z

Young Writers Society

Dragon Riders

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:55 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Eighth September

I woke up on Phobos's back,imprints of his scales temporarily tattooed on my cheek. My parent's castle loomed over us, and I thought of my warm bed there. Was it still there? Had they kept my room all these years? It didn't matter. Soon, nothing in the castle would matter. I had dozed while Phobos had flown here, knowing I would need sleep for the task that lay ahead. Tonight, my father would die.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:23 am
LovelessSummer says...

Natas Dane (Bad guy! Rawr!):
I landed on the camp site and shook out my hair. After petting Shadow and sending him off to eat with the other dragons, I walked with Alice to the café.
" Natas, when are we setting off into the Land of the Sharlohw?" I grabbed and tray and sat down next to Toser.
" Tonight," I said sternly," as soon as the sun descends below the mountains." Alice nodded and shoved a spponful of oatmeal into her mouth.
" And if we stumble upon enemy troops," Toser added. I scoffed and fliped hair out of my face.
" We take them out! Were much stronger than they are."
" But they outnumber us by far," Alice said between chews.
" We'll find a way. Our magic is far more powerful than theirs, why I could just get Shadow to breath on them and they'd be running with fear." Toser laughed and shook his head. Something missing, I thought suddeny. I looked around and stood up.
" Has anyone seen Eight September this morning?" Toser shook his head.
" She flew away sometime last night, I haven't seen her since then." I growled low in my throat and scratched my head.
" Did she mention where she was headed?" Alice stood up and put her tray away, taking mine with her.
" No, but she was mumbling something about her parents all yesterday. Her home, her past life, that type of stuff." I groaned started towards the door.
" Mount your dragons, we have to stop Eight."
Last edited by LovelessSummer on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:26 am
Apple says...

Aster~

I laughed; Rogue hit my back with his head almost cutting into my skin. I hated when he did that. I rubbed my back feeling a bruise already beginning to form.
I looked around for Kallo's dragon, “Where is your dragon than?”

Kallo shrugged, “Trust me if I knew I wouldn’t be just standing here.”
I blinked away to see a falcon swoop down onto of the rocks. It’s golden eyes were flecked with a green colour.

“It’s a falcon” I awed, I loved falcons! I began to walk towards it my mouth wide open. Kallo grabbed onto my arm pulling me back. In an explosion of water, a slender blue dragon exploded from the water clamping its large jaws around the falcon.
I spy!

351 Reviews

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:19 am
ToritheMonster says...

(Just so you guys know... September is Eighth's last name)

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:45 am
Billy says...

Adaer

Sitting on the edge of one of the many cliffs in the area used by the academy, Adaer was able to see just about everything. Far beyond him, he could see a pair of figures standing on another cliff, ostensibly talking to each other. A dragon stood just behind one of them, and, moments later, a second dragon burst out of the waters, snapping something up in its jaws and settling onto the rocks.

Adaer was left with no doubt in his mind as to who that had been. Kallo never was able to keep a good hold on Avena. He turned his eyes to the horizon, smiling at the sight of storm clouds rolling through the sky, and not too distant, either.

Several high-pitched whistles caught his attention, and he looked up to see Lupria circling above him. She'd seen another dragon, a friend, apparently. He beckoned quickly, and she swooped down beside him, kicking up a shower of dust and gravel. Swinging himself on to her neck, he patted her, and she launched herself in the direction of the forest.

They circled low over it, and Adaer could feel his dragon's sudden anxiety. She could no longer see any sign of movement from the other dragon. Could they have been hurt? Adaer caught a flicker of movement out of the corner of his eye, and a second later, Lupria responded, battering through the canopy nearby like a rogue cannonball. As she skidded to a stop, Adaer leaned to one side, seeing who it was. Bree and Nuk stood there, Bree looking a little irritated - probably because they had just dropped in without announcing they weren't a threat. He grinned nonetheless, "Good morning!"

Toser

"Mount your dragons, we have to stop Eighth." Natas announced, walking towards where Shadow rested.

Toser scowled at his back, the order had been so abrupt and commanding that it sent caused hateful thoughts to run amok in Toser's mind. He walked to Malachite, laying a hand on the dragon's side for a moment. He looked back over his shoulder at Natas and Alice, weighing them up in his mind, their strengths and weaknesses, those of their dragons.

Would it really be better to take Eighth's side in this battle, Toser? Malachite asked, thoughts shared only between them, If you do not, victory is assured. If you do, less so. There will be better opportunities to establish ourselves ahead of the others.

Toser nodded, I was just thinking the same thing. But would not Eighth be a powerful ally? No matter. I'm sure something perfect will come to mind shortly. He pulled himself onto Malachite's neck, considering every possible factor. It did not, however, look as though there could be a neutral side in this conflict. Alice was unquestioningly loyal to the king, and Eighth, if Natas had guessed correctly, intended to kill him.

He grunted as Malachite shot upwards. Well, at the very least, he would make sure that Alice could not kill Eighth.
He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt. - Yossarian, Catch-22

Wide-eyed stupid.

If you're gonna rule the world, you've gotta get up early! - Joel S. Dickens

351 Reviews

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:49 am
ToritheMonster says...

*Question: I'm a royal enemy. Am I in charge of anybody? Well, If I'm a princess, of course I am.... And I forget, is Alice evil? Cuz if she is, wouldn't she have the same intentions as me...? Hrrm. Is there a DT I can take this to?*

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:05 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Brystianne

"For goodness sake Adaer!" Bree said, angrily. "You scared me to death. Nuk too! We were worried you were an enemy."

Adaer shrugged sheepishly. "Sorry. Wasn't thinking," he grinned.

Bree took a deep breath and let her irratation ebb away. She was glad, mostly, that it hadn't been an enemy. That would have been bad news. Plus, both Nuk and Bree could feel that a good size storm was coming up this evening. That put them both in a good mood.

Adaer looked at Nuk. Nuk was casting him a glare every now and then. He, apparently, hadn't forgave him as easily as Bree had. Bree stroked Nukpano's long, thin neck. Nuk closed his eyes, and gently placed his snout to her cheek. Bree grinned. This was Nuk's and her own way of forgiving each other without letting everyone else know.

"Let's go for a fly!" Bree said to both Adaer and Lupria. "The storm should be here soon anyway. I know you can feel it. It's going to be a good one!"
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:37 am
ScarlettFire says...

Zara:

I sat on the cliff watching my dragon twirl around in midair and sighed. It was going to be a long day.

Roshan was too busy chasing birds to notice my foul mood...

**Sorry, it's short...**
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:28 pm
Dragonet says...

Oh and by the way, I'll be a good guy.

ps. sorry for not posting my profile yet, I've been kinda sick and busy with Easter.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:34 pm
ScarlettFire says...

That's okay. I haven't been feeling too good lately either... And it's not from too much chocolate.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:57 pm
Kelcia says...

Manarian and Reitsprea

Manarian considered the situation. If he made his move now, he could easily be overwhelmed. So instead he moved with caution, skirting the opponent’s attacks. Finding his opening at last, he moved swiftly and without hesitation.

“Check,” he said, flicking the white chess piece over. Reitsprea chuckled from across the table.

“A fine game,” she said, moving the pieces back into place. “I didn’t see what you were doing. Very clever, my friend.” Manarian smiled. That is to say, one corner of his mouth went up.

“It was a simple matter to make a distraction in the front. What was harder was keeping you from reading my plan out of my mind.” She winked lazily at him.

“I must take every advantage I can get,” she said. Suddenly, her attention was caught by something over Manarian’s shoulder. “It looks like a storm,” she said. “And some young ones are out flying, almost into the clouds.” Manarian felt no need to look around.

“It’s probably only the storm dragons,” he said unconcernedly. Reitsprea shrugged and began a new game.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:08 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Can the dragons take human form?? I mean, how else would she be playing chess...

I'll be posting more for Zara and Roshan later...

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:13 pm
Kelcia says...

They were outside, and she was moving pieces with her claw.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:21 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Okay. *nods* I get it.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:29 pm
kidashka says...

ScarlettFire, is your person on the same cliff as me and apple? I'm gonna pretend that they are, but tell me and i'll delete the last paragraph if they aren't supposed to be there =]

Kallo

Right, so there she was. I narrowed my eyes, making a mental note to put some kind of tracker on her when we got back. Avena landed on the cliff after jumping, the falcon caught in her mouth and still struggling slightly. She gave it an affronted look before clamping her jaw down further. The struggles abruptly stopped.
I cast a swift look at Aster. She was giving the falcon a crestfallen expression - I got the impression she'd rather not have it be eaten in front of her.
Avena settled down on the cliff, stretching out so her tail flopped lazily over the edge.
I glowered. "Finished eating now?"
This was answered with a defiant 'chomp' onto the falcon. I decided to take that as a firm no.
I turned back to Aster. "...this is my dragon, Avena. Tadaaa." This statement was accompanied by jazz hands, naturally.
Aster stared. "Rogue," she gestured backwards, and I gave her huge silver dragon a wary glance. That thing looked like it could eat me up in a second.
There was a somewhat awkward silence filled only by the sound of Avena eating, and I let my gaze wander all around the cliff's edge fondly.
Hang on.
There was someone else on the cliff? I squinted. Someone with really red hair, if my eyesight was correct. "Hey," I called out, "is someone there?"
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

Surround yourself with people who are serious about being writers, and who will tell you, ‘Hey—you can do better than this.’ Who will be critical of your work, but also supportive. And who will not be competitive in a negative way.
— Isabel Quintero