z

Young Writers Society

The Four Treasures

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:44 am
zelithon says...

I was getting annoyed. "Look it won't hurt you unless your weak. I know how to ride horses and giant dogs." he looked slightly offended by that so i treid a diffrent aproach, "It wuold prove to everyone here how stong you are. You promiced. I won't stop until you agree. Thaden looked weary as he said, "Fine a short ride hop on." I was delighted as i estactically got on his feathery or furry back, it was hard to tell the diffrence. "Ya!" I said jokingly as if he were a horse.
"not funny, this is digradeing enuoph as is" was all he said.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:52 am
Griffinkeeper says...

~Thaden Ma'lar~

"Okay, you've had your short hop. Now get off."
"I'm not getting off until you take me for a ride." Lireal said. A smile crossed my face. Gryphons were the ultimate sky warriors and here she was comparing me to horses, common beasts of burden.
"Fine, we'll go for a ride. Hang on tight. Easy on the feathers now, or I'll put you in my talons." She finally had a strong grip. I broke into a run and took off. I flapped hard and began circling to gain altitude. The elf was deceptively heavy. Not very heavy, but noticeable. I called on air magic for some extra lift and a good tail wind.
"This is amazing!" she screamed.
"Hang on!" I said. I did a barrel roll. She screamed, first out of fear, then out of enjoyment. I leveled out.

Suddenly, I felt an impact, followed by pain from the left wing. An arrow was in one of the wings, and had struck the joint. There was no way I could manuver with the wing. Lireal followed my gaze and gasped. In a few seconds, she would snap out of shock and start doing something desperate.
"No need to be concerned," I said quickly.
"What?"
"The arrow wound isn't that bad. We'll be safe, all we need to do is lose a couple hundred feet and make a slow descent." I lied. It was easily 400 feet, and there was nothing safe about landing with one wing. I moved my right wing down, starting a slow rightward orbit.
"Lireal, could you please move forward, so the wings don't hit you?"
"Are you sure your okay?"
"Fine, you think one of those small itty bitty arrows would bring me down? Nope, when the keeper built the gryphon he built them with these little things in mind. Do you see a clearing?"
"No, is that bad?"
"No, not at all." All that meant was that I'd hit a few trees on the way down. We were now at treetop level.
"HANG ON TIGHT!" I yelled. The right wing clipped the top of the tree, and then the fun really began. Lireal screamed as we went down.

I pulled in my wings and fell. Tree branches broke under me. I landed hard, pain shooting down my back, through my legs, and my wings. The horizon was changing rapidly.
"I think I'll pass out now," I said, before passing out.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:01 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

when i walked outside i first saw them flying lireal obviously enjoying it, then i saw a small red splat on the griffins wing. then they crashed into the forest. running up stairs i yelled in croak and alex's rooms "thaden and lireal are in trouble, they just crashed down into the forest i think thaden was shot" I quickly ran out towards towards the bar, i saw seraph asleep, shaking him awake.
Last edited by Dargquon Ql'deleodna on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:02 am
Ego says...

The second I felt the hands on my shoulders, I was instantly awake. I leapt to my feet and threw my shoulder into my adversary's chest, knocking the wiind out of him. Latching my hand onto his throat, I lifted him off his feet and pinned him to the wall of the Inn.
Last edited by Ego on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:10 am
Bobo says...

Croak hopped out of bed, threw on his clothes, and ran out the door. Pausing, he turned away from the forest and towards the bar where he had seen Seraph earlier. By the sounds of it, we're gonna need as much help as we c'n get, he thought. Rushing into the bar, he told Seraph what was going on, then rushed over to a traveling merchant and bought a new black cloak and came back to Seraph, waiting for the big man to respond.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
sabradan says...

Valin Norovir:

I woke up with a hangover. I was still in the copper dragon, my arms across a table, over what looked like a very high-stakes game of poker. All the other theives were passed out. Groggily, I forced myself awake, and looked around the room. There was a small satchel bag that most likely contained the information I was playing for last night.
"I guess this means I win" I thought to myself, grabbing the satchel bag. As I walked towards the door, I stopped and went back to the passed out bodies of the theives in the Copper Dragon. I searched all their bodies for anything of use or value, of which there were decent amounts. There were many concealed weapons, a few poisons, even less antidotes and a couple bags of gold and silver. I filched it.

"This could come in handy" I thought. As I trudged back towards the Inn, I had a strange feeling that Seraph hadn't returned last night either. I went into the Pub where I thought he went the night before, and sure enough, he was passed out drunk. I saw he still had cold beer left in his mug, and I can't waste good ale, so I finished his drink for him, and collapsed again, opposite him at his table.

(this okay so far?)
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

576 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:14 am
Ego says...

OOC: okay, order of events; Valin comes in and finishes Seraph's beer, with Seraph passed out at the table. DQ runs in and shakes Seraph, Seraph pins DQ, then Croak comes in when Seraph is pinning DQ to the wall.
Got YWS? I do.

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:24 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

gasping for breath i managed to say a few words as my windpipe was being slowly crushed "thaden... lireal... forest... shot down....." then trying to get away from seraph i pushed him away with my telekinesis. Massaging my throat i managed to say "what the hell was that for"
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

576 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:26 am
Ego says...

I didn't answer him. Dropping him back to his feet, I grabbed my shield and blade and headed for the door.

"Come on. The horses are in the stable." I brushed briskly by Croak and Valin, leaving Driznarden standing there looking very confused.
Got YWS? I do.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:56 am
Bobo says...

Croak leapt after Seraph, bounding quickly past him and into the forest.

147 Reviews

Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:02 pm
sabradan says...

There was a huge rucus in the Inn, and so I figured I had better get up. I saw the Drow grasping his neck, sucking air as if he were being choked, and Croak and Seraph running out of the Inn. I quickly followed suit, leaving the Drow to his own devices.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:54 am
zelithon says...

My turn?

I was cut and bruised all over but nothing compared to Thaden who was a mess. It was all my fault too. I shuold have never made him give me a ride. "Help!" i calld out weakly.
Then without thinking I leaped. A spell hit me that had been aimed for Thaden. I had blocked it from him out of simple reflex. It felt like a bellyflop, but otherthan that i felt fine. I guessed that it only effected griffins. I was wrong.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

576 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:48 am
Ego says...

"Come on, come on..." I whispered under my breath as the horse galloped between my legs. In actuality, I cared nothing for the female drow that went down with Thaden Ma'Lar--the Griffin mattered more than any number of drow lives.

The others were near enough behind me, with Croak having already hopped off to help them. Hoping whatever shot them down had not already found my feathered companion, I spurred my horse into a sprint, following the rough path before me.

[i]Not gonna happen. Not my friend.[i] I reached to my hip and pulled forth my longsword, lowering its tip till it pointed to the ground.

I came upon the clearing where Thaden lay motionless on the forest floor. The drow lay a few feet away from him, sprawled out in an unnatural position. Leaping off the horse's back, I rushed over to the fallen griffin and checked his pulse. It was faint, but steady. Removing my fingers from his neck, I looked around the clearing my blade still drawn.
Got YWS? I do.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:39 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Is there any interest in reviving this storybook?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

147 Reviews

Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:44 am
sabradan says...

yes. I do.

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

Attention is the beginning of devotion.
— Mary Oliver, Upstream