Young Writers Society

The City of Ash

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:59 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Kirux nodded his head at Thtyes's question, very, very in need of a comforting hug.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:38 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Shouldn't we wait for the others?" Zech, shrinking back and pulling his arms closer together. "I'm just a healer."

Spoiler! :
Erm, I typically use shook to mean "no" (while nodding is "yes"), but based no the second half of that sentence, I'mma assume Kirux is saying yes.

Poor soaked kid; Thytes wrapped him up in a hug, taking care not to crush him.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:21 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Queenie shrugged, "From the looks of things, there are probably plenary of people out there who need your services," she said, mostly to guilt trip him, "Besides, we can circle back. It'll help everyone to have an idea of what's out there."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

299 Reviews

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:32 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

The tiger wanted to point out that he didn't feel like there was anyone out there, but he didn't know how Queenie would take that. "Sure," he said, lowering his head. "We can go do that."

95 Reviews

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:02 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She raised her eyebrows, sensing his obvious aversion to her plan. She ignored it. He likely viewed her temper as fragile, a fact she could exploit if she played her cards right.

She started to ring out her skirt, reddened water dripping onto the ground, as she said, "Now please, pick a direction."

he/they

299 Reviews

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:17 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Ugh, he was so tempted to point in the direction of the building they'd come from, but he ultimately opted to sigh and point to the right. It looked like there were less cars in that direction, which would make it a little less noisy.

95 Reviews

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:22 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She grinned, "Lovely," she made a sweeping gesture, ushering him forward, "After you."

he/they

299 Reviews

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:38 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Of course she would tell the larger, more of an obvious target tiger to move to the front. But, not having heard anyone or anything beyond the cars and the fires, Zech did exactly that. He started navigating his away around the broken glass, twisted pieces of metal, and ripped up pieces of road that littered the street in front of him.

"What are we looking for?" he said, eyes darting from building to building. "Since you recognize more of this stuff than I do."

95 Reviews

Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:39 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She shrugged, "Signs of life, mostly. If there are people here it will either be our salvation, or it'll make this whole deal a whole lot worse."

She intertwined her fingers and rested them around her neck, "Other than that, I'm not sure. If we come across something explicitly dangerous I guess we'll know. I'm more used to fully planned missions. In and out. There usually aren't that many people involved," she glanced down at her dress. There were a lot of different people's blood soaked into the material.

She shook herself from her reverie, "So, since we'll be out here for a little while, what's your story?"

he/they

299 Reviews

Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:50 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Zech caught the glint of something attached to the metal wagon next to him. Crouching down to look at it, he found himself staring at his own reflection through a cracked mirror. Looking about as tired as he felt.

"Er, my story?" he said, gently poking at the bags under his eyes with his claws. The bags might've been mostly hidden under his fur, but his bloodshot eyes weren't. "And I'm used to planned-out stuff too, but with a lot more people. Perks of working in an army, I guess."

95 Reviews

Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:04 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"Your story, as in where are you from, where are you going, what's your life like, that kinda thing," she said it all nonchalantly, but there was a stiffness there too. It had been a while since she'd engaged in casual conversation. Ever since graduation, her dad had had her working double time to sharpen her skills. She suspected some kind of big mission was on its way, but she had no way of guessing what it was.

he/they

299 Reviews

Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:22 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Oh, uh," Zech said, standing back up. He had no idea where to begin - how could he tell his whole life to a stranger in the middle of a half-destroyed city? - so he picked the first subject that came to mind as he kept on walking down the street. "I planted some flowers in my backyard yesterday! I live in a place that's cold and muddy a lot of the year, so it isn't the best place to make a garden, but I'd like to give it a try. And maybe get my boyfriend to help me, but he's not super interested in it."

95 Reviews

Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:33 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She grimaced, remembering the plethora of dead plants she ended up tossing out. There had to be nearly as many plants as people on her kill sheet.

"I can't say I disagree with your boyfriend."

he/they

299 Reviews

Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:46 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"A lot of people don't disagree," Zech said, folding his arms. "But he always complains about how he doesn't have much to do, and, while it's something I'm fine doing by myself, he's been getting on my nerves a bit."

95 Reviews

Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:49 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She raised her eyebrows, "I am not the person to talk to about gardening and relationship issues," she said, fully aware that she was the reason it was brought up in the first place.

he/they

I feel like if men sent unsolicited dragon pics instead of *other* unsolicited pics they’d get a lot further in life
— ShadowVyper