z

Young Writers Society

Angel's Maze

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:20 am
Starrywolf says...

Cool. Thanks for joining!
Last edited by Starrywolf on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:23 am
Leahweird says...

My pleasure! You looked like you needed someone to round out the council.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:35 pm
Napier says...

Milo

The vicious Lieu gripped the ghastly Hellor by its neck and forced it to the ground, sword gleaming at the creature's throat.

"You're following me," the Lieu, Milo, growled. "Why?"

The Hellor simply laughed a grisly laugh. His mouth was brimming with blood, as was the fur on his left side. Milo Dannegan had wasted no time in wounding the creature when it was clear he was being tailed, and this monster was close to death. He spat red, splashing Milo's face, and hitting the ground of the dank alleyway in which they lay.

Milo hissed.

"You tell me," he whispered through the black fur. "I'll slit your throat."

"I have no doubt," the Hellor's voice was deep and disgusting, gurgling from the dripping blood. "That you'll do that anyway, Dannegan."

Milo jabbed his thumb into the Hellor's sword wound and it screamed.

But then it laughed again.

"You have no idea," its huge fangs wrenched into a grin. "Are you ready for a world of pain?"

The Lieu squinted and drew his sword further to the beast's throat.

"We're after you."

And the throat was cut.

Ken

Pacman entered the maze, and the ghosts started chasing.

"How dare you defy the man of Pac, vile spirits!" screamed Ken Kellen, flinging his scruffy black hair around his face as he roared. "You will pay for your blasphemous ways!"

Ken often attracted stares from the other kids in the arcade, but he never gave them a moments notice. Pacman was his life, and after years of coming here, he had totally mastered it.

The yellow blob scooted round a curve, grabbed a flashing white ball and attacked the nearest ghost, left helpless by the power-up. Ken stamped his feet and whooped.

The level completed, the machine asked for another quarter, but he had ran out, so he reluctantly left the arcade, through the double doors and out into the rain.

When he turned left to shuffle down the cold road, a shift in the air caught his eye.

A shadow on the wall had moved. Flickered.It didn't seem to belong to anyone, and it certainly wasn't Ken's. Too far away for that. And it was getting dark, the only light emitting from dim street lamps, so it probably wasn't a trick of the sunlight.

The shadow moved again and Ken saw that it wasn't even attached to the wall. The shadow grew two emotionless, glowing red eyes and stretched it's spindly arms, darkness seeming to drip off of its body and form puddles on the floor.

And the Lothen gave chase.
“It is the tale, not he who tells it.”
― Stephen King

“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.”
― Stephen King

Formerly BadlyDrawnLightning

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:31 pm
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

Catherine

Slowly, I trudged home from school, the drizzling rain lightly tapping on my head. I kept my head down, making sure not slip or step in any puddles. I thought back to the day I had had at school for a bit, then stopped because it was extremely boring. Just like every other day.

All of a sudden the air shifted, and I stopped. A cold aura swept over the street. I looked around at all of the people who still lingered on their afternoon walks. They seemed completely oblivious to the change. My feet stayed frozen on the sidewalk, and soon the street (and sidewalks) were empty except for me. What was going on? Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the slightest bit of movement, but my eyes shifted immediately to it. There was nothing there.

I turned back and noticed a little boy standing outside of the arcade, looking down the street. He didn't notice me. I followed his gaze, squinting my eyes to see through the rain. I could barely make out a dark figure standing in the middle of the street. It was like nothing I had ever seen before, like a shadow, but alive! Suddenly, the figure started running away, and to my great surprise, the little boy started chasing after it. My curiosity got the best of me, and I started to follow them, but with a cautious fast walk.

That was the last thing I remembered before I slipped and was knocked unconscious.

((Please tell me if I should fix anything! I just thought this would be a good way to start getting the humans also involved with the angels. I know it's not very good but I'm kind of in a slump right now.))
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

Reviews: 1
Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:38 pm
LizzieCast says...

It's Really Good!
Last edited by LizzieCast on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elizabeth castellano<3
forgive me my nonsense as I also forgive the nonsense of those who think they talk sense- robert frost <3

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:49 pm
Leahweird says...

Lizziecast, I think you're in the wrong section. This is a storybook, not a shortstory. It's nice of you to review, but this is not the place.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:47 pm
Starrywolf says...

Resa

A few minutes after I called for a scout, Kael showed up. "Yeah?"

"A cress made a lot of noise before it managed to kill it. Not sure if anybody heard, and it's your job, so..." I smiled awkwardly, readjusting my bow on my back.

She nodded. "Sure."

Spoiler! :
Sorry for shortness, all I did was bring you in. xD
I'm multitasking.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:21 am
VampireSenshi says...

Angel

Angel walked slowly through the alleys of New York with ease. Staying invisible as he went, he couldn't risk a human seeing him should he run into any paranormal...
A sigh escaped from him as he turned a corner sharply, he was greeted with the sight of a Lothen.
His heart stopped...
He grabbed a sword out of the air and pointed it toward the large forboding creature.
"Okay - Let's have some fun"

Spoiler! :
Yeah- sorry for the unfinishedness - if another angel wants to come for aid- the choice is yours
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:30 pm
Napier says...

Ken

The New York streets quickly became a twisting maze of alleys and dangerous roads, brimming with cars and flashes of yellow.

Taxis.

Taxi!

Ken's feet had pounded stupidly into a busy road, and the taxi roared at him, charging like a bull, beeping its horn. The young angel felt a rush of panic and he did just what his instincts told him to do. He jumped.

Six feet into the air, and over the car.

"Oh," gasped Ken, landing on the ground, realising what he'd done. "Nuts."

His wings had helped the jump, and people had seen that leap, for sure.

He ran, the Lothen not far behind.

He turned another corner, splashing his sneaker into a large, muddy puddle and looked behind him.The Lothen had gone. Evidently slinked away into further shadows to pursue Ken more efficiently. But when he turned another corner, an amazing sight met his eyes. An angel, with wings of brightest blue, hair as black as night, and skin, pale as the moon.

And this angel drew his sword, a brilliantly gleaming sword. Even in this blackness the sword shined, an unmistakably magic aura surrounding the blade. And the sword slashed.

And hit a shadow that dripped with an inky blackness as it was cut.

The Lothen.

Ken gasped and the angel turned.

"Kid!" he yelled. "Get ba- oh. Another angel."

The Lothen lunged and the angel, tall with powerful arms, parried its attack.

The sword stabbed, and for a second tendrils of black made to wrench the sword away, wrapping around the blade, slithering towards the angel's hand. But the sword was thrust deeper, the tendrils quivered and the Lothen died.

"You OK, kid?" the angel grinned.

Ken whistled, staring with wide eyes at the sword.

"I gotta get myself one of those."
“It is the tale, not he who tells it.”
― Stephen King

“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.”
― Stephen King

Formerly BadlyDrawnLightning

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:58 pm
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

Catherine

I woke up in my bed. For a while I just sat there, confused, trying to put things together. What time was it? More importantly, what day was it? How long could I possible have been asleep? What had even happened?!I slowly turned over on my side and retrieved my cell phone from my bedside table for answers. The top informed me that it was November 13, 3:00 am. I had been asleep for about two days!

Then the memories all started to come back to me. The cold and lonely (well, it had seemed empty to me but in reality it had been very busy) street. The boy on the other side of the sidewalk. The dark shadowy figure that had started to chase him. The general eerie feeling of the whole thing, like everything was in slow motion except for the boy, the figure, and me, like we were the only ones there, like something extremely big was about to happen that would change my life forever. I knew that hadn't just been a dream. It was too real, but at the same time, it seemed completely impossible!

I had been right about one thing: that encounter would change my life. Of course, I didn't know just how much.

Spoiler! :
Okay, so it's cheesy and it's really not that good, but for right now, while everything's a bit slow, this is all I have. Please tell me if I need to fix anything. I just thought that it would be a bit interesting if the humans in this, since there are so few, play a big part. I'm not sure how, but they shouldn't just be unimportant. Any problem with that, just tell me! Sorry again.
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:20 am
VampireSenshi says...

Angel

After slaying the blundering Lothen Angel attempted to make conversation with the boy that had come to his aid (so to speak) 
"I gotta get me one of those..." he said in awe of Angel's sword.
"Yeah - one of a kind," he said
"Custom made Angelic Silver, takes care of Lothens very nicely!" he added
The kid was small; scruffy. His wings were a pale baby blue, not unlike Angel's own wings. 
"Name's Angel. You?" he thrust his hand out to greet him.
"Uh, Ken..." the boy stuttered
The boys hand was small, strongly.
Oddly enough he didn't snicker when Angel mentioned his name. He usually got a lot of crap for that.

The two Of them walked through the streets; trying not to part just in case they were to run into any more creatures. They didn't see anything really out of the ordinary.
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.
— Chinese proverb