z

Young Writers Society

Hiding

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:59 pm
kidashka says...

Kaya

Woah. There was no way anyone could talk that fast and not be on drugs. I raised an eyebrow, turning to the younger kid. "Are you... feeling alright?"
He nodded enthusiastically and I smiled back half-heartedly. "I'll take your word on it."
I turned back to the girl. She was still crounched down, her eyes alert and wary. I briefly considered asking after her sanity aswell, but my memory of the black cat quickly dispersed this idea. I really didn't feel like getting torn apart just yet.
Anyway, how come I didn't get cool animal-transformy powers? They seemed pretty cool. I glanced at the older boy momentarily, wondering if he had some kind of awesome power along those lines.
Tearing myself from this random and pointless train of thought, I looked back at the girl. "I ... don't actually know what your name is." I pointed out with a hint of shame. "I don't remember much. There was the place. That's all I know." A brief glance at the three of them, then I shrugged. "I don't recognise any of you."
A frown at... Zane ...? "But you remember me? Do you remember before it?" A trace of excitement had entered my voice, which I didn't bother to conceal. If they could all remember, there was a chance that I could too.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:12 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Sable(Kiera):

I straightened up and went back to leaning against the tree.

"What I remeber," I said, examining my nails. "I want to forget."

Kaya looked disappointed for a moment. I looked up and grinned at her.

"But I do remember you," I said and pushed away from the tree. The new kid, Alex had claimed a seat under a different tree while Zane stood awkwardly in the middle of the small clearing.

Kaya looked uncomfortable for a moment. I tapped my nose.

"Hard to mistake that smell," I commented, stretching again. "You smell like metal and plastic, just a little."
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:52 pm
Todaiking says...

Looking at them fuss, I say allowed "So wasn't I being interrogated by you the fast one? Well I'll answer these questions now..."
A awkward silence is illuminated over me while they are talking to each other.
Trying to get some attention from them I say "Hello I know that you guys are experiments and you don't care?"
Zane looks toward me and says "Shut up you know you wouldn't tell."
I sit quietly and say "This is why I hate the guys in my class."
Sitting being still I watch and observe these guys."

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:27 pm
View Likes
LovelessSummer says...

Zane-
I let out a frustrated sigh and ruffled my hair nervosly.
" Guys, it's getting close to twelve," I raised into the air a bit," we should get going." The rest looked doubtful but got prepared for the journey anyway.
" Alex," the new kid looked up at me," how'd you get here anyway?" He shrugged.
" I walked." We all groaned.
" Anyone want to carry him?" Kiera took off before I could finsh my sentence and Kaya just shook her head.
" I'm not strong enough," she complained before leaving. I sighed and lowered myself down to the ground.
" Well, climb on," he stood there for a few moments before climbing on my back. " Don't crush my wings," I warned. He just scoffed.
It took me a while to get accoustumed to the extra wait, but we were air bourn and school bound in no time.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:13 pm
kidashka says...

Kaya

I groaned at the journey back, once again envying the crazy running powers as I watched Kiera sprint off into the distance. Still, I could make a slow jog, right? Making my way across the grass, my eyes widened as I saw a figure flying across the lawn. My jaw dropped. No way. A bird hybrid?! Seriously. Permanent internet connectivity = whatever. Personal pair of wings = WOW.
Kiera raised her eyebrows as I finally caught up with her at the entrance to the building. "Took you long enough," she mocked, grinning, and I gave her a joking glare.
"Not everybody can run that fast. Some of us only have measly little human legs."
A silence descended as we walked into the school, and a thought came to me. "Hey," I started, and Kiera turned curiously. She was even walking faster than me, and I ran forward a bit to catch up before continuing. "When you said I smelt like metal and plastic, what did you mean? Like, crazily so?" I sniffed my arm suspiciously. It smelt pretty normal to me.
Kiera shrugged. "You just do," she replied simply, not leaving me any the more reasssured. A slight frown darted across my features, and I mulled over this for a moment.
"Where'd the other two go?" I asked after a while.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:47 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Hey...Can I join? Is there a space for an experiment?

Name: Jason Damico
Role: (Experiment, Person, Scientist, Govenment Agent): Experiment
Apperance: Jet black hair and an olive skin tone. He's pretty tall, too. His eyes change colors though. He also has a scar along his chest from the experiment
Personality: He's sweet but he is always wary of people. Jason is funny and he loves to make people smile.
Power:(only if Experiment): Jason can control the elements. His eyes change colors with what element he uses so he wears contacts - Emerald green for earth, a clear gray for wind, an aqua for water, and scarlet for fire.
History: He was experimented on and now that he's free he has trouble trusting people.
Habits: When he gets riled up he accidently uses fire. He also likes to meditate and do karate
Other: Up for love I guess
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:49 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jason:

I was used to hiding out in the woods. But I had heard that other experiments were at some school thing so I joined. With my contacts in I headed towards the school. I hadn't talked to anyone in a while. I wonder what this is going to be like...
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 2
Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:53 pm
KinetaAlettaThyra says...

~*Silver*~

I sat up, from deep sleep to immediate alertness, looking around me. It was starting to get dark. I sighed, I got to stop sleeping during the day. I rubbed my forehead. I looked at my watch. 9th period would start soon. I stood up and jumped off the branch I was on. Free-falling for a while, I snapped out my wings two thirds down, immediately soaring upward. For a few minutes, I soared freely, enjoying the feeling.
Eventually I flew back to the school, making sure no one saw. I landed on the roof, hittin' the ground runnin'. I eventually triped, doing a face plant in the brick. I sat up and put my hand to my face. When I pulled away, there were small splotches. of blood. I sighed again. I found the door down from the roof, and went down the stairs. When I got to another door on the top floor, I peeked out and saw no one. I went out the door and casually walked down the hallway. After a while, the second bell rang which ment everyone sould be in thier 9th period classes. I started running. That's it! Just around this corner and,.. *Crash* I crashed into somebody else. I fell to the floor, my backpack sliding toward my left. Owwww. I looked at the guy who I bumped into. He had black hair and was rubbing his head. Did I know this guy?
Curiosity killed the cat,
But Satisfaction brought it back! :D
If that never happened,
How do you think I'm still here? ;)

Everyone has a right to be Stupid
but that doesn't mean you should abuse the privilege!

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:06 pm
Howler says...

Jack

I made it to the school and parked near the gate. I didn't want to try sneaking and risk getting spotted, because it would look far more suspicious than walking in with a warrant. If they spotted me, I'd lose the kids for sure, but if I hid in plain site, I'd be able to hide behind a bit of a story.

I hadn't really worked that story out yet, but I tried when I talked with the Dean of the school. He was a nice guy, and he didn't ask much. I told him that I had the warrant to search for a number of runaway kids, and he let me go instantly. He probably didn't want any runaways in his school, for reputation's sake.

I walked out of the office and down the empty halls. A few of the classes already started. I heard footsteps coming from the hallway behind me as I turned a corner. Then somebody just ran right into me. She knocked herself to her back.

I looked at her face, and it came to me in an instant who she was. I opened my wallet, where I kept the pictures of the experiments, and compared one to her face. It was it. I found an experiment, and I didn't even have to try.

I rock.

I know I couldn't ever be 100%, but this wasn't my daughter. Far brighter hair than me or my wife, or our son for that matter. She grabbed her bag and tried to get up, not looking at me. I put my hand on top of her hair and she looked up.

"Excuse me", I started, "Is your name...", I looked at the fake ID of this person, "Anne Gin?"

She was nervous for a moment, and then said "Yes...why?"

"Because if you are, you need to come with me"
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

143 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:28 pm
LovelessSummer says...

Zane-
I stopped in front of the school with Alex clinging to my back for his life.
" You can let go now," I laughed. He stepped off, still a bit shaky.
" Remind me never to do that again," he mumbled. " And was the upside down flying really needed?"
" Nope," I smiled. The bell rang and I took off towards my dorm room. finding a quick shirt to put on before heading to the lunchroom. I sat at the table with Kiera, Kaya, and Alex.
" Ello everyone."
" What took you two so long," Kaya asked while poking something on her plate.
" Someone," Alex hissed," decided it would be fun to take a few rounds around the forest...upside down." Kiera stiffled a laugh and Kaya smiled.
" Guilty as charged." Someone kicked me under the table and I yelped a bit. Alex yawned and stretched towards the ceiling.
" I'm so tired," he grumbled. I took notice of my aching wings and rolled my shoulders.
" Same here, my wings are throbbing."
" My legs hurt," both Kiera and Kaya said at the same time. I smiled and stood up.
" Well, I'm definately not up for the rest of school today. I'm gonna go to the mall," I stood up an threw a wary glance at my plate. " I'd have to remind myself to hit the food court."
" You're just gonna skip," Kaya gasped. I shrugged and fixed my shirt.
" Why not?" Kiera stood up.
" Well," she laughed. " You're not getting away without dragging me along."
" Wouldn't dream of it." I threw a hopeful glance at Kaya and Alex. They just shrugged and stood up.
" Great," I half yelled," let's go."

84 Reviews

Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:07 am
fictionfanatic says...

Jason (fake ID name is Alex Brothers.):

I walked down the hall. It was so strange to be enclosed in walls again. My body wanted to bolt but I refused to give in unless it was absolutly neccisary. I entered the lunch room and some of the kids just stared at me. Again, my brain told me to bolt, the scar across my chest burned insanly but I didn't know why. I looked around and bumped into someone.

She smiled at me. I wasn't used to being with people but I smiled back. She looked at me as if she knew
Live, Love, Laugh

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:15 am
Todaiking says...

Stand with the others at the table I start to walk with the others toward the main entrance were I see Jack. I look at him from a far for a bit and think to myself I think I know him....
I look at Kaya and Keira and say "hey do you know one of them?"
I point at Jack and Anne.
I keep thinking to my self Damn, I can't confront him and let these guys know I used to be part of the government.
I then say before anyone can respond "Hey I think we should go see if those two are having a problem cause it doesn't look like he is supposed to be here."
Suddenly I then here another familiar voice starting to come this way, but who is it?

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:38 am
Howler says...

Jack

Anne...sorry, Silver was her government listed name...was speechless. She was still in shocked, and her face was red. She was crying not too long ago, and it seemed like she was having an emotional hour. That wasn't really too bad of a thing, was it? Made my job a bit easier when they didn't fight back.

We started walking down the halls, and I was bringing her to my SUV. I looked in the corner of my eye to see a crowd of people attempting to sneak behind me. I had them just where I wanted them.

I pushed Silver against the SUV door, and threw handcuffs on her. She started trying to resist now, getting the idea of who I was. I threw her into the backseat, and went to the front seat, grabbing a syringe.

The syringe just had a sedetive, something to make transport a little more easy. As I started putting it to her shoulder, I noticed a large amount of needle marks around. Those lab workers really did a lot of work on some of these kids.

Silver fell unconciouss, and I started driving. I couldn't see any of the kids following me, but I was still pretty sure that they were. I opened the drawer under the passenger seat and sorted through the weapons I had. A few blunt melee weapons, more guns, but I needed to get them all unconcious, and I didn't have enough needles to dose them all with anesthetic. Besides, sanitation was important, especially if one of these kids was my own. I'd knock them out, make my guess of which one is mine, and take the rest out.

I drove about a mile from the school and closed the drawer, taking out two long range tasers. They'd shoot their little wires out and zap anybody who was stupid enough to fly or run at me. I closed the doors and locked it up. I leaned against the SUV and waited.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

143 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:45 am
LovelessSummer says...

Zane-

" Who was that with Anne," I asked. Alex had a freakout look on his face. I looked back towards the car just in time to see handcuffs slapped across her wrist and her body forced into the car.
" Anne!" Kiera screamed. I stared in disbelief as the car sped away. Without giving it another thought, I tore off my shirt and started after the car. A harsh tug on my leg stopped me before I could get air borne well enough.
" Don't follow too close," Alex warned before climbing on. " And, please, not drunk flying." I nodded and took off again.

Reviews: 2
Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:09 am
KinetaAlettaThyra says...

~*Silver*~

I opened my eyes blearily, Barely grasping onto consciousness. I sat up quietly, just barely remembering that this was a hostile area. I realized we were moving, so i figured were were on a vehicle. I saw the driver was the one who bumped into me. I cursed myself in my head for going with him. I never will trust another person out side my friends again.
After a while, I woke up again. Again cursing myself for sleeping. Why do I sleep so much when I'm not doing anything? I guess that was just the way I was made to be. Literally. I then realized the truck stopped. I could do two things. 1) surrender, and believe in the goodness of man and hope they don't kill me, or 2) Fight like I'm fighting for my life And kill as much people in the process. Which do you think I was going to go with?
I silently laid beck, waiting for the perfect opportunity to act. I looked at my shoulder, passing the time by looking at my scars. After a few minutes, I was up to 47 pin marks. when I noticed a new one. What the...? I taped my finger on it, and sniffed the blood. This drug,.. It made me dizzy. Some sort of knock out sedative. He,.. He drugged me. He [i]Drugged me. HE DRUGED ME!![/i] Rage blared up inside of me, and I screamed as loud as my lungs would allow "NOBODY DRUGS ME!" I smashed my fists into the wall, my shackles digging deeper into my wrists, making them bleed but the wall dented. In no time, the wall had a crack that I could fit through, I leaped out snarling at the man. He pointed his gun at me, and shot. It was cought in my shoulder and I screamed through clenched teeth. He stood over me and said "You though little thing. You should know you can't escape me. No be a good thing and stay drugged." breathing heavily, I whispered "NOBODY DRUGS ME" I flipped out my legs and tripped the man. As he got up, i got another one of my terrible head pains. The last thing I remembered was fighting the man fist to fist.
"Ughh" I moaned as I put my hand to my head. Where,... Where am I? I looked around, It looked like a forest. It looked like the deep part of one too. I got up, only to fall off the tall branch I was on. Normally, I would be alert. But, I was drugged. I clenched my teeth. I tried to remember what happened. OK, I was fighting the bad man, and I,.. Kicked his gun away? Ya, I think I did. Um,... Well I obviously escaped. Oh! Ya! I flew here but crashed. The other parts were blurry and fuzzy, but I think he came close to killing me, or was I close to killing him? I forgot. But right now, that did not matter. I had to get back to the others, warn them. Or should I go away? I shrugged, my hands still in shackles. I did a body check. He did quite the damage on me. I walked in the direction away from where I came from, deeper into the forest. It was getting dark, but I couldn't worry about that. I knew nothing for sure, except a two things: That man was evil, pure hate in his eyes, and that I would not run into him any time soon.
Curiosity killed the cat,
But Satisfaction brought it back! :D
If that never happened,
How do you think I'm still here? ;)

Everyone has a right to be Stupid
but that doesn't mean you should abuse the privilege!

The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch