z

Young Writers Society

No Redemption

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:50 am
eldEr says...

SHANAELA MARZ

"Can I help you?" His voice was gentle enough...and he had just saved my life...

I wanted to vomit, my stomach was churning wildly from fear and the pain in my leg was enough to make me want to die. I stared at him for a few moments before releasing the grip I had on my sword and giving a slight nod. He obviously knew who I was. Why in heaven's name was he helping me?

Shanti burst through the trees then, spotting the prince. She growled and ran up to me, snarling at the prince. I stroked her gently and she backed off. I eyed the wolf carefully, he had started returning the growls. I wrapped an arm around Shanti's neck and rested my head on it.

"Hush Grey," prince Garrett ordered before turning back to me. "I can help then?"

I gave another weak nod and squeezed my eyes shut, biting my bottom lip. Raven where are you?

*KING* TORRAN

I sighed. "Shadow? Are you still with me sweetheart?" She had started to zone out, much as she always did. I was concerned for her, but she wouldn't tell me why she did things like that, so I had left well enough alone.

She blinked and looked back up at me, rocking on her feet. "Sorry," she murmered.

I smiled weakly at her. "What have you been up to lately?"
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:59 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Shadow/Princess~

I nodded, wanting some sleep. "What have you been doing at night? Still walking?" He had caught me one night walking, but I hadn't told him anything about the dream. He didn't seem to interested anyway.

"Yes," I answered him. He smiled, touching my shoulder gently.

"Shall we walk?" he asked. I shook my head. "I'm going to the garden to meat someone," I answered. He bowed his head slightly, and I nodded back. He walked off, and I stood there for a moment, then continued walking.

The garden was peaceful this time of day. I touched one of the white roses. I heard someone approach, but I didn't turn.

>Anyone can come in now<
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:17 am
Chupatoasta says...

Prince Garrett~

Garrett gently took her leg, twisting her foot to the side, so the dagger was in plain view. It was deep, but not too deep. Standing up, Garrett took out his skinning knife, the big cat beside the girl instantly letting out a growl. "I'm not going to hurt her," Garrett sighed, walking over to a thin, fallen branch. He quickly dismembered the thin, but sturdy sticks from the sides of it, carving them down until they were the same size. He walked back over, crouching before the girl.

"This is going to hurt." He frowned, looking up at her with honest eyes, full of concern. The girl nodded, and bit her lip, still quiet. "You don't talk much, do you?" He asked, trying to distract her as he took a flask of rum from his back pocket and popped open the top. He felt her shake her head, and quickly, without warning, poured the contents out onto her wound. She make all the motions of screaming, but no sound came out.

Then, Garrett figured it all out. This girl... was mute. While the realization was setting in, and the area around the dagger was numb, Garrett wedged the dagger out, slowly at first, and then quickly as if her flesh was butter. As quick as he pulled it out, Garrett yanked his shirt off, cut in in strips, and wrapped it tightly around her leg to stop the bleeding.

Jaykob~

Jaykob was strolling through the gardens, just enjoying the fact that, as an elite soldier, he could. As he was rounding the corner, near the mulitude of red roses, he saw Shadow, the princess. With a kind smile, he approached. "Enjoying them, are we?" He smiled softly down at her, eyes kind.

*Yeah, so Jaykob's now a soldier!!*
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

384 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:29 am
eldEr says...

SHANAELA

I was breathing heavily, my fingers digging into Shanti's fur. I squeezed my eyes shut as he bandaged my leg. You've been through worse, buck up. I told myself sternly. And I had, arrows in the shoulder, the one time I had received a sword right through my upper arm when I was five. My dad had been furious then, he actually killed the man who had done it.

I bit my lip, warding off the memories. I needed to get out of here... what would happen if he decided we needed to go back to the palace? Or decided that I was nothing but scum after all? What if he was just acting, gaining my trust so I would be easier to handle later? Stop it! I shouted inwardly. Thinking like this would get me nowhere.

I opened my eyes, ashamed of the tears that were forming in them. I looked away quickly, feeling myself blush. I hated crying infront of people. It showed weakness, and showing weakness was something I had rendered a bad thing. I grabbed my notebook and pen, scrawling a quick Thank you across the page and handing it to the prince.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

116 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:40 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Shadow/Princes~

"Yes, I am," I said, smiling up at Jaykub, then looking back at the roses. It was such a nice day. I walked, and he followed. "I love when the sun is out, did you know that?" I asked him. I heard him laugh and I turned to look at him. "I also love it when it rains. Very romantic." I had no clue why I was telling him these things, but I wanted to say something so it wouldn't be awkward, even though I didn't normally talk.

I turned back around and continued walking slowly through the garden.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

23 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:40 am
Chupatoasta says...

Prince Garrett~

Garrett smiled down at the note, folding it up and sticking it in his pocket. "You're welcome, I'm glad I could help, really Shanaela." She seemed appaled that he knew her name, but at the same time, fear was evident in her eyes. "Don't worry, I'm not a criminal hater, unlike many of my people like to believe." He smiled sweetly, standing to his feet.

Grey was whining angrily, ready to go hunting. Garrett shushed him, slightly irritated. "Can you walk?" Garrett asked her, concerned once more.

*short i know, sorry, gotta take my sis to the gas station Dx!! Forsakin, I'll reply AS SOON as I get back!*
George Bernard Shaw

116 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:43 am
ForsakenAngel says...

[That's perfectly fine]
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

384 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:44 pm
eldEr says...

SHANAELA MARZ

Could I walk? Well, I had ran this far with the thing still in my leg... I took a deep breath and nodded, using Shanti's back to push myself to my feet. I took a step and winced. Okay, so maybe I couldn't walk, but what else was I going to do? Sit her until my hunters doubled back and killed me? I didn't doubt the man would carry me if he had to, but no way was I letting him do that.

I sighed, sat back down and shook my head. Please go away. Just leave me alone to die. I begged him silently. Criminal hater or not, he was still a prince, and I still didn't fully trust him.

I grabbed my notebook again and scribbled a quick, Can't walk. I need to find a girl with long, black hair named Raven before they come back. and shoved it at him. Well, that got rid of the whole leaving me to die thing, but at least if he offered help I would have some way to find her.

*KING* TORRAN

I drummed my fingers on the table nervously, waiting for a report. I was seated at the head of the long table in my meeting room, facing the general of the elites. A report this soon was either very good, or very bad.

"We are requesting permission to let ten of our elites rest here while they search the city. Allowing them to stay anywhere but could compromise their safety."

I sighed and stopped drumming, staring intently at the man. "And I'm guessing that you already have these ten men at the palace?"

He nodded, a slight smirk tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Well, I suppose I don't have much of a choice then. The upper east wing is reserved for this sort of thing. Let your men stay there, but please, keep them in place. I understand that some of them can get...cocky."

The general gave a slight bow of his head before leaving the room. I stared after him, shaking my head. That was seriously all I came here for? Well, time to go find my queen.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:39 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Raven
I ran through the forest desperate to find Shanaela something was wrong really really wrong. I ran until I saw Shanti and standing beside him looking shaky as hell was the very person I was looking for. My eyes flicked to the side and I saw Prince Garrett and I froze. Fang creeped up beside me and seeing the prince's pet wolf growled and bared his teeth. "No Fang." I said my voice quiet but full of authority. Fang just sat down and shut his mouth. "Guess we don't have to find you." Garrett said drily. "Obviously." I said coolly. I walked over to Shanaela and asked "What happened?" "I got stabbed in the leg." Shanaela replied. My eye twitched and Fang growled feeling the unspoken hatred I had towards anyone who hurt my friends. I laid a hand on Fangs head and he relaxed and his lips covered his teeth.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:52 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Queen Adola

My husband seemed rather weary as he walked down the hallway towards me. "What was that all about?" I asked, raising my eyebrow towards him but smiling at him in a comforting way all the same.

"Trifle things, unimportant," he said, staring out towards a window thoughtfully. I nodded- he wasn't hiding things from me, he was just thinking. I knew him well enough to know that.

Taleon

Interesting, these two, Keiko and Hunter- weren't those their names? I could use some help with my thievery and they were an obvious choice. But I didn't bring anything up, instead waiting for them to speak.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:13 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Keiko

I hesitated for the fifth time in front of Taleon's door. Hunter rolled his eyes, reached over my shoulder, and knocked for me. A very sleepy Taleon opened the door. "Whasgoinon?" he mumbled. I slapped him across the face. He woke right up.

"We have an... offer to make." Hunter said. I nodded, glaring at a lock of turquoise hair that refused to leave my face.

"Continue."

"We're not your minions, dude." I snapped. I didn't like how he had treated us back when he caught us this morning.

"Sorry."

Hunter rolled his eyes and whispered, "Calm, Twitch." out of the side of his mouth. I grunted.

"Well, our last group sort of..."

"Abandoned us in the middle of the night?" I offered.

"Yeah, that. Well, we were thinking you could join, maybe, 'cause..."

I sighed. Why had I let him talk again? "Because we need someone who's been around longer. I know the city, but you must know it more. And besides that, we have to have someone who'll say they're our brother or something if we get caught." I said. There. Laid it out nice and blunt.

He grinned. "Of course. You can move into my room."

I held up a hand. "You can prove yourself now. There's a jewelry store down the street. It's not necessarily going to be a heist, just a few things. Besides, I haven't stolen in weeks." I called over my shoulder as I walked down the hall. I caught Taleon grinning, and Hunter and I did a triumphant knuckle bump.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:46 pm
SisterItaly says...

hate to ask this but can someone bring me in?
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:12 am
Chupatoasta says...

**Hey guys, I'm sorry, but I won't be on tonight, and I don't have a lot of time so I won't be able to post! I'm sorry! Keep Garrett alive, please, please, please!!!**
George Bernard Shaw

384 Reviews

Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:35 am
eldEr says...

**Garrett shall remain alive. No worries ;)**

SHANAELA MARZ

I swallowed heavily and glanced back at Garrett, then back to Raven. They were both staring--okay, so glaring-- at eachother. I frowned and stuck my hand into the air, a signal for somebody to help me up. I didn't care who at this point, just as long as somebody did.

They both ended up grabbing my hand at the same time, then pulling away and pressumed stare-glaring eachother. I couldn't even tell which it was anymore. Does she think he stabbed me? I sighed loudly and crossed my arms, glaring at both of them in turn.

Raven chuckled. "Sorry Naela." She grabbed my hand and helped me up, carefully supporting me. "What happened?"

I turned around and started mouthing, hoping she would be able to keep up. Chased again. Stabbed in the leg. Princey-poo over here helped me out and now I'm stuck.

She blinked, probably musing at the term princey-poo. As if to answer the question, she started. "Prin-"

Sarcasm. I mouthed quickly, rolling my eyes. She chuckled and let me lean on her slightly.

"You read lips?" Garrett asked.

Raven nodded. "It's a skill you learn when you spend a lot of time around Naela." She suddenly grew concerned again, staring at me intently. "Would you please tell me why you're being chased around all the time?"

I shook my head. She really didn't need to know.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:54 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Keiko

I glanced both ways and started toying with the lock. Up down, between, right... there! I pushed the door open and sighed with relief. Hunter squeezed my shoulder. "Nicely done, Twitch." he whispered before slinking in. I followed and beckoned for Taleon to follow. As he started to regularly walk, I shook my head violently.

"Guards," I mouthed. He nodded and lightened his step. It was nearly impossible to follow Hunter; we had dressed in all black, and his equally dark hair covered any skin I could use as a beacon. I could just make out his outline in the display room. With a pang, I realized that was almost like the last glimpse of Naela I had caught- a dark outline, heading back towards the trees. I wondered if she thought of us nearly as often as I did of her.

I cleared my head of sad thoughts and crept out of the display room. Taleon taped my shoulder and whispered, "You're missing the prize!"

I shook my head. "Stock room. Won't be noticed, we won't get caught. I've used that strategy as long as I can remember, always works." I realized I must be painstakingly obvious in the dark- my black beanie didn't hold all of my turquoise hair, and you could see my skin. I shook away the thought and continued to the stock room door. Hunter ushered me forward, looking down the hall. I fiddled with the lock for half a second and led us through.

Ten minutes later, we sat in Taleon's room, taking inventory. Tal(as I was starting to call him) had done well- he figured out how to hide us perfectly when a late-staying worker had come by, and had stolen nearly half our haul.

"He's a keeper," Hunter had said, to which I had snickered.

He was pretty cool, too, helping us and treating us like his younger siblings. After he told us goodnight, I stayed up, wide awake, for the entire night. I congratulated myself- no flashback nightmares tonight.

But that meant I was left thinking -and worrying- about Naela for a good part of the night.

The worst part?

I was almost certain she had already forgotten us.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Almost all absurdity of conduct rises from the imitation of those whom we cannot resemble.
— Samuel Johnson