Young Writers Society

Project L.I.F.E

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue May 11, 2010 2:20 pm
Rydia says...

Lucas Cordoy; Food and Water; Ability to Build Fire

It was hard to get my thoughts straight when there were so many foreign voices around me. I was Lucas. I knew that much but little else. It was like waking up to find that I had only my clothes and a name badge. Except the name badge was in my head. Or was it? Was I wearing one? Opening my eyes slowly, I looked down and grinned. Nope, no name badge. Whoever I was, I was bloody funny though. Grabbing a handful of my T-shirt, I read it out loud:

"Fat people are hard to kidnap. Dude! That's hilarious!" With a lop-sided grin, I let the material fall and looked down at me. "Too bad I'm not fat because it sure as hell seems like I've been kidnapped." And then I really looked around and felt my eyes go wide. "Dude! You guys have weapons!" I wriggled back and nearly fell over a bag I'd been using as a pillow. Picking it up, I got to my feet and backed off. "I've got a- I've got a-" And I meant to threaten them with whatever I had except it turned out to be a very heavy bag with packets of food and bottles of water. "Nethermind. I just have food and water, how bloody stupid is that?" Grumble, grumble.

Then I had another thought. "Hey... hey, hey! What do I look like, yeah? Someone tell me what I look like?" Was I handsome? Like James Bond handsome, now that was an awesome guy! Hey, wait. Who was this Bond fellow, was that me? Except naw, I was Lucas Cordoy apparently. Oh yeah. Bond. Like on TV Bond? TV being... TV being something really cool. Aw shit. How hard did I bang my head? "I'm Bond by the way. James Bond." Duuuuude! This was so totally cool!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Reviews: 0
Tue May 11, 2010 2:36 pm
MathisSiddel says...

Matthew Hable Bow and arows~ Camo
It was the girl across from me that had screamed. She caught her breath and said, "Your.. your green?!" I opened my eyes and looked down at what seemed to be strange looking grass. It was me. I was not invisible I just had a very realistic grass pattern on my skin and clothes. Then I could almost feel that I could control it in my brain. The same way I could tense my muscles or something. I "let go" of the camouflage and I was back to normal again. I looked up at the girl who was staring with her mouth wide open. "That is pretty weird", I said. "Yeah.....", she whispered. I looked around and saw other people getting up and talking. None had seen my odd moment. The girl was still staring and I wished she would stop!
Just then I saw a kid sit up and say, "Dude! You guys have weapons!". He looked deep in thought. Hey, I said. What is in that bag of yours? Did you say food? I am REALLY hungry! I got up and went over to him.
███████████████!!Story Booker Here!!███████████████

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Tue May 11, 2010 2:47 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

Carissa

"KK" I told Randolyn. Did he really expect me to tell him his real name? He was about to say something when a boy started to go on about Kidnapping fat people. So annoying! He started to ask people what he looked like. I told him he wasn't awesome looking. That infact he was kinda plain. Nothing special about him. This dude was worse than my little brother. Did I have a little brother?
Last edited by ArahniaSiddel on Tue May 11, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue May 11, 2010 3:07 pm
Rydia says...

Lucas Cordoy; Food and Water; Ability to Build Fire

A guy dressed in black was coming toward me. He looked like an assassin, so cool! That was what got me to thinking what I looked like. I knew I was a funny guy because of the t-shirt but I wondered if I had black hair and pale skin like this guy. I sort of hoped not. As cool as it looked, that didn't feel like me. And I wanted to be handsome! He wanted food huh? I shrugged. "Sure, knock yourself out," I told him. I opened the bag and started groping inside.

That was when I questioned how I looked and one of the girls said I wasn't handsome. Awwww. That sort of sucked. "You've got curly hair too!" I told her, "And I think you might have broken your nose. Man! Are we all like secret agents or something?" That must have been what got me to thinking about James Bond. By now, the hungry guy had reached me.

"Bottle of coke and a cheese sandwich okay?" I asked him.

"Anything," the guy said. "I'm so hungry I could even eat you!"

"Please do," said the girl who thought I was plain. Booo! I grinned at her and handed the food over to the assassin dude. Who happened to have a bow and arrows.

"Wow, neat! Can I have one of those arrows? I didn't get a weapon, see." Stabbing people with arrows? So cool! And I thought I saw someone holding a bottle which my over-active imagination decided must be poison. Stabbing things with a poisoned arrow? Oh yeah!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Tue May 11, 2010 3:20 pm
MathisSiddel says...

Matthew Hable Bow and arrows~camo

I was so glad he gave me food. But I was really happy with the sandwich and decided to give him one of my arrows. Here I said handing it over. I think I am going to walk around this clearing while I eat I said. I did not want to talk anymore. I started out going clockwise. The clearing was very strange. It seemed to be a perfect circle. Way to perfect for normal nature. All the others were in the middle. Then I saw a bird flash through the forest. That was the first time I really looked into it.

It seemed almost magical. Not your typical back yard woods. I walked in slowly, and decided to try to camo myself again. I thought about being one with the woods and being unseen. The strange sensation creeped up me just like before. A little faster this time. I looked down and I was gone. I was only able to see myself when I moved. I waved my hand in the air then stopped it over my head. It was still brown like the forest floor but turned sky blue in a few seconds. TO COOL!
Last edited by MathisSiddel on Tue May 11, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

48 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 3:22 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

KK
Food? I could ignore the dude's comments if he had food. Hey I was starving. “See you around” I said limping away from Randolyn. When I got to the loud dude a guy dressed in black was just walking away. I introduced myself. “Hey my name is KK. I will give you a dagger for some of your food. But, only because I feel sorry for you.” He seemed happy with the deal. He HAD to ask for 3 though. After a bit of bartering we settled on two daggers for two bottles of water and half a loaf of bread. I stashed the food in my bag. The word had sure spread quickly people were gathering around. But, Lucas (the loud dude) didn’t give anymore away.
I heard a few names. Fairx, Alexander. .. . There was around 12 of us, mostly between the ages 15 and 12. I hadn’t talked to any other girls yet, but there were a few. I wanted to get away from the crowd so I wondered into the woods. I wished I could climb a tree, but my foot was already throbbing. There was a small pond with a rock in the middle. I walked out shivering as the water reached my knees. I lay on the rock watching the clouds pass by.
Last edited by ArahniaSiddel on Tue May 11, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue May 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Sara
I bit my lip hard enough to draw blood. I sang quietly to myself "Come to me and set me free." To my surprise a raven flew over to me and landed on the ground in front of me. I stared in amazement at it. "Fly away now." I sang experimenting. It flew away and left me with a WTF! expression on my face. I walked into the forest curiousity overruling my caution and I had to admit it it was absolutely gorgeous. I laid on the ground staring at the sky through the leaves it was a very soothing sight and I closed my eyes humming to myself.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Tue May 11, 2010 8:48 pm
foxfire says...

Guys, i preparing my character to go rouge against you guys, is that okay? Maybe to stir some kind of plot

Schera

The footsteps that iw as hearing was not going to us but it was much more random. It wa snot the only one and across us, i heard a lot going to and fro. There must be waking up. I took my knife back inside my robe and excused myself as i went to the forest.

Too bad that they were all awake, i could have gotten some new weapons for a good collection. Oh well, i can always get my weapons in here. VBut there was one thing i was curious, i wonder what i can do.

I found that i cannot ran fast nor i can make ire. I even tried to say and nothing happened. But then i thought to myself...
I walk against the thick forage holding the tree trunks for support. Being blind was never a good thing but at least i can hear very well. That's a good thing. When i found myself touching a lage and thick tree. I took out a knife and pointed its edge into the trunk.
"I wonder," i whispered as i presssed the knife against the trunk. With one shove, the whole tree was split into two and it created a large sound that echoed around the forest. It did not matter if the otehrs heard it or not. I was greatly surprise and well appreciated that this happened.
I grinned as i track downa few good twigs to make use as knives.

Tue May 11, 2010 9:13 pm
MathisSiddel says...

Hey, Foxfire. I was also going to be kinda rouge. I was not going to make any alliances but I could change that. You wanna send me a PM? lol kinda defeats "rouge" but...

Matthew Hable Bow and arrows~camo

Experimenting with my new found power was awesome. The detail of the camo was quite amazing. After awhile I found I could turn it on much faster. I was going back to camp when I saw a girl with what looked like a blind fold on standing in the forest. She was also wearing a flowing green robe. I turned on my camo instantly. It looked like she was carving on a tree with a knife. Then all of a sudden she smashed the blade forward and it split the rather large trunk in two with a huge crack. I guess I am not the only one with powers! She then started to pick up large wood splinters. What is she... She started smoothing one end of the splinters and sharpening the other. Once she was done with one she would tuck it away in her thick robe. I was watching her amazed. When she had finished about five of her wooden knives I shifted my weight very slightly. Her head snapped up and right at me. It seemed as though she was looking right at me despite my camo. How could she see me from behind the blindfold? "Who is there?" she demanded. "Can you see me?"

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Tue May 11, 2010 10:13 pm
foxfire says...

Schera

I slid my foot against the ground and placed one hand inside to get the makeshift knives. I was a bit disappointed that i had just made them and now have to use them. I sigh...

"Who is there," i demanded as i look up. I knew it was in the canopy. the sound was distant and was a mixture of air and leaves. On the ground, that would be unusual for it would be accompanied by the movement of the ground plus the bushes. I was about to pass but i cannot make any risk. Human or not, i don't want to be followed. I took three make-shift knives between my fingers and threw one at the canopy. The top part was blown to piece.
I arch a brow.
I guess i was able to transport my strength to various material but it was not there. No shifting sound was heard but there is still some risk. I prepared the next two.
"That was on purpose.," i demanded as oi concentrated on the sounds to find an almost accurate location, "if anyone is there, come out now! You don't want me to use more of my knives!"
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Tue May 11, 2010 10:21 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

This post was messing up the plot sorry.
Last edited by sunstarfrozenlife on Wed May 12, 2010 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

Tue May 11, 2010 10:35 pm
MathisSiddel says...

She whipped out a dagger and threw it with a huge force. It smashed apart a few branches over my head. and leaves were everywhere. I whipped out my bow and strung an arrow in one swift motion. "That was on purpose." She said sternly "If anyone is there, come out now! You don't want me to use more of my knives!" I wished I had practiced with the bow! I released the arrow slicing right through a part of her robe. The bow was wonderful! The shot did not hurt her but it sent a very clear message. Then I remembered her from the clearing. She was blind wasn't she. "I am also have a power. My clothes, bow, quiver, arrows, and my skin will blend almost perfectly with my surroundings when I want them too. That is why I was confused at first. I thought you could see me. You must have very good hearing." She tilted her head to the side in thought.

Ps Randolyn. I you are talking about when she split the tree right?
Last edited by MathisSiddel on Tue May 11, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Tue May 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Matthis>>Yeah. Ran was wondering why the heck a tree fell down and who did it. ^^

Randolyn

I still wasn't sure if any of us were dangerous or not- it was best to keep on my guard, I thought. This was so confusing... I wasn't sure what was going on. I peered around, wondering where exactly I was... what was going on... I closed my eyes tight and tried to remember the past.
Last edited by sunstarfrozenlife on Wed May 12, 2010 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

48 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 11:13 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

KK
I slip into the water again. I don't want to just sit here. But, as my feet touch the water I feel a tingling in my gut. Pink and green lights flash before my eyes. Someone is humming. There is no time.

I open my eyes. Water. I can't breathe I struggle trying to sit up. I choke then cough up water. I sit for a moment disorientated. What happened? I am sitting in water. Then I realize I had a seizure. I should have taken a pill. I shiver as I stand up. Goose bumps have appeared on my arms. I look around it is going to be dark soon.

My bag is still around my shoulder, but it is soaked. I look inside the water, pills, and daggers are O.K. The bread is useless know though so I toss it into a bush. I pop a pill into my mouth and swallow. Hopefully I won’t have another one. A slight breeze picks up. Now I am freezing. I am about to walk back towards the clearing when I hear a loud CRACK. There is some shouting in more noise. I have to get out of here. Grabbing my bag I head deeper into the forest.

Pretty soon though, my ankle is throbbing again. I gather a few sticks and make a pile. Then I sit, trying to think of a way to light them. I have no idea what to do. I picture the twigs roaring into flames. Some smoke wafts upwards. “That’s weird.” I watch intently for a few minutes and nothing happens. Pretty soon I go back to my fantasies.

I picture the whole forest burning down. Smoke thick trees crashing. I glance up as a small flame appears catching the other twigs. I need to get more wood! I am about to jump up when the flame catches on the dirt. “ This is REALLY weird.” I pile some dirt up around the fire and imagine it burning. Smoke rises from the dirt giving of heat. The fire is already drying off my clothes. Nice.

Random avatar

Tue May 11, 2010 11:14 pm

Randolyn

I turned towards KK, looking at her in amazement. "Woh. How'd you do that?!" I asked.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

You walk into this room at your own risk, because it leads to the future, not a future that will be but one that might be. This is not a new world, it is simply an extension of what began in the old one. It has patterned itself after every dictator who has ever planted the ripping imprint of a boot on the pages of history since the beginning of time. It has refinements, technological advances, and a more sophisticated approach to the destruction of human freedom. But like every one of the super states that preceded it, it has one iron rule: logic is an enemy and truth is a menace.
— Rod Serling