhead inventor', as if he didn't know that his sister was her mother.

I shake my head. Bad, bad Falco. Andi's gone by now, probably in some of the more technological places, where she's dismantling giant air conditioning units and fashioning a machine gun to slaughter your allies, and possibly you. Aaand there I go again. I frown firmly at myself and started testing the rope. Maybe I could set a trap with this stuff.

Acacia and Jeremy sprint off, and I'm left to my devices. I decide to set something up, if only to take my thoughts off tiny redhead Andi and her minimal supplies. Tweezers, sunglasses and soap? I shook my head. Crazy Andi. I barked at myself to quit it and returned to tying a rusted sheet of metal to the rope and looping that around the door system.

The door would open, the metal would retract, and momentum would swing it back to smack the person in the head. Or roughly that area. But only if I had tied the knot just so, which I hadn't, because I wasn't dumb enough to knock out Acacia and Jeremy.

A makeshift blunt force guillotine? Go me.

Andi

With my good hand, I grabbed Ivan's shoulder. He reacted so fiercely... well, my arm was left with a shallow cut that dripped out slender trickles of red. I shot Ivan a look and shoved my arm to its full extent. He shrugged guiltily. I sighed and pressed down on the cut with the hem of my shirt, holding my arm at an angle as to not reveal much skin. I didn't trust Ivan quite that much.

I cleared my throat, paused, and hacked up some more blood. Ew. I spat once to clear my mouth and started again. "Where should we stay?"

"There's some pretty secluded spots around here. We could hide out for the night. Find something tomorrow."

"Good idea," I mumbled, subtly elevating my wrist a little more. It looks bruised, and the scrapes on my legs ache, but I'll clean them up as soon as I can.

I spot myself in a mirror as Ivan and I sprint off again, and wince. Already my face is smeared with dirt and lightly bruised, my arms, hands, and legs looking a little... beaten. It didn't hurt terribly, though, and when I was running, I couldn't feel the ache. I think I see Falco's bleached hair peeping out a door and I stumbled, but I assured myself my cousin wasn't there and regained my rhythm.

No time for cousins now.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

45 Reviews

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:48 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

Leon Echelon

I had no weapons that I could use. Not that I would have been able to get anything worthwhile anyways with all of the fighting going on around the park. I needed to find a place to set some traps and hide out for the night. Perhaps build a filtration system for the water that was all over the place. I knew a real neat trick involving a shirt and a fire to get the water clean, but I needed to find a place to hide first. A human could survive without food for at least a week, but I didn't want to test that for too long. I hoped that these games wouldn't last long, but if I stood a chance at winning, it might. I would need to outlast the competition. Even so, my chances were slim.

I looked out into the distance and spotted a large white castle. As large as the place was, the halls could provide me with enough places to set my traps. The trick was to get there. It was still a ways off. I looked at a monorail station and wondered if they still worked. No. That would give me away. Best to take the long way. I proceeded cautiously towards the castle making sure I met up with no one on the way and only taking the shadowed areas. The sun was getting low, perhaps the night time would fare better for me...

Ivan Istor

Great. I cut Andi, my only ally so far. She grabbed me suddenly and I wasn't expecting it, so my training took over. She's lucky she's alive. I'd better be more careful. We decided to find a hiding spot for the night. Back at the 6th level I had grabbed only a foil, a map of the park, some apples and a jug of water. That would last us for a while, but wouldn't slow us down much. We could always go back later for the extra stuff. I was surprised to find that we made it away from the bloodbath without much of a fight. I guess it was a good thing. As much as I wanted to prove myself, I didn't want to make us a target for everybody else. The only person that would be actively searching for us would be the other District 1 girl as she would know what I am capable of. Trouble was that she specialized in ranged weapons while I was a physical fighter. I would need to find her before she found us.

I looked at the map. I needed to find a place to sleep for the night. Preferably somewhere enclosed so we can set some triggers in case someone found us. The park was huge. Filled with many enclosed buildings, which was odd given that the games normally took place in outdoor environments. Seems like the games master had catered to the trappers this time around. We needed to watch our feet.

"So?" Andi said trying to cover the cut on her arm while also trying not to give me a free show. She didn't need to worry as I really wasn't interested, but I wouldn't say that because her attempts were kind of amusing.

"The nearest place would be the boardwalk inn." I responded, "That should keep us safe from the ranged attackers during the night and we could barricade ourselves in. If anybody tries, they would wake us up and we could take them out as they struggled to get in. What do you say?"

"Better than nothing. Lead the way." I nodded and we went off deeper into the park. Looking at the size of the park, I knew that we were in for the long run.

*I got the last book in the Hunger Games series today! Woo!*

Will review for food!

262 Reviews

Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:32 am
ultraviolet says...

Jeremy Michaels

I should have figured. That whole I'm-weak-and-little-and-scared-and-oh-so-innocent act Acacia put up at the beginning was just that; an act. Now, she kind of scared me. But that was good; at least she wouldn't drag me down. That was also one of the reasons that I didn't say anything about being bossed around.

Taking the weapons, I sprinted out the door. I was exhausted, sweaty, thirsty, and hungry, but unless I went hunting, none of those things would change.

For a while we jogged in silence, always keeping our eyes out for animals, water, and other tributes. Occasionally we would duck into a building or behind some overgrown foliage. After about an hour or so, we broke apart, Acacia going off to some water park with sludge-filled tube rides.

I kept going, and, soon, I was in a part of the arena that was even more overgrown than the rest. I walked from a tropical forest to a hot, sticky savanna to a mountainous forest. I assumed this was some place called "Animal Kingdom." Amidst oak and pine trees, I saw little animals scurry about. Using the rope Acacia had thrust upon me, I set some traps.

Then I sat down at the edge of a clearing. The sweltering heat beat down on me, but at least I had some shade. I almost wished I was allowed to stay in the dark, cool theater like Falco got to. But Acacia was right to appoint us our jobs; I could hunt and Falco could work mechanics. And Acacia, I had no clue what she was capable of. Guess I'm about to find out.

Acacia Lane

After breaking apart from Jeremy, I entered a water park, or I was assuming that's what it was. I had never seen one before, and the greenery was so out of control it was hard to tell, but I was fairly certain it was. A sign at the entrance said "Blizzard Beach."

To be honest, I wasn't sure how to find clean water--obviously nothing here was drinkable. But there had to be a way; the Gamemaker was smarter than to have a arena that couldn't support life. The games would end far too soon and with far too little violence and action.

The air surrounding Blizzard Beach was even thicker and muggier than the rest of the parks, what, with the gunky water saturating the air, making it harder to breathe.

The thing about moist air was, no matter how much water vapor floated around you, it was unattainable, making you only thirstier.

I walked around the water rides for a bit, looking around, desperate to find some source of clean water. There was a chair lift in the middle, and I sat on it, taking a moment to rest before continuing my seemingly hopeless quest.

I was about to get up, when the the seat lurched forward, gears grinding loudly as I was pulled higher against my will. I could just see, at the top of the lift, a tribute staring at me.

~asofterworld.com

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:32 am
Dragonet says...

Kace~

I met up with my partner at the water fountain. Well, at least you could call it a water fountain, but where water should have come from, a mucky, green liquid flowed. He looked up when I jogged to his side, "so, what kind of stuff did you get?"

I held up my broad sword, "How about you?"

"Water, soap, and a sword," he answered. I glanced at the water bottle hungrily, he noticed my want and held the bottle up grudgingly, "don't take very much, good water is hard to find you know."

"I'm not stupid." I retorted, taking a sip of the water and being careful not to waste one drop. Handing the bottle back to Echo, I stood up. "We should probably start searching for a hide out."

He nodded, "Any ideas?"

"I was think an amusement ride. Something long and complicated, like something with a boat that weaves it's way through the ride. That way other tributes will have trouble getting to us because, not only are we inside a building, but we're also hiding behind one of the propes in side the building, aaaaand they have to cross over water to get to us."

Echo looked thoughtful, "It might work."

We grabbed our supplies and sprinted through the park, keeping in the shadows and hiding behind all sorts of junk that was there.

We stopped by a fountain to catch our breath and watch out for any other tributes waiting for us with a bow and arrow. It was a good thing that my partner was fast, that way I didn't have to worry about slowing down or waiting for him. "All's clear," I whispered, but just as I was about to dash behind a gnarly tree I stopped, off to my right was a hooded jacket. "yeah, baby," I whispered picking it up and putting it on. God, I loved hoodies. I had let out a stream of cusses when they told me that I couldn't bring a hoodie into the games with me, but now I had found one in the games. Bingo!

My partner elbowed me, "If you're done with that, then I think I found our hide out." He pointed at a building.

"The Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Perfect." I approve. We made our way toward the ride, but just as we reached the door, an arrow whizzed past my head.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:48 am
Calligraphy says...

Has night come yet for you all? If not in the next post write about that. I am so sorry I don't have time to read your posts. :(

A. S.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:41 pm
pinkangel54123 says...

Chase

I'm crying. This is so stupid, I think. I'm not sad or even worried, but this is what they told me to do, so I'm doing it. I make sure that I'm still crying as I wobble past the force field. Everyone passes me up, and I try not to laugh as they let me go past them. I'm a small girl after all and I made sure that no one would be afraid of me.

I scoop up the half gallon of water, and no one notices when I grab one of the heftier bags before screaming out hysterically. My water spills out as I grab two daggers and swipe at anyone that comes near me. Some girl's back is turned to me and I stab her without second thought. I takes me awhile to get the dagger from her back, but when I do, I sprint towards the big tree on my right side.

Trees are a hunter's companion and my allies said we'd meet there. No one notices as I sprint away towards the many trees. While I run, I think about my allies. Even though we are supposed to be a team, I don't have a problem killing either of them if they're bad enough to get me killed. I might even kill them just because, so that they can't kill me first. I'll have to see what kind of supplies they have.

Thinking of supplies, I think, trying to find a safe place. I struggle to shinny up a tree; I've never been able to do that to well even though hunting is the specialty in my district. When I get up there, I open up my pack. I've lucked out with a sleeping bag and first aid kit.

Suddenly I hear rustling in the trees. I whip out one of my daggers and plan to lodge it in someones brain, but right as it's about to leave my hand I see that the two people are my allies. The dagger tumbles to the ground harmlessly.

"You guys," I whine, still playing into the act of being weak. "Why didn't you call out to me?" My eyes start to water and they immediately come over to comfort me. Maybe I'm a better actress than I thought, I think, letting the tears spill freely down my face.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

45 Reviews

Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:29 am
TheGreatIthy says...

Leon Echelon

It was early evening when I started to look for a place to rest for the night. I had thought about just traveling through the night, but seeing that I had been on my feet ever since the games started, I thought that I should find a nice place to hole up for the night and to think of some strategies for trapping up the castle when I got there.

I walked through some bushes to see a giant sign that read, 'Disney Wilderness Lodge'. It was a large brown cabin-like building that had two other smaller residences just off to the side of it that overlooked a slimy lake. I looked at the water and realized how thirsty I really was. The heat of the day was intense, but I hadn't really noticed in between trying to not die and thinking about how to survive the games. I knew how to freshen it by filtering it through my shirt and then boiling it over a fire, but I had no matches to start it and doing it manually, while still possible, was not something I had the energy for. The shirt would have to do. I grabbed an empty plastic bottle from the ground and walked to the lake. I took off my shirt and dunked it into the water. Some dirt got through the filtering process, but it looked drinkable for the time being. I drank it all down. It tasted horrible, but quenched my thirst.

I did the filtering process again and just held onto the bottle. I gathered my stuff and watched as the sun went down. Pretty much as soon as it went below the white castle, the entire park went pitch black. It was like someone had turned off all of the lights and I had nothing to see with. The hot air was gone too, replaced with a bone-chilling breeze. Great. The game maker didn't want us to sleep. That would sure make it interesting for the audience. Then, I heard a buzzing noise. It was low at first, but it was getting louder by the second. I listened to it for a second before feeling the first scratch. Followed by a second. Then many at once.

I brushed at my exposed skin trying to get whatever it was off of me. I ran for the nearest building and felt along the wall before finding the door. I opened it and quickly closed it behind me. The scratching and buzzing stopped. The game maker this year was completely evil to think of something like that for nightfall.

I heard a voice from above me, "Hello?" I froze. I listened as the person slowly descended the stairs homing in on my position. I took a tentative step forward and heard a small crack below my shoes. I reached down and grabbed at whatever it was. It cut my hand. I jerked up knowing what it was. A shard of glass, and a large one at that. I wrapped my hand in my shirt as a glove/bandage and grabbed it. My night vision was getting better and I was able to see a form just ahead of me holding some sort of spear. He had his back turned. I crept up behind him and stabbed with the shard. I aimed right for the base of his skull guaranteeing a kill for me. I was dead on, and he collapsed with no more than a startled yelp. I dropped the glass. My first kill, and probably not the last. I hoped the audience was happy with that. I collapsed at the door in shock. My hand was throbbing but I dared not to take off the bandage. I had no clue on how bad it was. The shirt should at least stop the bleeding and I could wait for sunup to see what the tribute I killed had for supplies.

I did not sleep at all that night.

Will review for food!

262 Reviews

Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:57 am
ultraviolet says...

Acacia Lane

The girl yanked the lever harder, so hard it broke off. The chairlift started going faster, faster, I thought, than it was made to. It pulled me up to my possible killer, and that was not okay in my book.

But what could I do? It was too high and there was too much concrete below me to jump off. The other girl--I was fairly sure she was from District 8 and her name was something like Flower--hopped onto one of the speeding chairs, drawing us together all the faster.

I stood up and grabbed the dart gun, but the chairlift was rocking so hard I found it impossible to aim. When our seats aligned, Flower jumped onto my seat, making it almost flip. She had a knife in hand, and lunged it at my thigh. I jumped back, falling off the lift. I grabbed one of the bars with one hand, and pulled my pocket knife out of the back pocket, sliding the dart gun into it.

Using my teeth, I flipped the blade out, then held it out defensively. Flower banged her knife at my hand, and I let go right before it could reach me. Luckily, the lift was going fast enough that we were almost to the top, and the ground was close enough.

The park was a plastic mountain, and was impossible to clime, thanks to a coating of grime. Using the slime to my advantage, I slid to one of the cement paths. Having reached the top, Flower jumped off and slid down to me. She swung her knife at me, and I ducked. I stabbed her foot, and she let out a shriek of pain. I quickly stood up, and stabbed her in the heart while she was distracted. She crumbled, obviously dead.

I grabbed the bag she had been holding, and started down the path to the bottom of the faux mountain. It was getting dark, so I high tailed it away from their; people often had allies, and I needed to get back anyways. I would see what the bag held once I got back.

I turned on the windy path, and before I knew what had happened, someone hit me in the gut with a metal pipe; looks like I found Flower's ally.

The force of the blow sent me flying down the slippery mountain, unable to stop myself, and I screamed all the while. At the bottom I hit a cement sidewalk, and skidded, much pain to my arms. The momentum was so fierce that I kept on going, right on to a kiddy slide. I landed with a thud into the murky water.

The ally was racing down the sidewalk and was almost upon me.

Jeremy Michaels

I'd check the traps tomorrow. The only wildlife I had seen since I set out was a couple of rabbits, but it would be impossible to kill them with just a spear; they were too small and fast. What I wouldn't have done for that bow.

It was starting to get dark, so I started to head back. I took the sunglasses off; they were only hindering my vision, now that the sun wasn't blinding me.

On my way back, I decided to see if Acacia was still at the water park. I heard a loud shriek and saw her flying down the side of the fake mountain, a tribute running after her, holding a metal pipe.

I broke into a full out run, desperate to get there before the tribute got there first. The tribute got there first, and started swinging his pipe at a flailing Acacia, who was trying to stand up in the very slippery kiddy pool.

Good aim was vital for hunting, and so was a skill I had long since mastered. Because of this, when I threw the spear at the tribute, it lodged into it's thigh, not killing him, but distracting him. I raced forward and, splashing through the water, got to his side. It really was that slippery, and while trying to help Acacia up, got pulled down myself.

I reached out for the bridge that spanned the pool, grabbed it, and pulled myself up, then helped Acacia. Knowing he couldn't defeat both of us, the tribute pulled the spear out of his leg, then swam toward shore. When he reached land, Acacia ran toward him, and stuck her knife into his chest. He died.

All of a sudden it got cold, and a buzzing noise surrounded us. Then tiny little bugs started biting us. It hurt like heck. We gathered up the spear and the little the boy had on him--the metal pipe and a pack of dried fruit--then ran for cover, any cover.

The closest shelter was s drinks shack. We ducked inside.

~asofterworld.com

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:11 pm
Calligraphy says...

From now on if you will someone in your post say so in bold at the end of it. I made some updates on the who will survive list. From now on all the computer characters are dead. So if you kill someone they have to have a name.

- For those of you who cannot get fresh water, the fresh water changes. The first two days Animal kingdom. Plus, those of you drinking the water. Even if you boiled it or whatever. You become tired after around an hour.

- When the reaches it's high on the second day. All the water is going to start to rise quickly. You will have about 7 minutes to get somewhere high, before a huge wave makes its way across the whole park from typhoon lagoon. By then I would like Junglelover's character Izzy to have died. Sorry, but I want things to be as exiting as a quarter quell.

A. S.

P.S. - I have decided that the only way for your gnat bites to stop stinging really bad you will have to rub pee on them. Ta Ta

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
— Mark Twain