z

Young Writers Society

YWS: The Gathering

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:40 am
Griffinkeeper says...

After twelve days of searching, Grif had slayed a dragon, fought off a band of thieves, and saved the country of Hermolynae from an evil dictator, but still there was no sign of the others.

The Princess was still with them. In fact, she had somehow managed to learn the entirety of the English language within the 12 days, in direct opposition to conventional knowledge.

Any one of the adventures would have been enough for a happy ending, but Grif was still dedicated to finding the lost YWS members. The resulting build-up in sexual tension between the two was nothing short of incredible and was most certainly a first for any story, if not for all of mankind. Grif was oblivious to it all. Shortly after he noticed it, he asked Adelaide to shut out any sign of it. It had done wonders with his concentration.

Adelaide was surprised that the Princess hadn't given up yet.

"I don't get it," Grif said finally, looking out at the forest. "We've searched every tavern, gone to every single royal summon, we even went to the dragon's cave, yet they weren't anywhere. What are we missing?"

"The forest?" Adelaide said.

"If there was a chance for a chance meeting we would have had one a long time ago."

"You could take off your clothes and go for a swim," the Princess suggested suggestively.

"She might have a point," Adelaide said.

"I don't smell that bad," Grif said.

"You've been wearing the armor for over twelve days straight: trust me, it's time for a shower. Besides, there is another good reason."

"Which is?"

"Right now you have a lot of sexual tension built up. Since the story is only PG-13 or less, than the story can't turn graphic, so what happens is that there is some sort of interruption to stop anything from happening."

"So you're saying that if I take off my armor, I'll be inviting an explicit scene which will be interrupted because of the story plot?"

"Yes, presumably by the missing members."

"What if they don't show up?"

"Then the story will fade out to another perspective for an undisclosed period of time."

"That's good enough for me," Grif said as he began to remove his armor.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:29 am
Alteran says...

Colin was growing tired of the merry-go-round of the conversation. Quinn insisted he was a boy, while everyone else was convinced otherwise.

"How about we call you it?" Colin asked annoyed, "We have better things to do than continue this banter with you."

"Speak for yourself," muttered Infra, "Last I checked, you were an I."

"Is now really the time to argue?" Colin stopped, he felt it, something large. Something massive was traveling beneath the ground under the river. Malice filling it's simple mind. Infra must have felt it as well, he tore off down the river bed, the speed of a train beneath his feet.

"We'll finish this later," Colin said, "Come if your coming!" With a fleeting thought Colin levitated from the ground and took off after Infra.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:50 am
deleted6 says...

Quinn stood a few seconds wondering what to do, her decision was made for her when the monkey boy took his pouch back. She grumbled and muttered curses. How on earth she got into these situaction she'll never know, all she knew was Monkey boy took her well earned(stolen) gold.

She ran after him as all of them pursued the something. This was supposed to be an easy get money and scarper, now it had become people finding out she wasn't a boy and pursuing something underground. Her mind felt the beings malice though she was bored of that and delved into annoying boy mind, he was too busy concentrating on other things he had no idea.

All she saw was pretty astounding and suprising, she dug deeper seeing a great city. Suddenly she was halted and a angry voice screamed, "Get out my mind!"

She was so startled she was thrown back, the annoying boy walked over to her fuming, "Get up, and if you coming come, if not then get lost!"

Quinn was so confused and suprised she just stared, no one had ever stood up to her. Her eyes felt wet and she lowered her head. Here she was almost crying this sure wasn't going to help male image. She needed a drink, hurriedly she pulled one out her pocket and gulped it down.

He wasn't amused by this and sniffed running back towards the creature.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:39 am
cheeb says...

Something wasn't right here. As they ran after this rumbling thing, Infra looked around the group, wondering whether he could confide in any of them.

Elyn - Nah. Too devious, he thought.
Colin - We're not exactly on friendly terms...
Amelia - I don't think I could catch up to her on that floating thing.
Zephyrus - ... yeah, he'll do.

Infra increased his speed in order to catch up to Zephyrus. "That boy, or girl, or whatever, has the strangest aura I've ever felt."
"Really?"
"Yeah, it's... difficult to explain. It was as if it was divided in two... the aura, that is, like one was blue and it seemed to be unstable, it was jumping like crazy. The other part was green and it was... calmer, less jumpy."
"... that's really strange. I don't think I like this situation."
"Me neither. I also felt a great mass of power in there... it's well hidden, I admit, but it's there. She'd be a challenging opponent in a fight."

"Then," Zephyrus replied, "let's hope it doesn't come to that."
the user formerly known as chibibo

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:28 pm
Dynamo says...

Zephyrus had sensed the girl's aura before anyone else had but hadn't said anything. He wasn't very happy with her for trying to invade his mind, but since he had been the only one to realize she was a girl and give away her secret she probably wanted to get back at him.

He wouldn't let that happen, he knows secrets that only Dragon Knights are supposed to know. He couldn't let her pull those secrets from his mind. Zephyrus was strong, both physically and mentally. If she tried to invade her mind again he would use his Dragon Knight powers to keep her out and force himself into her mind instead.

Zephyrus looked at Infra and thought about telling him about Quinn invading his mind. He shook his head, there were more important matters at hand. After they find out what this thing was they could talk.

"Any idea what this thing is?" Infra asked.

Zephyrus shook his head. "No, I don't."

A sudden sensation of power flashed through Zephyrus' mind. It stopped him in his tracks, he had felt this power before. It was like a cold fire spreading through the ground and trees. The air in the forest suddenly started to get cold. The leafs of nearby plants and trees began to freeze into crystallized forms.

Infra stopped and faced Zephyrus. "What is it?"

Zephyrus was suddenly at a loss for words. The creature they had sensed, it was something far more dangerous than they could have ever expected. Zephyrus stared at Infra, his fear showing clearly in his eyes. "...It's the Earth Dragon of Ice."
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:32 pm
Rydia says...

Amelia

I leapt on my jetter and found myself heading towards the river. I was soon way ahead of the others and there I saw...

"Look out!" I shouted as the ground beside the river began to shake violently. The person who I had addressed, a man wearing very few clothes, was wading through the water. He turned at the sound of my voice.

"Ah, there you are," With a grin, he ducked his head below the water and then began to pull his shirt over his head. A pile of armour lay discarded upon the bank.

"Get out of the water!" I shouted as a huge creature reared its head above the waves. The man was knocked under by a tidal wave and I forced the jetter to hover out over the river. When I saw the head break the surface, I hurried lower.

"Get on my jetter, hurry," I commanded, holding out a hand.

"Where are the others?" He asked as I pulled him up beside me and retreated from the monster.

"On their way. How did you know there were others coming?"
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:26 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

"I've been looking for you guys for the past 12 days. I'm glad to see you're still alive," Grif said just as they made it to the river bank. Grif hurried to put on his armor. The first thing he put on was his helmet.

"Finally," Adelaide said.

"Sit-rep," Grif ordered.

"That thing is an earth dragon of ice. Extremely dangerous. There is a lot of movement on motion tracker, animals and people running away from it."

"ETA?"

"Around 15 seconds."

"Right," Grif said. The time flew by quickly and just as the last bit of armor came on, the Ice Dragon appeared. This would be painful.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:40 pm
Dynamo says...

(It's not AN earth dragon of ice, it's THE Earth Dragon of Ice. There's only one. Go to this link and read the first few paragraphs: topic16929.html?highlight=dragon%20knigt%20legacy It'll tell you what an Earth Dragon is.)

Zephyrus and Infra had made it to the river bank. It was just as he feared. Shiva, the Earth Dragon of Ice was in a rampage, attacking anything she saw. The water that touched the icy blue dragon's body froze on contact.

"What is that thing?" Infra asked. "I've never seen a dragon like that before."

"Hopefully, we'll never have to see one ever again." The Earth Dragon of Ice was rampaging. They had always stayed in hiding, away from human contact. Something bad must be happening in the world to make them act this way.

The dragon faced Amelia and the people she was with. White mist began to swirl around her mouth. Zephyrus held out his hand and shouted, "Oraza!" A ball of fire shot out of his hand and hit the dragon in the face. The attack knocked the dragon's head to one side just as her mouth opened and shot a blast of cold energy out of her mouth. The beam struck the river bank away from the group. Everything that was touched by the energy had turned into diamond hard ice.

------------------------

Oraza: Fire
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

863 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:01 am
Griffinkeeper says...

The dragon looked like it was going to go after the character that had shot the fireball, but then it saw Grif.

"YOU!" it bellowed.

"Me?" Grif said.

"You are the one that killed my brother!"

"You mean that other dragon? Kind of smelled bad with a fiery temper?"

The dragon bellowed with rage before shooting a blast of ice at Grif!

Grif ran as the ice beam followed him. Quickly a plan came into his head. He detached a small orb from his back and then jumped into the river. The ice dragon's beam blasted the river, freezing it solid.

Sure that Grif had been frozen in a river of ice, the dragon now turned towards the rest of the group.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:40 am
Alteran says...

Colin zommed around the Dragon's head, trying to divert the beasts attention. It had little effect. He allowed anger to fill him, to consume his every corner of being.

"Hey! Over here, You overgrown Ice Cube!" He pelted her with fire, hoping it would do something in combination with the other's attacks. A massive tail sweeped through the Air and Colin sent crashing through the hardened ice.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:33 am
Rydia says...

Amelia

The dragon roared as the fire seered its flesh and then it thrust its tail through the air and sent Colin into the hardened ice which cracked and allowed him to sink into the now very cold river.

"Colin!" I shouted, jumping onto my jetter. I zipped towards the river and the dragon turned to follow my movement but then Infra began to attack it with his strange, demonic powers.

"Colin?" I called, searching through the water for either him or the man from earlier but I could see neither. Then suddenly a hand reached up and grabbed the ice, the fingers pale and dripping with water. I jumped to the floor just in time to see the man scramble out and lay Colin upon the ice.

"Are you two okay?" I asked.
Writing Gooder

863 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:44 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Grif fell through the water. In seconds the river itself would become encased in ice. At this time he tossed the orb up towards the surface. This orb was a plasma grenade.

The beam of ice hit the water and froze the grenade in place. Grif was helpless as the ice encased him.

Then, after a few seconds, the grenade detonated. The massive heat generated by the explosion succeeded in melting the ice around Grif. Only a thin layer of ice remained at the surface.

Grif swam towards the ice layer when suddenly it exploded inward as someone fell through the ice! Grif couldn't recognize who it was through the bubbles, but in a smooth motion he grabbed the member and tossed him out of the water.

Grif now struggled to get out of the water, but the thin ice kept on breaking under the heavy armor. He found solid ice and was finally able to get out.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Grif said. He caught sight of the dragon charging towards the group. He'd have to move very quickly to get in close and time was against him. Then he caught sight of the jetter.

"Can that hold three people?"

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:03 pm
Rydia says...

Amelia

"Just about," I replied.

"Then let's go," The man declared, stepping onto the front of it. Quickly, I placed a foot on the back to steady it while Colin climbed aboard and then I stepped up.

"Hurry. Towards the dragon," The man instructed. I nodded and pushed the speed lever to the highest level with my right foot while using my left to steer. It was harder than usual with three people but fortunately, the dragon was practically straight ahead.
Writing Gooder

863 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:40 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

"Get as close as you can," Grif said.

"You got to be kidding me," the guy said. Grif said nothing but pulled out his gun. The dragon came closer.

"Now!" The Jetter swung away from the dragon as Grif leaped through the air.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:49 am
cheeb says...

As Grif flew towards the dragon, it roared in pain as a flaming figure tackled its lower half. The dragon doubled over as Infra dropped back to the riverbank. He began sending fireballs at its head, but they weren't nearly powerful enough to penetrate its icy armour, and so any that did hit its mark was deflected back into the river, heating the ice until there was a small pool of liquid in the middle of the solid river.

As Infra thought about what to do next, the dragon's flailing tail hit the small pool, showering Infra in water and chunks of ice. His fiery shield doused, Infra yelled out in pain as clouds of steam billowed from his skin. Finally he collapsed on the ground, still steaming.

"Oi, Infra! Wha's goin' on?" Elyn shouted as he approached. Next second he jumped back in fear.
"Arrgh! 'E's burnin' 'ot!"
the user formerly known as chibibo

Poetry and prayer are very similar.
— Carol Ann Duffy