z

Young Writers Society

Born From the Earth

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:39 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Sense he can control water, wouldn't that mean he could pull it from the clouds and make it rain? Just asking.

Logan

I smiled at the cross and ring thing. I wasn't big on crosses, but I liked this. I touched it with one finger, feeling the smooth surface. I looked back up at her.

"Thank you," I said at a loss for words. I liked it, it was awesome. "Now, how can I thank you for your gift?" I said, smiling wryly. She laughed, and I made the water behind her move faster, creating the sound of rain. That would be perfect. A gentle breeze began, and I kissed her again, willing the water from the clouds to fall, and they obeyed, soaking everything. I watched as everyone rushed to get out of the rain, but I didn't care. I loved water, and I loved Juliet more than anything else in the world. She knew that, which is why she chose to be near me, even when she knew I was dangerous.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:54 pm
SisterItaly says...

JULIET

I pulled myself up into his kiss. Without him my life is empty, without him my life was empty. I was like a robot, get up, go to school, come home, eat, cry myself to sleep. I hardly had friends, and my parents are, still, almost never home. When they are it's like I don't exist. I loved the water, almost as much as I loved him. I shivered a bit, and he wrapped his arms around me even tighter. I had to go home soon. Even though I didn't want to. We pulled out of the kiss, and I rested my head on his chest. I could hear his steady heartbeat. I closed my eyes and melted into the moment. He might be a bad boy, but he could be so romantic at times.
"I have to go soon." I sighed.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Reviews: 1
Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:04 pm
Fox says...

Seth

We arrived at the water park. It was really loud. We walked over to a bench, and I looked over at Ashi. I could tell something was wrong.

"Are you okay?" I asked her. She looked at me.

"Ya," she said, but I could tell something was up. "It's just, I felt that same weird wave come over me that I felt in the library." I looked around, and figured out what it was. The boy that was in the library was here. There was a girl with him this time, though.

When I looked at the boy, something hit me. I didn't know how I knew, but I thought he was one of Ashi. I hit her shoulder, not taking my eyes off of him.

"What?" she asked, turning towards me.

"It's that boy again." I told her. She looked at him, and shivered. "There's something weird about him."

"I think he's...one of you." I said. She looked at me questioningly for a moment, then her face brightened, like she just figured out the answer to a big puzzle that could save the world. She knew I was right, but I didn't know how it could be. I didn't think there was anyone else like her, but apparently I was wrong.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:25 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Logan

I got that feeling from the library, and my back stiffened. Juliet noticed, and looked up at me. I had to take her home, but I had to know if that girl was here. I looked around for a second before taking her hand and pulling her away from the edge of the water. We walked slowly, but I was in a hurry to get away from here.

"What's wrong?" she asked, looking at me and stepping in my way so I would stop and look at her. She touched my face gently, looking me in the eyes.

"Remember earlier I said something about another one of me?" I asked, continuing when she nodded. "Well, I have that same feeling I had then, and I just know that girl is here." As I spoke, I looked around, spotting her and that boy sitting on the bench we had come from. They were both looking over here at me, fear in their eyes. I still had Jul's hand, and I was squeezing it, and when I realized it, I apologized, letting it go and walking towards the girl, Juliet following.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Reviews: 4
Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:00 pm
FadedHeart says...

Ashi

"What are you doing here?" I asked once the boy got closer. Usually, I wouldn't have been so rude, but being near water made me uneasy.

"Enjoying the water park," he said coolly. The girl beside him was staring at me openly, and it was ticking me off. She needed to put her eyes somewhere else. I felt my palms grown warm, and then hot. A silence followed, everyone getting more anxious by the second.

"It was sunny out earlier, were you here then?" Seth broke the silence.

"We were," the girl said, "but then it started to rain."

"No, really?" I said in my most sarcastic tone, "I had no idea." She really bugged me. Why the heck was she repeating stuff we already knew. Obviously if it wasn't sunny, and it was the middle of May, it would obviously be raining.

Seth put a hand on my shoulder again, and I focused on calming down. Then the boy said, "I like the rain," and I lost it. The tips of my hair lit on fire, and the place my hand had been on the bench melted.
Don't know, don't see, just fade.....

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 pm
Fox says...

Seth

"Ashi, calm down." I said, then I was suddenly on the ground. She had melted the bench beneath us. I stared at the boy.

"What's wrong with you. Just get away. Do you want her to kill someone?" I said angrily. The boy just shrugged, a smug grin on his face.

"Maybe." he said, chuckling. The girl behind her put her arm on his shoulder. She was still looking at Ashi.

"Maybe we should leave now." she said to the boy.

"I agree." I said.

"I think it's okay. It's not like she can do anything to me." the boy said. He was just asking to be burnt. Ashi moved towards him, her fists beginning to catch on fire. I held her back.

"Just leave!" I said.

"C'mon." the girl said. The boy didn't move. This was making me mad, and Ashi too. That was really bad.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:14 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Logan

I wasn't worried. I simply smiled. "What was I saying about others like me, Juliet?" I asked, raising some of the water from the ground and splashing it on her. Yea, I was testing her, and she was getting mad.

"Maybe we should leave, for your sake, Jul." I thought about a fight breaking out right here, and her getting hurt. My smile faded, and I turned, pulling her with me to my bike, giving one last nod to them, then a finger, need I say more, before I sped away.

>Sorry it's short<
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:03 pm
kidashka says...

Haha, yes, she's great :smt003

~Rell~

"We are not going to a Broadway show." I replied insistently as we pulled over to park, mostly trying to block out the sound of Holly gleefully singing some musical tune. Very loudly.

I paused in despair, then shrugged, laughing and joining in tunelessly, making up some of the words as I went, whilst the pair of us attracted some confused stares from passers-by. A triumphant look of 'haha, I knew you would see my way eventually' crossed Holly's face, and she glanced around breezily after we both trailed off with our song, realising we only knew the tune and lyrics of some of the chorus.

Suddenly, it started to rain. Holly grinned again, looking up at the sky to catch raindrops in her mouth. I, on the other hand, hesitated warily. "It shouldn't be raining." I murmured after a pause, and Holly stopped mid-dance to give me a bewildered look.

"What do you mean...? It's just a bit of rain!"

"No, it's not. I-" How to explain? "It's an intuition-type-thing," I attempted lamely. "Airy powers and all that? I am a fantastic weatherman. Buuuuuuut, basically, the air currents, humidity, stuff like that, mean it shouldn't be raining. Not right now, anyway."

Holly didn't seem to be very convinced, one eyebrow raised sceptically. "Do you mean like how cows always know when it's going to rain?"

I stared at her levelly. "If that helps... then yes. I'm secretly a cow."

Her usual grin reappeared on her face, and she reached to pull me into the puddle she was currently splashing around in. "So, there's a bit of unnatural rain. What's the problem?" She stared at me searchingly for some time, before her eyes widened with some apparent realisation. "Do you mean.... you think there's someone else... someone like you?! Controlling it??"

What? That hadn't crossed my mind at all... but now she'd mentioned it... it made complete sense.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

66 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:03 pm
SisterItaly says...

JULIET

We sped off, I was still dazed from what I had saw. Her hands, and her hair! They caught on fire! I yelled so he could hear me through the helmet.
"What was that!" I asked. He shrugged before yelling back.
"I'm not the only on Juls." he said. I wrapped my arms around him tighter, resting my head on his back. I closed my eyes, and we were quiet the rest of the ride. When he pulled up to my house, I was more then shocked to see the lights on. I hopped of and hugged him, he pulled off his helmet and kissed the top of my head.
"I'll see you tomorrow Juls." I smirked.
"Don't get in any fights, I don't have any bail money yet." I highly doubted my parents would give me money to bail him, when they didn't even like him. I walked up to the door as he pulled off. I walked into the kitchen, to see my mom and dad?
"Where have you been?" My dad asked. I was shocked, he talked to me? I looked behind me, nope, no one there. I pointed at myself and my mother snapped.
"Yes you! Where were you?" Well, if you want to play the snark game.
"Like you care!"I snapped, clenching my hands into fists.
"Don't you yell at us young lady! Your nothing but a disappointment. " disappointment. I felt tears hitting my eyes. I turned.
"I've got to go." I said, running off to my room. I heard my mom yell after me.
"I should have gotten that abortion!" I was going to call Logan. I had enough.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:18 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Logan

I was sitting in the old abandon room at an old motel that I called home, watching TV and waiting for the food in the microwave to cook. Yea, this was my home. I always pulled my motorcycle in the room, so that no one who hated me enough would trash it, so it was sitting by the wall. I sighed, plopping down on the old couch. My phone vibrated at the same time the microwave beeped. I looked at the number. Juliet. She didn't call me right after I dropped her off like that unless it was an emergency.

"Jul?" I asked. She sniffled, and answered.

"Yea." Was she crying? I was suddenly tense. What had happened once I left?

"What's wrong baby?" I asked.

"My parents," she said, sobbing again, then she hiccuped and began crying again. I sighed, understanding this. Her parents where ass holes who not only hated me, hated their own daughter. I was ready to run away with her and see if they missed her.

"You want me to come get you?" I asked. I hoped she would say yes, because I would be there in ten minutes at the most.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

66 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:47 pm
SisterItaly says...

JULIET

I nodded my head, then realised he couldn't see me.
"Please, j-just don't come to the door, come to my w-window." I sobbed. I hated calling people while I was crying. People didn't need to hear me cry.
"I'll be there soon, pack some clothes." He said.
"I love you." I sobbed into the phone.
"I love you to. I'll be there soon." He said, before hanging up. I grabbed my backpack and opened my drawers, grabbing random clothes and shoving them in my bag. I grabbed my yellow sundress, Logan loved this one, I made sure to pack that. I wanted him to get here fast. I would have to jump out of the window again. It wouldn't be for fun this time. I snuck out into the hall, walking into the bathroom and grabbing my toothbrush and toothpaste, and a hairbrush. I could hear my parents down the hall.
"Just ignore her, she goes away." My dad was right, I would go away, FAR away. I ran back into my room, locking the door.

The Book.

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:57 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Logan

I sped down the road as usual, only this time, I was going twice the speed I usually went. I only hoped I didn't find a cop. We didn't have bail money. That was usually our little joke to keep me out of trouble, but it was also true. We were working on getting money so that we could buy a house far away from here and live together.

I pulled over to the side of the road, not wanting to go into the yard. I could see her through the window getting everything. When she realized I was there, she smiled slightly and came out, running across the yard, making sure her parents didn't see. I gave her a kiss then a helmet. She put it on, the got on the bike behind me. I took off again, going back to my place.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:29 pm
Kaywiia says...

Holly

"If that helps... then yes. I'm secretly a cow."

"So, there's a bit of unnatural rain. What's the problem? Do you mean.... you think there's someone else... someone like you?! Controlling it??" I jumped up and down at the thought, getting Rell all wet. He stepped out of the puddle.

"Never...again," he said.

"Sorry," I pouted. He gave me a death glare, and I returned with my usual smile. Then, I had an idea, "Maybe there is someone who controls each of the elements. Like a TV show I saw when I was a kid. Maybe, your, like, a superhero or something!"

"Or maybe not," he rolled his eyes, and the brief fun mood he previously had disappeared.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:52 am
Fox says...

Seth

The two sped away. I was relieved when they were finally gone. The nerve of some people! What was wrong with him?!

"Let's go." I said. Ashi was still angry, but her hair and fists weren't on fire anymore. That meant that she was calming down, and that was good. I had to admit that she had a bit of a temper, and it wouldn't help that I was always right next to her. If something went wrong, that was the end for me, and I knew that would make her feel terrible. I couldn't have her living with that guilt.

I stopped thinking about that. I just grabbed Ashi's had and headed for the car. We were silent the whole ride to Ashi's house.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Reviews: 4
Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:34 pm
FadedHeart says...

Ashi

Seth dropped me off at my house. I reached over and gave him a quick hug, then ran into my basement. My parents, or the people I still called mom and dad, put entirely flameproof walls, ceilings and furniture in the basement so I could safely vent whenever I got angry.

And I just let my anger explode. Before long, it looked like a bunch of bombs went off. All the fire swirled around me, burning the air, calming me as I put as much energy as I had into the fire around me. Before long, the fire seemed to take on a life of its own. I was out of control.

I didn't know my mom had opened the door. All the pressure had released, and suddenly, I was standing in a pile of ash. The roof above me collapsed. I acted on instinct, and burned the tumbling objects. When I forced my way out of the rubble, I realized my parents were still in there. I turned around to watch the burning building collapse.

I pulled all the fire off the building, but it was too late. All that was left were a few singed planks of wood and the metal that hadn't burned. Everything was lost because of me. My parents were dead. And it was all my fault. I dropped to my knees. Maybe fire really was evil. I was so destructive, I had never done one good thing with my gift.

If I could have, I would have cried. But because of my fire powers, tears didn't come to my eyes. All I could be was just angry with myself. And the worst part was even the worst of my powers couldn't hurt me. I was fireproof. Unlike my parents.

Dead because of me.
Don't know, don't see, just fade.....

Every empire tells itself and the world that it is unlike all other empires.
— Edward Said