z

Young Writers Society

Winged Ones

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:07 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

~Michel~

My back felt light yet heavy at the same time. It was an odd sensation. I glanced at Blake. I was still getting used to the way she looked. She met my eyes for a moment and when she turned away I sighed. Sometimes I wished that we could just be normal. That way we wouldn't have so much to worry about. We could just be together.

I turned to Kaylee. We had been walking for a while.

"What are we going to do? I mean, do we even have a plan?"

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:29 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Blaise

I heard Michel asking Kaylee about the plan and I walked over with Anika to listen. I'd like to know as well...

Anika

I walked over to Ellie. "What are we going to do?" I asked.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:23 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

"I don't know yet," I whispered to her. "We can't just walk in there and kill them all, can we?" I asked the rest of them. We could walk in there alright, but could we walk in there with clothes like this, wielding weapons? I picked Anika up, and noticed Blaise was standing beside me. He probably wanted to know what I had planned, but I didn't have a plan.

Go in like idiots, flinging knives around, jumping on them like retards. We would be running around so much they wouldn't be able to catch us. That was actually a plan that could work. Anika and I laughed to ourselves. That was just too funny. I'd probably die of laughter if I looked around at everyone else.

~Ashton~

Ellie and Anika were laughing at a thought, unknown to the rest of us. I couldn't help but smile. Ellie still had my hand, and as long as she wanted it, it would be there. I shook my head, laughing too. I had no clue why it was funny, but it was. I saw Blaise smile too. We looked like idiots to the others, but they smiled at us, some of them beginning to laugh as Ellie and Anika were in tears from laughing. I didn't understand what was so funny, but I continued to laugh. Then, it was over and we pulled ourselves together, wiping the tears away.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:14 am
Apple says...

Ester Alice

I trudged in the midst of the group. A change from either taking up the back or trying my best to lead the group somewhere. Plan Miracle, how long ago had I been sitting in that cave I'd called home, thinking about that very plan. I had thought it impossible, yet look at us now! With the serum, we are going to do it! I felt my stomach rumble from both hunger and nerves. The problem was, I didn't really want to any more.

Having wings is what made us, well us! We'd be nothing without them. I mean, us winged ones wouldn't be called "The Winged Amigo's" anymore. We wouldn't have three happy boulder days each year when we thought the boulder protecting us from some of the wolf attacks was having its creation/birthday. I sighed, staring up at Kaylee and Blake, I watched them chatting sometimes even laughing.

Michel was staring around himself, glancing every so often at his back. Ellie. Ellie looked the most different without her wings. They weren't tumbling around her, creating an even darker shadow where ever she walked. Instead she looked almost light, like a halo was sitting on her head! Pfft, yeah right. Anika chased after a butterfly, giggling loudly. Jackie and Ashton glanced here and there, expecting to see the humans. I guess this was really their first time at fighting. They weren't there to fight the wolves now were they. And yet, they felt like one of us, like they had joined the wined amigo's. Blaise walked in front, whistling a tune, his hands dug into his pants. Were they all wanting to go through with this or was the boulder marring their thoughts, because it sure was mine!

Staring over my shoulder, I saw a flash of Corbin's red hair. I wonder what he was thinking. Bringing my hand up to my lips, I pressed my fingers to them. Had that been a lucky fluke. I shook my head, it sure hadn't felt like one. Blinking I stared mesmerised at his eyes as he scanned the perimeter. What happens if it was? I felt my heart begin to race with fear. I don't want it be a fluke!

"Take a picture, it lasts longer." I looked up to see Ashton grinning at me. Shoving him with my elbow, I watched his stumble to the side. "You should too." I motioned over towards Ellie. His cheeks instantly flamed.

"What! I do not!" He exclaimed, his eyes widening.

I shook my hand at him, "Oh please, I see the way you look at her." Pursing my lips, I grinned menacingly. "Ashton and Ellie sitting in the tree, K-I-S-S-I-NG -" His shoulders suddenly tensed, placing a hand over my mouth I began to squeal though he ignored it. Everyone else around us did to. Thanks guys, thanks! Next time I'm screaming for help I'll know not to rely on you.
I spy!

116 Reviews

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:36 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

I laughed and shook my head. we had become more of a family then I had expected. I wasn't the same girl who tried to hide all of her feelings and emotions. If I was scarred now, I told them why. I felt safe with them. Maybe because I was like them. Before I had no one who could understand why I was scared, or why I was happy, or why I was sad.

I was sad because I didn't know if I would live or die, and neither did they. I was happy, because I was unique, and so are they. There are very little of us, and I'm happy I found my real family. I was sad because I didn't have anyone who understood. And now, I don't have a reason to be sad. I love these people. Even Ashton. He wasn't one of us, and I didn't really know him all that well, but I was in love with him for some strange reason.

These thoughts I didn't push to the side like I would have any other thought. I actually analyzed them. Love, I thought, was meant for someone who could be loved. Could I be loved? Or was love meant for everyone? Obviously it was, I thought to myself, reaching for Ashton's hand. I didn't care anymore what people said about me. I leaned my head on his shoulder, and he wrapped his arm around me.

No one could blame me for needing this, because we all did. I hadn't had someone in the last four years of my life, and now that I did, I wasn't throwing the chance away. I pushed myself into love for a reason. Not to fall out, but to fall in. And Ashton was the one who caught me.

~Ashton~

Ellie leaned on me, and I wrapped my arm around her. This was something I had been needing. She needed it too, it seemed. I would be here for her, even if she didn't, until she realized she did. Ester smiled at us, happy that we had each other. At that moment, I didn't know what all they had been through, and I wasn't going to ask, and I had a feeling they'd rather not talk about it. And I understood why.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

48 Reviews

Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:58 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

~Michel~

"I'm not really sure myself." Kaylee replied. Worry filled her eyes.

"We could try to negotiate or attack."

"We aren't savages" I said, and then after a pause. "But, when I tried to explain they didn't listen." We fell into silence for a while both of us thinking.

"We aren't whole without our wings. They make us who we are. . . . The only reason I came was because of . .."

"Blake?" Kaylee finished.

"Yes, but the rest of you too. I've gotten used to a family again."

"You know, you have changed a lot in the past weeks. You're not so obnoxious!" Kaylee changed the subject.I laughed,

"Well thank-you for the complement." Kaylee got quiet again.

"We can't go into hiding. Like you said our wings are a part of us."

"But," I stopped not knowing how to reply. "how will we survive then?" I asked after a while.

116 Reviews

Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:13 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

"How will we survive then?" Michel asked. I was worried just a little bit. Who was I kidding, I was worried we would all die. It wasn't just that fact. I had just fallen in love, and I was dieing now. I did want to know what the plan was. Maybe we could kidnap one of them. Then what? Threaten them and tell them to leave us alone? What else could we do?

But those were the scientists that had our records right? If we knew where our families lived, we could go back to them. But I didn't want to leave my new family. I really didn't have the patients for humans after all this time hating them.

Yet, I found myself in the arms of one. A very sweet one.

~Ashton~

They pondered this for a few minutes, lost in thought. I myself wondered how they would get out of this alive. And I knew they couldn't go back to their families, could they? I sure hoped so.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:54 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Sorry guys. My head isn't in this right now so I can't post. I'll try tomorrow.

And starsunfrozenlife, how come your posts have been so short lately? Have you lost interest in this SB or something?
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:03 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

I'm sure it's for the same reason mine aren't bringing us forward. We have no clue how to continue it! It's been so easy when you know that it all leads to this. And now that we have it here, whats next? How do they carry out the plan?
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:10 pm
fictionfanatic says...

That's not my reason why but I'll think of a way to move it along. The reason I can't post is because I'm in a depressed mood and just can't write something like this right now.
Live, Love, Laugh

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:34 am
ultraviolet says...

Blake

For a moment I was elated, though I tried hard not to look it, everyone else looked depressed. Then I remembered, my daggers. Without my wings would I be able to defend myself? I was so used to fighting with wings, now without them it was hard to even walk. And, even though I never chose to, it was weird not having the option to just up and fly if we ever needed to. One thing at a time though.

I walked a little off, though not too much. I pulled my knives out of my belt and started one of my complex moves. Within minutes I was flat on my butt, after attempting a kick-twirl thing, jumping in the air. I was so off balance. Though most didn't notice, some saw me and it was the most embarrassing thing ever. I was always so good at this. Then again, I learned this when I was a winged one.

Being Blake, the fighter, I simply got back up and tried again. And again. I couldn't count how many times I fell, and some of the times I was afraid I had twisted my ankle or something, and now I wouldn't have my wings to lift me up every few feet to take the place of a foot. But I hadn't, so I kept on going. Eventually I could do OK. Not good, but OK. Finally I gave, at least for then. We had things to discuss.

"Guys," I said, walking over to them. "Why don't we wait on things. Just for a night. We'll get our wings back, and then tomorrow they'll be gone again. For now, things are different. We don't have wings. I can barely fight, I'm so off balance. I think we should just work on doing normal things, and protecting ourselves and staying fed. Then move on."

Most shook their head in agreement.

Jackie

It was a little weird seeing everyone without wings. But then again, it was weird seeing them with wings. So....

It was also weird being the youngest, other than Anika, but she didn't really count, because she was a winged one. But it was OK; they all treated me like I was their age, like I could handle things. Which I could. I would, even if I killed myself alongside them.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

116 Reviews

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:25 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

"While we don't have wings, why don't we just practice fighting. I'm not saying it's going to be easy, but we need to get it worked out so that we don't do like Blake and hurt ourselves in there." I smiled slightly at her. She wasn't in the mood for joking, but it wasn't a joke. I was just trying to let her know she wouldn't be the only one hurting themselves.

This might be my chance to teach Ashton to fight. Well, OK, after I learned how again. How hard could it be? I soon found out it wasn't that easy. I tripped over myself, landing on my knees. Normally, my wings held me up enough so that I didn't fall. I caught myself time and time again trying fly. We all did. It was something we had gotten used to.

That night, I laid down with Ashton, my whole body sore. I wanted my wings back so bad. Maybe tomorrow, we would have them back, and we could fight like normal. I hoped so. I closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep but I was so worried, I was more hyper than tired. And the fluttering in my stomach didn't help any. I finally got to sleep though, and when I woke up, I had wrapped my wings around myself. I smiled as I got up. Everyone else had their wings too. They were up, and practicing again. I stretched, grabbed my daggers, and went to practice as well.

I found myself doing to flips and stunts I normally did. It was nice, and it felt normal. Normal. Even though the humans thought no wings was normal, it was the fact that we had wings that made us normal. You can't be a winged one without wings right? So that was what made us normal. I showed Ashton how to fight, using as many techniques as I could that didn't involve wings.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

48 Reviews

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:59 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

Michel

I felt bad for Blake. She had always been one of the best fighters. Good as Blaise! Now, she was struggling in front of all of us, and I knew how embarrassed and awkward she felt.

When I started to train part of me wanted to be awful for Blake's sake, but the other part just wanted my wings back. I walked away and I saw that most others were doing the same thing, no one wanted to be watched. As soon as I started training I knew I wasn't going to be able to do any of my moves right. Most of them took a flap of my wings, and even on the ones that didn't I was still too off balance to work correctly. Time and time again I fell, and time and time again instead of the lightness I felt at first with out my wings I was weighed down. Frustration filled me. I wouldn't be able to train now. I sighed the sun was going down anyway.

~~

When I woke up I felt normal. I looked around I was the first one up. I jumped up and without thought I tried to flap my wings and they were there! I jumped into the air and loved the way I didn't thud back to the ground. I had to wake up Blake. She had spent hours training last night trying to get her moves right she would be overjoyed. I flew closer to the fire. She was laying by Blaise and kaylee. Hopefully they had talked Blaise used to be her best friend. Now, they seemed to be growing apart.

I landed softly then leaned down to whisper in her ear. "Look behind you!" As I said the words I gave her a little shake. She turned and groaned. Her pain made me realize my own. I had been so happy I hadn't noticed how sore I was. I grimaced. Then forced myself to smile. "Hey" I whispered "we got our wings back." Blake jumped up before I could finiesh my sentence. "Wanna go for a fly?" I asked.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:13 pm
ultraviolet says...

Blake

"Wanna go for a fly?" Michel asked, excited. I was excited too, but not that excited.

"Just because I have my wings back does not mean that I'm any better at flying that before."

"Oh, come one," he said. "It'll be fun." He grabbed my hand and leaped up, flapping his wings and pulling me with him. Reluctantly I flapped my wings too, sending me up a little. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but it was actually a little fun if you could believe that.

Michel went all out, showing off, and did all these loops and twists and a million other things I wouldn't try for a million dollars. I mostly just flew back and forth a little, watching him. He looked so happy to be back in the air. It almost made me want to join in his craziness. Almost. But I had never almost wanted to before.

He flew back down and we both landed hand in hand. He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close.

"See," he said, tilting my face to look at his. "That wasn't so bad, now was it?"

"Maybe," I teased.

"Well why don't we try something that's not maybe so bad." He pulled me close and kissed me, his lips lingering on mine for several seconds before parting.

He gave me a look that said, "That?"

"That wasn't so bad," I said. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him again.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

116 Reviews

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:49 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

I fought with Ashton a while, fixing his posture when he stumbled. I always began again when I fixed it. I pulled my daggers up, seeing that he was scared from his eyes.

"Straiten your back," I said to him. He straitened up immediately. I moved over to him, nudging his foot over with mine. He smiled at me as I stood next to him. Then, I moved back over to my spot, holding my daggers up again. I lunged at him, and he jumped to the side. I shook my head.

"Keep still, move my hand away from you." He nodded, getting back where he was. I jumped back into my spot. Everyone else had stopped for a break, but I was determined to teach him what I knew. I wasn't going to let him get killed. I lunged again, and he wrapped his arm around my waist, and pulled me into his chest. I laughed, and looked at him. He pressed his lips to mine, then pulled away too soon.

I could feel my face turn bright red, and I could hear the others saying things about it.

~Ashton~

Her face turned red as she blushed. I touched her face with my fingertips. She was so beautiful with her wings. She seemed more of the angel she was. They all looked like angels to me, but she was the one I loved.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.
— Albus Dumbledore