Young Writers Society

Demigods: Camp *Still open*

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:24 pm
MilkNCookies says...

um... can I post?
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:01 pm
Sunshine says...

Uh funky is inarge... I bet you can though Milkie.

~Daemond~

"Duh..." I hiss," It's capture the flag. No demi-god is gonna be able to cut it."
"Looks like your stuck then," he smiles.
"No!"
I try and struggle up.
"You need to find a Nyph or a Dryd!'
"Ha! You in trouble then."
I finally wriggle myself up. Using my pinned down hand I try and get the plants to cut the rope. No use.
"Just find one...Please."
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

49 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:49 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Araya (Dryad) Is this ok? I haven't read the series...!

Dryad? Had I heard that? It seemed to be coming from a net. I slid my back again the tree, my hair browning, my skin turning bark-colored as well.

Thank you. I said to my tree. It nodded spiritually.

Once the noise had died down, I moved away from the tree. The vines were attached, still. Good; wouldn't want to become a mortal, would I? No, better to stay with my tree friends. I looked around was that... a mortal? Stuck to a tree about 20 feet away? I giggled to myself.

Come now. help him, the poor dear. The tree said. I looked up at her.

Fine. I grumbled. I walked forward, the vines around me lengthening.

"Do you need some help?" I asked him.

"Didn't even have to look around!" HE said. "yes, please." I looked over at the boy, surrounded by rope. I saw what else was going on around them. Capture the flag. oh, dear. I loath capture the flag; on of my vines were cut by one of them.

"Do you need help, too? I asked the guy in the net.

"Please!" HE replied. i sighed heavily.

"Alright. Him first." I said, walking over to the tree. It was a boy-tree; about 50 years old. Looking over to the demi-god attached to it, I saw he watched me with anxious eyes. I put my hands and cheek onto the tree, and began to sing to the tree,. The branches slowly retracted, releasing his grip on the boy.

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:46 pm
WrittenInStone says...

Katherine - Poseidon

I turned just in time to spot a Dryad helping the oposing team members that I'd managed to trap. "NO!" I shouted in rage, flinging out my powers in time to trap the creature before she could free Daemond. My breathing was coming fast and whomever was ontop of me wasn't letting up, I suddenly twisted, getting to my feet and dodging the narrowly missed blade and grabbed the flag. I smirked and began to run.
-
Antoine - Zeus.

Leaping to my feet in time to watch Katherine flee with the flag was agony, I took one look at Daemond and shook my head with a sigh. "Well, we've lost."
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:23 pm
Dragonet says...

>When you say "flinging out my powers to trap her" do you mean a wall of water, or just a powerful net?<

Tristen~Satyr

I rushed up to the Dryad after I made sure Katherine had left, I it wouldn't help anyone if I was captured as well. Just think, a captured dryad! And I would be her rescuer, I wondered how she'd thank me. "Hey there, sweet cheeks, need some help?" I smiled. Her head snapped around to look at me, and she rolled her eyes.

"Yes, that would be nice," she said in mock reply.

"Don't you worry," I said, trying to look as heroic as possible. "I'll get you out in no time. It looks like a pretty strong net, but it's no match for me. Why I --"

"Would you stop your prideful babbling and get me out of here?!" She interrupted.

"Oh...right. I was just doing that." The only problem, was that I didn't know how exactly I would free her from a raging wall of water.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

70 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:49 pm
WrittenInStone says...

--- I should have been more specifique but I did infact mean a wall of water, like thing but it would perhaps be a kind of net to prevent escape.----

Katherine - Poseidon.

I watched with chagrin as the satyr aided the Dryad and covered my disgust into concentration as I blew past my team and the other with the flag in tow. I was nearly there, my pounding feet and hearbeat made a strange rhythm that I followed with the feeling in my gut as I kept the wall up.
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

49 Reviews

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:58 am
MilkNCookies says...

Araya =) (I'm going to change my picture. thanks!)

I twirled my arms, branches coming to my rescue.

"I can do this." I told him. I pulled tightly on the ropes, and they sliced through the wall. It broke down around me. "Thank you though." I mumbled.

"I am Tristen. You, my dear, are new." HE said. i got up dusting dirt fomr my arms.

"Yes. I am Araya." I said. "Will you please tell me how long they'll be trying to kill each other? I don't want them to break the vines. It hurts me." I said.

"It depends." HE said, standing as high as his goat hooves would let him, trying to spot the flag counts. "I don't know. Look at that! I don't even know!" He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Tristan, the all mighty and powerful. Shall you take me under your wing- foreleg- as well, of gracious Satyr?" I mock asked.

"If you'd want-"

"I was kidding." I said, sort of annoyed with him. I didn't need a Satyr pestering me! But then again, if a boy lights my tree of fire again, like the last... I could need a friend. he could be a pretty good buddy, if I needed him to. Maybe- just MAYBE- moreo then that. Wait. Did I just think that! Suer, he's cute, but he's a frigging SATYR! I sighed.

'I'm sorry." He said. "But you DID offer."

"Of course. I wouldn't damage your pride!" I said. "What's the rest of the camp like?" I asked him.

~Dr.Seuss.

131 Reviews

Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:46 am
Sunshine says...

~Daemond~

I smirk over at Antoine.
"Do you seriously think I'm gonna give up, after all this?"
With that, I sprint after Katherine, pulling myself in front of her. Quickly I pull up the vines (looks like those powers have use after all!) and wrap them around her ankles. Trying to pull the flag from her hand only to feel it attached to her. Damn it!
"Give it up Daemond," she says with a grin as she elbows me in the face.
Losing my focous with the plants, I hold my face. Stupid hard elebow! Katherine takes off and i watch through my good eye has the Aphrodite waltzes in front of her.
"Give me the flag. Please. I have a...plan."
STUPID Aphrodite, grinning I take in toward them, Only to find out that Antoine already was there.
"Give up the flag girls."
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

70 Reviews

Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:34 pm
WrittenInStone says...

Katherine- Poseidon.

Are they really that stupid? Even this Aphrodite child, to believe that I'd give up the flag for a moment. It's time for drastic mesures, and with that I turn against my teammate, knocking her into the arms of Antoine and narrowly avoiding Daemond's next attempt at using his powers. I'm on the run again, my breathing is still normal, considering the cold weather as I run faster. I'm nearly there, the boundary line is just over these hills, and that was when the lightning began to fly. Antoine, I cursed him. "Are you insane!" I scream, not looking back, which was a mistake because just as I launched myself over the hills, and over the boundary line, the flag changing colours I was suddenly jerked back. My back hitting the ground on my teams side as I felt like I was being burned, every nerve was on fire and I watched through narrowed eyes as darkness crept up the edges of my vision. I hate lightning, was my last thought.
-
Antoine- Zeus.

I watched her, blandly, my expression never wavering from boredum. She had to be unconscious, or atleast dead. I shrugged, and turned to Daemond. "Little good that did." I say with a smile, one dead demi-god wasn't going to hurt anything. I may be punished but it never bothered me, only the Hades children will find her spirit.

|| Wisp. ||

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:41 pm
Funkymomo says...

Luna-
I awakened in time to see a hand grab the flag I had been so close to getting. It was KAtherine, she had gotten away from her fight and was gonna win for us! I slowly stood up and watched her run away. Groggily, I stumbled towards where KAtherine had run. Better wherever she's going than waiting here. I looked around for some sign of people, but their was nothing. I started jogging faster as I regained my strength.

I had just about reached the boundary line when I heard Katherine screech, " Are you insane?" I ran faster towards her voice. Even through the dense trees, I saw flashes of lighting that were surely the work of Antoine. The light got brighter, and brighter, until it suddenly stopped. I walked a few more steps past a tree blocking my view, and saw Antoine and Daemond walking away. The flag was next to them, and it was blue. Katherine must have done it! She won! My rejoicing ended quickly as I saw her unconsious on the ground. Antione had zapped her. She was still breathing, but barely. I grabbed her and started carrying her back to camp.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

70 Reviews

Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:47 pm
WrittenInStone says...

Katherine- Poseidon

My consciousness flickered in and out, vague outlines of people where all I could see. It hurt every time I was jostled and I cried out in pain, it wasn't more of a cry than it was a whimper. I just wanted to go to sleep, escape the pain that was now everywhere. I felt numb with the pain, it was all there was in the world anymore. I couldn't tell what time it was, who I was and what was going on. I had only one friend, one enemy; the pain.

|| Wisp. ||

49 Reviews

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:39 am
MilkNCookies says...

Araya

I saw the girl being tugged through the trees. My eyes opened wide.

"I'm,- I'm sorry. I have to help!" I told Tristan.

"Nonsense. I must come with you!" HE said. I rolled my eyes and took off towards them.

"Wait!" both Tristian and I called. The girl towing the unconscious child turned to look. We got to them.

"I'm going back to camp." She explained.

"Let me dull the pain until you get there." I whispered. I didn't wait for her captor to answer. I knelt down, and kissed her forehead. I saw - felt, really- the pain washing away.

"You have my blessing. May it stop the ouches." I said. Tristan knelt down as well, kissing her hand.

"May the pain be harbored until dawn, for thee, because strong as you are-"

"Tristan, we don't need a sermon. Just a simple blessing." i grumbled.

"- it will still sap more strength then you have, a lightning bolt. Feel no pain until you get attention." He finished, not even listening. I waited for one of their replies.

~Dr.Seuss.

70 Reviews

Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:26 pm
WrittenInStone says...

MilkNCookies wrote:Araya

I saw the girl being tugged through the trees. My eyes opened wide.

"I'm,- I'm sorry. I have to help!" I told Tristan.

"Nonsense. I must come with you!" HE said. I rolled my eyes and took off towards them.

"Wait!" both Tristian and I called. The girl towing the unconscious child turned to look. We got to them.

"I'm going back to camp." She explained.

"Let me dull the pain until you get there." I whispered. I didn't wait for her captor to answer. I knelt down, and kissed her forehead. I saw - felt, really- the pain washing away.

"You have my blessing. May it stop the ouches." I said. Tristan knelt down as well, kissing her hand.

"May the pain be harbored until dawn, for thee, because strong as you are-"

"Tristan, we don't need a sermon. Just a simple blessing." i grumbled.

"- it will still sap more strength then you have, a lightning bolt. Feel no pain until you get attention." He finished, not even listening. I waited for one of their replies.

Katherine - Poseidon

It was strange, some of the pain was vanishing but I could still feel it somewhere, it was there but I was numb. Numb to my surroundings, and just then I opened my eyes. I could see the satyr and dryad before me, but they were strangely colored. A strange greenish light around them was all I could see, and I don't know why, but I felt as though I were dead. "Tristan?" I remembered him, for he had been the satyr to rescue me when I'd been discovered by the monsters. I, however, didn't know who the dryad was, and already the darkness was creeping back into my vision.

|| Wisp. ||

131 Reviews

Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:33 pm
Sunshine says...

~Daemond~

So I guess it was over. We were all standing over Katherine. Well, except for Antoine. He stood a bit off, scraping dirt out of his nails. He'd zapped Katherine for no good reason, the idiot. They'd already won. My legs moved toward him, unconciously. He looks up.
"Good work out there, going crazy n'all."
"Why'd you zap Katherine?"
" 'Cause she was on the other team. She was gonna win."
"Gods! Your such an idiot. SHE. HAD. ALREADY. WON."
"So? Doesn't matter."
Calm. Calm down. Be calm. Calm is good.
"You could of killed her!"

---The Book Thief---

70 Reviews

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:05 pm
WrittenInStone says...

Antoine - Zeus

I looked at him a long moment before shrugging, "If only." was all I replied.
It would have done me good to see that damned Poseidon child dead. Maybe if she had been killed then I'd be kicked out of this god-forsaken place. Strange how that made little sense to me. Other than my rambling mind I glowered at Daemond, my eyes meeting his.
"Why do you care? You were all about slicing open her throat a minute ago." I growled.
I saw Daemond pause, he didn't seem to know what to say. I took that as my chance to tell him something that I'd been realizing, it had actually solidified my knowledge when they were dueling it out with their swords.
I examined my nails as I spoke, dirt still under them from the damned net she'd decided to use. "You know, it seems to me like Katherine has some sort of .. crush - i'd say- on you."
Daemond froze, this time his eyes were a bit wide but otherwise he kept his expression blank. "She does not. She's a friend." he told me, and I rolled my eyes. "If only you'd open your eyes you blind idiot." I sighed tiredly, "If you don't want to believe it, then don't. I've nothing left to say to make you believe. If she dies, I'll be the only one smiling, apparently."
and with that I turned away, flexing my fingers.
-
Katherine - Poseidon

The numbness was wearing away, I choked on my cries of pain wishing that I could just die and float in the darkness instead of suffering this horrid feeling. Struggling to keep breathing normally with the shards of agony that drove themselves into my body, I flexed my fingers. Unconsciously making water trail after me. The strand of liquid following Luna as she brought me to Chiron or somewhere to be healed. It was strange that I knew this, and suddenly my mind cleared for a moment. There was someone that I wanted to speak to, to see if he was alright that I should appologize for his cut that I'd given out of pety anger. "Daemond?" I suddenly cried out, before it seemed to have sapped my energy, the water collapsed. Gone. I lay limp, the darkness in my vision.

|| Wisp. ||

I exist as I am, that is enough
— Walt Whitman