z

Young Writers Society

A Teenage Life (DEAD!)

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:48 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Jaqi

It was my turn to snicker. Cheerleader? I was peroxide blond, with crimson in front, not snotty and golden-haired. I picked up my bag and threw myself down against the wall, one knee up and the other leg down.

"Name?"

"Andrew. You are?"

"Jaqiline Polle. I go by Jaqi, so don't think for a second you can call me 'Jaqiline.'"

He nodded, looking miffed. I smiled to myself, ducking my head so he didn't see it. I held up one finger, burped, and let the finger fall. I tried not to crack up at his expression and hugged my bag to myself. I could feel each item in there- a binder, a thick paperback, a pack of gum- oh, yay, gum! I grabbed a stick and popped it in my mouth.

I rubbed a thumb against the spine of the paperback. Jen had let me borrow it, knowing I got bored really easily. Ren was my older sister -she's 24- who takes care of me, and practically has a library set up in her room. I, for one, liked books, but didn't understand her obsession.

Oh well. At least Jen was awesome.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:22 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

Brayden

I soon headed off to my locker to get my books for homeroom but right before i got to my locker i seen this girl, i didnt know her name til i heard Sam say her name, her nick name was kat that was basically all i heard because i banged my head against my locker door "Owww,god that hurt", i thought to myself. Then i got my books and headed to class and luckily for me kat was in my homeroom so i walked up to her "hey Kat," she looked up startled and said, "hello,um who are you?" then i chuckled and said, "sorry if i startled you but im Brayden." I was so astonished by how pretty she was i almost fell over my own foot..that would have been totally embarassing so i just went to my seat and started my work.
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:39 pm
Mizzle says...

-Delilah-

Humming a song to herself, Delilah took a seat in her first class of the day. Classes had to be her least favorite part of school, especially English class. She sighed, and looked around, hoping to see a face of one of her friends. When she saw the three girls whom she hung out with when she wasn't with Jaqi, Sam, Kat, or one of those people, she tried to avoid rolling her eyes.

They were all wearing neon skinny jeans. Could they not even dress like themselves? Did they have to copy everything she did?

"Lilah!" They shrieked, and took the three seats in front of her.

"Hey." Pouting, Lilah faked interest in the lecture and got away from the three as soon as the first class had ended.
She quickly walked out the door, and placed her book in her locker, before drawing out the book she would need for her second class. Delilah didn't mind math class, in fact, she was actually good at it, sometimes. It all depended, though.

In the next class, she sat next to Sam.

Grinning, she squealed, "Sam!"
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

Reviews: 1
Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:48 pm
Fox says...

Sam

I was talking with a group of my friends, not really talking about anything in particular, when the bell rang. The hallway was filled with groans and sighs as we all headed for our first class.

I walked into the room and sighed, Science was my least favorite class. It was so boring, and I was no good at it. The only good thing was that I had some friends in there. Cole and Libby were there, so I sat next to them.

"So, are you guys ready to learn some science?" I asked sarcastically. We laughed together, and I figured this class might not be so bad after all.

"Yay! Science!" Cole said. We all laughed again. Just then, Kat walked into the room. I fell silent, but that only made Cole laugh even more. I watched as she picked a seat near the back of the classroom.

I didn't pay any attention to the lesson, but I was glad when it was over. Everyone rushed out of the room to their lockers. I walked over to mine and noticed Delilah. I hadn't seen her in forever.

"Sam!" she said, putting her arms out in front of her for a hug. I rushed over to her and hugged her.

"Delilah, it's good to see you!" I said with a smile.

"Same with you." she said, she squeezed my arms. "Woah, you're like...buff!" She laughed, and I couldn't help but laugh too. "What happened?!" I glared at her, but she continued to laugh.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

27 Reviews

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:07 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

Brayden

When our 3rd hour class ended i was so relieved,looking at kat with her pretty eyes and nice figure was so...to hard to explain and i thought i was gonna die.
When i went to my locker i stopped by and talked to sam and deliah,"hey sam,hey deliah," they both just looked at me and smiled then said,"hey," so i just kept walking then i went over to see kat because she was standing alone at her locker,"hey,kat how was class?" she then just laughed,"um,it was ok i guess...well ima go to class,BYE!" I slowly walked away full of embarassment, "Why do i have to be so stupid?"I asked myself but no reply. So then i went to the bathroom and fixed my hair because it was in my eyes so i had to fix it so it would stop bein annoying,as i walked out the bathroom i saw Sam again and walked up to him then we just walked to our next class talking about the new girl in school.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:24 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Katrina (Kat)~

I found myself laughing or at least smiling every time I talked to Brayden or Sam. "Fourth hour,math, I think." I mumbled, hoping that I could make it through the day without messing up my schedule. During your fist days at a new school, you kind of have a good excuse about being late, so I took my time.

Looking at my calendar I had received in homeroom, I noticed how many sports and clubs this school had. I folded the papers, and stuffed them in my pocket. Walking down the hall, I saw Sam,Brayden and a girl I haven't yet met all walking together. Room 135 the sign read. Why don't they just label the classes with the subject name, it would be way easier. I thought ,turning into the class, it was nearly empty, so I sat around the back where the teacher directed me.

I pulled out my drawing pad and drew the closest poster, a large gray wolf. The sound of the opening and shutting door startled me, but I didn't look up.

27 Reviews

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:32 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

Brayden

While I was sittin with Sam and Deliah I got up and asked kat what she was drawing..it turns out she was a very good artist so I was thinking about asking her to draw me a picture but I figured that would be to much to ask so I just kept my mouth shut about it."You are a very good artist Katrina...if that is your name," she just smiled and said,"yes my name is katrina but just call me kat and thanks for the compliment," after she told me why she drew that I invited her to come sit with me,sam, and delila,Thankfully she accepted the invitation and i didnt look like a fool like I normally do around the girls I like.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:50 pm
Fox says...

Sam

Brayden walked over to Kat, and I felt a strange wave of anger come over me. I shrugged it off, though, and kept talking to Delilah. I couldn't stop looked over at the two, though. Brayden eventually brought her over to sit with us, and that made me feel a little bit better.

"Hey guys." he said, "You mind if Kat joins us?"

"Of course not." I answered, a little too quickly. She smiled, and took a seat next to Delilah. Brayden sat on her other side, and I began to get angry again, but I didn't say anything. I tried to act like nothing was bothering me, and thankfully nobody asked.

I sighed. "We're halfway through the first day." I said.

"I know." Delilah said with relief. "I can't wait to go home and sleep again. At least it wasn't a completely terrible day."

"At least, not so far." I added. She nodded in agreement.

((Okay, how about we skip to next week or something, and then everybody will know each other so it'll be less...awkward??? Then, the drama can start, if you guys would like it to. Or, we can wait a little bit longer. I don't really care, but right now, we're skipping to Monday, the second week of school.))
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:13 pm
SisterItaly says...

Libby ((let the drama begin ;)))

The car ride was quiet today. Nobody but us four knew why. Because today was the anniversary of mom's death. This day took it's toll on Alex and I the most. Alex was in the car, during the crash, and I was right there when him and mom were pulled out of the car. Her disfigured face forever etched in my mind. I sobbed an bit my lip. Alex, being the stronger one, was able to keep himself together. Derek reach over and rubbed my back. I put my forehead on the window. I refused to cry. People can tell when you've been crying. When we all got out Alex grabbed my arm,
"Try not to hurt anyone today. Punching someone in the face because they ask you what's wrong isn't allowed." He weakly smiled at me.
"Don't, Alex, really. I know you feel bad, and you know I feel bad. Just don't attempt to make me feel better." I pleaded. He nodded and drove off. I begged this would be like last year, and everyone would be smart and stay away from me. The first person to ask me what was wrong was getting a knuckle sandwich.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:41 pm

Jaqi

I looked up from my book the second Libby walked in, face broody and downcast.

"Wha-"

"Don't."

"Okay." I shut my mouth and ran through the choreography in my mind. Run, jump, twist, handstand, curl. Hang, breathe, pull, sweep, tumble back, pirouette.

Fall.

I glanced to make sure everyone's attention was diverted from me and did a quick pirouette, then an arabian leap. I landed on my toes. I smiled; I was getting better already. Miss Howard said I was great, I just needed to be refined. I was getting there.

I put a Sprite with a watermelon lollipop lying across the top next to Libby before waving good bye to everyone and sprinting to dance, snickering as a teacher yelled. I swept into the studio unscathed.

I pressed play on the iHome on the bookshelf. It was still on my song from yesterday; I had spent first period, homeroom, lunch, and half my afterschool time to practice. The dance was for the showcase- where the entire school was almost guaranteed to come. No pressure, especially not because Miss Howard had said I was one of the best dancers I had seen.

With seniors in the room.

To me. A skinny, short, peroxide-blond-and-crimson-haired freshman.

I went through the choreography again. Run, jump, twist, handstand, curl. Hang, breathe, pull, sweep, tumble back, pirouette. Fall. My breath caught as I did the final step, falling on my knees, head dropped, arms splayed.

I had long since given up trying to dance in skinnies- now I came to school in jazz pants, a tee, and dance shoes, like the other dancers did. I changed into normal attire in the bathroom during homeroom. And now, clad in all black and with my hair pulled securely back in a ponytail, I wiped away a stray tear. Doing this routine did that to me.

I had choreographed it about having to hold to people that you knew would only leave you. I knew that feeling well. I was lucky Jay and Lilah still even hung out with me. I didn't know why they did. I was the dorky freshman dancer with the weird hair. They were the sweet and popular Lilah and likable, swoon-worthy Jay, both at least a grade older than me. I was lucky to have even a minute with them, let alone two years.

I shook my head and grabbed a Sprite. I shouldn't question this, I'd jinx it. It was bad enough that Lib was upset, now me? God. Not good. I wiped my eye absentmindedly and stretched a little more as the class filled.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:07 am
SisterItaly says...

Libby

I wanted to kit something. Just one swift punch. Not a locker, I learned my lesson with that. Not a wall, same lesson learned. I could write an angry letter... no, that wouldn't help me. I walked into class. Still bummed out. Mr. Baker knew better then to ask what was wrong. I sat at the back of the room, not usually where I sit, even on this day. I crossed my arms and slumped down in my seat. as people started to file in I flipped through the pages, not really paying attention to what's on the page. I Clenched my one fist, I. NEEDED. TO. HIT. SOMETHING. Someone was standing beside my desk. I looked up. Some idiot who I saw bugging the freshmen the other day.
"Can I help you?" I ask through gritted teeth, I can feel my blood boiling. he pointed towards the desk.
"That's my seat." I stood up, he smirked and turned to sit. I brought my fist up and pounded his jaw. He stumbled back, and I shook my fist. It hurt me but it hurt him more. I smirked, just like Derek showed me. Mr.Baker sighed.
"Elizabeth..." First of all, I hated being called Elizabeth, and second of all, I was in crap!
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

367 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:35 am
Mizzle says...

Delilah:

The first class of the day droned on, and Delilah feigned interest in the lecture. She, honestly, didn't have a clue what the teacher was saying. Her thoughts were otherwise occupied, thinking about the obvious obsession the guys' had with the new girl, Katrina. Or rather, Kat, since the girl hated being called by her real name. Delilah didn't see why; it was a nice name, she'd give it that much.

She also didn't see why everyone was so flippin' obsessed with the girl. It even had Delilah--sweet, innocent, loves-everyone-Delilah--in an irritated fit. Usually she'd been the one all the guys gawked over. It wasn't that she didn't enjoy not having all eyes on her, she could care less about that. But the sudden obsession her best mates had with a girl they barely knew? Heck, she wasn't even that pretty.

Delilah glowered.

She really needed a mango lollipop...before she let her wild side loose in a fit of anger.
✯ ✯ ✯

Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:29 am
Fox says...

Sam

I walked into class and sat down next to Delilah. Something was bugging her, but I knew she wouldn't tell me if I asked. I knew what she needed, so I pulled out a few lollipops from my hoody pocket. I held them all in front of her, and she grabbed the mango. I laughed. She always liked mango, although I couldn't see why. I hated it.

"Thanks." she said, the lollipop in her mouth. I laughed.

"No problem." I said with a smile. Just then, Kat walked in. "I'll be right back." I told Delilah, then walked off to talk to her.

"Hey." I said with a smile. She smiled back.

"Hey." she said.

"Here, let me help you with those books," I said, taking the books from her hand and walking the over to her desk. I set them down, then looked back at her.

"Thanks." she said simply. She wasn't much of a talker, but I kinda liked that. I looked over her should and noticed Delilah glaring towards us. She raised her eyebrows at me, and I looked away. I didn't know what was up with her, but I figured I'd ask her later.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

367 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:39 am
Mizzle says...

Delilah:

It had taken all of her effort not to cry when Sam left her, mango lollipop in her mouth, to go help the new girl carry her books to her desk five steps away. It was sickening, it was brutal, and it hurt Delilah worse than if she'd been shot. Sam was her best friend.

Or was. Kat seemed to have taken over his and Brayden's lives. At least she still had her girl friends. They couldn't obsess over a new girl like a guy could.

The mango lollipop was long since gone, and so was any sign of happiness she'd had when Sam had given it to her. She glowered, dragging her feet to the lunch room.

It was going to be a long day--not just because she was out of mango lollipops.
✯ ✯ ✯

57 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:41 am

Jaqi

I really hated not having classes with my friends.

I mean, I would rather not in dance- I couldn't stand to know they were watching me do arabian leaps and mega-flips- but when I got to lunch, everyone was acting broody, and I didn't. Know. WHY.

I slammed a Sprite down in front of Libby, Lilah and Jay, a few mango lollipops in front of Lilah, and popped open my chocolate milk. I smiled brightly. "So! Are you guys coming to the showcase?"

I got a chorus of grunts. I scowled.

"Guys, this means a lot to me! I'd appreciate it if you showed some interest! I know you aren't in the best mood, bu-"

"Not in the mood, Jaqi."

My jaw fell open, then closed again. I balled my fists under the table and glared at my tray. Tearing up, I poked at my macaroni.

"You know, Jaq, if you're going to mo-"

"What is up with you today?!" I hissed at Libby. She glared.... and... and slapped me. I closed my eyes and lifted my chin. A single tear slipped out, but I ignored it. I picked up my tray with trembling hands and got up, whispering something along the lines of "If you didn't want me around anymore, you could've said so. I have to go."

I threw my tray in the trash. I wasn't hungry. I walked down the hall a good ten yards before breaking into a sprint towards the studio. I whirled in and didn't stop for breath before dancing.

Run, tumble back, fling arms, arch back, run forward. Twist flip, curl, unfold, fall, roll back, lunge, reach.

I collapsed in the middle of the floor, bent over myself on my knees, a hand covering my mouth.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind