z

Young Writers Society

Hell On Earth

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:52 pm
Threnody says...

Bettina:

I watched from behind the tree. Nate and Rachel had their guns out and Regan was watching in anticipation. This was the kids first real test. We'd seen him wandering around the forest looking for our base. He walked up to the little boy, (Long story) and sank next to him. He noticed he was Chinese and looked like he was having a battle with himself. I saw him finger his pocket where he kept his dagger.

"Don't even breathe." Reagan said slowly. The boy took out his knife and looked at it. I could tell he was considering killing the kid right now. A while later he licked his lips and slid the dagger back into it's sleeve.

"Nee-hao." He said slowly, tripping over the Chinese word. He knelt over him and tried to stop his bleeding.

"Bingo." Reagan said. "We've got our man."
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:06 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Paige:

Okay, I was bored. Why did I have to watch the base anyway? It wasn't like I was drunk...I just had a horrid hangover.

Someone nearby groaned and I looked around. Was that Victoria? I took a closer look and sighed. Yep, it was.

I jogged over to her and sat her up.

"Victoria?" I asked, shaking her. "Hey! Wake up, Vicky!"

I looked up to see Dylan jogging back to base.

"We found a new recruit," he called and came to a stop beside me. "He's a bit young but-- What happened to Victoria?"

"Don't know," I said and looked down again. I noticed her leg. "Aw, darn it, Vicky." Dylan gave me a strange look. "Her leg," I explained quietly. "She passed out from blood loss."

"Regan! Medic!" Dylan yelled, hoping she heard him.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:18 pm
ToritheMonster says...

*Yay! I'm being saved! Thanks, Scar! May I call you that?It seems appropriate for this storybook...*
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:20 pm
ScarlettFire says...

*Go for it. Scar or Red, whatever works. :xd: And no problem. I thought I should, so you didn't have to die or something. :) *

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:21 pm
Kelcia says...

*Boy, I missed a bit, didn't I? Oh well, here I am now. :) Do you know, I had just written Sash finding Victoria when Scarlett posted? Lol, I just changed it to fit. Hope it works!*

Sasha

Sasha was on sentry duty. It was his regular job, in fact. You see, it did not matter whether he actually attended meetings or not, unless it was something more than the ‘usual routine’. No, all they had to do was put him in a group, tell him which way to fire, and off he went. Of course, he had been tired after last night’s battle, but he had gotten a little sleep after he had cauterized Regan’s wound and attended to himself.

He had noticed that several people in camp had been drinking last night, and smiled as he pictured their hangovers. He did not envy them, that was for certain.
Suddenly, Sasha heard a slight disturbance in the bushes.

“Who’s there?” He snapped, raising his gun. There was the silence of someone trying very hard not to be heard.

“C’mon. Out of there, or I’ll shoot.” Slowly and hesitatingly, a boy, hardly fourteen, stepped out of the bushes.

“Right,” Sasha barked. “Tell me who you are and why you’re here. Hurry up, I don’t have all day.”

“I’m called Anthony Devon. I- I want to join the Vipers.” Sasha raised an eyebrow.

“Really? You’re a bit young, aren’t you?”

“Yeah, I guess so. I’m hoping that they’ll take me in anyways.” Said Anthony. Sasha thought for a moment, before lowering his weapon.

“I’ll take you to our place. We’ll talk there. But don’t try anything stupid,” he said, raising a finger in warning. “I could kill you even without the gun. No funny business, right?”

“Right,” nodded Anthony. Sasha took Anthony back to camp, where Regan lost no time in interrogating him. Sasha, feeling no need to stay through the talk, began to wander about the base, looking for the groups preparing for the newest Chinese attack.
He heard urgent voices a little way away, and instantly hurried to the commotion.
Dylan was just yelling for Regan when he came up.

“What’s up?” he asked, seeing Paige and Dylan leaning over a bleeding and unconscious Victoria.

“She passed out due to blood loss,” Paige explained. “We need to get Regan over here on the double.”

“She’s a bit busy talking to the new kid,” Sasha explained, “but I could carry Victoria, if you wanted. She’s light enough.” He scooped up the unconscious girl and set off at a quick trot, the other two jogging along side him.

*By the way, sorry if it's long.*
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:31 pm
ScarlettFire says...

*I thought Regan and a few others had been watching the new kid?*

Paige:

I followed Sasha and yawned. I was tired and hungover. I didn't feel like dealing with yet more drama. Oh, and I was hungry. Damn Regan for making us work on empty stomachs.

I stifled another yawn and watched with a detached sense of annoyance as Sasha put Victoria down on a bunk and turned towards me.

"Hey! I'm no medic," I snapped and sat down on a nearby bed.

Sasha shrugged and leaned against a nearby wall. We both looked towards Dylan.

24 Reviews

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:34 pm
Kelcia says...

No, they found a kid in the woods, and he was Chinese. Anthony is, erm, Welsh, I think? Or some other European. I'm not exactly sure.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:39 pm
ScarlettFire says...

*I thought Anthony found the chinese kid and Regan and company where watchnig him? Take a look at the previosu page.*

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:39 pm
Threnody says...

we were... oh well, I won't make Kelcia rewrite her post.
Last edited by Threnody on Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:40 pm
ScarlettFire says...

*Okay. Nevermidn it then... Let's get on with the story.*

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:40 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Victoria

I woke up on a bunk. I threw off the sheet on me. I didn't need special treatment. My leg stopped me.It was crusted with blood, and it throbbed. So what? I could still fight. I swumg my legs over the side of the bed.
"Woah. You can't go. You're...you just lost about half the blood in you body." Sasha said, looking over.
"I have...to..." I was surprised at how weak my voice was. I bit my lip, and tried to stand. My mind reeled, and I fell back onto the bed. Paige rolled her eyes. I wouldn't let her think I was weak. I tried again.
"Victoria. You cannot leave. I'm surprised you haven't passed out already." Sasha said. I could tell he was getting annoyed. But that didn't really matter, because I passed out anyway, thinking how a little blood often only seemed like a lot.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

24 Reviews

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:46 pm
Kelcia says...

Geezum, guys. I'm sorry. That post just didn't seem to go with anything. I checked, Anthony is from Wales... I didn't know what you meant by finding a suicidal Chinese kid.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:49 pm
ScarlettFire says...

K*elica--last post on the page before the current one. Anthony heard someone groaning. First post on this page, some kid leans over a chinese kid... I think that's what it's about, okay? Anyway, let's get on with the story, hmm?*

24 Reviews

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:53 pm
Kelcia says...

*Sure. Thanks Scarlett. I just got a tad confused. Onwards we go! :)*
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:01 am
ScarlettFire says...

*I suggest you visit the DT if you've got anymore questions.*

Paige:

I curled up on the bed and closed my eyes. I was tired, hungry and hungover. I didn't want nurse duty.

I heard Victoria get up and sit back down but didn't move. I was quite comfortable where I was.

Someone kicked the bed but I ignored it. Sleep was currently more important.

"Sleeping on the job, Paige?" Regan asked. I shot upright, eyes wide.

"Uh, well, um," I muttered, tripping over the words. "Yes?"

"You're on watch, Paige," Regan told me and pointed towards the door. "You too, Sasha."

I sighed and got up. On watch, typical. I didn't say anything else as I went back outside and sat down under a nearby tree.

Deadlines just aren't real to me until I'm staring one in the face.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief