z

Young Writers Society

Scattered: No Longer Retired (full)

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:16 am
ScarlettFire says...

Just read all the profiles and the main post. It shouldn't be so confusing then. And don't forget to read ALL the posts people have made.

Also. Everyone: Please check the rules. Seriously, they are there for a reason.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:28 am
SisterItaly says...

Stacy Baker (Lightning Mistress) |On the street in front of the home | 2:15 PM

He suddenly, disappeared. Just, poof gone. I turned to wisp and scowled.
"What's wrong?" She asked. I took a step towards her.
"A freaking super just got away from us, and he know my first name! Thanks to you!" I said, lashing out and slapping her. Then hugging her.
"I'm sorry." We said at the same time. I couldn't hurt one of my partners in crime. She pulled away, laughing.
"Now where were we?" She asked, turning into her wisp form and flying off. I chuckled and walked out into the street. I woman hugging her child and screaming not far from me. I turned to her and laughed maniacally. She jumped up, clutching her child closer to her, as she ran away. I threw bolts at her as she ran, just missing her.

"Run, you miserable excuses for people! RUN!" I screamed, as I continued laughing. My hair frizzed out, which made me angrier. I shoot my hands out to the sky, my hair failing about, sparks running through it. The ultimate sign I lost control. I couldn't be stopped until my energy ran out. I laughed, as my body tingled. Wisp took a second and looked at me, shaking her head. I let my head fall back, but my hair stayed frizzing up and flowing behind me. The bolts of lightning at their strongest. Direct contact to the vital organs or head could be fatal. Maybe I'd finally kill someone. No, I couldn't do that. Stacy took over, I fell forward, able to control myself again. I shot a bolt of lightning at an approaching cop. Smirking I stood slowly. Police were here, time to have some real fun.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:07 pm
Jagged says...

Carl Willows | Darkeyes; Willows Manor, Study Room; 2:15
Cutler, and his usual tagalong. He should have expected it. The man had never been able to wait for anything, always had to come and check for himself.

It made him predictable. Carl liked predictable. It made him easier to deal with.

“So I see you’ve been busy.”

Carl saw no point in denying this—he nodded amiably, not bothering to rise from his seat. Cutler didn’t exactly have any grounds to take umbrage to it, and he had been the one to come in uninvited. Not to mention getting to his feet would be murder on his leg, and Carl rather preferred himself as pain-free as possible.

“News travel fast.” He smiled, still a bit smug about it and seeing no reason to conceal it. “How nice of you to come by to check on me after you learned of it. Perhaps you might think of sending advance warning, next time? I was just thinking I needed to talk Wright, and I would have liked it better if I didn’t have to worry about your constant bickering.”

That bit of information cut short to whatever it was that Cutler had been wanting to say, to prompt instead a fierce scowl that Carl met without batting an eye, hand reaching for the phone.

“Wright? I need to talk to you. At the mansion, yes. No, it’s not urgent. Still. ASAP.”

He mock-sighed as he put the phone down, looking back at his guest. “You know how he is. Always such a pleasant man to talk to.” A smirk. “At least he gets things done.”

The glance he sent the wheelchair—and by extension the man in it—was biting, and only served to add to that last barb. A whirring sound distracted him for an instant, made him look away from the reaction, and he grimaced, noticing the way the tracker he’d set on Stacy started behaving more erratically.

He called up the video surveillance network in the area, and made a low sound of discontent.

“Excuse me for a second. The young ones are misbehaving again.”

Call to Stacy Baker pending.

She’d better answer, or there’d be hell to pay.

[[yes, huge timeskip. let's just ignore, yes?]]
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:19 pm
Razcoon says...

Ea~ [Firefly] | Apartment | 2:00

While I'm putting away my groceries, I hear loud crashes like distant lightning. What the hell, it's not supposed to rain today. I stick my head outside the window and look at the sky. Not a cloud is up there. Something is wrong.

I dig through my closet until I find my old costume. It makes me want to wear the stretchy, fireproof material again. I make a deal with myself; I wear it under my clothing, and if I need to intervene in any major crimes (which I secretly hope I do) I'll combust. My regular clothing is not fireproof.

Athough tempted to fly to the retirement home where most of the heroes are, I force myself to drive. After all, I could be spotted by someone who knows me as Ea, or Miss Reid. It takes a while to get there, at least twenty minutes. When there, I pull over and assess my surroundings.

Maniac laughter pierces my ears, and I look to see the lightning misstress raising havoc, her hair standing up on end, blue sparks running through it. As much as I hate seeing her do this, I am thoroughly relieved it's not another boring day. I run into a nearby alley behind the trash cans, put on my mask, and let the flames erupt from my pores.
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:45 pm
ScarlettFire says...

NOTICE: The Timestamp is all over the place. Please TAKE NOTICE of the time in the posts before yours and keep it to within a reasonable time frame. Unless I've given the go ahead, there will be no skipping of hours. So if I post TWO PM, keep it to within half an hour or so of that time. It's irritating a few of the others.

George(SeaWolf)|Aerona's Home For the Retired-George's Room|2:18pm:

Oliver had arrived just as George's grandsons were leaving and the pair had been talking for about an hour. They had discussed Darkeyes and his plans. He was plotting something. He maybe not have killed Han, also known as FoxBoy, but he definitely had his fingers in the pie.

"Are you sure?" George asked, frowning down at the computer screen.

"Yes," Jen said solemnly, closing the laptop. "It's as we feared."

The old man sighed and painfully got to his feet, wondering if he should make it colder, just for Carl. He sighed and rubbed his thigh, trying to ignore the pain now shooting up his leg. Sure, George could heal himself but the wound had been too great. Didn't mean he didn't try. He tried and tried, and still got nowhere with it.

"George," Oliver said and just as he was about to continue, the closet door sprung open and in stumbled a filthy, old man with tattered clothes. He was panting and looking around frantically, like he wasn't sure if something was stalking him or not.

"Ben?" George asked, shocked.

The filthy stranger turned towards him, cried "George!" and flung himself into George, knocking the older man over and making him wincing as he injured leg was twisted harshly.

"Ben!" George cried, gasping. He tried to push the other man off, but Ben held on tight.

And just at that moment there was an almighty crash from downstairs, inside the Retiree's home.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:32 pm
SisterItaly says...

Stacy Baker (Lightning Mistress) |On the street in front of the home | 2:20 PM

My phone was still ringing, but I was to busy smashing the front double doors to pick up. I'd call them later. I saw a super, in costume, come around to the front of the building, me and wisp inside. We looked at each other, then the super and snickered.
"Who are you supposed to be?" I asked, giving her an unimpressed up/down glance.
"Firefly, your worse nightmare, Lightning." She said, her hands combust into flame. I cracked my neck and shook my hands. This, would be fun. I charged up, nodding to wisp as she changed and stood in the line of fire. I held my hands out in front of me and shot my bolt into her, she absorbed it, strengthened it. Then shot it at the ground in front of the super's feet.

The ground rippled as the bolt exploded. She flew back several feet, debris falling around her. My phone started ringing again. I groaned and looked at wisp. Then my caller ID then back to wisp.

"Cover me!" I demanded, she nodded and I ducked behind the front desk. "Boss?" I asked.

"What are you doing Stacy?" He scowled. I snickered.

"Stacy is, unavailable at the moment. Now I got to go, Places to go, supers to beat, things to blow up." I mocked.

"You listen to me!..." I hung up my phone, slipping it back into my tight costume.

The super and wisp were still battling. I shot a bolt at the super, not a strong one, but strong enough to knock her away from wisp. She looked up, grateful.
"Same some fun for me." I joked. We both chuckled. Oh man it was good to be evil.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Reviews: 2
Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:14 pm
Buggy says...

Miranda (Chrome Angel)|Aerona's Home for the Retired-George's room|2:19 P.M.

Miranda had slipped into the room after the others, more or less unnoticed. For a big woman (not fat, per se, but tall and strongly built), she certainly had a knack for staying in the background when she wanted to. But then that was a fairly common trait among the superhero community. It was easier to fight crime that way.

What they were saying made sense. Willows had been a thorn in their side since he popped up not so long ago. What his agenda was against the heroes wasn't quite clear. Maybe he was just trying to get rid of them so they wouldn't be in his way. Maybe he had a grudge because of someone they hadn't managed to save; it wasn't too uncommon. Whatever the reason, someone would have to take care of him soon. One way or another.

And then, quite without warning, some guy who looked like he'd staggered in off the street, well, staggered in out of the closet.

"What the crap?" squawked Oliver in surprise. Jenny jumped a little.

Miranda just blinked. It took a moment to figure out who it was, but she'd definitely seen that face before.

And then the man had George in a death-grip of a hug.

Oliver and Jenny exchanged a confused look. Miranda smiled slightly. "Welcome back Ben," she said quietly.

CRASH!

She turned her head sharply. It was from inside the building, downstairs by the sound of things. She darted out the door.

"I can push myself Jenny!" came Oliver's voice. A glance over her shoulder showed the others streaming out the door. George was hobbling along as best as he could, gripping Ben's arm tightly. Jenny was pushing Oliver out behind him, laptop set in her brother's lap.

Miranda turned back to the front and charged down the stairs, all trace of infirmity gone. When she reached the door at the bottom and went to turn the knob, she felt the metal crunch in her grip. Steady, can't lose control of yourself old girl. Taking a deep breath, she pushed the door open to see what was going on.
Last edited by Buggy on Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one-- the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts." --The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:10 pm
Bloo says...

Nicholas Wright| Boner| Darkeye's Manor| 2:25pm

"Hey Boss-man,” Boner strolled into the manor. His posture erect, and red faced. Darkeyes glanced his way, he was holding up a cell phone, looking angrily at the screen.

“Hello Nick,” he plugged the phone into his super computer like wall. Nick was stumped to how any of the blasted things worked. He just liked a good fight. “I need your assitance. You know the two rookies I enlisted?”

“Yeah, the two little knuckle heads. The ones picking fights where fights don’t need to be,” Nick chuckled to himself. “They are such idiots. I mean I love a good fight. But I’m not stupid enough to go up to a hero and just throw a fight out of nowhere.”

“We are of a different generation,” Darkeyes sighed. “Here, I found out their location. Go find the idiots and beat some sense into them.”

“Can do,” Nick pulls a can from his jacket, letting it wrap around his body. More of the fresh, white bone pushes out of his body, wrapping around the entirety of his back. His height slowly rose, and his slight slump and wheeze disappeared as his body was put into full stance. Boner was here.

Boner turned around and ran for the door, his body was no longer that of a senior citizen, it was one of a powered up thirty year old. The sprinting of a man ready to fight.

2:34pm-Battle Scene

Nick walked up to an exciting scene, to be nice. He felt as if he would have a seizure if he stayed there long enough. Bright, multi colors explosions and blasts flashes every which way. Nick glanced around, two of them were crouched under the table, the idiot rookies, and the other one was a flaming twenty something year old. “…Firefly….” Boner took the stage from there. His arms morphed, one to a sword, the other into a large shield like hammer.

“Hey, Firefly,” Boner slammed his shield-hammer arm right into her fiery bubbled. Sparks flew around him. Firefly glared at him and gave a slight smile. He stabbed at her with his sword arm and the two locked into combat. He blocked her fire balls one at a time, trying to land a hit on the floating beast. It Didn’t take long until their natural elderly bodies began to kick in. Or at least for Boner. He couched and a sprinkle of blood gushered out of his throat.

Firefly took the chance and rolled away from the scene, while Boner doubled over in pain. The two rookies came over from their hiding spots, ready to chase after her. “Stop you idiots.” Boner got up. “don’t bother. You Can’t just pick a fight for nothing. I love it, believe me I do. But be smart. Now then.” Boner turned around. “Get back to Darkeyes. Because either you do, or I got order to kill you guys.” He held up a single bone spike from his arm, making it dance around them. The two of them tensed to attack, but they stopped. The two nodded and followed him back to Darkeyes.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:59 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Sylvester| Willlows Manor| 2:25

Boner came in and didn’t even glance in Sylvester’s direction. Sylvester didn’t much care, his ignorance was palpable and his mere presence made me sick. Sylvester was glad when he left to take care of the two dunce buckets that undeservedly claimed the name of villain.

“You know Carl I haven’t lost my touch yet. I could have easily brought in those silly children,” Sylvester said.

Carl looked up at him doubtfully.

Anger boiled up in Sylvester. Once upon a time he was feared and respected and now he sat in a wheel chair.

Carl pulled up a monitor. “Care to watch?”

Sylvester narrowed his eyes at the monitor and wheeled over reluctantly. Tamara stood in the corner perfectly still like a good pet.

Sylvester watched as Boner confronted Firefly. To his amusement the great and powerful Boner fell to her skills and she escaped. The two children went to follow them but Boner stopped them. Sylvester lost interest at this point. He wheeled back and Tamara came back to stand by his side.

Sylvester wanted to talk about the situation of Wong’s death and now a blatant attack on the city by ditzy sociopathic dogs trapped in the bodies of children. Of course Carl did not want to discuss any of this until Boner came back with the two miscreants. Sylvester hated waiting and kept looking at his pocket watch in hopes that Boner would hurry up and get back.

They finally came in. The two girls came in after Nick.

Finally they could get things accomplished.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:40 pm
Checkup says...

Ben - Stranger - Aerona's Home - 2:36PM

"Shit Ben," I heard George muttered as he tried to loosen up the death grip i had on his arm, "Get a hold of yourself buddy, you need to calm down."

I didn't answer. I was just trying to walk. They were here, quite a few of them from the old days. Oliver and his sister... what was her name? Miranda was in the lead, she was already down the stairs and yanking the door open, heading through without pausing.

FEAR!

The thought rang out of no where, shattering into my head. I chocked, gagged, and doubled over. "Ben? Ben?" George asked as my grasp on his arm slipped and I fell to all fours, heaving. "Is it getting worse?" George asked.

I didn't answer. How could I? This man had helped me through so much. He had been the one to teach me how to use my powers, to manage them so i wasn't some crazy raving lunatic. Hah look how well that worked out, I thought bitterly as I wiped my mouth with my sleeve. Luckily I hadn't eaten much in the past few days so there wasn't much for me to throw up, but the smell was still there.

Kill... Darkeyes.... The thoughts were erratic, and I could only pick up peices of it, but I knew it was coming from down stairs. And I knew I had heard these thought patterns before, or at least this voice. "It's Boner," I whispered, looking up to George, my eyes wide. "He's here with the girls."

"Girls?" George asked, as another bang echoed from downstairs.

I opened my mouth to reply, but a whole slew of thoughts broke through. DarkeyesHey Firefly.... "No, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, just please make it stop!" I whispered, my hand going to my head.

Geroge didn't reply, he just yanked me along, pulling me down the stairs as we entered the main room which was a mess. Miranda was there, all Chromed up, but obviously whatever had left the mess was gone. The room was in ruins though, burn marks everywhere, shattered furniture, and holes in the walls. "This won't be cheap to fix," Oliver muttered as he cast a wary glance around the room.

Miranda looked over to Geroge, her face grim. Darkeyes. The name passed between them, and I could feel the tension grow as George let go of my arm, allowing me to sink to the floor. I slowly sat, pulling my legs in close. The sounds weren't as bad now. I knew these people, had been around them for years. And the thoughts they projected were... easier to handle then others. But it still hurt. The occasional word, or thought that bounced my way.

"Hey Ben," someone softly whispered, and I looked up to see Miranda smiling down at me.

"Hey," I answered back, trying to smile but only managing to wince.

"You haven't been taking those meds the doctor gave you, have you?" she said gently.

"No Miranda, no... they mess me up," I said, shivering slightly as I thought of the doctors. I hated them. Cold rooms, metal tools everywhere. "The meds mess me up, I can't use agility, or teleport right." I shivered again, pulling in tighter as I remembered the last doctor. He had smiled at me, pretending to be sweet before he had stuck that needle in my arm. My screams meant nothing to him, nor did the pain i felt. It mattered to few people. I was just a crazy now. Some raving homeless man that no one gave a rats ass about. "I'm just a crazy..." I muttered, more to myself then anyone else.

"You know the meds help dim the voices," Miranda whispered as she crouched down to my level, and placed her hand on my shoulder. I winced from her touch, more out of fear then anything. It pained her, I could see it on her face, that I would act like this, be like this.

"I'm a crazy," I said again, "Just a crazy."

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:27 pm
ToritheMonster says...

EDIT: i was looking at the wrong page when I posted this...
Last edited by ToritheMonster on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:30 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Guys; 1000 character post rule! Check that little box on the bottom left of your text box.

Reviews: 2
Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:05 pm
Buggy says...

Miranda (Chrome Angel)|Aerona's Home for the Retired|2:40 P.M.

Miranda shook her head and let the chrome plating melt away from her skin. "You're not a crazy," she told Ben. Her voice was still soft, but it had taken on a firm edge. She gave his shoulder a squeeze as her dark eyes searched his face. "Look at me Ben."

Ben tilted his face slightly up. His eyes hidden behind those sunglasses he always wore, but he was definitely looking at her now.

"Just because people on the street think you're just some nut doesn't mean you are one. The voices are bothering you something awful; all of us can see that. I don't like seeing you suffer Ben."

Ben dropped his gaze and mumbled something barely comprehensible under his breath. Miranda was pretty sure she knew what he'd said. She sighed. Poor guy. If he'd only relax and take his medicine, she knew he'd feel so much better. Maybe he was worried about being jumped like Han had; if she was targeted and she didn't have her powers, she didn't know what she'd do.

Then something he'd said earlier jumped to the front of her mind.

"You said something about Boner and some girls with him. What girls were you talking about?"

Oliver (Quick Change)|Aerona's Home for the Retired|2:40 P.M.

Oliver watched as Jenny went to stand beside him. Her face was pale, and she was fidgeting with her wedding band again.

"Yeah, I know," he said grimly. Oliver wheeled forward a bit to examine one of the holes in the wall. "The good news is that this wasn't an assassination attempt by, well, you know."

"Unless he's lost all semblance of competence overnight, yeah." Jenny took her glasses off and rubbed her temples. "But that leaves the question of what exactly happened here." She looked at George. "Any ideas?"

Before he could answer, another voice cut in. "I was hoping you could tell me!"

Oliver turned his chair around. One of the nurses, a pretty young woman with red hair, was gawking around at the damage in bewilderment. "What the hell did you do this time?!"

Oliver realized she was addressing him. He lifted his hands in protest. "Look, Marcy, I've done a lot of things, but do you really think I'd be able to put those holes in the wall? I'd have to have explosives or something!"

"It wasn't him, ma'am, or any of the others," Jenny interjected. "We came down when the bang went off."

Marcy the nurse turned her gaze from Jenny and Oliver to George, eyes wide with astonishment. "Well if you all didn't do it, who did?"
"Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one-- the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts." --The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Razcoon says...

Ea~ (Firefly) | The skies above the city | 3:36PM

For once, I am eternally grateful that I age so slowly. Rather than feeling left behind and as though my days are slower than other peoples', I feel stronger. Boner used to be someone I stayed high and away from, being so strong with such a great power, but I can get away now.

Darkeyes is a horrible, horrible man. I hate him for what he does, and...my own reasons. Anyone who follows him is just as bad. Those girls...Boner came, so does that mean they're new recruits? Darkeyes and more recruits is bad news. At least life won't be so boring now, today was a promise of that.

Flying feels strange after having not done it so long. I used to be able to fly with my eyes wide open, unworried and exhilarated. Right now however, my hair is whipping at my face, and the wind is drying my eyes, giving me a bloodshot-half-closed-eyes effect. I think a bug just hit my face.

Flying really isn't as great as it used to be, now that I'm so accustomed to land. The humans who wish they could fly...it is a wonderful power, but I really don't think they think this through.

Another bug hits my face. I grimace and burn it off. Which gives me an idea.

Grinning, I combust and dive towards the city, no longer flying. When a building gets near, I lift myself back up and breath in the cool air. After doing that, it always tastes so much better.
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:28 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Wisp-

God, I hated Boner. He just had to ruin a good fight. I followed him for a while, seething. I didn't work for him. I worked under Darkeyes, and just barely. I told him what I would do, he didn't tell me. And that idiot Boner couldn't kill me if he tried. Nobody could control me. I turned into a wisp, and he snapped around.
"What are you doing?" he growled at me. If I were a human at the time, I would have grinned. I didn't feel like following him like a dog back to my master. I ruled myself. I morphed into a bubble of water, and dropped onto his head. I dripped off and melted into the ground, his curses and Lightning's squeaks of contained laughter fading behind me. If Darkeyes wanted me, he would contact me himself. In the meantime, I would go and spy.

I spied for my own benefit, really, but I relayed most important information to Darkeyes. I could only be free if the villains kept control of the city. I had been doing the same ting for a while, now. I would wisp through w window, the old heroes' eyes not registering my faint presence. Most people with normal vision couldn't see me easily. I'd turn into a random object that nobody would suspect- a hair, usually. There were plenty of those lying around. I'd just lie there and listen to what they were saying, taking in every word. Once I'd heard what I needed, I'd leave. It was rare that anything of interest came up- it was usually just "My bones are aching" or "I wish I was still as strong as I used to be. Then I'd go and whoop those young villains' asses."

For now, I just lay there as a hair, waiting for someone to come into the room. Perhaps something interesting would come up today.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?
— Obi-Wan Kenobi