z

Young Writers Society

Jurassic Park

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:05 pm
View Likes
BigBadBear says...

"What are you talking about? It's behind bars! That there bars has enough volts to run New York City for a whole day!" Ivan exclaimed. "You don't need to kill it!"

Cedar frowned and looked back into the car. It was still a monster. A freaking monster!

Suddenly, Tanner said, "Uh, Ivan. I came here to study the eating patterns and habits in dinosaurs. I want to get out and study this guy."

Ivan looked out into the forest, thinking that raptors would emerge, but they didn't. They were probably all dead.

"Go ahead, but we aren't going to wait for you."

"What? How do I get back?" Tanner said, aghast.

"Take a radio. Once you are done, walk as far away from the T-Rex cage as you need. The radio will turn on and then call for a jeep to come and get you." Ivan said.

Tanner nodded, and looked at Shawn. She was looking at Tanner, and then as soon as he saw her, she turned her head to the big Rex.

"Take a gun, also. You never know."

Tanner nodded again and said, "Does anyone want to go with me?"
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:00 pm
View Likes
AyumiGosu17 says...

Adri

I jumped off the back of the truck. "I'll go. Someone's gotta watch you guys." I smirked at him, hoping he caught my joke.

"I've got a radio, and it does work. What channel you on?" I asked the man in the driver's seat. Cedar, wasn't it?

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:36 pm
View Likes
MadHatter says...

(People are confusing John Hammond with my character. I am not in charge here. I am a hunter that was talked into coming here. Thank you.)

John sat in silence. Raptors were on this island. He had been lied to again. "What else did you fail to tell me about? Any other dinosaurs you didn't tell me about?"

"Well...I guess I did forget to tell you all about Station 2."

"What's that?"

"We had two main parts to this facility, but one of them was attacked by the raptors and was considered un-safe. We had...shall we say some "little tikes" who escaped as well, though we have contained them to the other side of the island."

"What were they?"

"Several T-rex's, a Spinasaurs, and a couple of Allosaurus." Ivan gulped.

"So basically everything you told me was a lie?"

"Pretty much."
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

713 Reviews

Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:14 pm
View Likes
BigBadBear says...

Tanner suddenly stopped halfway out the car. He turned slowly towards Ivan.

"What? There are huge predators out there?" Tanner said. Ivan nodded, and Tanner got back into the car. His mouth hung open.

Shawn glanced at Tanner, and then her father, who was stunned by this sudden revalation.

"Are you sure that they are contained on the other side?"

Ivan looked out the window and was about to say something, but he noticed something.

"Where did the T-Rex go?"

Right as he said that, there was a huge crashing of thunder, and a flash of lightning zigzagged down through the sky.

There was a huge explosion, and someone in the car cried, "Get down!"

After everything had settled, Tanner looked up and gasped. The fence had been destroyed by the lightning! Suddenly, he realized what had happened, or what could happen.

"You guys...I think that she can get out now..."

The other members of the car looked up and saw the fence. The thousands of volts of energy had been wiped away.

Then the T-Rex showed up, trying to explain what that big noise had been. The fence was down, and she stepped out of the fenced area.

"Go! Drive now!"

But it was too late. The T-Rex had seen the jeep, and was running at it, it's jaws snapping, and belting out a roar.

Would love help on this.

141 Reviews

Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:34 pm
MadHatter says...

John opened the door of the jeep. "Go! Drive as fast as you can and don't look back."

"What are you doing dad?" Shawn asked.

"Making sure you don't die."

"You could die!'

"That's the choice you gotta make." He jumped out and hit the muddy ground. He got up as fast as he could and shot at the large lumbering beast. "OVER HERE! OVER HERE YOU OVERGROWN LIZARD!" The T-rex looked at him with confusion. Why would this little thing yell at him? What could it do?

John slowly pulled out his pistol. He hoped the T-rex would fail to notice this small movement. It didn't. The dinosaur swung it's mighty head, hurling John over the fence.

As he flew through the air he knew he was dead. The impact would kill him immediatley. But when he hit something and didn't die, he quickly opened his eyes. He was atop one of the massive trees on a leaf bigger than himself. "Wow..." He gurgled. "Saved by the tree."
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

713 Reviews

Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:39 pm
BigBadBear says...

"DAD!" Shawn yelled, and dove out of the car. The big Rex hurdled itself at the jeep, knocking its head against the door, and it rolled over.

Ivan was reminded painfully about J1 incident, and knew that this was going to turn out the same.

Tanner yelled as Ceder landed on him, and tried to get out, but the T-Rex would surely kill him. They would have to remain inside the car, while rain was pouring into it. The windshields weren't cracked - yet!

Shawn was still outside. She had escaped right before the dinosaur tipped the jeep over. She screamed and ran to her father, who was thrown up into the tree, inside the Rex's exhibit.

"Dad! Where are you?"

Suddenly, there were some thumps, and she looked back. The Rex was going in to bite her!

Would love help on this.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:39 pm
Via says...

Shawn watched the scene before her unravel, standing beneath the tree. She was feeling a bit woosey from the blood loss as the color drained slowely from her face, but she wasn't about to give up now.

She squinted her eyes at the large dinosaur and lifted her camera with her one good hand. She snapped a photo, a flash again startling the thing for only a mere few seconds...but long enough for her to ditch her current location and squeeze behind another nearby tree, out of site of the dinosaur and silent as she could possibly make herself.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

141 Reviews

Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:51 pm
View Likes
MadHatter says...

John laid motionless in the leaves, though he really didn't have a choice. His left leg was horribly bloody and his right arm was torn up pretty bad. "Wow, I'm in good shape." He thought to himself. He noticed movement below him. "Oh god...Raptors." But when he looked more carefully he saw it was his daughter.

"Oh thank God she's okay." Calling out to her would be just crazy, only making the situation worse. He slowly inched his way up the branch to the center of the tree. He would then begin his slow climb down the massive palm to the hell of a theme park below.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:31 am
TNCowgirl says...

Cedar kicked the door fearsly and jumped out of the jeep. He grabbed his guns and slammed the door back shut. Tanner seemed to start to argue but he just walked away. The T-Rex was close to Shawn now. Cedar aimed and it it in the leg. The beast let out a horrible sound and spun around.

"Howdy, big girl, how about you leave them alone. They ain't much of a meal to start with." He said looking at it. He saw Adri to his left while John was helping Shawn up into the tree. The T-Rex screeched and slowly moved towards him not seeing Adri. "Lil' missy, you got any ammo left?" He asked Adri,

"You talking to me." Adri said in a low voice so the T-Rex didn't hear her.

"Yup, got any?" He didn't take his eyes off the beast as he moved away from the jeep and towards the woods.

"Ya," She replied,

"Hey, Mr. John, you got a good shot, she's takin her time so we might be able to get rid of the thing." Cedar's heart was pounding but he wasn't about to show fear.

"I'll do my best." John called back.

"Alright Lil' missy, when I saw shoot I want you to try and shoot her in the pecking spot, right below the eyes, I'll do the same." He shuddered inside, how he wished a group of Brachiosaurs would show up. A group of them could easily kill a T-Rex, though not many believed it.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

141 Reviews

Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:32 am
View Likes
MadHatter says...

"God I'm sore..." John thought to himself. His bloody legs were becoming bloodier by the second. He couldn't see what the T-rex was doing, but it did not matter. In a few seconds they'd all be dead, him included. "Well...easy come easy go." John growled.

(Elsewhere)

Ivan ran from the jeep, having just escaped. His perfect world was rebelling. His pets were trying to kill him. Hammond was right. Jurassic Park II should have never been made. Dinosaur and man were not meant to live with one another. He caught his foot on a root and fell to the ground, twisting his leg half off in the process. "Dammit."

He pulled his sprained leg out to see the damage when he heard a slight chirp. "Oh god..." He turned around to see a mother V-raptor with her babies, hungry babies. The mother almost smiled as she leapt on him, ripping his defenseless body to shreds.

713 Reviews

Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:40 am
View Likes
BigBadBear says...

(WHAT? Did you just kill Ivan??? How dare you!)

There were gunshots, and the T-Rex roared, but Tanner was stuck in the stupid jeep. His leg was really killing him, and along with the rain, life was horrible!

At last, he could finnally get the door open, and he saw raptors coming out from behind Adri and Ceder. He cried, "Hey! Watch out!"

Ceder spun around and shot four bullets directly at one of the five raptors charging them. Adri noticed that they traveled in packs, while Tanner noticed that they had just set up a trap.

He looked back over to the T-Rex, and gasped.

It belted out yet another roar, and Tanner dove back in the car, in search for a dart. They had to have some kind of a - there! He grabbed the dart gun and wiggled his way out of the tipped over jeep. Once out, he loaded the dart and noticed that it said : HM11.4. What did that mean?

Tanner shook his head and cocked the gun. He aimed it right at the T-Rex and shot it.

Would love help on this.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:45 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

"Well, better to go by a T-Rex then a raptor." Cedar muttered to himself as Adri shot the last raptor. He saw Tanner pun out a gun, "Please don't miss, kid," He muttered out loud. He raised his gun and fired, 'Click'. Cedar's face drained, he dropped the gun and pulled out another. "I only got a few shots, don't miss." He called to Tanner.

*Srry, don't knwo what the gun would do to the Rex. *
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

141 Reviews

Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:46 am
View Likes
MadHatter says...

(Most likely just piss him off)

141 Reviews

Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:05 am
MadHatter says...

John fell to the ground with a thud. "Dad?" Shawn ran over to him.

"Yeah sweety? You okay?"

"I guess..." She looked over to see Cedar pointing a gun a the T-rex. "But there not..." She also noticed the infestation of V-raptors gathering by the jeep. "We need a little John Granger magic right about now."

"I'll try." John staggered to his feet. He looked around at the trees and the shrubbery. "I think I do have a plan."

713 Reviews

Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:16 am
View Likes
BigBadBear says...

"Kid! Get yer butt over by John, now! We can handle this guy!" Ceder shouted to Tanner, and the teenager obeyed. Quickly, he dropped the gun, and then picked it back up. It was better to keep weapons with him. He ran over to Shawn who was talking with John.

When he got there, the T-Rex roared, and accidentally stepped on the jeep, crushing everything inside.

Just when he approached them, John nodded to Tanner, and left Shawn alone.

"What is he going to do?"

"Take out the raptors. Just stay with me, please? Let's get higher. I fear that there are more."

Tanner nodded, and started climbing the tree.

________

What happened to Velo? He just suddenly dissapeared...

Would love help on this.

Forever is composed of nows.
— Emily Dickenson