z

Young Writers Society

The Chaze

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:50 am
Jaden G. says...

Scott

Max jumped down from a rock, landing pretty hard for a small kid. I let the kids lead the way through the jungle to look for a spring. I knew there were a few on the island, but whether these trainees could figure that out or do things the hard way with salt water was up to them.

“The ground gets wetter this way,” Max pointed east.

“Isn’t it ‘more wet’?” Blaire asked.

“Who cares? We’re close!” said Dastan.

“So once we find water, then what?”

“Food! I’m so hungry,” said Max, making me chuckle.

Blaire’s head suddenly shot up, turning her head erratically. “Hear something?” I asked, knowing the motion all too well.

“Chopping,” she answered.

“I hear it too,” said Dastan.

“Me too. What is it?” asked Max.

“Go find out.”

Dastan took lead and the others followed behind him. Hmm… note to self: kid has a leader quality. Pushing aside branches, I looked over the kids’ heads to see a teenage girl; one of the girls from the group. She had a machete and was trying to cut down some fruit.

“She’s one of the other kids. I think she was with that Obese lady.”

“You mean Obsidian?” I asked. Thank God she wasn’t here at the moment or my student would be dead or worse. A thud regained our attention as the kid had finally cut a bundle of bananas down.

“Maybe she would share?” asked Blaire.

“Maybe.”

“Let’s ask,” said Max eagerly before running out. The kid was startled by the sudden movement and had her machete out at the ready. Max froze and looked between the weapon pointing at him and the boy.

“Max!” Dastan called and ran up behind him.

“Guess we’re following,” said I and walked out with Blaire behind.

“Um, hi?” Dastan ventured.

“What do you want?” she asked.

“We were going to ask if you would like to share,” Max piped up.

She looked at him with a weird, suspicious look. “You’re kidding right?”

“No.”

Her eyes roamed around, looking at each of us and then the area. She did lower her weapon, which was a relief. I didn’t need my students getting in a fight on their first day.

“Well—“

“What is taking so long?” another voice called out. Obsidian came bursting through the leaves with another teen behind her. She looked at the girl and then at us. “Oh, you.”

“How are you Obsidian?” I asked.

“Uh-huh… let’s go,” she said. Always the charmer. The girl, presumably her student, hurried behind her with the bananas under her arm.

“So they’re not going to share?” asked Max.
"Oh please don't tell me you're archaeologists."

"Do you have a problem with archaeologists?"

"I'm a time traveler. I laugh at archaeologists."

~Doctor Who

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:31 am
Camulaeus says...

Hey I'm sorry but I can't do his anymore: got a bad term grade and parents are cracking down on my schooling.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

Oh, I'm sorry. My friends are in the popcorn and I have to save them.
— Tori Hansen, Power Rangers Ninja Storm