z

Young Writers Society

Snowed In

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:17 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Nubes sighed and rubbed his temples. "Maybe if you'd talked to either Lasan or Mal - because they've been through this stuff before - they could have informed you that the odds of that happening are next to none. It's either some magical accident, or some factor or malevolent figure that originates from the world we've ended up in. Your being here is extremely likely to be a matter of circumstance. Wrong place at the wrong time, as it were."
Last edited by TheSilverFox on Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:21 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Briar tilted her head, "My sister was only a room over when I arrived here. We were mere feet apart. Why would only I have been transported if she was so close?"
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

299 Reviews

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:52 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"It also doesn't make much sense," Nubes said. "But what little sense it does make suggests that Hero's brother couldn't possibly be responsible for any of this."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:50 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"That's what I've come to realize now," he said. "I guessed it wasn't his fault when I saw the thing back there - it couldn't have been one of his creations. I decided to use my magic because of it."

He didn't say anything else. Hearing his nickname spoken made him think of Steve and Alex - they had been the last ones to call him it, before...

He dug his fingers into his palms harder.

They didn't understand what Notch did to those that got close to him. They couldn't understand the ways that Notch used his magic; even though he was the god of light and Herobrine was the god of darkness, it was the former that used his abilities to manipulate more.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:16 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Briar gave Ryder- no - Herobrine a curious look.

"Which name do you prefer?" she asked, thinking of her own second name. What she was called had different connotations, different actions and what few personas she was capable of attached. She had no preference herself, but that didn't mean that he held the same sentiment, or lack of sentiment.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Herobrine," he said. "Ryder's just an alias."
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:31 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She nodded to show she understood and changed the subject, "Do any of you know how to kill that thing?" she asked, deeming it the more important issue.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He shook his head.

"It's not my creation, and it's not my brother's," he said. "I think it was made by people. If this place - and the world outside of the bunkers - is anything to go off of, I think it was something that was created after whatever happened here."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:33 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Well, Herobrine," Nubes said, "What can you do with your darkness magic? I doubt that creature is particularly strong - it couldn't move that much, and I feel like it would've killed us if it had the ability -"

"Um, Nubes?" Lasan piped up. The leopard turned back to find the lizard had let go of the handle. It took a couple seconds for Nubes to pick up on what Lasan had - a faint tapping noise in the distance. Like metal against metal.

The leopard swiveled around and began to run towards the lizard. "Oh, sh-" Nubes began.

A tremendous boom! rang out through the bunker. The door leading to the monster blew open, slamming against the adjacent wall and making way for a wall of flames that poured into the room. The entire bunker shook, the metal warping and bending and shrieking. It was enough to send Nubes to the floor; Lasan, meanwhile, clung onto the door nearest to him.

The flames faded away quickly enough, but the damage had been done. One end of the table at the center of the room had already caught on fire, and the rest of the table crumbled as some of the screens dropped from the ceiling, breaking apart in a shower of glass and wires.

Nubes flipped himself around, staring at the destroyed table. "F***," he growled. "Is everyone alright?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:29 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Unprepared for the sudden burst of flames and pressure, Herobrine joined Nubes on the floor - shrapnel digging into his skin. It stung a little, but it was nothing too bad; he was able to heal the little injuries after removing the bits of screen.

He hurried to his feet.

"I'm okay," he said. He looked at the flames. He wanted to figure out what was going on, but the more pressing issue was avoiding the fire.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:34 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Briar got back to her feet. Her ears were ringing and she might have been a bit bruised, but she was lucky enough not to have been hit by shrapnel in the explosion.

“I’m unhurt,” she said, finishing checking herself for injuries and thanking the gods that the safety had been on on her gun. Then she remembered one of those gods might be in the room with her. She filed that odd thought away for later.

he/they

299 Reviews

Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:36 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Nubes flopped back down onto the floor. He couldn't hear the others too well, but it sounded like they were okay. And so was he, though his ears were ringing and he could feel shards of metal and glass in his legs. Ugh.

Quickly running over, Lasan crouched down beside Nubes and set a scaly paw on the leopard's ankle. "We need to go check on Lust and Gluttony," Nubes said, ignoring the light that flashed over his injuries, or the shards that popped out of his legs. "They were sitting right next to that gas fire."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:55 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He nodded. "We should hurry."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:06 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Nodding, Nubes grabbed onto the floor and started to pull himself up.

Only for one of his arms to give way and send him crashing back down.

"Just a little bit of shock," Lasan said (too calmly - Nubes clearly wasn't the only person in shock), picking Nubes up and slinging the leopard over his shoulder. "We'll get that checked on when we get out of here."

Nubes nodded, fighting off a wave of nausea. "Lead the way, Herobrine," he said, looking at the god in question.

95 Reviews

Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:18 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Briar tucked her gun away and examined the others. Most people didn't respond well to explosions. There would be (hopefully temporary) hearing loss for those who were closer to the explosion, not to mention the shrapnel.

She wasn't worried about Herobrine. There was no use worrying about a god. The others, though, she looked over carefully. They didn't look good. Not is great traveling condition, not if they wanted to move fast.

"Wait," she said, "Just a moment. Hurrying on without ensuring that everyone is adequately recovered can and will result in more injury. My sister and I learned that the hard way. We should just get out of reach of the flames and take a moment to check for injuries and recover."

he/they

When she transformed into a butterfly, the caterpillars spoke not of her beauty, but of her weirdness. They wanted her to change back into what she always had been. But she had wings.
— Dean Jackson