Young Writers Society

Voltages (Closed)

Reviews: 3
Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:33 pm
Satan says...

Name: Simon Udandarao
Clan: Loyalist
Appearance:
Simon is a bit short for his age, standing in at around 4'11", (though he'll swear he's 4'11" and a half). He has dark, brown eyes and dark, brown hair, and a tribal tattoo on his left forearm. He also has another tattoo -- his Voltage mark, which is the elemental sign for Earth. In other words, it's an upside-down triangle with a line going through it about halfway down. This tattoo rest a few inches away from his tribal tattoo, on the belly of his forearm. He's relatively fit, if a little lanky, and dresses like a sloppy waiter at a b-grade restaurant.
Personality: Simon's a liar and a cheat, who will do almost anything to get his way. If he doesn't convince you to give him the shirt off your back, he'll just steal it when you're sleeping. Very narcassistic, and conceited, Simon holds himself in high regard, while holding everyone else much lower. He doesn't work well with others, but he has a lot of drive and commitment. If he starts something, he won't give up until it's done, and done right.
History: He hasn't had much of a life yet, but the few experiencea that stick out most in his mind would be his father dying when he was eight, and him joining the Loyalists when his mother remarried.
Element: Earth
Other: Not up for love -- too high of standards.
Last edited by Satan on Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
frickdamn, son.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:57 pm
TheClosetKidnapper says...

Looks good, bookworm and Satan.

Everybody, I completely forgot! Please go back and edit in something about the Voltages' mark. It's a tattoo on the belly of their forearms that represents their power in some way. The Hiddens' marks will be shaded in, while the Loyalists' marks will be just outlines. The twins will be a mess of some sort. It usually has something to do with their personality. Pix, I'll tell you more about it and have you wait to post yours until I post mine.
I apologize for this, but it completely slipped my mind! Please and thank you!

We also have two more slots to fill. The Rogue Shadow does not have to be filled before we start, but the last Hidden does. If we get filled before the date mentioned in the title, the date will be moved up. If that does happen, I will make the first post then post that we started in the DT (which if you haven't checked it out, please do so and confirm that you've found it by posting like the others).
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:55 am
View Likes
xXmusicaXx says...

May I be a hidden Upz? The last one, I guess. XD
"Married to music - 'nuff said."
"Freedom is everything to me."

"Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?"
"I shall futterwacken vigorously"
~ Tarrant Hightop, Alice in Wonderland.

82 Reviews

Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:38 am

Sure :) Have your profile up by Friday, please!
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:29 am
xXmusicaXx says...

Spoiler! :
Yayy! New SB ~

Profile in construction! :D

Name: Mark Varin
Clan: Hidden
Appearance:
Mark's tall for his age, easily touching 6'4. He has a lazy surfer-dude drawling voice and messy, brown hair that easily clash with his green eyes. He's often seen in loose, easy to move in, clothes. He keeps his bow and arrow close by him.
Spoiler! :

Kinda like that but thinner and maybe a little lazier.

Personality: Mark is lazy. Really, really lazy. It's difficult, tending to nigh impossible to get him to wake him up in the mornings. He's a quiet person by nature, saying little. When he does speak, however, his words carry weight. He usually supports Nephil's decisions. Other than that, he's loyal and friendly. He doesn't particularly have a grudge against anyone - he's just going with it. He's also quite insecure, though he never shows it.

History: Mark never actually had a family. He was abandoned at the tender age of five, leading him to believe that he was not wanted. He wandered around, on his own, often getting picked on by others, children and adults alike, because of his mark, which had appeared by then. His first memory of being able to use his powers consciously is from when he was seven. He found Nephil when he was ten and has been with the Hiddens since then.

Element: Water
Mark: his mark takes the shape of a seahorse, lightly shaded in pale blue.
Other: He has the ability to form ice arrows, which he uses in place of real ones in his bow. Other than that, he uses a dagger made of ice to fight. His hands are always cold to the touch and if they get warm, you know something is wrong.

Spoiler! :
Will make a post tonight. Sorry for this Upz!
Last edited by xXmusicaXx on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Married to music - 'nuff said."
"Freedom is everything to me."

"Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?"
"I shall futterwacken vigorously"
~ Tarrant Hightop, Alice in Wonderland.

82 Reviews

Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:33 pm

Spoiler! :
To get things started...

Trevor:

Feet sore, I call my group of Loyalists to halt, the five of us standing on a steep mound of hurricane ruin. My eyes scan over all of them and I find that they’re just as worn out and hungry-looking as I feel.

“We’ll camp down there for the night.” I nod to the bottom of the hill.

There lay a small crevice made out of split wood that the majority should be able to squeeze into for rest.

We descend the remaining distance and drop our travel bags, plopping down where we stand. I perch on a battered container which bends inward slightly at my weight. The others open their knapsacks and pull out their canteens and what’s left of their personal food supplies.

We’ll have to circle back soon. Restock and rest fully.

I don’t want to return empty-handed so close to discovering what the fuss was about.

Absorbed in thought, I pull out my own canteen and take a sip, not needing much. My stomach rumbles, but I hold off on food, putting other things first.

“Mince, start a fire. It’ll be dark soon. The temperature drops after sunset.” I order, untying the laces of one of my boots.

He nods and get to it as I slip my left foot out of the boot and set it on my opposite knee. Leaving the sock on, I rub the sole of my foot. My arch always gave me problems. I’m past the blistering stage, unlike some of the others who don’t even bother to look at their feet.

After a minute, I switch feet and cover the first with its boot. Once satisfied with the condition of my other, I tie my shoes and summer a little rain to wash my hands with. My miniature shower plays solely on me until I’m finished and let it fizzle out.

Clean and content, I stand and make the rounds, beginning to decide who to keep watch. It would definitely not be Stella. Not that she isn’t capable. I just don’t want her to do so on her own.

I stop at Simon and sigh, catching his attention.

“First watch.” I tell him. “You can choose who to relieve you when midnight comes around.”

He nods and I keep going, checking on everyone else, and begin ushering the others into the shelter for the night.

``````````````
Zaen:

The sun sets over the horizon, the water begging to reach forward even further as it cools my bare feet. I close my eyes, imagining the last time I had been at this very beach with my whole family. Giggles ad laughter had filled the Massachusetts’ air with the warmth of Florida, making it both homey and foreign at the same time. An adventure. Our adventure. Then the storms had come and the memory turns sour.

My eyes open and I notice how dark it has gotten. Tori had started a fire a little further back and was beckoning me to join her.

Hungry, I stand and walk to the fire, the fish and seaweed I’d caught before my space out in the small satchel we’d salvaged weeks ago. I sit across from my sister and hand her the food, reminding her through sign that I’d rather not have my share burnt. She flashes a smile and shakes her head at me.

"I’ll try.”
Last edited by TheClosetKidnapper on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:57 pm
PixieStix says...

Tori

I started a fire, it's flames escaping the wood like I want to escape this place. I flash a smile at Zaen and shake my head at her.

"I'll try."

I've always loved being around my sister, she was te only one I've trusted. I heard other people were after us and I'll do anything to keep the close remains of my family together. I glanced down at the mark on my arm, a squiggly line, outlined boldly with yellow and red-ish orange. I sighed and concentrated on the fire, trying to keep my head straight.

"Do you think we should go hunt?" I asked, looking back up at Zaen.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:42 pm
KingLucifer says...

Nephil

We arrived on the scene after a long walk, I had been a long day and the sun was almost down, we needed to find someplace to camp out in this ruined town worn out or destroyed houses lined the streets, no one would be back here for a long time or at least the authorities came by to check it though for any survivor's. But we be long gone before then hopefully. I gave a silent signal to a destroyed house that look like it would hold for whatever time it had left, We took shelter under it half the house was either barricaded or destroyed and ripped apart by the storms that had come though here, it was like some thunder gods had a civil war here most of the coast of Florida was gone. I remember back to the information that was collected from here previously, that weather pattern's were unusual and the work of shadows causing them. I take a seat on the ground as Mark had started a fire to keep us warm I unhooked Masamune from my belt and wrapped my arms around it and then crossing my legs, and stared into the fire memories flashing by like they just happened. I held Masamune tight in my arms, as if for dear life. Sensing the presence of other's unsure I remember Trever and the last time we had clashed against each other, I still owe him for last time where he had slashed up my right shoulder. As the memory went by the intense pain came back and quickly left as if it were never there.

"You alright Nephil?" I heard.

"Yea, I'm fine, just memories is all." I replied.

I took a deep breath as the sun finally set on a long day it began raining, only to make matter's worse. The hostile presence I still sensed it lingering i the area, Loyalist I knew they be here, but not this soon.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:07 pm
tgirly says...

Twila - Hidden
"You alright, Nephil?" I ask, my fingers tapping as the dust swirls around us.
"Yea, I'm fine, just memories is all," he says. I nod. Although I'm curious, I know by now not to ask. He sighs, which makes me kind of nervous. My eyes dart around, but I don't see anyone but us. Still, I stand up and start pacing in circles just to have something to do.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

Reviews: 4
Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:55 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Stella

I tried to go to sleep, but the heat from the fire was just too bright. Finally giving up, I clambered to my feet and paced in a circle, kicking a little pebble in front of me. I loved looking around at night--there wasn't as much noise. Optical noise, that is. During the day, the sunlight created an infrared glow, a haze, sort of, that gave everything a washed-out look. I always switched to ultraviolet during the day, but it was easier to see in the infrared. Everything had its own unique temperature--color--in the infrared, and every living organism glowed. That was why I was chosen for watch duty the most--if something or someone tried to sneak up on us, I would see it.

There was Simon, sitting sullenly on a boulder. What was his deal? I was polite when he talked to me...if he talked to me...but really, I couldn't stand him. He was so full of himself. Ugh.

I was about to kick my pebble again when something in my peripheral vision caught my eye. I spun on my heel and looked toward the bright blotch. It was very far away, rising up above the trees. What was that? There weren't supposed to be any storms tonight. ...At least, I didn't think there were.

"Hey Trevor," I said, shaking him. "Trevor."

"What?" Trevor muttered, sitting up.

"There's something above the trees over there," I reported. "Can you see it? It's really bright in infrared. Any idea what it is?"
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

Reviews: 3
Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:21 am
Satan says...

Spoiler! :
/ ooc // I would like to quickly mention before I go any further, that I haven't roleplayed in a little under a year, not to mention I'm more used to writing in third person. So bear with me while I, erm, remember how this goes. // ooc /

Simon

"First watch."
Trevor said to me as I looked up at him from my spot on the ground. I had just swallowed a mouthful of water when he continued,
"You can choose who to relieve you when midnight comes around."

I sighed heavily and let my eyelids droop lower than they had been before, I was about to tell him I was way too tired to stay awake for another minute just to get out of it, but figured it would be better to go first than getting woken up after just a few hours of sleep.
So I nodded, begrudgingly stood up, and stumbled over to a boulder where I would have a relatively 360 view of around the camp.

I had never really liked rocks, they were always so cold and distant, and this one was no exception. I squirmed around a bit, but eventually just ended up holding my knees under my chin and staring angrily at the horizon.
What I wouldn’t give for a nice tree to rest on, I thought to myself. I imagined warm grass under my legs and leaves falling on my face. I closed my eyes for just a few seconds before I realized I was bound to drift off to sleep and tumble off the boulder if I didn’t stop daydreaming.

Pull yourself together! I mentally slapped myself, and forced my eyes as wide open as they would go, looking for anything that might be a threat.
But all to behold was wreckage and a small sparrow hopping around looking for food.
frickdamn, son.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:42 pm
ArahAkachi1 says...

Mince

I was leaning up against a tree looking at everybody. The fire I had started took a third of my mind to keep lit. I noticed that Simon seemed to be trying to keep him awake. Should I give him a little burn to wake him up, or just let him doze...

Pointing at Simon, a small flame burnt his hand, and he jolted up looking around. I closed my eyes faking sleep.
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

82 Reviews

Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:17 am

Trevor

Stella wakes me just as I'm dozing off and points off in the distance to something she says is a living being. I squint my eyes but still see nothing.

"Stay here. I'll be right back." I whisper.

I walk to Simon and crouch at his side, noticing how tired he looks.

"I need you to wake everyone, Simon." I tell him. "Have them stay under the shelter. I'm going to check something out with Stella. When I get back, I'll have Nikki take over watch for you so you can sleep."

I head back to Stella and ask her to take me to it, holding my hand out for her to take in a sibling-like way.

```````````
Zaen

Should she hunt? I think about it, eating the fish and seaweed.

Do you feel you need to? I sign. If you do, go ahead. I'll stay put.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:21 am
PixieStix says...

Victoria

I nod, "I'll be back." I stood and ran into the woods, my blade at my side and arrow hooked on my back. I climbed a tree and slowly and slyly looked out for any incoming deer or rabbit. I hear a rustle and take my bow and arrow targeting. I hit something and jump back down. I walk over to the animal. A deer. Great. I slung it over my back and made my way back to our campsite.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:33 am
tgirly says...

Twila-
I stop my pacing only long enough to feel the dust in the wind as it blows by for a moment, and then I'm back to moving. I like the feeling of dirt under my bare feet. I'd go all day not wearing shoes if I could, but I'd probably catch a cold. I do a cartwheel and start humming 'Pirates of the Carribean.'
"Nephil, are you sure we're safe here," I ask between da-da-da-dums.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

There is nothing more radical or counter-cultural, at the moment, than laying down one’s cynicism in favour of tender vulnerability.
— John Green