z

Young Writers Society

Hunted 2 *Not accepting*

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:34 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Damon

"Totally up to you," I said, letting her have her way. She didn't seem to like that either. Samantha was upset that I had done all the good stuff behind her back, and the kissed her, and now, instead of making her mad again, I was asking. What did she want from me?

"Look," I said, "I know I've done half of my job behind your back, but I promise, I'm trying to make up for it now. Besides, you liked he kiss, so don't start there." I smiled at her sweetly, putting my feet up on the table and my arms out on the back of the couch. She frowned farther, closing her eyes and drawing in a deep breath. "Blonde hair, blue eyes?" She opened her eyes to look at me. I was already imagining myself in blonde hair, smiling at the ceiling.

~Annie May~

I didn't want to talk to anyone, but I couldn't believe I was being rude. She offered to be my friend, and I just told her to go away! I buried my face in my knees again, tears sort of gone, but still stuck to my cheeks. On the bright side, my side and leg weren't hurting. I tried to think of this in a good way.

OK, so Kyle was... I probably wouldn't ever find someone to love the way I loved him. I sighed, hiccuping once then laughing and sort of crying at the same time. I looked up at Nasira, who hadn't left my side. I smiled at her then hiccuped again, both of us laughing.

"So, friends?" I asked, still smiling at her. I was nice to make friends. She smiled back, nodding.

"Friends," she said.

"Thanks," I said, wiping the remaining tears away. It was nice to have friends.

~Amy~

Shocked by the sudden twist of things, I stared blankly. Were we all just going to die? Beasts? Giant wolfs? Islands where people don't return back to camp? No way was this happening. Still wrapped in the blanket that I had n idea how it got around me, I walked into the tent, looking down at the Annie girl. She was sitting next to Nasira, I think her name was?

"Are you OK, sweetheart?" I asked, sitting next to her. She looked at me, a little confused. I sighed. "I know I don't seem like the nicest person in the world, but neither are any of these people around here. I'm not trying to be mean when I am, it's just the way my parent raised me. So I'm sorry about being rude before. I know we can all be good friends. It's going to take me time to get used to everything. Rich girl here." I raised my hand. She smiled and looked down. Nasira was looking at me as though I was insane, and maybe I was. I just didn't want to be hated, that made me feel useless, no matter how much I was.

Dustin

Standing up, I began to pace. It was just hitting me. We weren't here for anything but a game. This was all a game. A game no one would win. We would all die, plain and simple. Why was it that some people couldn't find happiness from anything but making other people suffer? It was...weird, creepy, sick minded even. I shook my head, pacing still.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:10 pm
jemjive says...

GEMMA

"So, what was the deal with Kyle exactly? I mean...how bad was he?" mumbled Ryder.

I opened my mouth to answer and hesitated a moment. I knew he was better now but I still couldn't shake the memory of the Kyle I witnessed. "Well, he was bad... but better. When he first got to the island there was a few... issues... you know, with Tarrion and Domi." Ryder nodded, Duncan gave me a confused look. "Most of the things happened while I was... gone... but he was pretty bad. Annie helped him alot though, they helped eachother."

"Gone?" piped Duncan.

I sighed, "Different story for a different time, Duncan." He scowled, giving me a look of warning. I knew he would ask me about it again.

Ryder chuckled, "Leaving, just taking off. Now that is something I wish I could get the guts to do..." <There you go Isha ;)>

"It's not that hard." I winked.
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:10 am
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

DOMI

I looked up to Tarrion, then back to Annie. I couldn't stand to she her crying, but I couldn't helo but bea little... happy. Kyle was gone, and he couldn't hurt anyone anymore. He couldn't hurt my family anymore. But... what if that had been Tarrion out there? Tarrion could have been the one to have been killed, and not Kyle. Then I would be in Annies spot. I sobbed, a litle to loud for my liking. I turned my head and looked up to Tarrion. He frowned down at me, them kissed my nose.
"You want to go for a walk Domi?" I nodded and he helped me up. I couldn't bring myself to look back down at Annie. I felt horrible for her. I would have killed myself if it had been Tarrion who was killed.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:01 am
eldEr says...

SAMANTHA

I couldn't hold back a snicker. Damon? Blonde? "You'd look terrible blonde," I muttered, taking a sip of my coffee. Okay, so he wouldn't look terrible...just way too different.

"I dunno. I think I'd look pretty good." He grinned and I rolled my eyes, grabbing a throwpillow from under my arm and smacking him with it.

He laughed, and I chuckled a little myself. "Okay, so how about this," I started, mind wandering back to Damon's little scheme, "Rather than break them up, make certain people's protective levels go way up. Then maybe add a bit of scandal, say talking certain people into going after people who are already 'taken.' Let things crumble on their own from there."

Damon nodded.

It suddenly occured to me that I didn't want Damon to go blonde. And I sort of...liked his eyes, in a corny sort of a way. I smirked.

"What?" Damon asked hesitantly.

"You know how you said you wouldn't kiss me without my permission?"

"Umm...yeah..."

I snickered. "Well, I'm not giving you permission-but-we never said anything about this, and I need to get even." I leaned over and pressed my lips to Damon's. Good Lord, I must have been the stupidest woman in the world, but in my defense, it was worth it.

TARRION

"Just let me make sure my gun's loaded before we go. We don't need another...incident," I murmered, stepping over to my bags and pulling my gun out of my pocket. Empty. Glad I checked.

I reloaded quickly, decided on holding it and walked back over to Domi, taking her hand. "Ready to go?"

She nodded and we slipped out. I managed to mouth a thank-you to Naz and Amy and nod towards Maiara. She seemed a little...dazed, and I wouldn't blame her. You're taken away from home, end up on some bloody island, come to some camp to find somebody dead. Yeah, I'd be dazed, too.

"Down the stream?" I asked quietly, striding to the edge of the forest quickly. I was trying to avoid meeting Ryder's eyes, though I couldn't help but smirk at the way he was talking around Gemma. Funny man, my brother.

"Okay," Domi whispered back. I gave her hand a squeeze and headed for the stream.

New rule. Nobody leaves camp unarmed. If you had a gun, or if you were Annie and you had a knife, killing off a beast wasn't that difficult. Coming out here unarmed, now that was stupid.

RYDER

Gemma winked, and I averted my eyes to keep from blushing. I've always found it extremely uncomfortable how easy it was to make me blush. It was embaressing really. Horribly embaressing. I managed a chuckle. "Maybe I should try it sometime."

"Maybe you should," Gemma answered.

I looked back at her, making my eyes go wide and my voice highpitched. "But I'm not big and strong and brave like you are Gemma." Years of reading Little Red Riding Hood to Suz, that's where I got that one from. Gosh I missed that kid.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

116 Reviews

Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:00 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Damon

When she pulled away, she was smiling, eyes bright. "Told ya so," I said victoriously, smiling. She rolled her eyes, sitting back down.

"What about a name?" she asked. I was already thinking up a name for myself. As for history, a simple "I don't remember" works. While I thought about a name, I also thought about the kiss. I had to admit, she had soft lips. The thought made me smile. She looked confused by the smile that was suddenly there. I shook my head as if to say 'nothing'. She narrowed her eyes. Back to planning. Samantha didn't seem t happy that I wanted to change my hair to blonde. It would be a nice touch from black--or dark brown really. And blue eyes were cool.

While my thoughts of kissing and planning formed, Samantha seemed to be staring at me, seeming like she was thinking. I looked at her, and she smiled. OK, well then.

"What?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Oh, nothing." That was the best answer she had? Oh nothing? That just made me curious, but I didn't ask any further. I didn't want to be in deeper shit than I was already in with her. But she "liked me" enough not to kill me. And if I got myself killed? Maybe she'd laugh, I know I would. I didn't get hurt unless it was by Sam, or myself, so it would be hilarious if I died. Where had my thoughts gone to anyway? Me dieing was making me laugh out loud, and it was Samantha who asked "what" this time.

"What would you do if I died?" I asked, still laughing. "I know I'd laugh, but what would you do? Your best guy, dead?" I couldn't help but laugh more as it occurred to me, I was her best guy. None of the others were capable of even calling off the beasts without getting hurt.

~Annie May~

So this was what it was like to lose your family and the one you loved, all because of this damn island. I wanted to leave, but I didn't want to lose the only family I now had. If I died, maybe it would be easier for them. Less people to have to take care of, to have to watch over, make sure they eat, and don't get eaten. Maybe I should just die. Would that really change anything? Sighing, I realized I was really mental or something. Dieing wouldn't help them, it would only make them sad, wouldn't it? Maybe, maybe not. I didn't help out much around here. I mean, yea, sure I could kill the beasts without hurting them, but who would be worried about causing pain to a beast that size who was chasing after them trying to eat them? Well, other than me. I was just useless. Why didn't someone just put me out now, shoot me like I was one of the beasts?
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

35 Reviews

Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:33 am
jemjive says...

GEMMA

Ryder made a childish puppy dog face hightened his voice, "But I'm not big and strong and brave like you are Gemma."

I snorted, "Hardly."

Duncan sighed and walked away. The normal Gemma would have gone after him but the in-the-now Gemma decided not to. I let him walk away, I momentarily didn't care. Though I knew I would feel the burn of it later.

"He doesn't like me does he?" said Ryder staring at the ground.

"Well... Duncan is... Duncan. He doesn't like many people, not easily at least." I said.

He sighed, "I get, I understand. But what did I do? No. What didn't I do?

"Need I remind you of the 'unfortunate' situation he found us in" he laughed, half-heartedly, but laughed. "I better go talk to Duncan. I'll see you later, okay?"

"Okay." he smiled.

As I ran off to go find where it was Duncan had gotten to I heard Ryder chuckle and walk in the other direction, I hoped Duncan hadn't hit him to deep.

DUNCAN

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Gemma heading in my direction. For the first time in my life I didn't feel like talking to her. But that didn't seem like an option, she was already at my side, ranting.

"Duncan, what the heck was that!? Did you have to be so rude?"

I shrugged, "I didn't think that came across as rude..."

She scowled, "You always do this. You tighten your grip of your first impression and never let it go, not giving any body a chance."

That did it, I took a big step for myself, "I'm sorry Gemma, that I don't go around giving my trust to random strangers. I don't go gallavanting around with girls the way you seem to with boys. I'm not like that get over it." I stood up and took another big step, I walked away.
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

384 Reviews

Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:05 pm
eldEr says...

SAMANTHA

Jump off a cliff, torment one of the beasts until it felt the need to rip me to shreds, get Mark to shoot me, shoot myself, heck, I might even go to drastic measures and cry over your death. Which, in my world, is much more extreme than suicide. I was scaring myself. It was so frightening because it was...true.

I stared at the blank television screen for a few seconds before answering. "Unless I was the one killing you, I dunno. And, just for the record, if you died, you couldn't laugh. All abilities that you have now would be sort of...disabled," I answered, keeping my tone even. I glanced over at him, he was giving me this odd look. He wasn't satisfied.

"Okay fine," I muttered under my breath, "If you must know, I'd be pretty torn up if you died. And for me... yeah, that's saying something."

Besides everything, I had a funny feeling that without Damon, this whole opperation would go under. The other Supervisors were capable of course, but they all seemed a little dense for my likings. I focused on that rather than my true emotions, since the thought of being upset about somebody's death seemed almost disturbing to me.

"Either that or I'd throw a celebration party." I grinned and rested my head on the back of the couch. We were unfocused people today.

RYDER

I stood awkwardly, half-watching Gemma talk to Duncan. Neither of them looked happy, both seemed irritated. So they were arguing, not talking. No chiz. If that had been Tarr and me, we would have been heard clear across the island.

I shouldn't have been watching them... that was intruding. Then again, it wasn't like I could hear anything they were saying, I could only watch. I still felt like an intruder.

Duncan walked away suddenly, leaving a very...stunned looking Gemma in his midst. I frowned, debating whether or not it would be a good idea to go make sure she was alright. I, for one, knew how big a jerk and older brother could be if you give him the chance. Of course, walking over there might make Duncan hate me more than he did already. And ignoring it would be insensative.

One glance at Gemma's hurt expression and I found myself walking--awkwardly--to her side. "You okay?" I asked quietly.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

35 Reviews

Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:40 pm
jemjive says...

GEMMA

"No." I replied, resting my head on my knees.

"Oh." he said. That was all, we sat in silence for a few minutes. All I could think about was what Duncan said. It wasn't exactly what he said that hurt, though they did sting. It was the fact that he even said it in the first place.

Finally I looked up, "You know, you don't have to stay here. I'm in a depressing mood, wouldn't want that to rub off on you."

"I'm not to worried." he smiled, scooting a little closer.
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:42 am
SisterItaly says...

DOMINIQUE

We walked past the stream. How could it be so calm when everything around it was in distress? We stopped walking for a moment. Tarrion smiled down at me then looked up at the sun.
"The weather can't decide if it wants to be hot or cold." I smirked and looked down at the sparkling water. I quickly bent down and scooped some water into my hand, splashing it up at Tarrion. He gasped and shook the water off his head.
"Is that better?" I asked playfully. He smirked and quickly bent down and did the same to me. I gasped and wiped my face. He chuckled.
"You tell me." I laughed and pushed him in, he grabbed my arm and pulled me in on top of him. I gasped spitting out water at him.
"This water is freezing!" He chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing my lips.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

116 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:06 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Damon

"Hm, now a celebration sounds good, but do I have to die for you to throw a party?" I asked, smiling. I knew we should be focusing on the plan, but I was really enjoying talking to her--even though that sounded so stupid at the moment. Sam's smile widened.

"You know," I said. "You're smile is..." I couldn't finish. Beautiful? Stunning? Perfect? What, was I going soft now? I'd never admit it, but I loved her. She'd kill me just for saying it, but I'd do the same to her. I'd think she was going crazy. She didn't love, she murdered teens, or more watched while they killed each other, laughing the whole time.

"My smile is what?" she pushed, breaking my train of thought. I shook my head.

"Never mind," I said, smiling at her. She narrowed her eyes once more to glare at me.

"My smile it what?" she pushed. I sighed, laughing a little.

"Forget I said anything," I said, knowing she wouldn't forget until I said it.

>Short, but as soon as someone says something about Annie I can work off of, I'll be planning her death...or...her attempted suicide. Attempted of course.<
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

384 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:30 pm
eldEr says...

TARRION

I pulled away, chuckling quietly. The laughing and smiling was short-lived, however. My concern was getting the better of me yet again.

"What's wrong?" Domi asked hesitantly.

I sighed. "You're sick, and I'm going to make you sicker." Ha. And I had assumed I was fairly responsible. Getting the girl you love sick on an island where beasts ate teens... nice move. What a genius I was.

"Actually...I'm feeling a bit better."

My smile returned and I laughed. "I always knew my devilish good looks were a secret cure." Domi laughed and dumped some more water onto my face. "Yes, swoon darling, swoon."

That one earned me a playful flick on the head. "Ego maniac."

"Love of my life."

RYDER

"You know, older brothers can be real jerks. I of all people know that," I assured her, winking. It was true, too. Sadly. I could be pretty bad, even if I didn't mean it. "He's just looking out for you."

I wrapped my arms around Gemma and drew her into a hug. I was feeling pretty crumby about being hated, but in all honesty, she had it way worse than I did. Put in her position I would probably be bawling my eyes out right now, just because I'm a big sissy.

**sorry Ryder's is so short e.o**

SAMANTHA

I crossed my arms across my chest, eyebrow arched. "Damon, you can't just start that sort of sentence and then not finish it. It pisses women off," I stated coldly. Granted, that this woman watches teens murder eachother and get ripped to shreds by savage beasts, but she's still a woman. Rules still apply. I added silently.

Damon sighed and shook his head. "No, just...nothing," he muttered.

Good lord this guy knew how to tick me off. Not even Mark seemed to be able to make me feel this irritated. You kissed him. My subconscious reminded me. Curse the backstage mind. Granted, I kissed the little freak (who was taller than me.), but I kept telling myself it was only to get even.

Of course, if it was only to get even, then why in Grim's name did I enjoy so much? Because you freakin' love him. Get over yourself. Bahahaha....I most certainly did not! Curses to the backstage mind once again and moving on.

"Damon, you're asking for it. My smile is what?!" I demanded. He knew I had absolutely not intention of 'forgetting it.'
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

116 Reviews

Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:22 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Damon

I was on the verge of laughing by now. I was pissing her off, and trying to lie to myself. Yea, good luck there.

"Your smile is..." searched for words, but not the ones I was going to say, but harmless ones. "Nice."

Oh, so you can devise evil schemes so that unsuspecting teens will turn on each other and hopefully kill each other, but you can't tell a woman that her smile is beautiful?! I looked up at her. She didn't look like she believed me.

"What?" I asked, frowning when Sam shook her head. "Now you're doing it." She grinned, and I couldn't help but smile too.

~Annie May~

The day had wound down, and the only talk was coming from everyone around the fire. I didn't feel like going over to them, communicating with them. I just didn't feel like being around anyone. Now was my time to mourn, but I knew I couldn't mourn forever. I was being so depressing. I remembered something my mother used to say to Wren and I when we were sad.

You, are, a wild creation. A fire that refuses to die. Let it shine, don't hide hide it. Tell everyone, don't keep it secret. Love the light, and keep it there.

Then she would point to our heart, and we would be happy. Of course, we were very little and we could be cheered up easily, but it was out mother, she was magic to us. She was what made our day. But then she died, and we were left with a father who didn't act like he even had children.

I had lost everyone around me, and it wouldn't stop until everyone was gone, including me. I wasn't going to let some beast eat me, and I wouldn't let one my family shoot me if they went crazy, just like I was sure we would all end up doing. Island fever, I thought.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:07 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

FIre
I sat on the ground crossed my legs and started to meditate.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

35 Reviews

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:04 am
jemjive says...

GEMMA

Ryder scooted closer again wrapping his arms around me bear hug style. I had to admit, feeling his warmth around me was nice, I wasn't about to object. I loosened the grip my arms had around my knees and lifted my head. "I know." I whispered, leaning into the hollow of his arm.

I snuggled deeper, stifling a yawn. Ryder smiled breaking away gently, "Someone's tired." he chuckled.

"No, I'm o-" I said, getting cut off by another yawn. "I think you're right." I smiled.

He stood up and helped me to my feet. "Good night Gemma."

"Thank you Ryder. Good night." I said giving him a quick second hug and making my way over to the tents.

DUNCAN

I missed Gemma but she could be so infuriating sometimes.

I threw some more logs on the dying fire and sat down. It was getting colder out as the night wore on, what was the weather like here? Even if it did get below freezing The Company obviously didn't care, they were letting everybody get by with just tents.

Thinking of The company made me think of my knowledge. The Greenbill Project was still in action and every person on this island had a right to know about it. But how to tell them? Shoulkd I tell them soon? Should I wait and build trust? But would the late tell all have a bad reaction?

"Hey." said a voice behind me, "How are you liking the island?" <anyone?>
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

116 Reviews

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:39 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Amy~

"Hey," I said, walking to sit next to the Duncan guy. Annie was asleep--or looked like it--in the tent, and Nas was with her, so I could leave. "How are you liking the island?" I asked. He laughed once. Who could like the island? It seemed so impossible, but Annie had seemed to being love with it. She liked the way the fog floated on top of the water in the morning, the way the beasts howl at midnight and the way it had this eerie feeling to it. She loved the island, but who could blame her, she had no one else.

Yea, we had been talking. I watched as the flames lapsed up the wood Duncan had put in the fire. I hoped no one thought I was an obnoxious little...yea, whatever. I thought it over. I had had a "get out of my way before I slap you" attitude, and I know that people don't like snobby rich girls. I had obviously been rude, and I wondered if the others had realized it.

"Do I seem..." I began, pausing to look for the right word. "Rude?" I decided, repeating my thoughts. I didn't look away from the fire as I waited for him to answer.

~Annie May~

I had my eyes closed, but I was far from sleep. Trying not to cry, I thought of why I had fallen in love with Kyle in the first place. He had tried to kill me. He had broken my leg in that attempt, but I didn't care about that. It didn't bother me at all, but why didn't it bother me? Why hadn't I told him that I hated him? Because I didn't hate him, I was sorry, like I had told him. And I did love him. I did.

As the tears came, so did the pain. And not only was my side hurting and my leg killing me, now there was a pain in my chest, where my heart was supposed to be. It felt like my heart had been ripped out, like someone had cut me open and pulled it out. Clutching my side and chest, I sobbed, hoping no one heard me.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

The day, which was one of the first of spring, cheered even me by the loveliness of its sunshine and the balminess of the air. I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, revive within me. Half surprised by the novelty of these sensations, I allowed myself to be borne away by them, and forgetting my solitude and deformity, dared to be happy.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein