z

Young Writers Society

The Legend of the Mages (Started/Still Accepting)

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:55 pm
KingLucifer says...

Zan

Rose and Twilight were in my hands, it seemed like she was ready to continue battle. That sword tho, what can it do exactly? I tightened and readied up for battle, I waited as others began to back off apprentices going with there masters to watch the battle unfold. I breathed deeply, and then it began.

Spoiler! :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh_HqNupXNc
A bit of music for the battle.

She came at me with lightning fast speed, something only sages and apprentices knew how to do. If I hadn't been a Lightning Sage, she would have caught me on the first. I side step her and already have my guns aimed at her head, she moves out of the way and raises her sword to swipe at me, but I flip backwards before it could catch me. It had just barely nicked my shirt. I put Rose and Twilight away, knowing I wasn't going to out range Lycora. I draw Silver Fang and go in for a head on battle against her, moving at lightning fast speeds me and Lycora fought like beasts, the battle got crazier and crazier as it went on. Eventually I run up a wall and keep pushing myself further and further, sheathing Silver Fang. I ready to start using White and Lightning.

I back flip and plummet towards Lycora, Lighting crackled in my hand as White as it could be. I was using my two magics together to form something stronger, my hand raised in the air my fingers curled into a claw as I fall towards her BAM! right into Lycora's sword I went, blood dripped from my hand as we were falling faster than we should be. My hand pushing against her sword as we were about to hit the ground, I kick Lycora in the side to move her in the air. The pace were going at would have surely killed her, but I land first and catch her in my arms, her sword slamming into the ground sticking out.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

97 Reviews

Reviews: 97
Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:38 pm
summergrl13 says...

Spoiler! :
Can someone bring in Reia?
I will review for you! PM about it if you need one!

Come check out my new story at topic53543.html

Reviews: 1
Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:22 pm
Eru says...

Lycora

Petra...

I know, we're screwed.

It's not that, the sword's energy level is back to normal.

Zan put me down, "Where did you get that sword?" she asked, looking at her bloody hand the whole time, "And what happened to my magic?"

It didn't work, that's weird. At least you only got hit with the white magic.

I don't think I did get hit with that... I unsuccessfully tried to steady myself, "I took the sword from home and sealed it before I left for here. You probably know about the Runiswick's 'golden weapon' right? I think this is it." Lamina, go seal the sword. She's still on her guard. Lamina dropped from my hand and went over to it, making sure to take the safe way up the sword to the hilt "Seal." I muttered. A flash of white magic came from the jewel in the pommel before it turned back into my hairpin. "There's your magic."

She frowned. Yeah, that's not something you'd see every day. "Lycora, we're going to have to talk later. I think Reia finally decided to show up. Oh, and go take a break." she hesitated, "One more round!" Everybody heard that and redrew their weapons. I was in no mood to talk so I grabbed my hairpin and let Lamina get back onto my arm before I used my remaining magic to scale the wall to the window of my room.

I wonder what she's going to say.

I sighed and collapsed on the bed. Same here
Last edited by Eru on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:04 pm
ArahAkachi1 says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry my post is late, I've been busy with ROTC, ROTC Drill Team/Color Guard, getting ready for our Drill meet, and helping Student Council with homecoming :/.

Jason Graves/Hyp-Wind

I shook my head after the failed attempt at the sneak attack and was confused when the stranger came. I looked up at the balcony where my master Nikita was. She beckoned me to come to her and I nodded. Silently, I concentrated wind beneath my feet and launched myself into the air, with amazing speed, landing beside her.

"That was a good try," she told me, trying to be supportive. I nodded and looked down at the ground where Zan and Lycora were about to start their battle.

They exchanged blow after blow, and started moving quicker and quicker, until I could hardly pay attention. That was when I noticed I was seeing things, as my hyperness increased. I giggled and sat down, and started to spin with the wind pushing me.

Nikita smiled at me, not even worrying.
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

Reviews: 3
Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:51 am
Xaxas96 says...

Will/Frost

William watched from the balcony his master was training with the rest of the apprentices. He watched as Zan didn't break a sweat against them. The four apprentices were doing a team exercise, the plan was almost flawless. Marcus took the initiative and shot fireballs. Next was Jason who was smart to attack from behind, a rush of wind hit Zan and blasted her forward to Marcus as he readied his fireball. Rory off in the distance readying his pistols, Zan gets smart and use the winds to her advantage leaning forward and start running with the burst of speed thanks to the wind. Zan left the ground as Marcus throws his fireball only to have it blasted back at him by the wind, Rory's pistol fires missing by inches. Zan sheath Silver fang and take out Rose and Twilight and began shooting at Lycora feet, she panics and lost balance falling on her rear end. After that someone shows up, Will didn't know who he was and didn't take the initiative to find out.

The stranger soon left, and training once again began. Will watched until he was bored, starting to conjure cute critters from his magic. His albino snake slithers from under his shirt sleeve.
"You should be watching, instead of messing with fragile sculptures."
"I don't want to Aberus, it's boring just watching."
"True, but you should study the others fighting techniques, maybe you learn something." Aberus slithered silently in my head, as his tall shattered my ice bunny. I returned to watching the fights, maybe he was right, I might learn something. His skills had already improved since coming here, he knew that.

Spoiler! :
Hey, me and ArahAkachi1 got something in common, although I'm only at the high school level for it. It's always hard work to be in Marching Band/Color Guard.
This is our routine. Day and night, all we do is survive; it never lets up. He tells me how these streets were crowded with people just going about their lives.. must've been nice.~Ellie

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:48 pm
View Likes
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Nikita Night
I smiled watching Jason playing with the winds. Athens swooped down and landed on my shoulder. Athens cocked his head to the side considering Jason. "He's very hyper." He commented dryly. "I know Athens but I think that's what gives him an advantage. He's underestimated in the battle field. "Do you really think he can fight?" Athens asked. I noticed Jason had stopped playing with the winds and knew he was listening. "I know he can fight he is hyper yes but he has a fighting spirit along with being an absolute sweet heart. So he's balanced and when it comes down to it he can handle himself." I said firmly stroking Athens head. Jason flushed and smiled at me. I returned it fully.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

Reviews: 1
Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:03 pm
Eru says...

Lycora

I jolted awake when I realized how long I had slept.

That's better. Shouldn't you start with the notebook? I'm sure we both have a lot to write down now that we know your hairpin doesn't do exactly what we want it to.

I guess... but why?

Who knows? Either way, it's gotten quiet out again. They started up fighting after you left and... well...

Somehow, I knew that was going to happen. I took out my notebook from my purse and flipped right to the center of it before scribbling down a header: "Hairpin and magic stuff" I switched the pen to my left hand before continuing: "1. hairpin absorbs all magic I don't know... at all... 2.Immunity only goes so far. 3. ..."

I'd hate to say this to you, but you weren't thinking of music when you were fighting with her earlier.

What does that have to do with anything?

You know how to switch keys on the piano. Can't you do it here to give you an advantage? You know, go a little off beat, throw a sharp or flat in here and there just to confuse Zan.

You're right... "3. Zan's not very flexible. Maybe not used to new ways of fighting? 4. crazy weak to earth 5. Possibly knows rail gun, but if she does, she's not using it. 6. Knows something about the hairpin that I don't..."

A piano isn't supposed to be played by itself. The other instruments that are played the right time will either emphasize the sound of it or make sure it blends in. So far, all you're just doing is playing the piano. What about the other instruments?

Ugh, I'm so sick and tired of music... I mean I ran away from that place for a reason... I gave a sigh Still, at least I understand what you're saying.

"Well, you're finally up." I slammed my notebook shut.

"Hi Zan." I muttered. Lamina, do we have any undrained gems in there?

One, and it's almost out. I don't think there's a reason to use it now, so just cross your fingers and hope for the best

...All right. I'll trust your sixth sense again.

The bird that would soar above the level plain of tradition and prejudice must have strong wings. It is a sad spectacle to see the weaklings bruised, exhausted, fluttering back to earth.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening