z

Young Writers Society

The Robin Hood Gang 3: A World Joined (Ended)

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:01 pm
Izzy says...

Chris

The plane journey had been long and frustrating. The passenger in the seat next to mine had been visibly relieved when we landed, so that he could escape from the ceaseless tapping of my foot.

As I stepped out the doors of the airport, strange and unfamiliar sights greeted me. The buildings were so different, and the roads were so much wider than the bricked terrace houses and narrow streets of my previous life in London.

And that was what it was now; a previous life, to be forgotten. I was here to find the Fishers, a quest which had filled the last two years of my life. It had taken me miles of travel to several countries to even discover where I could find them, and more than one gun pointed at my face.

As I hitched my ageing rucksack onto my shoulder I thought through my rather incomplete plan. I knew where I could find the Fishers, but the real question was would they accept me? Tales of their ferocity made the butterflies in my stomach stir slightly but I knew I would just have to tough it out, show them that I belonged here.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Reviews: 2
Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:35 am
RedSun says...

Sorry, I have been away.....

Alis

"Jimmy!" I yell, running through the apartment. I yell his name again.

"God, Alis, you are going to burst our eardrums! What do you want?" Jimmy asks, walking downstairs.

"I was just wondering if your up for a little bet."

"Bring it on!"

"Okay. Here's the bet..." I started my little plan, but Riley came downstairs.

"Don't you dare, Alis. You and Reg almost got us all killed last time. No....More..Bets." Her voice rang with athourity. I reached for my gun, but decided it wasn't worth it.

"Alis, congrats, you didn't shoot Riley." Jimmy says.

"Your next." I tell him, and walk upstairs.

"She's not kidding, you know." Ace says. Most of the others laugh.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:52 am
Sins says...

Jimmy

"You're next." Alis said, making her way up the stairs.

"She's not kidding, you know." I hear Ace's voice behind me.

I can't help but laugh, along with a few of the other guys.

I was becoming a lot more comfortable here now. No one seemed to absolutely hate me or anything, not as of yet anyway. I was pretty sure that that was a good thing! Although, the fact that no one could spend a second away from their precious guns still kind of bugged me, but I could cope with it.

Even though I was laughing, part of me wondered if Alis was actually serious. Knowing her, it wouldn't have surprised me.

"It wouldn't surprise me if she wasn't." I smiled. "She does seem to love that gun!"

Ace chuckled slightly before saying. "Yeah, I've noticed."
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

Reviews: 1
Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:01 am
Fox says...

Name: Evelyn Lerrin (Eve)

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Country and Global Location: Canada-North

Languages You Speak: English, French, Spanish, German, Latin, Italian

Which RHG's were You In Before, If Any?: None

Vehicle:http://wikicars.org/images/en/thumb/d/d2/Lexus_IS-F_Ultrasonic_Blue.JPG/450px-Lexus_IS-F_Ultrasonic_Blue.JPG

Personality: Smart, Sweet, Clever, Sneaky, Doesn't like when people mess around, Perfectionist.

History: Her life was simple, she got up in the morning, ate, and then studied. That was all her parents wanted her to be, a genius. Before she was ten she was fluent in three languages and could read Latin. When she was fifteen, she ran away. She was captured by a gang member, and they fell in love. Then things turned for the worse when he was shot. She went to America then, hopeful for a new life. She hopes to put her genius to use.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes books, writing, fruits, and animals. Dislikes stupid people, lazy people, and chocolate.

Up for love: No. (With her luck, she'll fall in love, and then he will get pushed off a cliff....or shot...or pushed into a vat of lava.... something like that)

Other: n/a
Last edited by Fox on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:23 am, edited 10 times in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:17 am
Fox says...

Evelyn (Eve)

I was walking around the airport, wondering where River Street was. I looked around and saw a girl standing near me, so I decided to ask her.

Tapping her shoulder, I asked, "Could you tell me which direction to go to get to River Street?"

The girl seemed a little bit hesitant to answer me, but she finally replied, "Why?"

I didn't understand why it mattered, but I really needed her to tell me, so I decided maybe I should. "I'm visiting some...friends." I said.

She seemed to loosen up a little bit, but was still quiet when she spoke to me. "The Fishers?" she asked me.

"Ya."

"I'll show you where they are." She said with a wave of her hand, motioning me to follow her. She led me out of the airport.
Last edited by Fox on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Reviews: 4
Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:24 am
MayApple says...

Maitea

Two girls walked in the door. I looked them over.

"Mitch, are these yours?" I ask him.

"One of them." He responded.

"And the other?"

"Maybe a friend."

"Who r' you?" Reg asks, walking in.

"I'm Eve." She said. She looks like she hasn't picked up a gun in her entire life. She looks over all of our weapons. I put mine down.

"My name is Chris." The other girl says.

"Well, I am Maitea, this is Reg, Mitch, Ace and Bree. Riley and the otehrs should be somewhere around here..." I say.

"Riles!" Reg yells. She comes down the stairs.

"Oh, these are friends of yours?" She asks Mitch.

"One of them." He replies again.
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:56 am
RedSun says...

Alis

"One of them." Mitch says.

"One what?" I demand, coming downstairs.

"And she's back..." Ace sighs. I give him and evil glare. There are two girls standing in the doorway.

"What are these?" I ask Riley.

"New members." She replies.

"Ah, newbies, lovely." I say, my lips curving into a smile.

"Gimme your gun." Reg says.

"In your dreams. I won't shoot them without a reason." I say. One of the new girls eyes widen.

"Your first, chica." I tell her.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:24 am
Fox says...

Eve

I looked up at the gun on my forhead, and my eyebrows went up. The girl was tough, but, surprisingly, she didn't scare me. I wasn't going to let her know that, though. Sometimes it's best just to let people like that think what they want to think. I moved my hand up and pushed the gun off of my forehead.

"Nice to meet you, too." I said with a chuckle.

Alis turned to Riley. "Can I kill her now?" she asked.

"No."

"Leave 'er be." Reg said to Alis.

"What I nice welcome." I said under my breath.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:14 pm
Izzy says...

Chris

As I watched what seemed like some kind of initiation test, I looked at the girl, Alis carefully. Some people used guns to mask cowardice but I could see this girl would not hesitate to use it. However, I also knew that the only way I would be accepted was to brave the cold barrel of the gun without flinching. So when the girl's glare switched to me, I held her eyes and fought the tremors in my hands which threatened to give away my fear. She seemed to look right into me, and whatever she saw must have satisfied her, because the gun slowly lowered.

"That was a warmer welcome than I was expecting," I grinned.

"Do you two know eachother?" asked the one called Mitch.

"Not really, we met at the airport, I've been searching for you guys for years".
Last edited by Izzy on Sat May 01, 2010 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:36 pm
RedSun says...

Alis

"Not really, we met at the airport, I've been searching for you guys for years." Chris said.

"Wait, if you have been searching for years, how long has the been after us?" I ask. I turn to look at Max.

"Tell us everything you know, now!" I hiss at him.

"Look, they have only been on you guys in the last year." Max said, he took a step back.

"How have you been looking for us for years then?" Maitea asked Chris.

"It is a long story." She replies.

"Oh, I have a better idea, why don't we find out how you can be useful to us." I tell the two new girls.

"Are either of you fighters?" Ace asked. Chris raised her hand.

"Lets see how good you are." I say, in barley a whisper. I crouch, ready to spring.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:23 pm
Fox says...

Eve

I watched as Alis was about to pounce. Even if Chris was a good fighter, I didn't think she could handle her. I didn't know what to do! For all I knew, this was some kind of test. I didn't want to mess it up for Chris. But I didn't know these people. They could be thinking anything. I panicked.

"Stop!" I shouted. I stepped in front of Chris. "What the crap are you doing that for? She'll know if she's a good fighter. All you have to do is ask!"

Alis glared at me. I could figure this was going to happen. She turned to me and jumped at me, but I knew what to do. I moved out of the way as fast as I could just as she was about to hit me. I thought I wasn't going to make it, but I did...just barely. I took a quick jab at a pressure point near her neck.

She staggered back, then looked at me with a surprised expression. I didn't understand what I had done wrong.

"What the...!" She exclaimed. She collapsed on the floor. I was pleased with myself, but I helped her up.

"I guess I hit it harder than I needed to." I said sheepishly.

Chris looked at me with a 'thank you' smile and gave me a high five. I still didn't get why Alis was so surprised.

Ace came down the stairs, looked at Alis, and said, "Sweet, you killed her!"
Last edited by Fox on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:23 pm
BenFranks says...

Reg Carter

I walked back into the hall where everyone was still standing, at first I was bemused at how they'd not thought of actually coming in and relaxing but instead decided to get off on the wrong foot with Alis, despite the fact she'd clearly asked for it. I wondered in amongst them all and scowled at the new people, but mostly at Alis for practically making herself look a bit like a fool. Eve grinned at me as if she'd had a new lease of confidence from taking down Alis. I merely winked.

"Good goin', Alis," I snarled.

"You want to try, Reg? You won't be as quick as this girl," protested Alis.

"Ha," I growled, looking her deep in her eyes, "Don't pull none of that with me, Alis."

I knew at this point she'd make her move, but just before she did, I took out my gun and shot twice, the bullets pounded right past her ear. If she'd moved any quicker she would've been dead. The whole hall was in shock and Riley was somewhat speechless. Alis was frozen and the new two were gob-smacked, with Eve's face gone from confident to white washed and scared. I holstered the gun and staggered into the kitchen.

"Let's move on shall we," I grunted back at them.

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:22 pm
Vanadis says...

Ace

"Sweet, you killed her," I spat sarcastically before disappearing into the kitchen to attempt yet another batch of veggie fried rice. Because every time I tried to make it, someone had to start some sort of drama that prevented me from eating it. Well, if that happened again, I was going to freaking kill someone.

Reg came in, and I hovered over the pot of boiling rice. He was murmuring something, and I looked up.

"Newbies and Alis, right?" I asked, stirring my veggies. "She's...urgh. I don't even know. I used to like her okay, you know? And now...I just want to kick her in the face."

For some reason, I was angrier than usual. I kept pulling more and more to myself--away from nearly everyone, even Maitea, to a degree. The truth was that I was really afraid.
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:59 am
Kaywiia says...

Sorry, I have been in California....

Bree

"How's everyone doing?" I ask, walking into the kitchen.

"Fine." Ace says, jabbing the rice with his spoon.

"What did that poor batch of rice ever do to you?" I ask him. He smiles a little.

"They seem nice 'nough." Reg says.

"The new girls, yeah, but the one who knocked out Alis looks like she isn't much of a fighter. It would be nice to know what she can do." I say.

"She sounds like she's from canada."

"Maybe she can help with plans and stuff, because we need a brain or two around here."

"Yeah, the lets-just-grab-our-guns-and-wing-it-plan doesn't work sometimes." Ace laughs.

Max comes in, "What do you think of the new girls?"

"We'll see." Reg says.

Riley

"So, besides knocking out my best fighter, what are you good at?" I ask Eve.

"Plans, reading, plans...." She seems a little nervous.

"Besides Alis, none of us will hurt you." I promise her. I turn to the other girl, Chris, "And you?"

"I'm strong." She shrugs. Another fighter, then.

"Max, Jimmy, why don't you check her abilities. Just get in offensive position, where you could hurt her, but don't. Go one at a time, two if she prevails over you by yourselves." I tell them, they both nod, and go outside.

"And you, how good are you at memorazation?" I turn to Eve.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:03 pm
Fox says...

Eve

I didn't really like all the attention I had brought on myself for what I did to Alis. I wasn't actually trying to hurt her, I just wanted to defend myself. I had a feeling she was going to hold this over me for a long time.

"And you, how good are you at memorization?" The girl names Riley asked me (I was never really introduced to her, so I didn't know for sure what her name was. I thought I remembered someone calling her that).

I smiled shyly. "My brain is my best weapon," I said, "so, yes. Memorizing isn't my strongest subject, but I'm fairly good at it.

I heard people mentioning 'the new girls' in the kitchen. I wondered if it was always like this when new people joined the group. Even if it wasn't, they'd warm up to me eventually.

Alis got up from the floor and glared at me. Even though she didn't scare me, I wouldn't put it past her to do something to me. Wanting to break the gaze between Alis and me, I looked back at Riley. "Why do you ask?" I asked her.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Beware of advice—even this.
— Carl Sandburg