Aerolite

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:52 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Eden

I tumble backward in a fierce cry of pain, having been hit by the gust of wind. I see blood ooze down my shoulder. It is painful, but I try not cry. About to get up, I notice in horror that my bow was knocked out my hands.

No! It was a one-of-a-kind weapon, given to me by the great king when I signed on for service to the goverment. My eyes scan frantically for it, and that is when I catch a glimpse of green. Right in the middle of a field. Next to faerie-Slyph, I think the name was?-who picks it up.

For the first time, I am scared to death.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:44 pm
Howler says...

Reed

After some sudden shouting, I woke up. I climbed out of the water, and wouldn't you know it, some guys were attacking us. 'Bout time something started happening, but I'd rather have been able to finish sleeping.

I threw some ice shots at a few and some water to block their way. I really didn't want to fight for a really long time, so I started thinking. Eventually, I got an idea.

I saw Rowan throwing rocks in the background.

"Hey, Rowan, can you help me out?"

"Huh?"

"Can you make a sinkhole?"

Rowan started trying to make one, but he seemed to have a little trouble. I needed to give him a little force. He made a really small one, and I snaked the water with force into the hole. A large pool of mud began solidly forming, while combining the water with the soil.

"Great, now just shoot a stream mud in their eyes!", I shouted. He seemed to be pretty confused why I wanted him to throw mud at them. Rowan couldn't really handle much of a stream, more of only some long clumps. I made up a pathway of water to give the mud a little more moving force.

We managed to coat them in mud. Last bit of my plan was left to Sylph.

"Sylph, can you try and dry up the mud on these guys?"

Sylph seemed to have a little more of a handle on things, and blasted a huge amount of wind at them all. Like that, they were trapped in a layer of rock. I'm a frickin' genius! Although, it probably wouldn't last forever.

I put a layer of ice over top of the rock layer. All the government workers were trapped for at least 10-20 minutes, or until the layers melted. Sylph kept wind on them to keep the layers dry.

Oops, forgot something. "Aspen, you mind poking a few air holes?", I asked

"And you wanted us to run", I said to him, giving him a cocky little smirk. I never was usually too cocky, but I did just brilliantly trap a team of GWs in rock and ice, so why shouldn't I live it up?
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:55 pm
Rydia says...

You should aim to fight the government with air and fire, they're stronger against earth and water as they have more of those elements ^^ On a similar note, the rebels are weakest against water.

Ivy

Unfortunately I was taken by surprise when the mud first splattered against my side but hurriedly I pushed it away, bending the supple earth with my gift. I could feel Eden doing the same, her touch vibrating through the element. The water gave us as little trouble as it had offered Rowan, it was inferior to our touch.

By this time though our fellow agents had been solidified and we had to decide between freeing them or chasing after the rebels who had turned to flee. Eden's hands closed into fists but she shook her head.

"We'd be outnumbered," she said. "Let them go for now. I nodded and began to concentrate on the earth-encased fairies. I touched the solidified form of Brandy first and could feel the soil retract under my command. Those foolish rebels. They thought they could hold us with Earth? Clearly they had not realised who led our team. Well. I'd seen the powers of most of them. We could discuss and analyse that later.

"Thanks," Brandy said as I moved on to Laurel.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:07 pm
Elinor says...

Eden

As I struggled to stand up, I could feel thick, wet, tears rolling down my dirt-stained cheeks. There was no choice but to retreat.

As a leader, I had failed my team. I had been eager to act-comparing the rebels to idle dummies. We had fought them before-so why had I underestimated them? More importantly, if we couldn't defeat them, how could we defeat the humans. As soon the members of our team became free, I took out my horn and signaled everyone to follow into the forest.

"Come on," I said. "Let's find a place to camp for the night."

-- Walt Disney

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:56 pm
LovelessSummer says...

*Rowan-A girl by the way Howler*

I jumped up and squealed in excitement.
" We didn't die," I yelled. Reed scoffed and started towards the water.
" Of course we didn't, and if you don't mind, I'm going back to bed."
" Me too," I raised myself on a small rock and sat down with my legs crossed," Night guys!" I became air bourn and started towards the park.
- - -
The swing set creaked steadily under my weight. The moon was high in the sky, throwing the shadows of the few, long since rusted, park equipment. All that was there was a swing set, a seesaw, and a merry-go-round, my hut sat by the seesaw. A round earth igloo, well made if I do say so myself.
I swung back and forth gently while singing, patiently waiting for sleep to claim me.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:40 pm
Theodorable says...

Brandy

Brandy could finally move again. She did not like retreating, but there was nothing else they could do. She followed Eden into the forest. The others soon followed, and they were all in a small area where the trees and underbrush had been cleared away. Brandy leaned against one of the trees ringing the area. "That was a failure. We need to do better."
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:35 am
Ranger Hawk says...

Sylph

Sylph breathed a sigh of relief as they left the area where the government officials were trapped. Thanks to the amazing team of rebels, and a brilliant idea from Reed, they had escaped.

Waving good night to the others, Sylph wandered aimlessly through the woods. Her thoughts wound in a similar manner as her erratic walking pattern.

Suddenly, she remembered the bow she had picked up during the battle. It had belonged to one of the government fairies who had gotten knocked back from Sylph's air blast. Sylph had merely slung the bow over her shoulder unthinkingly at the time, it being of low priority. Now, however, curiosity made her slip it off and she stared at it.

The bow was made of a green wood, very strong and also supple. Sylph looked it inquisitively; it didn't look quite normal. She wasn't particularly skilled with bows, but she knew enough about them to see that this wasn't an ordinary weapon.

I suppose it really doesn't matter anyways, since I don't have any arrows to use with it, she thought with a shrug. Still, intrigued by the weapon, she decided to keep it with her until she could examine it at leisure and see how it worked; perhaps Aspen could help her with it. He was good at archery.

She didn't notice where she had been walking until she suddenly found herself at a clearing. Sylph froze and peered into the dimness of the oncoming evening. What was that odd structure there? It looked like a large, triangular sheet, in which something was moving.

Sylph swiftly clambered into a tree and peered out from the branches, straining her eyes. Suddenly, a part of the sheet zipped down and a human stepped out.

*I think we have a couple of human characters involved? This could be an intro for them. If not, another fairy, whether Rebel or government member could join her*

**edited for the bow scene; also thought I'd bring in Aspen's character, as he hasn't had much posting time :)
Last edited by Ranger Hawk on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:38 am
Elinor says...

*Just so you know, Ranger, you have Eden's powerful enchanted bow-so you might want to make some note of that*

-- Walt Disney

482 Reviews

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:41 am
Ranger Hawk says...

Elinor Brynn wrote:*Just so you know, Ranger, you have Eden's powerful enchanted bow-so you might want to make some note of that*

Ah, okay, I wasn't exactly sure what to make of it haha. I guess she'll just carry it around with her for the time being. Or perhaps Eden wants to go after Sylph to retrieve her bow? :)

~Rick Castle

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:43 am
Elinor says...

Ranger Hawk wrote:Ah, okay, I wasn't exactly sure what to make of it haha. I guess she'll just carry it around with her for the time being. Or perhaps Eden wants to go after Sylph to retrieve her bow? :)

I was thinking a combination of the two. Say Sylph is really excited and happy to have a powerful weapon-but she has no idea how to use it and in the meantime Eden is working out a plan to go after her.

-- Walt Disney

482 Reviews

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:45 am
Ranger Hawk says...

Elinor Brynn wrote:I was thinking a combination of the two. Say Sylph is really excited and happy to have a powerful weapon-but she has no idea how to use it and in the meantime Eden is working out a plan to go after her.

All right, I'm going to edit the part with the bow into my last post then.

~Rick Castle

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:49 pm
phantom of the potter says...

**Thank you so much - I've been waiting for a good opportunity to insert Aspen that didn't seem totally random.

Aspen

Aspen look down as the tree he was sitting in rustled. Aspen tensed briefly; someone was climbing up into the branches. The figure leaned forward from where she squatted on a branch, and Aspen saw the tips of pointy ears behind a mass of black hair. Aspen relaxed again; it was only Sylph.

Aspen swung down until he was in the branch above Sylph. He lay down on the branch and lowered his head. "What are you doing?"

Sylph jumped, shaking the tree again. Aspen gripped his branch tightly. He glanced over toward the human; he was lumbering off toward the bushes, probably to relieve his bladder.

"What are you doing here?" hissed Sylph in the darkness. Aspen looked at her again, and shrugged. "I don't sleep much at night."

Sylph snorted. "Does that explain the constant napping during the day?"

Aspen grinned. "Precisely." Aspen's eyes caught on a bow slung around her back. "What is that?" he breathed.

Slyph pulled it off of her back. "I picked it off one of the government people. Do you - ?"

But Aspen had already reached for it. Slyph handed it over, and Aspen sat up to look at it. He ran his fingers over the carvings on the wood. The bow was some of the best craftsmanship he had ever seen, but Aspen got the distinct feeling that something was missing to complete the picture.

"Where are the arrows?" Aspen asked.

"Didn't get any."

"I'm assuming you want some?" continued Aspen, his eyes not leaving the bow. "The best ones to use for this would be the ones designed specifically for the bow, but you should be able to use normal ones."

"I suppose... Can you - ?"

"Yes, I can. This bow is extremely well-made... There's something to it that I can't quite put a finger on... You say you got this from the government's people?"

"Yes. Why?"

"This bow is extraordinary. Deadly. And it just makes me wonder what else they have in their arsenal."
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:57 pm
Theodorable says...

*Hey, is anybody else from the gov. going to post soon? I don't want to post twice in a row.*
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:46 pm
Rydia says...

Ivy

Nodding tightly, Ivy let out a frustrated sigh. "We need to organise, we've got to seperate them! Maybe we should try to infiltrate their forces."

"What did you have in mind?" Eden asked. Brandy looked up, a tired expression on her face and Laurel moved closer to listen in. Ash and Spectre sat off to one side, deep in conversation.

"Are you suggesting a spy?" Brandy asked in a cool, collected voice. Ivy's head swung her way and she frowned.

"Well yeah I was," she admitted sourly. It seemed like she never got to explain her ideas lately! She was about to talk further about her plan and try to sway them but Laurel cut in with a firm tone:

"We shouldn't split up," she said. "Our spy would be vulnerable and we'd be a fairy down."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:27 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

Dudes, I'm so sorry, I totally forgot about this! Are people still up for doing this? If so just give me a shout and I'll post. :)
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

Everything has a consequence and every consequence leads to death.
— kattee