z

Young Writers Society

Voltages (Closed)

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:08 am
tgirly says...

Twila-
Tori looks at Mince's wounds while Trevor and Nephil whisper amongst themselves, trying to shift gears from being enemies to working together. With nothing else to do, I cartwheel for a bit, feeling the mud below my feet, then between my fingers, then under my heels again. Wondrous.
"Did you know," I say to Stella, "that you never make up a face when you're dreaming? It's always a face you've seen before, even if you've forgotten it. Makes you wonder what else you've forgotten but still remember; doesn't it?"
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

Reviews: 4
Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:32 am
View Likes
SidereaAquila says...

Stella

"It does," I agree, looking over at Twila. I fall silent for a moment, but then decide I should try to be social.

"Have you ever heard of lucid dreaming?" I ask Twila. "Where you know you're in a dream? You can actually train yourself to do it. There are tests, like counting your fingers, or trying to breathe with your mouth shut and your nose plugged. If you do them enough during the day, you'll do them in the dream, too. In dreams, you sometimes have more than five fingers, so if you count your fingers in a dream, you can figure out that you're dreaming. Same goes for the breathing thing; you'll be able to breathe in a dream even if your nose and mouth are plugged."
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

374 Reviews

Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:25 am
tgirly says...

Twila-
I stopped cartwheeling for a moment and tilted my head to the side, looking at Stella. Then I giggled.
"I think we'll be great friends!" I said. She smiles and nods. I sit down beside her and we talk about lucid dreaming until Nephil and Travis are finished talking.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:09 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Nephil

Trevor stands beside me as I keep a careful watch on Zaen and Twila, making sure nothing happens last thing I need is disagreement going about the large group.

"Not entirely sure, but first, I have a reason to why I'm out here. Several Hidden Scout groups have gone missing out here, seeing the lot of you here it would only stand to logic that it must have been Loyalist dealing out the damage." I said.

Trevor looks at me weirdly and I can already tell that it wasn't him, but soon enough he makes his reply.

"Loyalist scout groups have gone missing as well, not to far from here. Hence why so little Loyalist to greet you while inside the base." He says.

I look at him the same way he looked at me, and I'm trying to piece together what could possibly being killing the groups out here. None it made sense.

"We must find out whats been causing the groups to go missing, I can not allow this to continue." I reply.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:49 am
View Likes
ArahAkachi1 says...

Mince

I open my eyes and the first thing I see is Nephil. Instinctively, I attempt to summon flames, but there's nothing. Reality hits me, and I hold back a sob. My powers were gone. I was just a mortal, not useful. I should just vanish. I would be holding everyone back.

I struggled to stand up, and I see everyone together. Loyalists and Hiddens, and they were...friends. I felt a pain in my chest. Jealousy. They were above me now, with their powers. I was just an empty shell now, a simple human. I could do nothing. Trying multiple times, Only thing I got was a warm feeling.

Tears welded up in my eyes, and I couldn't suppress it anymore. I broke down into sobs, not believing what happened. If those triplets hadn't shown up, i would still have my powers.
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

Reviews: 4
Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:46 am
View Likes
SidereaAquila says...

Stella

As Trevor and Nephil talked, I continued my conversation with Twila. We were talking about lucid dreaming--a particular interest of mine. I had trained myself to do it, like I told Twila earlier.

Twila was saying something about dreaming as two people at once, when I heard a sound behind me. It sounded like...crying. I turned around, and saw Mince, huddled in a ball on the ground, sobbing his eyes out.

"Mince!" I exclaimed, shuffling over to him. "What's wrong?"
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

374 Reviews

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:50 pm
View Likes
tgirly says...

Twila-
"Mince!" Stella said, "what's wrong?" I instinctively duck and turn around, but no one was attacking me. Mince was weeping hard.
It was the strangest thing I'd ever seen. Of course, I had cried when people had died and others probably did too, but I was too busy crying to notice what it was like to see other people cry.
I'd rather fight a dozen triplets at once than watch someone, anyone cry. So, completely helpless, I stood there like an idiot watching him sob as Stella tried to comfort him.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

9 Reviews

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:56 pm
View Likes
ArahAkachi1 says...

Mince

Stella came over and tried to comfort me. "Mince!" she said. "What's wrong?"

In answer, I showed her my arm, revealing my mark gone.

"Mince!" Trevor gasped, running over. Before anyone else came over, I put my sleeve down, and curled up on the ground, my sobs worse.
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:43 pm
View Likes
TheClosetKidnapper says...

Trevor

Mince curls up and starts sobbing, revealing his wrist. I rush over and notice the lack of a mark on his skin before he could pull his sleeve back down, confused and worried.

"S'okay, Mince," I comfort him once I compose myself, 'When we get back to camp... We'll figure everything out, I promise."
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

9 Reviews

Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:57 am
ArahAkachi1 says...

Mince

I smile up at Trevor, feeling safer. I closed my eyes, and once again entered my subconcious, where it was cold and heatless. I thought I felt some sort of heat for only a milisecond, but was discouraged when I searched.

Opening my eyes, I pushed myself to stand up. I Couldn't show any weakness.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
— Walt Disney