z

Young Writers Society

Lakeview High

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:03 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Brooklyn stared at Taylor's phone, wide eyes. Within seconds she was out the door, cranking Taylor's car repeatedly. "Brooke! Where are you going?!" Taylor shouted, running after Brooklyn, who was in nothing but a yellow tank top and a pair of blue Spongebob pajama pants.

"To the hospital!" Brooklyn screamed, yanking out of the driveway right as Taylor got in.

"Brook, Brook slow dow- AHH!" Taylor screamed as Brooklyn swerved swiftly around a slow jilopi car and back into the lane seconds before a car going the opposite way drove passed, honking wildly. "Brook!"

~

Ten minutes later, Brooklyn was barreling out of her car, running into the hospital. The nurses around her looked up at her lividly. "Where the hell is Jayke?!" She screamed loudly, her hair falling out of its messy bun. Trent suddenly appeared in the hall and Brooklyn ran in his direction, almost falling when she stopped abruptly in from of Jayke's bedroom, her feet sliding out from under her slightly.

"Oh my god..." Taylor breathed when she appeared. Jayke's left leg was up in a gurney, along with his stitched and wrapped up right arm. His throwing arm. Brooklyn stumbled forward, ignoring the doctor who told her to be careful with him, and fell into the chair, staring at Jayke in shock.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:08 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Taylor looked at Jayke her mouth open. "Oh my God. Wh-what happened?"

"He got wasted, and ran into a semi." Trent replied. A chocked sob tore from Brooklyn as she covered her mouth. "Tay, he isn't going to fight death." The last part he whispered.

"Sure he will, he's Jayke."

"No, he thinks he lost Brook, he doesn't want to live with that."
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:24 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Brooklyn took Jayke's uninjured hand, her bottom lip quivering. She could hear everything they said. And everything the doctor was saying to them. "I'm guessing she's his girlfriend." Both Taylor and Trent nodded, Brooklyn knew that much. "Well, as you can see, he's not in very good condition. His arm was broken three times. Twice in the radius and once in the ulna. And his tibia was completely, totally crushed by the undercarriage on the car. His left kidney ruptured, after he was thrown into the gear shift, and we repaired it, but he had some damage done to his head, that might keep him in a comatose state at the least amount of six months."

Six months?! He couldn't be in a coma for six months! Brooklyn wouldn't let that happen. Another sob wracked her body once the doctor left, Taylor and Trent following slowly behind to call everyone.

"Jayke," Brooklyn sobbed, tightening her grip, "Jayke you can't do this. I love you Jayke, you can't." She sniffed, pressing her forehead to his knuckles weakly.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:28 pm
TNCowgirl says...

****I've nothin, any ideas****
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:36 pm
Chupatoasta says...

**Maybe he could have a dream the entire time he's there... and hear Brooklyn every time she visits, and then I'll post a skip of maybe three months... i don't know**
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:43 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Jayke tried to wake up, to move, but he couldn't. He could feel something warm and soft at the tip of his hands, but he couldn't move them. He felt like he was in cement, everything was numb. He drifted back into a dream. Brook was standing by the waterfall with her back to him. He walked over and turned her around kissing her.

"I love you, Jayke." She smiled at him.

"I love you too, Brooky." He kissed her again. Before he could do anything she turned into Brittney. He moved away. Brook was at his right.

"I thought you loved me." She was crying.

"I do, I...." She turned and ran off and he went after her, but he could never find her. No matter how hard he looked, or how hard he chsed her, he couldn't find her.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:00 pm
Chupatoasta says...

"I'll see you later Brook!" Taylor called to Brooklyn, who was holding her books tightly to her chest. Brooklyn smiled back at her friend sadly and waved goodbye. Ever since Jayke's accident in January, nothing seemed to matter anymore. Her grades had been plummeting, and she's slowly stopped talking to everyone. It was like her body was walking around without a soul. So much for going to a good college. Even that didn't matter. All that mattered to her, was getting Jayke back. The whole month of January she hadn't gone to school and she stayed in the hospital and Jayke's side everyday.

It was now April. Jayke had been in a coma for three month and twenty-five days. Yes, Brooklyn had been counting. She had been counting every month, every week, day, hour, minute, and second since she last talked to him. Getting into her car, she drove lifelessly to the hospital, taking the elevator to Jayke's room. The doctors knew her well by now, and she'd even made friends with a few of the other patients, mostly the elderly.

When she walked into Jayke's room, her smile softened from being fake, to a true one. "Hey Jayke," she smiled softly, taking his hand in hers and dropping her bag to the ground. His arm and leg had both healed miraculously, as the doctor had said. Brooklyn, unafraid to do something like she had been in the beginning, laid down next to Jayke, resting her head beside his. "So, the baseball team won again. Can you believe it? Apparently we're going to state now. Today, god it was hilarious, but today Brittney fell down the stairs. I think Taylor pushed her, but I'm not going to admit it. Her boobs popped, and the whole school got a laugh. Cheslar's due in two months, and Adam asked her to marry him. You remember Adam, right? The collage guy that helped you and Trent catch Brendon, who, by the way, is serving ten years on underage rape charges, along with molestation. Cheslar's dad is overjoyed about her and Adam. They're going to get married after graduation. Adam wanted me to tell you hi, and that he hopes you get better." The next few hours were filled with Brooklyn catching Jayke up on the day.

"Brook, it's time to go sweety." An old nurse came to the door. Brooklyn smiled softly and nodded, kissing Jayke on the cheek softly.

"Love you," she smiled, sliding off the bed.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:17 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Jayke loved when Brook came to visit. He could hear every word she told him. He could feel her too, he just couldn't respond.

"Your doing good, buddy." He heard his normal nurse say. "Doc says you can hear us from all the brain usage whenever someone is with you. You better get better soon, that girl is like a walking shell. Every day it seems her eyes dim more and more. I can't stand to see her wither away anymore. Well, now it's on to the next room. I'll come check on you later." Jayke smiled, well tried to, at that. He always did. But this time his lips moved.

"Oh my goodness, DOCTOR!" The nurse yelled. Jayke was confused. He didn't know he had smiled.

"Whats wrong?"

"He smiled, I think he's coming back." The nurse said. He felt the doctor touch his wrist.

"Can you move your fingers, try." He said. Jayke concentrated on his finger. It must've moved because there was alot of comotion. He was confussed, he still couldn't open his eyes, how could he move his fingers?
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:37 pm
Chupatoasta says...

The call had came at about eight at night, right after Brooklyn had made dinner for herself and was about to curl up on the couch and watch another romance movie. "Hello?" She asked softly after taking a bite of vegetable stew.

"Brooklyn Hendricks?" It was the doctor. Just his voice made her fill with hope.

"Yes?"

"He's responding," her spoon clattered into her disk, causing Elvis to jump and bark at the sound. She quickly asked the doctor to continue. "He smiled at Nurse Aggie right after you left the hospital, and then he was moving his fingers, squeezing hands, and even moving his lips as if he tried to form words. It's truly remarkable." Her heart was leaping in joy.

"Great! I'll be there tomorrow afternoon!" She couldn't contain her joy, and after she hung up, screamed happily. It was a sign. He was coming back. He was fighting to come back.

After dinner Brooklyn fed Elvis and Monty, took a quick shower, and went to bed, eager for the night to end and next school day to pass by quickly.

*UGH*
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:44 pm
TNCowgirl says...

****I have to run to wal-mart for gas and the likes****

Jayke slept well that night without any of the normal nightmares. He woke up the next morning to comotion in his room. He didn't know who it was.

"Alright, everythign checks up. I'm sure Brook will be here at her normal time." The nurse said. He smiled and she patted his head.

***I"ll be back***
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:45 am
Chupatoasta says...

**Kay, I had to go run anyway. Shed some pounds before softball. Yuck. I can't be more that twenty pounds over the normal weight limit for someone my height, so yeah, it sucks. I have to lose like... fifteen pounds :(**

Brooklyn waved goodbye to Taylor, a smile on her face for the first time in months. "Bye Brookey!" Taylor yelled happily, Brooklyn smiling widely and waving excitedly.

"See you Tay!" She laughed, running to her car. She got in happily, speeding her way to the hospital. She danced through the doors, waving happily at Jayke's nurse before running into Jayke's room excitedly. "Hey Jayke," she smiled softly, slowing her pace to a brisk walk. She laid down on the bed beside him, running her hands through his hair. A smile adorned his face and she giggled softly, kissing him on the forehead. "Just a little more Jayke. Just a little bit more, and I'll be able to see you again." She smiled softly, talking his twitching hand in her's.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:52 am
TNCowgirl says...

***Dang, ya i have bball practice tomorrow that I"m not looking forward to. I'm so out of shape.***

Jayke wanted so bad to see her. He focused on squeezing her hand though.

"See, your getting it. I can't wait until I can see your eyes." He heard her say as she brushed hair from his eyes. He tried his best to say that I'm sorry, but he could only mouth the words and hope she got it.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:04 am
Chupatoasta says...

Tears sprung from Brooklyn's eyes as she watched his lips move. She shook her head quickly, tucking some of his hair behind his ear. "I've already forgiven you Jayke. That means nothing to me now. All I want is for you to wake up." She smiled softly, blue eyes looking down at him lovingly.

*OH MY GOD! My friend wants me to right her a story! :D I feel so obliged! :D Sorry, I was on the phone with her for a bit*
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:12 am
TNCowgirl says...

***It's cool. :D ***

Jayke smiled, he was tired, the littlest things took the majority of his energy. he mouthed that he loved her and then felt himself drift to sleep.

*~*~*

**Sure**

A few days later Jayke could open his eyes. When Brook walk in he saw her smile light up and she ran over laying on the bed next to him.

"Your eyes are open." She smiled.

"Ya." It was hard to talk, but he could a little.

"You can talk!" She kissed him and he smiled against her lips.

"A little." He replied when she pulled away. She threaded her hand in his and he squeezed it.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:26 am
Chupatoasta says...

Brooklyn smiled softly. "Well, I'm so happy." She smiled softly. "You know I forgive you, right?"

*sorry, busy*
George Bernard Shaw

You don't need to follow me! You don't need to follow anybody! You got to think for yourselves!
— Brian Cohen